April 25, 2024, 10:14:48 AM

Author Topic: 2011 Champions League Final.  (Read 18227 times)

Dumplingdinho

Re: 2011 Champions League Final.
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
good fight man u but allyuh didnt have enough to handle us.  we need to start preparing for the onslaught that coming from real madrid next year.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
Great gesture to let Abidal life the cup, after what he's been through.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »

agreed

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »
No Complaints...Congratulations to the greatest football team I've ever seen...Couldnt be prouder of my team for the effort and class we conduct ourselves with winning or losing and hopefully gained respect which we deserve . The future is bright and with a few quality signings we will bounce back and hopefully get our hands on that trophy...Thank you Edwin Van Der Sar and I will always love my team

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2011, 03:04:07 PM »
Barca deserved to win this match but Van Der Sar could have done better on the first two goals.  Okay, he get wrong footed on a well-placed shot by Pedro, but that Messi goal was soft by Van Der Sar's standards.  The commentator harped on the defense giving Messi too much space but Evra reacted to his movement, Messi just did well to open a little room to shoot.  Perhaps VDS was screened a little by Vidic.  Not how he would have wanted to go out I'm sure, even in defeat.

All that is kinda moot when yuh get yuh arse wash in that kinda manner.  If it wasn't dem goals there woulda been others. 

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2011, 03:05:06 PM »
No Complaints...Congratulations to the greatest football team I've ever seen...Couldnt be prouder of my team for the effort and class we conduct ourselves with winning or losing and hopefully gained respect which we deserve . The future is bright and with a few quality signings we will bounce back and hopefully get our hands on that trophy...Thank you Edwin Van Der Sar and I will always love my team

Classy, Small Mag.  You need to buy two creative midfielders.  Carrick, Fletcher, and Park not rated highly in that department.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »

Classy, Small Mag.  You need to buy two creative midfielders.  Carrick, Fletcher, and Park not rated highly in that department.

yep.. Carrick pushed on well in the end of the season and wasnt bad today at all.. but Modric is someone we need

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »
Small mag= congratulations on being gracious. I think Fergie got it wrong today. He should have started with Berb and Nanni. With 30% possession one cannot win. In all fairness barca is a great team and a Family. Most of the players came out of a Youth Academy. A lesson we must learn about T&T football. It is not about a quick fix. Now I am a Chelsea fan but I think PEPE needs to stay at Barca. There is talk that he may come to Chelsea. I hope not= Horses for courses.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »
Great game by Barca, the best team in Europe and rightly so :beermug:

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
Absolutely gutted but congrats to Barca on a 5 star performance they are truly and really the best club in the world. Red Devils you HAVE to step up next season don't disappoint me again.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2011, 04:44:41 PM »
What a performance by a great team. I just watched the match in a bar full of Barca supporters, so I am actually happy that I can get my mind back to thinking in English so I can make this post.

Really, I eh care which team came out to play Barca, the result would be a formality. Messi and Villa are simply class.

Hard luck United. Liverpool woulda get ah level cutarse also.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:57:35 PM by kaliman2006 »

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
Berbatov did an interview some years ago about how his home town team and fans (can't remember who but he made his name with them from a youth player on up) turn on him when he had a bad run of form, so he decided from then on football was strictly business. He said that real hurt him because he had real love that team from childhood. Can't blame him for that. He will probably move on and do well somewhere else than Man U.

And the thing is that he really didn't have reason to gripe about anything while with Spurs.  He was in good favor with Harry and had just started to peak as a player in an up and coming Spurs side brimming with young talent.  Well, he got his wish and got his EPL glory for ManU and now Ferguson find a nicer shinier bauble to play with so he get put on de shelf collecting dust.

Congrats to Barcelona. A well executed plan. Man U was awful. No thrust on the wings, Chicharito was almost nonexistent, Giggs and Carrick did almost no defending whatsoever. This is the worst I see Evra play all year (serves him right for his comments about Nasri). Barcelona, as always, will kill you once you let them have the ball in front your centre backs. I watch them destroy enough teams with that one. With no defensive midfielder it was sure to happen. Same mistake on all 3 goals they score. Fergie shoulda fix that at half time with Fletcher coming on. Giggs and Carrick cost Man U this game.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
Small Mag
Yuh prove me wrong

Some manu fans can be gracious in defeat

Better your side than mine at the end of that footballing lesson that happened today

To the rest of manu fans that can't learn humility in winning and losing then yuh deserve today

To those who can, hard luck yuh just didn't show up today

All in all it was good to watch and football win today

Fuc-k way with FIFA

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »
Manu maybe the most popular team..but they r NOT the best. Baca is hands down..wish most Manu fans would get that....
Good game!! wish mankind could see more skill and passing like that on a regular basis.
Messi.....wht can you say!! :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »
this manu team to be honest lucky to get this far in the champions league...

the manu team of 99 was far better and woulda give ah better account....

