April 27, 2024, 10:17:32 PM

Author Topic: Stoke won't ease up ahead of Wembley, warns Jones  (Read 8543 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stoke won't ease up ahead of Wembley, warns Jones
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 07:21:26 AM »
We have taken this "Kenwyne hates the sw.net" thing too far.  I have had quite a few encounters with Kenwyne and at no point in time was he disrespectful when he referred to this site. 

In fact, the "worst" thing Jones ever said to me was when i asked him "how does he feel knowing that people think that he doesnt give his all for his country" and his response was "i dont care what they think".

Quite frankly, i knew where he was coming from.  He meant that he prefers to focus on his own game and the coach's advice, rather than what the opinion of the masses was.

Carlos Edwards once said to me that he likes to read this site to get info on fellow pros abroad, but sometimes the amount of negativity that comes from this site is a real turn off. 

Just as how racist chants from a few dozen in a crowd can make a whole stadium get branded as racist, we have a few negative posters who give this site a bad name. 

ah love it!!

So because he never tell u anything bad about SW.net that means that he doh harbor any ill feelings towards this Site? Maybe if you were there in Nashville with the rest of us he would not have responded saying "I want nothing to do with all yuh"  ::)

I understand yuh trying to deflect (what u perceive as) negativity directed at Kenwyne, but your view in this whole matter is at best...myopic if you actually trying to convince people that de man was never disrespectful to de fans on this site.

Now in spite of all that went down I bear no hatred whatsoever towards de fella , but like Kicker said...for him to dis an entire community because of a few posters who might (for the most part) comment about his poor touch or subdued goalscoring prowess, that's not cool.

This is a public forum where people will have varied opinions about your game, and if you as a prominent sportsman can't take criticism then maybe yuh in de wrong business if all yuh expect is people to blow sunshine up yuh tail.

fireBrand I feel yuh and am inclined to agree with your logic as well as the sentiments express by Bakes and others. In retrospect, that being said.. The statement " I don't want to have nothing to do with allyuh" seems to be an expression of anger not disdain like bakes implied.(bakes ah not single-in yuh out here) It seems to be a statement coming from a place of hurt not haughty contempt. And if it is.. I dont know who, especially the young, who does get hurt and dont feel like hurting back. If you can see my logic. The statements that I have heard as being the mischievous comments dont sound like despise but rather "well if allyuh dont check for me, i dont check for allyuh either."
Ultimately we are on here talking about the criticism that  a sportsman should be able to take and in good stead I guess, but has anyone decided what he/they are allowed to give back? again let me refresh everyone's memory of when Stern cuss all ah wee in de Stadium after some level boo. (I didnt boo) but every body else did. lolol. Joke aside KJ seems to have dealt wit the situation differntly. he just doh want no part. stern on de other hand stand up fronto fronto and cuss back. People handle things different and from what we are seeing about KJ he seems to be the other guy as in un-stern-like.
Warren N. Boucaud

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 07:26:58 AM »
when he was at Sunderland he get more wood from dem dan we ever give him here...yey he never say dat shit to dem!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:34 AM »
when he was at Sunderland he get more wood from dem dan we ever give him here...yey he never say dat shit to dem!

Sunderland is not home. TnT is de man home breds. Trinbagonians is de man's people breds..Can you dig it?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 07:47:05 AM »
I'zz ah fan ah KJ, because of whey he come from,and whey he reach, not because of who he is. I show meh kids, how hard work, determination, and luck, as in KJs case, could get yuh places, not wheter KJ character is good or not. Showing them manners, teaching them respect, humility, and many other good character traits is also my job, not KJs, Rooney or Drogba. I tell dem, the way he plays, is just how I used to play.Them doh care if he is ah Jerk or Jesus disciple (cause even Jesus get string up by one). As far as any socalled star, I look at the work they do. I didn't put them whey they is, them doh owe me or my family nuthen....but we coud learn from some of them. I have no connection to ManC, but ah fella on Stoke, raise on some ah the same kinda food I eat, streching it, yes...but is still something..However, I doh see how I could expect that fella to be me (or my kids), and I cyah be he either. Come on KJ, try and score for Stoke..if yuh don't, yuh doing good still...GO KJ, Go Stoke   :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

giggsy11

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 07:53:41 AM »
Why should he be above critique from Trinbagonians? Also when you are a professional anything it comes with the territory. If you can embrace the positives then you have to be open to the negatives that comes with it. He still can't trap to save his life or pass off a nice ball 7 out of 10time, he still sometimes lolly gags on the field and he still doesn't make consistent runs to get in better goal scoring postions. I don't think people making things up or being unfair when it comes to what are obvious limitations in his game. Nice that he scoring goals but it still doesn't take away from the limitations in his game. Chicharito as good as he has been has some holes in his game and he gets critisized for them.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 08:06:05 AM »
To badly paraphrase three great ballers from St Anthony's College:

Carlos : 'not me an dat, allyuh does mash up man on dat site too much'

KJ : ' 'I doh want nuttn to do with allyuh'

Dutty : 'whatdemuddercontdoesreallywrongwitallyuhatall?'

