April 23, 2024, 08:32:25 PM

Author Topic: 2011 Champions League Final.  (Read 18211 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2011 Champions League Final.
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »
Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Wembley Stadium, on Saturday 28 May.

2011 Champions League Final.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Champions League Final.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:04:15 AM »
Can manu exact cl final revenge?

Will manu lose their second final in 4 years?

Barca will they try and play dead or play ball?

Will UEFA conspire to have manu win at wembely?

Home advantage may help

Can barca stay cool and get the job done?

Will messi and company show the reds who's boss?

Will Pep pup Fergie?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »
Barca advantages:

More individual skill AND team creativity - Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro combo is special...chemistry like I've never seen before...and there's nothing to stop Messi on his day.

More imaginative team play overall

High press defense - If they get that right on the day, forget it - Man U doh have the ball handling genius to deal with it.

Barca weaknesses:

Lack a bit of killer instinct - let teams off the hook, take their foot off the gas when the game seems comfortable, and sometimes a bit too laid back in how they take risks with the ball in dangerous parts of the field (particularly in the middle and at the back)...

Tactical naivete? - Not sure about this but get the impression that Barca expects to outplay the opposition, and not necessarily try to out-coach...so in a tough spot, I dunno how tactically flexible they are to switch up their approach...but then again there's always Messi.   

Man U advantages:

Crowd support - It will be closer to a home game for them as they will have most of the neutrals and probably a bigger traveling fan base

Discipline & Tactics - They play a less risky and more disciplined brand... lower chance of mistakes.  Fergie will also put alot into the tactical battle and make it difficult.  I give him the nod over Pep if it comes down to tactics. 

Man U major weakness:

Overall lack of creativity and individual brilliance to lift them if they're having an off day... This is the most basic, fundamental playing Man U team I've ever seen...a blessing and a curse depending on the scenario. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:57:40 AM »
Can manu exact cl final revenge?

Will manu lose their second final in 4 years?

Barca will they try and play dead or play ball?

Will UEFA conspire to have manu win at wembely?

Home advantage may help

Can barca stay cool and get the job done?

Will messi and company show the reds who's boss?

Will Pep pup Fergie?

Hear this clown nah

" Will manu lose their second final in 4 years?  "

At least we know how to reach a final... and win

They have no shame in losing to Barcelona should we lose.. the only negative thing is hearing their c**t fans for another year on their high horses when this would be the 6th game they have seen this season.. 5 classicos and the CL Final

Gunnerstunner you should leave this thread.. this is a thread for fans who support clubs with major honours.. not reaching 1 CL final in their history ... Hear the shit you post there nah boy.. will UEFA conspire to let United win.. UEFA HATES THE ENGLISH  lol..

Mr Birmingham, please concentrate on your own shit side on the race for 3rd and enjoy another trophyless season.. 6 years f**k all..  I surprised Barack didnt find Osama hiding in that barren department called Arsenal trophy cabinet.. probably had more room than a f**king Cave

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 11:59:48 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »
damn Small Mag...DAMN!!!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:19 PM »
Barca advantages:

More individual skill AND team creativity - Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro combo is special...chemistry like I've never seen before...and there's nothing to stop Messi on his day.

High press defense - If they get that right on the day, forget it - Man U doh have the ball handling genius to deal with it.

Barca weaknesses:

Lack a bit of killer instinct - let teams off the hook, take their foot off the gas when the game seems comfortable, and sometimes a bit too laid back in how they take risks with the ball in dangerous parts of the field (particularly in the middle and at the back)...

Tactical naivete? - Not sure about this but get the impression that Barca expects to outplay the opposition, and not necessarily try to out-coach...so in a tough spot, I dunno how tactically flexible they are to switch up their approach...but then again there's always Messi.   

Man U advantages:

Crowd support - It will be closer to a home game for them as they will have most of the neutrals and probably a bigger traveling fan base

Discipline & Tactics - They play a less risky and more disciplined brand... lower chance of mistakes.  Fergie will also put alot into the tactical battle and make it difficult.  I give him the nod over Pep if it comes down to tactics. 

Man U major weakness:

Overall lack of creativity and individual brilliance to lift them if they're having an off day... This is the most basic, fundamental playing Man U team I've ever seen...a blessing and a curse depending on the scenario. 