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »

lucky? dont think so  :shameonyou:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2011, 08:51:20 PM »
Man U had 1 shot on goal to Barca's 12.
I was tellin my friends how Chicharito will spring a surprise, but nobody was able to send him through.
Man U are a class below Barca.

I think on Messi's goal Van Der Sar was again caught moving the wrong way, as well as flat footed.  When yuh get caught flat footed, yuh can't dive any meaningful distance.

Chicharron was offside for the Man U goal too.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2011, 10:46:42 PM »
I think on Messi's goal Van Der Sar was again caught moving the wrong way, as well as flat footed.  When yuh get caught flat footed, yuh can't dive any meaningful distance.

Chicharron was offside for the Man U goal too.

Van Der Sar said that he thought that Messi woulda gone far post, so he cheated a little bit. Seen keepers get killed on free kicks doing that.   

Javier Hernandez was def off, but barely...enough to get the benefit of the doubt...The finish by Rooney made it worth allowing...was classy of Barca to not complain too much about it....

Both Barca and Man U had half way decent shouts for handball...Classy of both teams to be cool about those too...

Great game - very worthy of a final. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »
Van Der Sar said that he thought that Messi woulda gone far post, so he cheated a little bit. Seen keepers get killed on free kicks doing that.   

Javier Hernandez was def off, but barely...enough to get the benefit of the doubt...The finish by Rooney made it worth allowing...was classy of Barca to not complain too much about it....

Both Barca and Man U had half way decent shouts for handball...Classy of both teams to be cool about those too...

Great game - very worthy of a final. 

As I said earlier... VDS looked very ordinary on those first two goals, even without him saying he cheated.  I even thought he might not have seen the shot coming... he reacted so late to it.

As for Hernandez... barely off?  Barely on yuh mean... as in barely onside and barely on the pitch.  To say that he was ineffective would be an understatement.  As for the offside, I thought that was Giggs, and he was offside by half a step, I doubt even Barca saw it so giving them credit for being classy is a bit generous in my book.  Same goes for the handball, Pedro made the same claim and had an identical reaction as did Giggs to the perceived infraction.  Both were ambitious shouts for a balls clearly played to hand with the players' hands ever so slightly way from body.  Have such calls been given... absolutely, and generously so.  Thought the ref had a marvelous game, even if Man U (and Valencia in particular) benefitted the most.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2011, 01:29:59 AM »
I have always heard the expression " de other side cya score if they cya get de ball" well today I saw that done correctly. Barca's style of football is pompous in nature, but down right effective. They play by themselves as if the opponent is just there to facilitate them having someone to run around before getting into the next training simulation. It dam near looked like a training session and as for Manu not bringing it?? I dont know of any Team who could have brought it more except for a Team like Stoke city who dont knock de ball at all. I'm being serious here not just waggon-ising. Any team who plays Bacra not only becomes stupefied by their inability to touch de ball but you also get sucked into their style and begin to trade your style for theirs. If Barca is the utmost grace then they have to play real scrappers to be taken out of their graceful bliss.  Anyhow PeP and Barca will go down in history as being the best by far of their peers when they reigned as champions. 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2011, 01:57:11 AM »

the manu team of 99 was far better and woulda give ah better account....

we rel lucky, never seen a luckier team

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2011, 02:48:11 AM »
Said it yesterday it would have taken an error free performance and some luck for United to win. They try hard but yuh see they was running out of energy and concentration as the game wore on the chances started to increase. I was hoping that they coulda get some corners and Vidic woulda butt something but say what. Once the spaces open up and Barca start to show their technique it was some thing else, VIlla technique on his shot was exquisite.

Can't blame Ferguson or any of the players. Rooney was immense but Carrick was excellent too as well as Rio and Vidic. The one change might have been to remove Park and Giggs early to get fresh legs on but it woilda only delay the inevitable.

United lose but they doing the right things. They just have to keep knocking on the door every year and take advantage when Barcelona have they slip-ups because that side not going nowhere soon.

