March 28, 2024, 12:51:38 PM

Author Topic: Warriors June 1 friendly off  (Read 6280 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors June 1 friendly off
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »
This is one time i agree wid de TTFF ...we have to rush ah friendly ...de coach is 73 !

lets see ..T&T wants a friendly .....given our recent track record and the naming of a new coach it should not be too difficult ..after all we are on the up right ? we now have a german coach ...who probably is less german than at least one trini I know ...given his former assignments ... but is ah start ... we going Brazil ...once de USA team passing through POS ..with seats available !

I remember the pendulum story ...must have used it on this forum at least 5 years running ...still is on the button ....no matter how it swings it comes to rest in the same place everytime .... like de TTFF...not a new ship folks ..just the same rusty vessel with a new coat of paint ...wont take too long for the underclothes to be revealed ...

I may see a real football effort in my life time but I seriously doubt it ..not with these football enzymes running the show . IF I had my druthers I would push for William Munro for the next coaching job ...at least he could put on a good show ..
So its the same ole same ole ....from the most promising organisation in T&T ...promising and then more promises ...while another generation of young aspirants are hoping for a better future based on football ...... :'(
Yow dude..there is an international freakin calendar..The TTFF is a set of misfits as this day for friendlies was set over a year ago....so go ahead agree with them.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
Give me ah G...... give me ah U ............ etc,etc

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 05:32:33 AM »
"This after it was disclosed by T&T Football Federation technical director, Keith Look Loy the federation was finding it difficult to source a suitable opponent for the June 1, international Fifa date"

when was this made official ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »
It's for years now that LP's recommendations and efforts have run opposite to the direction taken by Look Loy, Corneal, Shabazz, and Groden. If there is an official change to the TD post  it only comes long after he was marginalized and undermined for years by that same group. But, that seems to be how folks like it. The deterioration of the national programs since '07 and recent confusion of the June friendly is clear sign that LP hasn't been a key player in the TTFF for years.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
I think we will get a friendly on June 1st, if not then pretty soon after. If that ends up being the case, I guarantee it will be the usual suspects: St Vincent, Grenada, Guyana or St Kitts. 

I understand  that it comes down to money in order to play the bigger competition. However, take for instance the JA football federation, they have had much more financial difficulties than TTFF, but for some reason JA continues to generate interest for friendlies. Especially friendlies from true football nations. 

As far as I am concerned the TTFF needs to work more on their marketing and communication strategies to gain more interest for good quality international friendlies. I think they do a poor job of promoting and increasing the visibility of T&T football to the rest of the football world. Perhaps they could start by broadcasting all upcoming friendlies on their website and archiving them. Not only the fans from abroad will get to see it, but also other football federations. This will give football federations an opportunity to always refer to something when they are looking for friendlies or deciding whether or not to play T&T.

If I was a foreign coach, I too would be reluctant on scheduling a friendly with T&T. Because, I would not know what kind of team will be coming out to play. If I had to choose between JA and T&T, I could easily find videos on JA last games and make a worthwhile decision. For T&T there is not much recent evidence to convince me  to choose T&T over JA.

Trust me its a marketing and communications problem that preventing the interest for good quality friendlies. International teams will continue to go elsewhere for friendlies unless this changes.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »
It's a credibility problem as well.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »
However, take for instance the JA football federation, they have had much more financial difficulties than TTFF, but for some reason JA continues to generate interest for friendlies. Especially friendlies from true football nations. 

JAmaica has higher brand recognition in global sports and cultural circles on a whole, not just football.  I believe Jamaica's qualification to France '98 got wider global media attention than any other CONCACAF nation (Save Mexico and USA)has had while qualifinging the past decade to 20 years. Put that together with the Rene Simoes story, the whole UB-40 saga and it should surprise no one that Jamaica, still today continues to feed off the lagacy of France'98...along with its 50 odd games 4 year unbeaten run in Kingston and massive jump up the FIFA charts around the same time. For those reasons, outside of the USA and Mexico, I believe Jamaica would probably be one of the most recognized football nations in CONCACAF in the past 10 years, although that is changing rapidly now. You dont get friendly games vs Brazil (twice), Argentina, England, Nigeria, Ghana, Bulgaria etc purely on the negotiations skills of your federation.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:57:24 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 05:00:26 PM »
These fellas need to be more proactive.  Dem dates been out there for an eternity.  If they clueless about how to schedule, then hire someone with such negotiating experience.  Looks like if Jack ain't broker a deal for a game, no one else can.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »
However, take for instance the JA football federation, they have had much more financial difficulties than TTFF, but for some reason JA continues to generate interest for friendlies. Especially friendlies from true football nations. 

JAmaica has higher brand recognition in global sports and cultural circles on a whole, not just football.  I believe Jamaica's qualification to France '98 got wider global media attention than any other CONCACAF nation (Save Mexico and USA)has had while qualifinging the past decade to 20 years. Put that together with the Rene Simoes story, the whole UB-40 saga and it should surprise no one that Jamaica, still today continues to feed off the lagacy of France'98...along with its 50 odd games 4 year unbeaten run in Kingston and massive jump up the FIFA charts around the same time. For those reasons, outside of the USA and Mexico, I believe Jamaica would probably be one of the most recognized football nations in CONCACAF in the past 10 years, although that is changing rapidly now. You dont get friendly games vs Brazil (twice), Argentina, England, Nigeria, Ghana, Bulgaria etc purely on the negotiations skills of your federation.

Yeah I agree.That is one big critique of Trinidad when it comes to promoting culture. We only like to promote Carnival. But when it comes to sports we so lax. The way our football and track and field is going, it looks as if T&T will only be good at Carnival. I Love Carnival, but I hope that does not end up being the case for T&T.

From what I understand Reggaefan, some of those nations even send invites to JA, as opposed to JA sending invites. Interesting.

And yeah its credibility too with T&T.

But on the real, TTFF needs to hire some marketing and public relations people.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
Blame it on a one-track mind fixated on oil.  If tourism was our bread and butter, we'd definitely take marketing much more seriously. 

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 05:38:25 AM »
Nothing ever changes in T&T football

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »
Does anyone know if the TTFF even reads some of the threads on here? It seems as if many of us here can easily identify the problems and provide solutions.

If the TTFF need help with marketing and PR contact me!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »

Doh waste your breadth.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 01:14:57 PM »

Doh waste your breadth.
:rotfl: Yeah I already did!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »
It's for years now that LP's recommendations and efforts have run opposite to the direction taken by Look Loy, Corneal, Shabazz, and Groden. If there is an official change to the TD post  it only comes long after he was marginalized and undermined for years by that same group. But, that seems to be how folks like it. The deterioration of the national programs since '07 and recent confusion of the June friendly is clear sign that LP hasn't been a key player in the TTFF for years.

MIA....Lincoln Phillip TD

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
What's new?!  ::)

Brazil 2014 here we come!!  :joker:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>