April 27, 2024, 01:16:36 PM

Author Topic: 2011 Champions League Final.  (Read 18278 times)

giggsy11

Re: 2011 Champions League Final.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »
Hopefully Scholes does not start; that didn't work out to well in 09 after Fergie picked him due to sentimental reasons. Scholes has become a defensive liability these past two seasons as in, he has problems keeping up with the play which has led to holes in midfield. Plus he will not get the time and space he needs to pass against Barca which he needs now in the later stage of his career. Great playing career and player!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 04:50:16 AM »
All now Fergie buying the wine and talking seriously with Jose about how to deal with Barca. All indications are they are good friends, and yuh know Jose eh go hold back.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Champions League Final
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
Just wanted to know if someone can help me out. I have FLOW cable and the only time I'm seeing them bringing the match is 5 30 pm on Saturday (on the guide) Does anyone know if they would have the game live or if thats the only time they're bringing it?

giggsy11

Re: Champions League Final
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »
Just wanted to know if someone can help me out. I have FLOW cable and the only time I'm seeing them bringing the match is 5 30 pm on Saturday (on the guide) Does anyone know if they would have the game live or if thats the only time they're bringing it?

Sorry hun, don't have an answer. Hopefully you will get a response before Saturday. Welcome by the way. :beermug:

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2011, 09:35:40 AM »

Thanks :) I'm on the site regularly though, I just dont post lol. I got my answer though, its on channel 58 live. So I'm happy, the lime is back on!!!!  ;D

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »

Thanks :) I'm on the site regularly though, I just dont post lol. I got my answer though, its on channel 58 live. So I'm happy, the lime is back on!!!!  ;D

what is channel 58?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »
hold up FOX is actually goin to show the Final!?!?!?! Not Fox Soccer Channel or Fox Soccer Plus?? but FOX themselves!?!?!?! How they manage???

giggsy11

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2011, 01:33:29 PM »
hold up FOX is actually goin to show the Final!?!?!?! Not Fox Soccer Channel or Fox Soccer Plus?? but FOX themselves!?!?!?! How they manage???

They started with last year's final.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
i hope they dont block it , flow like to do shit. Surprise FOX channel it self bringing football mainstream. The funny thing is sportmax showing the game 5:30 but advertising it as live lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 01:51:18 PM »
i hope they dont block it , flow like to do shit. Surprise FOX channel it self bringing football mainstream. The funny thing is sportmax showing the game 5:30 but advertising it as live lol

FLOW will get sued if they block FOX channel 58 and the game does not show live on Sportsmax

also allyuh die hards like me need to buy the fox espanol.. its 20 tt a month and you get other channels which are primarily spanish but its 20 tt a month and it shows games that FSC shows as well as other CL games etc.. Sportsmax rell risky and always have a problem and fsc is blocked.. so I would watch it on the spanish fox should any problems occur which generally happens every week

It is the best 20 tt yuh cud spend a month.. it safe and rell good quality and some games show in english

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »

Thats what had me afraid but I guess the normal FOX channel will have it. Doubt they will block it, or you ll just read how FLOW Tacarigua office burn down das all  :devil:

FLOW will get sued if they block FOX channel 58 and the game does not show live on Sportsmax

also allyuh die hards like me need to buy the fox espanol.. its 20 tt a month and you get other channels which are primarily spanish but its 20 tt a month and it shows games that FSC shows as well as other CL games etc.. Sportsmax rell risky and always have a problem and fsc is blocked.. so I would watch it on the spanish fox should any problems occur which generally happens every week

It is the best 20 tt yuh cud spend a month.. it safe and rell good quality and some games show in english

Thats part of FLOW line up aswell or your getting it else where?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 04:22:36 PM »

Thats what had me afraid but I guess the normal FOX channel will have it. Doubt they will block it, or you ll just read how FLOW Tacarigua office burn down das all  :devil:

All the semi finals they block on FSC  :-\ is a good thing i have sportmax
Youtube Channel

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2011, 04:25:57 PM »

All the semi finals they block on FSC  :-\ is a good thing i have sportmax

Honestly, I'm outrightly daring them to block it :) But nah, I spoke to someone who works there and she said FOX would be bringing it live and she didnt say anything about it being blocked so I guess it would be alright. They cant make me wait til 5 30 before I can watch it.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 12:36:46 AM »

Better have a plan B. Is Fox - Forever breakin yuh heart.