I understand the delivery may wrankle a few noses,but they all mean the same thing.

Take a percocet, forgive and forget

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 08:12:12 AM »
Why should he be above critique from Trinbagonians? Also when you are a professional anything it comes with the territory. If you can embrace the positives then you have to be open to the negatives that comes with it. He still can't trap to save his life or pass off a nice ball 7 out of 10time, he still sometimes lolly gags on the field and he still doesn't make consistent runs to get in better goal scoring postions. I don't think people making things up or being unfair when it comes to what are obvious limitations in his game. Nice that he scoring goals but it still doesn't take away from the limitations in his game. Chicharito as good as he has been has some holes in his game and he gets critisized for them.

Case in point. When is de last time you have seen KJ play? Because all of your classifications of KJ over the last 2 months of play are all in correck. KJ can now trap to save his life. As a matter of fact de man trappin wind right now. KJ is now making 7 out of 10 passes good versus the other way around and even has been playing the ball on the floor (thanks to the coach I believe)and KJ still lolly gags on de field. Yuh see? So there!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »
I find he could always trap & pass, I know fellas who could trap and pass like no tomorrow, and still wouldn't make my O45 team, and is not because they not good, is because, we have men who could trap & pass and maybe could run too. He wasalways capable of trapping & passing as  much as any other average or below average, if yuh prefer, premier league player, yet to compare him with the best premier leagues players, don't make him not capable of such skills. IMO, Getting into goal scoring positions for me was the weakest part of his game. This could have been due to lack of experience, and role of assisting the defence (at Sunderland especially) on set plays..especially, an individual, who was just learning and required coaching i.e. starting off, at this level.. I don't see how anybody could develop high caliber experience in a position, when they consistenly asked to play to many other roles. Yet, they do get some experience and gradually understand what is required of them even more. How could a man who can't trap & pass get to play in the premier league is beyond me...maybe nobody else in the league could score headers ?  shim, if ah did only know ...  :devil:

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »

Sunderland is not home. TnT is de man home breds. Trinbagonians is de man's people breds..Can you dig it?

All de T&T footballers does complain about this site...buh dey could kiss my ass..when dey playing anywhere is people here who does support de most..IN ALL SITUATIONS!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
KJ I want to see  Stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina,stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina. KJ if yuh feeling hot drink some fever grass and deal with Man City. Stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina. Ah luv this site too bad. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: KJ boy is just something about you. Yuh does just look lazy on de field. Anyways what i say doh matter once yuh score yuh good to go  :devil:  We want to see Stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina.  :rotfl: :rotfl: Tevez is ah stamina man, Roney is ah stamina man, Chicharito is ah stamina man, Messi is ah stamina man, KJ is Raster man  :rotfl: :rotfl:
you talking too an internet breeze ,jones dont read the site ,so sending messages for or against him is just a futile venture .
Somebody say Jones said he dont care what the fans think about his National performances haha nice .But he cares about Stoke fans .

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »
KJ I want to see  Stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina,stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina. KJ if yuh feeling hot drink some fever grass and deal with Man City. Stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina. Ah luv this site too bad. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: KJ boy is just something about you. Yuh does just look lazy on de field. Anyways what i say doh matter once yuh score yuh good to go  :devil:  We want to see Stamina, stamina, stamina, stamina.  :rotfl: :rotfl: Tevez is ah stamina man, Roney is ah stamina man, Chicharito is ah stamina man, Messi is ah stamina man, KJ is Raster man  :rotfl: :rotfl:
you talking too an internet breeze ,jones dont read the site ,so sending messages for or against him is just a futile venture .
Somebody say Jones said he dont care what the fans think about his National performances haha nice .But he cares about Stoke fans .

Exactly when dem and Sunderland fans wooding he ass. is not ah peep...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 09:28:54 AM »
 ???
what fans might think of our players National performances, and what they think of their national performances, is 2 completely different barrels of crab. He never say (or common sense will tell yuh meant) he don't care about his National performances, otherwise the so & so, wouldn't have hurt he foot trying to beat David James to the ball, or sit on bench for anybody, just for a free trip and many broken promises...yuh think them fellas can't afford to pay they and their family some tickets? Ah probably misunderstand...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 09:30:18 AM »

Exactly when dem and Sunderland fans wooding he ass. is not ah peep...
Eint that the truth, thats why they sold his ass .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 09:32:31 AM »
???
what fans might think of our players National performances, and what they think of their national performances, is 2 completely different barrels of crab. He never say (or common sense will tell yuh meant) he don't care about his National performances, otherwise the so & so, wouldn't have hurt he foot trying to beat David James to the ball, or sit on bench for anybody, just for a free trip and many broken promises...yuh think them fellas can't afford to pay they and their family some tickets? Ah probably misunderstand...
yeah you did ,am sure he cares about the team ,I care to that doh mean they should pick me .Cause I will cant score shit ......just like Jones .
Look I dont mine him not caring about the site and its fans ,but a the backlash might be us returning the favor and not caring about his career.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:38:01 AM by Quags »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
???
yeah you did ,am sure he cares about the team ,I care to that doh mean they should pick me .Cause I will cant score shit ......just like Jones .
Look I dont mine him not caring about the site and its fans ,but a the backlash might be us returning the favor and not caring about his career.