I rate Barcelona 3 titles in six years much higher than Madrid's early dominance because the competition so much harder to win. Best side ever seen, full stop.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2011, 04:53:01 AM »

Absolutely  :beermug: That was the highlight of a great match last night.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2011, 06:06:42 AM »
Very well said, JDB...yours was one of the very few pre and post game posts that made sense.  From the disagreeable, Kicker saying it would be "naiive" to expect a blowout, to the silliness of comparing what manu did against Chelsea to rationlaise how they might could beat Barca...to the rediculouness of calling VdS "ordinary" on them goals, some of it is rel laughable.  Men always calling fuh some player or team to get dey "come uppance" and it cyah come yet.  the team (and some of their fans) that really needed any come uppances yesterday was the one that actually got it.  Again.  From the same team.   If VdS looked ordianry on any of the gaols, then he damned sure looked extraordinary on a few of the saves he made to keep the scoreline from being an official blowout, but for all intents and purposes, the game actually was a blowout.   It's OBVIOUS VdS was expecting Pedro to put that ball last post.  Too bad for him and manu that he didn't realise how out of position he was in giving him so much of his first post.  Just like I'm sure that VdS and every body watching was expecting Messi to chook dah ball to he left just one or two more times....yet, he HAS scored goals like that before where he just change it up and shoot.  When you playin' against a team like this with a man like Messi, they are so good and keep you so off balance that sometimes they strip you of everything but your instincts and, as in life, your insincts don't always lead you down a correct path.   Maybe men who played against a Mucorapo/Ian clauzel could relate...or a Mucorapo Junior Sec. with Ross russell, Bugga, Todd Willis, Sutton and of course, Clint Marcelle or a Sando Tech with Latas or (as I have heard) a Signal Hill with Dwight.  there is/was nothing you could do against teams like that and manu was no exception yesterday. 
   Victor Valdes, for as little as he had to do yesterday, showed great instincts each time he had to come charging off his line.  The first one, where he read that Mascherano was going to get beaten by that long ball upfield was nice.  manu's defence played relatively well, but Messi must be sex about 4 or 5 men but the one he ress on vidic in midfield was just nasty.  He leave vidic in a heap and the way he pull nani to de side and mash 'im up was....well, it was nasty, too.  :rotfl:
 Credit, though, to alex ferguson....as much as I hate he and he side, and as much gratification I get in seeing him and his side get humbled so, I give him a tremendous amount of credit for the rare occaision where he graciously accepts defeat and lauds the opposition.   Some might say he had no other choice, but credit to him all the same.
 Edwin Vand der Saar is a man that has not only been an asset and great credit to manu and all hte other teams he has played on, but to the game of football as well.   I have seen training videos of him going back to before he even had a starting posotion at Ajax and the man has always been a phenominal GK.  Whatever went down at Juventus was sureky an aberration and hats off and standing ovation to a stellar career.   
I could easily worry that, with fergie's determination and manu's resolve, they WILL do what it takes to become a team that can really play and dominate like Barca does...but that footage of fergie sitting on the sidelines with what seems to be early stages of MS can't bode too well for his long term plans.  Add to that, they have to start (like Chelsea) phasing out their older players....that might not always be a smooth transition.  Hard luck to the manu faithful but allyuh done know, the haters in we glee right now.  :D

Bless up!

*ah fuhget to mention what a ass valencia is.  He was damned lucky to still be on de pitch especially after coming back from an injury playing such good football...when yuh resort to them kinda tactics all yuh doing is conceding that yuh cyah win playin' football. Me eh know if fergie tell 'im play so, but is was rel foolish*

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:12:49 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2011, 07:28:46 AM »
stueps , why do i have people sending me private message on my facebook telling me "my side is shit" sigh
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:09:21 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2011, 07:46:41 AM »
valencia dodge plenty yellow cards before he finally got one.

i doh like fergie but i have to respect him for being successful over the years and getting this team to the final

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »
Very well said, JDB...yours was one of the very few pre and post game posts that made sense.  From the disagreeable, Kicker saying it would be "naiive" to expect a blowout, to the silliness of comparing what manu did against Chelsea to rationlaise how they might could beat Barca...to the rediculouness of calling VdS "ordinary" on them goals, some of it is rel laughable. 

To say that Barca is capable of blowing out Man U, (or even to predict it which is really a nice word for guess when it come to us forumites) and to expect that it would happen is two different things.  On mere odds alone, blowouts in a game like that (i.e. finals which are often kind of cagey) are very rare. Way lesser teams have played Barca this season and escape blowouts. How many times in the last 20 years has Man U been "blown out"?  It just doh happen that often.  By the run of play, the game was very one-sided - which I think woulda been a reasonable expectation given Barca's style of play- they pretty much always dominate the run of play...but a 3-1 scoreline is hardly what I would call a blowout. 

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 08:05:40 AM »
stueps , why to i have people sending me private message on my facebook telling me "my side is shit" sigh

barca waggonists nah?

is dem so does do dat kinda dotishness
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
.but a 3-1 scoreline is hardly what I would call a blowout. 

yeah I tend to agree with you there but it could've easily been 5 or more VDS and a missing extra "stush" of speed dat woulda allow toe tips to reach ball made d diff there I think
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2011, 08:08:32 AM »
stueps , why to i have people sending me private message on my facebook telling me "my side is shit" sigh

barca waggonists nah?

is dem so does do dat kinda dotishness

Yeh is them self
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>