June 15, 2024, 06:32:03 PM

Author Topic: Latchoo embraces coaching role  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latchoo embraces coaching role
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:08:40 AM »
Latchoo embraces coaching role
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

The little village of Cedar Hill, located ten minutes drive from Princes Town is not often known for producing individuals who may excel in sport at a national level.

The only noteworthy personality to have made it big from the “Hill” is former Miss Universe/Miss World representative Michelle Khan. But  promising local football coach Rajesh Latchoo is keen on making a name for himself.

Currently the head coach of 2009 T&T Pro League champions Bmobile  Joe Public FC, he is also on the instructors of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation overseeing the Coaching Courses under the Dutch vision.

The former St Stephen’s College student and member of the Princes Town Youth Football club, Latchoo says determination was a main factor in his journey from Cedar Hill to Joe Public where he started off as a youth coach.

“It was faith and God’s intervention that has gotten me to this point today. I finished school and got in Mechanical Engineering but I also liked sports from a young age. I was always involved in sports even though my school was not heavily involved in football or any sport," he said.

"Then I discovered different avenues that would allow me to get involved in sport and moreso football. I can recall the day I had to tell my father that I wanted to pursue football and not engineering. He had big hopes for me academic wise but he still supported me in this.

I engaged in the Art and Science of Coaching course at UWI. I was also part of a TTFF development course some years ago while at the Princes Town Youth football club and everything took off from there,” Latchoo said.

“I haven’t looked back since and I’ve continued to work on developing my coaching skills and I am thankful to Joe Public football club for the opportunity to coach at the professional level,” Latchoo added.

Regarding his position as a local coaching instructor, he added: “The experience has been valuable and I keep learning everyday while we teach the participants and exchanging views and ideas with the other instructors

And he expects Joe Public to feature highly in the upcoming T&T Pro League season.

“Despite having a relatively young squad this year, I think we will give a really good showing. Andre Toussaint’s knowledge and experience is a valuable asset to the team and we expect some of the other players to rise to the challenges ahead.

I think the team will have a fair amount of young players but also some new signings. The club itself focuses on developing younger players and we will always try to utilize our home grown talent,” he added.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:19:34 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latchoo embraces coaching role
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:29:42 AM »
Good Luck Mr. Latchoo. He went St. Stephens. Didn't Mervyn Sirju went there before he went to Sando Tech.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »
Yeah boy, my soccer school!  How come he ain't give credits to director of PTYFS - Kendell 'Stylie' Crawford?  Big up Stylie, for producing coaches.  Best GK training I've received, and that says a lot, because I've been fortunate to train under Lovell, Carter, Barkley, and my college GK coach.  But his foundations of GK coaching was fundamentally sound.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:37:37 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:26:08 PM »
I passed through Stylie hands also..boss coach.Instilled discipline that I took to my other sporting pursuits.Remember running up St.Stephens hill with a team mate on my back!!!!!!!
tell them it was me

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »
I passed through Stylie hands also..boss coach.Instilled discipline that I took to my other sporting pursuits.Remember running up St.Stephens hill with a team mate on my back!!!!!!!

Oh boy, St. Stephen's hill! Ah remember "gallying" one morning before training started, having men take shots on me, without warming up.  Style ain't say nothing until training started, and he gave me the heaviest medicine ball and pointed to the hill.  Punishment for not warming up.  And in retrospect, he was right. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
doh mean to get kicks ....but dereck King an Latchoo look like dey eat all the Joe Public Food Budget
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 05:56:13 AM »
Good Luck Mr. Latchoo. He went St. Stephens. Didn't Mervyn Sirju went there before he went to Sando Tech.

Yip about Mervin Sirju...........he is also Shahdon Winchester's uncle.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 07:00:33 AM »
doh mean to get kicks ....but dereck King an Latchoo look like dey eat all the Joe Public Food Budget

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Given his appearance and lack of playing pedigree, I wonder how his charges respect him?

That said he has a big position, is in charge of one of TT's top clubs, is a Dutch Coaching course instructor and gave up Engineering to follow his dream.

I give him full props for that and I wish the man well. He has to be doing something right.

It ent easy in this football ting in Trinidad and appearances count for plenty in this life, time will tell if he can make the grade.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:06:31 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>