So If Rooney, Fergie, Wenger, Fabregas or anybody else we does support and care bout, did know bout this site, they woulda care bout we..that's why we care bout them career ? ah doh feel so, nah

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
???

So If Rooney, Fergie, Wenger, Fabregas or anybody else we does support and care bout, did know bout this site, they woulda care bout we..that's why we care bout them career ? ah doh feel so, nah
Exactly you free to support and were free to not .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 10:24:25 AM »
Dem yardies will neva not consider supportin dey own no matter what he say or do. Dat is what seperates us from dem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
We have taken this "Kenwyne hates the sw.net" thing too far. 

quite possible
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
We have taken this "Kenwyne hates the sw.net" thing too far. 

quite possible

What's new we does take plaenty ting 2far.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
tell jones to start scoring goals for the national team when we play an intl and then we will shut up

otherwise take the blade that he getting and shut up

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 12:01:15 PM »
Not sure exactly what Kenwyne said or how he said it, but part of being a professsional player is being being professional in other areas of your life. Football is entertainment/business and the perception of you and the goodwill that you build in any circle of fans helps you. Maybe we should remind Kenwyne of the reason Beckham makes the money he does still. Do your thing in your way boss, but be mindful as a businessman/athlete, that the more allies you have in your corner, and the less enemies crying you down, will always enhance your options, opportunities, and profitability. Don't let people disrespect yuh, but unlike jack warner who tell de man bout he mudder, make sure you are PROFESSIONAL in yuh response and behavior. Yuh wallet full, smile it off and be courteous, yuh above de pettiness
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 12:40:07 PM »
Congrats on this achievement KJ, continue to fly the flag!

http://youtu.be/dYoB0x-GJsQ
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
???

Exactly you free to support and were free to not .
true dat, yet everybody hot and bothered because he say he doh care bout the 'we' who not supportin

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
tell jones to start scoring goals for the national team when we play an intl and then we will shut up

Really Stern is we leadin scorer and man real hate on him. So me eh feel that go stop d hate.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »

Really Stern is we leadin scorer and man real hate on him. So me eh feel that go stop d hate.
I was gonna say it, but I eh bother.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
We have taken this "Kenwyne hates the sw.net" thing too far.  I have had quite a few encounters with Kenwyne and at no point in time was he disrespectful when he referred to this site. 

In fact, the "worst" thing Jones ever said to me was when i asked him "how does he feel knowing that people think that he doesnt give his all for his country" and his response was "i dont care what they think".

Quite frankly, i knew where he was coming from.  He meant that he prefers to focus on his own game and the coach's advice, rather than what the opinion of the masses was.

Carlos Edwards once said to me that he likes to read this site to get info on fellow pros abroad, but sometimes the amount of negativity that comes from this site is a real turn off. 

Just as how racist chants from a few dozen in a crowd can make a whole stadium get branded as racist, we have a few negative posters who give this site a bad name. 

ah love it!!

So because he never tell u anything bad about SW.net that means that he doh harbor any ill feelings towards this Site? Maybe if you were there in Nashville with the rest of us he would not have responded saying "I want nothing to do with all yuh"  ::)

I understand yuh trying to deflect (what u perceive as) negativity directed at Kenwyne, but your view in this whole matter is at best...myopic if you actually trying to convince people that de man was never disrespectful to de fans on this site.

Now in spite of all that went down I bear no hatred whatsoever towards de fella , but like Kicker said...for him to dis an entire community because of a few posters who might (for the most part) comment about his poor touch or subdued goalscoring prowess, that's not cool.

This is a public forum where people will have varied opinions about your game, and if you as a prominent sportsman can't take criticism then maybe yuh in de wrong business if all yuh expect is people to blow sunshine up yuh tail.

Allyuh rell unfair hoss.  Is Kenwayne suppose to know who motives sincere or not?  How he will know who coming to him genuine from who does be constantly talkin assishness about him and simply lookin fuh him to say sumting dey could use?  Is nuh like he know any ah we personally so de best approach is to actually stay away from all.  Dis way he doh ha to be careful of what he say and how it geh spin.  He eh ha to worry bout no kakahole talk about he so called "starboy attitude"  and he doh ha to submit heself to the potential of somebody saying some assness to him that truly have no real platform to understand what he goes through. 

I want to know who here has been injured and had their livlihood potentially threatened in service of sweet T&T and despite not having been paid what was promised still willing to return and serve.  (To all affected)  If yuh motives is not to constantly berate and chastise KJ then what does his current form have to do with Nashville?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »

More f**kin schupid logic again!!! 

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2011, 01:38:12 PM »
it woul dbe nice to see another trini be on the winners podium of an fa cup besides yorke

felts sorry for shaka when west ham faced pool

gerrard launch a jep nest seeking missile in that game and in the world cup, sometimes some players haunt a keeper

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »

stern probably throw away more goals than he score  :devil:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2011, 01:41:13 PM »
probably?

i see him do that in one game

1]; } ?>