Spot on with most of that Kicker... alot of people are arguing having No Ronaldo might be better suited for United.. in 2009 the plan was get it to him.. now everyone must share the responsibility defensively and attacking wise.. everyone must give 100%

Barca are the favourites without a doubt.. only the idiots of the footballing world will think they will hammer us and it is a given.. they are favourites but dont sleep on my side.. this United team for all its lack of fantasy does not like to lose..they are the most determined United team I've seen..

90 Minutes.. whoever wants it more will win, whoever wins will deserve it

I will let my team do the talking for me... but dont let my silence fool anyone.. no fear, no giving up, we are going there to bring that Cup home, we are going to kill for it, be it against Barca or f**king Brighton .

For all the Barca is great talk which they deserve we deserve that respect too even If everyone hates United.. 3 CL finals in 4 years, possibly 3 EPL in 4 years. throw in 2 carling cups and a World Club cup too... imagine if we added some extra quality to the squad  :o.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
Tickets for this match is very high  >:(

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »
damn Small Mag...DAMN!!!!!

Yeah small mag, yuh coulda use the putter yuh gone and swing with the 9 iron... Juhhh lol!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »

Spot on with most of that Kicker... alot of people are arguing having No Ronaldo might be better suited for United.. in 2009 the plan was get it to him.. now everyone must share the responsibility defensively and attacking wise.. everyone must give 100%

Barca are the favourites without a doubt.. only the idiots of the footballing world will think they will hammer us and it is a given.. they are favourites but dont sleep on my side.. this United team for all its lack of fantasy does not like to lose..they are the most determined United team I've seen..

90 Minutes.. whoever wants it more will win, whoever wins will deserve it

I will let my team do the talking for me... but dont let my silence fool anyone.. no fear, no giving up, we are going there to bring that Cup home, we are going to kill for it, be it against Barca or f**king Brighton .

For all the Barca is great talk which they deserve we deserve that respect too even If everyone hates United.. 3 CL finals in 4 years, possibly 3 EPL in 4 years. throw in 2 carling cups and a World Club cup too... imagine if we added some extra quality to the squad  :o.

Will be a great match.  Two best teams in the world right now, and arguably the two best in the past decade (or at least the latter half of it)...Also two of the proudest.  Madrid is probably the proudest  of them all but their pride has managed to sabotage their own success in the last 8 years.  

Barca and Man U have managed to keep their feet on the ground and consistently find a success formula of late...have to respect that.  

Hopefully it lives up to the expectation...looking forward to it.  

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »

Mr Birmingham, please concentrate on your own shit side on the race for 3rd and enjoy another trophyless season.. 6 years f**k all..  I surprised Barack didnt find Osama hiding in that barren department called Arsenal trophy cabinet.. probably had more room than a f**king Cave

I had to laugh yes  :rotfl:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »
I surprised Barack didnt find Osama hiding in that barren department called Arsenal trophy cabinet.. probably had more room than a f**king Cave

What a tirade, but this last line real bad, had meh going  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Barca advantages:

Barca weaknesses:

Man U advantages:

Man U major weakness:

Is that not one of the same  ;D

Seriously I do think they show tactical flexibility, but it more based on a suttle player switch. right now their bench lacks depth.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »
Well done smallmag. When men bowl york, is 6 they bound to colleck.  How these Arsenal men still have a f*cking voice (and a strong one to boot) does amaze me... As yuh say, 6 years, f*ck all.... Gunnerstunner hold yuh tongue about other teams till your team relevant again nah... Instead let's talk about the FA conspiracy to let Birmingham win the Carling Cup!!!  Losers!!! Haha..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:01:34 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
yes small mag...BARREN DEPARTMENT. :rotfl: :rotfl:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »

I had to laugh yes  :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »
Barca advantages:

Barca weaknesses:

Man U advantages:

Man U major weakness:

United may have the crowd support but playing at Wembley may not be an advantage because we never play well at Wembley! We struggle on that damn pitch!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »
 :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 01:43:02 PM »
Barcelona has one approach no matter the opposition.  High pressure team defense and jook it until it buss. We not going to surprise anybody because they know what we coming with anyway. Knowing Barca and stopping Barca are two different things.