Whats up Reaper, long time!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »
if allyuh in DC, the Trinidad and Tobago Association having ah Champions League Final Lime. Doors open at 2:00pm. 

giggsy11

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »
if allyuh in DC, the Trinidad and Tobago Association having ah Champions League Final Lime. Doors open at 2:00pm. 

I will be in DC, where is it in DC?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:10:25 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »

Better have a plan B. Is Fox - Forever breakin yuh heart.

Whats up Reaper, long time!

same $hite new day working my arse off

giggsy11

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »

The good thing is FSC and FSCplus will be replaying it for the rest of the week after if you happen to miss the match.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »

All Haters this is MAN U SOCAWARRIORS, KNOW YOUR PLACE  :beermug:

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »

Date
Saturday the 28th of May 2011

Time
20:45, Barcelona Time (CEST)
11:45, Los Angeles (PDT)
14:45, Ontario/Montréal (EDT)
18:45, London (UTC)
2:45, Trinidad

Wembley Stadium

United are obviously no strangers to Wembley, scene of nine of their FA Cup final victories, though the north London venue also commands a place in Barcelona's affections. Indeed, as Europe's premier club competition returns to Wembley for a record sixth time – the first in the UEFA Champions League era – fate has pitted together the two sides that claimed their maiden European Cups there.In 1968 United became the first English club to lift the trophy with a 4-1 extra-time victory against a Eusébio-inspired SL Benfica. The Catalan giants also needed an additional 30 minutes when they met UC Sampdoria 24 years later in the last final before the dawn of the UEFA Champions League era. With Josep Guardiola among the starting XI, Dutch international Ronald Koeman finally broke the deadlock in the second period of extra time with a trademark free-kick.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YaqOibFjog" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7YaqOibFjog</a>

Previous Encounters

United and Barcelona have met on ten previous occasions, winning three games apiece and drawing the other four since beginning their rivalry in the 1983/84 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup quarter-finals. They have also met in two UEFA finals; aside from Barcelona's 2009 triumph, they also met in the 1991 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final in Rotterdam when United ran out 2-1 winners – Sir Alex Ferguson's first European trophy at Old Trafford. Former Barça striker Mark Hughes was the United hero, twice beating goalkeeper Carlos Busquets, father of Sergio.

The sides were paired in the UEFA Champions League group stage in 1994/95 and 1998/99, drawing three games with Barcelona winning the other, and United prevailed when they met in the 2007/08 semi-finals. Barcelona enacted swift retribution in their last meeting in Rome though ominously for Barça, neither side has ever won back-to-back meetings.

European pedigree

Both sides have three titles apiece and are aiming for a fourth to move level with AFC Ajax and FC Bayern München in the all-time list – behind only Liverpool FC, AC Milan and Real Madrid CF. United had a 100% record in finals before Rome in 2009, defeating Benfica (1968), Bayern (1999) and Chelsea FC (2008).Barcelona have won three out of six, victories against Sampdoria (1992), Arsenal FC (2006) and United balanced out by losses to Benfica (1961), FC Steaua Bucureşti (1986) and Milan (1994). For the Blaugrana, triumph would bring their third European Cup in six seasons, making them the first team to win the UEFA Champions League three times this century.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2011/05/22/sports/soccer/22messi-GPX.html?ref=soccer

Més que un club.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »

5123 Georgia Ave NW WDC

giggsy11

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »

5123 Georgia Ave NW WDC

:beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
Last training in Barca before they left for England.

Watch yuh self dey Puyol.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmnqEmSXhYY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YmnqEmSXhYY</a>

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
New Nike ad for the occasion.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPACf5SIKJM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XPACf5SIKJM</a>

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »
Sportmax showing it live. I hope they dont block FOX, or else it going to have alot of angry people tommorow
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »

The good thing is FSC and FSCplus will be replaying it for the rest of the week after if you happen to miss the match.

yeh buh giggsy dis is not one yuh want to see second hand. Doh matter wha time zone yuh in, man want to see dis live!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
whether it on fox or not..a game like this needs atmosphere..off to nou camp (hutt shutts)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »
Where my lads?!  :beermug: calling all UTD fans !!  :devil:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZN239G6aJZo&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZN239G6aJZo&amp;</a>
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 11:27:19 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2011, 11:59:43 AM »
Starting -

#MUFC: Van Der Sar; Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidić, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Park; Rooney, Hernández

#FCB: Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Abidal; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Villa - Puyol on the bench, confirmed

Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>