March 28, 2024, 09:17:16 AM

Author Topic: QPR going up.  (Read 2378 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
QPR going up.
« on: May 07, 2011, 05:16:32 AM »
Just heard on the 12 o clock news that QPR will not be deducted points and will be promoted to the EPL.I remember that when I first lived in England I lived opposite the stadium on Loftus Rd.I remember seeing Stan Bowles who was full of skills...like a brazillian.They(QPR) do have the 8th richest man in the world in their corner...,Lakshmi Mittal,must be good for QPR future.The list of rich owners in England are as follows;
LAKSHMI MITTAL £18.5 BILLION QPR
SHEIK MANSOUR  £17 BILLION MC
ROMAN ABRAMOVICH £7.8 BILLION CHELSEA
JOEL LEWIS £2.5 BILLION TOT.
STAN KROENKE £2.7 BILLION ARS
MIKE GLAZER  £1.5 BILLION MU
B.ECCLESTON  £1.4 BILLION ARS
ALISHER USMANOV £1.3 BILLION ARS
LORD GRANTCHESTER FAMILY 1.2BILLION Evt.
I hope their is a Trini that QPR may buy in the next season when they are in the EPL.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: QPR going up.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 05:25:22 AM »
Mittal, Ecclestone and Briatore have run the club as a business rather than a luxury item to date. Supposedly they haven't injected any money into the club since initially buying into it. Listening to Ecclestone's recent interviews, he seems completely uninterested in the club.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:28:40 AM »
we want Tarbaat ( spelling ?/)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:34:32 AM »
Happy for QPR, them and Nottingham were two big teams when I was growing up on FA football... and two teams I remembered for their distinctive names, with QPR's obvious local resonance.  Glad to see them coming back up... although some teams (West Ham and Wigan in particular) I'd rather not see relegated.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
Happy for QPR, them and Nottingham were two big teams when I was growing up on FA football... and two teams I remembered for their distinctive names, with QPR's obvious local resonance.  Glad to see them coming back up... although some teams (West Ham and Wigan in particular) I'd rather not see relegated.

I would like to see West Ham stay up as well. Wigan could go though, they have no fans anyway.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 11:29:46 AM »
we want Tarbaat ( spelling ?/)

adel taarabt. teams hunting him down. hope liverpool could get him, yet i doubt he'll leave QPR.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 11:36:56 AM »
I would like to see West Ham stay up as well. Wigan could go though, they have no fans anyway.

I'm a big Martinez fan... just a bright, young, dynamic manager... that he gave Scotty and Tallest a footing in the EPL doesn't hurt either.  Nice for Lawrence to continue getting that top-flight experience.  All that aside, I like the team itself... they flawed but they have a fight about them that I like... especially N'zogbia, on a better team and he mighta been a star.  Rodallega is ah greedy dog sometimes but ah actually like that kinda selfishness in his case... nobody else to pass off to so he might as well.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »

I'm a big Martinez fan... just a bright, young, dynamic manager... that he gave Scotty and Tallest a footing in the EPL doesn't hurt either.  Nice for Lawrence to continue getting that top-flight experience.  All that aside, I like the team itself... they flawed but they have a fight about them that I like... especially N'zogbia, on a better team and he mighta been a star.  Rodallega is ah greedy dog sometimes but ah actually like that kinda selfishness in his case... nobody else to pass off to so he might as well.

I agree that NZogbia and Rodallega are world class...I doubt either of them will be there next season.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 07:04:57 AM »
Redknapp must be rue the day he get rid of Taarabt....then again they say he is a trouble man.

Yuh know when yuh so good and like beat and everybody could use vicks.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »
Redknapp must be rue the day he get rid of Taarabt....then again they say he is a trouble man.

Yuh know when yuh so good and like beat and everybody could use vicks.

Which manager will want a player who just walk off the field during a game while play is live?  That fella is trouble. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »
Mittal, Ecclestone and Briatore have run the club as a business rather than a luxury item to date. Supposedly they haven't injected any money into the club since initially buying into it. Listening to Ecclestone's recent interviews, he seems completely uninterested in the club.
Isn't that what they supposed to do,they are business men and their job is to make money in a business venture.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Isn't that what they supposed to do,they are business men and their job is to make money in a business venture.

yeah, i agree. so i doubt dey looking to buy messi for next season, despite all de money dey have  :)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 06:19:43 AM »
QPR gone up but the real story for me is Norwich with back to back promotions. It used to happen a lot in the 80’s with teams running through all 4 divisions in 5-8 years but it real hard to do now.

IMO they have the best up and coming manager in the league in Lambert. In fact if I had a choice for a replacement for Ferguson it would be Lambert. Intelligent as a player, played in Germany unlike most Brittish players (think he did his badges there too), Scottish and most importantly young. Get him in give him some time and let him build something just like Busby and just like Ferguson.

I was touting Capello before and people used to talk about O’Neill and they still talking about Moyes but when yuh watch these senior managers whohave a set of ups and downs you wonder if they would bring a lot of baggage and fear into a big position because they now have bad experiences on their resume. Even Wenger today not looking as good as the Wenger of 10 years ago.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

Rodallega is too good for Wigan.   

N'Zogbia has a deadly left foot...at Newcastle he was kinda inconsistent though...haven't followed him at Wigan. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:03:56 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
I dont think that the QPR owners are that stupid to not invest in some top players coz there is plenty money to be made in the EPL,the thing is they can get some good enough players right here in the UK.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 10:42:34 AM »
I heard that many Chelski fans will become QRP fans...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
JDB... good stuff on Paul lambert.. I also rate him Highly
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>