We don't have a spectacular record on English soil but I think we have enough quality to dictate the game and win comfortably.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
I surprised Barack didnt find Osama hiding in that barren department called Arsenal trophy cabinet.. probably had more room than a f**king Cave

oh gorrrrrddd , nah Stunner hahaha  :rotfl: . :devil:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:25:55 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »

LOL!!!
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »

Love it I love dropping lil things for lil minds to get riled up about, awesome his venom is hilarious kinda like scrappy-doo

I couldn't care who wins this tho a manu loss would be poetic justice

Let the kid gallery, make hay while the sun shines, fergie won't live forever

Prob best manager ever, too bad that wrongly justifies the lowest scummiest classless coattail riding pieces of pond scum excriment that ever supported a sport to act like they actually achieved anything in their sad little worthless red devil worshping lives my god gave mercy on their lost souls

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 03:06:57 PM »

Love it I love dropping lil things for lil minds to get riled up about, awesome his venom is hilarious kinda like scrappy-doo

I couldn't care who wins this tho a manu loss would be poetic justice

Let the kid gallery, make hay while the sun shines, fergie won't live forever

Prob best manager ever, too bad that wrongly justifies the lowest scummiest classless coattail riding pieces of pond scum excriment that ever supported a sport to act like they actually achieved anything in their sad little worthless red devil worshping lives my god gave mercy on their lost souls

Under all da ole talk yuh still get hit for 6 though eh...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
LoL that was nothing but a mosquito bite compared to the licks arsenal hit me with over the last 6 years  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:16:57 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
Hard luck Stunner. A little perspective. Supporting Man U gives them something to feel good about while they pumping gas for Gooners. Doh study it. It was funny though. Give jack he jacket. That Osama comment was clever.  :applause:

Under serious talk I wouldn't write off Man U. Their defence is excellent, and they love to get the ball to their wingers, who can real stress Barca fullbacks (the most defensively incapable fullbacks of any major team in Europe). If Scholes or Carrick can avoid getting sent off and they can get rid of the ball quick they could real poison Barca. They live on long balls to the flanks (Even Giggs rip up Chelsea in the Quarters wit dat one.). What they have to worry about is allowing Xavi time on the ball.

LoL that was nothing but a mosquito bite compared to the licks arsenal guy me with over the last 6 years  :rotfl:
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »
Under serious talk I wouldn't write off Man U. Their defence is excellent, and they love to get the ball to their wingers, who can real stress Barca fullbacks (the most defensively incapable fullbacks of any major team in Europe). If Scholes or Carrick can avoid getting sent off and they can get rid of the ball quick they could real poison Barca. They live on long balls to the flanks (Even Giggs rip up Chelsea in the Quarters wit dat one.). What they have to worry about is allowing Xavi time on the ball.

Yeah I watched the RM - Barca 2nd leg again last night, and Man U def has the tools to go head to head with Barca.  They are disciplined enough to frustrate them, physical enough to have a presence and def have the quality to make whatever openings they get, count.  Like you say, if they let Barca settle into a rhythm in midfield...and if they get that hustle defense right, forget it.  It will be the 2009 final all over again.  The biggest notable weakness with Barca is their overconfidence in bringing the ball out of the back - both Madrid's equalizer in the 2nd leg, and Arsenal's chance to knock them out in the dying minutes came from Barca coughing up the ball in dangerous areas of the field by trying to be too intricate in how they bring the ball out of the back.  Puyol was also notably uncomfortable at left back....but Abidal, Adriano or Maxwell might be fit again by the final....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 07:51:18 AM »

Yeah I watched the RM - Barca 2nd leg again last night, and Man U def has the tools to go head to head with Barca.  They are disciplined enough to frustrate them, physical enough to have a presence and def have the quality to make whatever openings they get, count.  Like you say, if they let Barca settle into a rhythm in midfield...and if they get that hustle defense right, forget it.  It will be the 2009 final all over again.  The biggest notable weakness with Barca is their overconfidence in bringing the ball out of the back - both Madrid's equalizer in the 2nd leg, and Arsenal's chance to knock them out in the dying minutes came from Barca coughing up the ball in dangerous areas of the field by trying to be too intricate in how they bring the ball out of the back.  Puyol was also notably uncomfortable at left back....but Abidal, Adriano or Maxwell might be fit again by the final....

Barca struggle with crosses and with ManU's ability to penetrate out wide, it could be telling.
ManU at the back are never comfortable with players that run at them and that could be telling.

lets wait and see
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 09:28:08 AM »
Forget all that long talk and tactical analysis.

Barca have Messi! Talk done.

The only time Man United ever come remotely close to keeping him quiet is when he rush back from a thigh injury and was well below best, and even then he still make Scholes look like a schoolboy.

It would take an act of God for Man U to win this.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
All Haters this is MAN U SOCAWARRIORS, KNOW YOUR PLACE  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 10:03:02 AM »
Forget all that long talk and tactical analysis.

Barca have Messi! Talk done.

lol...

1]; } ?>