March 29, 2024, 06:45:46 AM

Author Topic: Shaka: T&T not ready for Brazil.  (Read 5065 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shaka: T&T not ready for Brazil.
« on: May 11, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »
Shaka: T&T not ready for Brazil.
By Kern De Freitas (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago are not ready for World Cup Brazil 2014.

That is the view of 2006 World Cup goalkeeping hero Shaka Hislop, who now works with ESPN as a football analyst.

"I'm a fan of Trinidad and Tobago football, and I have the blind optimism of a fan, but the realist in me says that I don't think the team is well enough prepared," Hislop told the Express yesterday during an interview at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Wrightson Road, Port of Spain.

Hislop explained that since the retirement of midfielders Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy—T&T's last national coach—Trinidad and Tobago do not have the players to adequately replace them.

He also has a problem with T&T's "short-term approach" to qualification.

"It's always the same song and dance every four years," Hislop said. "It's (always) about the next World Cup, and right as the qualifiers are about to start there's a lot of money thrown at it, there's a lot of hype, there's a lot of excitement generated. We've qualified once, but clearly more times than not we've fallen just short, at times fallen way short.

"Then we look for somebody to blame, somebody to point the finger at, and then we do the same thing over again in four years' time."

Hislop, one-time top-class goalkeeper in the English Premier League, has put a big part of the responsibility for the team's performances on the shoulders of the T&T Football Federation, saying that administration has failed the team more times than not.

"Administratively," he related, "I feel we haven't been good enough over a number of years, including 2006, where I think we just had enough talent to get us by. A lot about the game, how it's played, how it's run, how the players are handled, come from the administration and I don't think we do a good enough job of that."

The former West Ham custodian feels that at the administrative level, a "steady rotation of faces" is needed for local football to grow, but lamented the fact that the same faces continue to make the "same decisions and the same mistakes".

"More disappointing, there doesn't seem to be opportunity for more faces and more ideas. As a result, we simply won't move forward," he added.

Symptomatic of these shortcomings, Hislop said, was T&T's Digicel Caribbean Cup loss to Grenada last November, which put them out of the tournament at the group stage and out of contention for the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

"How we lose to Grenada at any level of football is beyond me," an animated Hislop stated. "It should not happen. It is inexcusable.

And as much as I defend (then coach) Russell Latapy, and he's a very dear friend of mine, and I continue to believe he has a long-term future in Trinidad and Tobago football…there is absolutely no reason why we should be losing to Grenada at any level of football. There's absolutely no excuse for it."

Hislop, along with former West Indies captain Sir Vivian Richards, was in Trinidad yesterday and Monday as Johnnie Walker's newest ambassador for their latest campaign, dubbed: "Be a Giant: Don't drink and drive".
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka: T&T not ready for Brazil.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 05:55:09 AM »
Hahahahahaha

We Going Brazil!!!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:06:44 AM »
Why Shaka dont approach or submit he bid to replace Warner instead of always barking.

He saying we need new faces, then why not Shaka, time to step in.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
Why Shaka dont approach or submit he bid to replace Warner instead of always barking.

look what you asking.... you want the man to break down a stone wall with a plastic fork

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:10 AM »

Maybe because he's not interested in a role in football administration. 

I don't think he's "barking".  He was asked his opinion and he gave it. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:07:46 AM »
You feel Shaka have time to study dem? After what TTFF do the 2006 team? Let the man do his Presspass and done yes. People saying the same thing donkey years and nothing being done, the same fellas running TTFF and nothing changes. The man right, 2006 was a fluke.

Victoria concordia crescit

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:39:26 AM »

We would all love if the TTFF was replaced with several shaka like individuals

but first things first yuh need to remove the cancer within then put those who can handle it

but guess what

the environment that new TTFF has to survive in will not have changed

it starts with the ttff the govt min sport schools and clubs all being on the same page for football development

and end the days of jack asking for money filtered through him to build effin schools (which we need but not through him that way)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59:32 AM »
is the TTFF a democratic institution? ?????? No right????
 then how the hell allyuh expect honest people to take charge?

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »
Honest people cyah even take charge of democratic institutions.

is the TTFF a democratic institution? ?????? No right????
 then how the hell allyuh expect honest people to take charge?
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:09:27 AM »

we going brazil 2014, shaka didnt get the memo from jw  :D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 11:40:54 AM »
Well we weren't ready for the Caribbean Cup....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »

Well said Sam,Shaka has nothing positive to say about T&T Football,check his articles.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »
At least Shaka has the ability to separate football from football administration

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »
Shaka getting orn like he doh know what we like,he is more Trini than me so he must know how we operate.We got into WC 2006 in a much worse situation,at least we have a world class coach with more than 3 years to go so what's his bloody gripe,I dont think he should bring any negativity in our 2014 attempt.If I can organise a cultural transplant for 1.3 million TT people with 1.3 million Germans then things may change.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »
Deep down what Shaka is saying and has been saying since the 2006 debacle is that unless we have an administration who is willing to pay up on their bills - namely de 2006 WC players then they are doomed for life.
Even Shaka should know that Harp-hazard is a trini word and just like de NY Knicks (of old) we like to do it hard and late. Heartache for all involved. Trinis does throw more dice than quantum mechanics has varied possibilities.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 03:03:24 PM »
we go reach brazil if we sen ah kanaval band
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 03:04:29 PM »

Well said Sam,Shaka has nothing positive to say about T&T Football,check his articles.

Some ah we doh like to hear the truth.... Coop's tell me something positive post 2006 about T&T football.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »
The man never said we "won't" qualify for Brasil...but at this present state...we are not ready! Things could change and we have enough time to get ready...the question is...can we be ready in time?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
The man never said we "won't" qualify for Brasil...but at this present state...we are not ready! Things could change and we have enough time to get ready...the question is...can we be ready in time?

Big Up!

:beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 03:26:31 PM »
In his opinion, it appears that the TT team not ready. I tend to agree with that. He ain't saying they would not qualilfy. He went thru the vay-kee-vay manner in which they qualify in 2006. He experienced  the crap.

I still reserving judgement on this program. We don't know what direction this team going. All we know we going Brazil. That is a nice slogan. We postponed the first friendly. Look the season almost over in Europe. There are lots of clubs who can come to TT and give our national team a run for they money. Currently anyone of the EPL team can spank any team Otto put on the field now. We don't have to have national teams to play. We can play club teams and get as much out of it as palying a national team. The only problem is if that game against a club team will count as a full international for the local players.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 03:59:27 PM »

Some ah we doh like to hear the truth.... Coop's tell me something positive post 2006 about T&T football.
        Is not a matter of we doh like to hear the truth,we know the truth,the same people who controled Football before 2006 is the same people who controlling Football right now,where was Shaka,Sancho and Jack etc why didn't they bring up all these flaws in the Federation and the preparation of our national teams and players,these guys are a bunch of jokers,we fought for Football in T&T more than they will ever do,hero's my ass,when they get their money you will see how much care they care about T&T Football.
       The thing is we can't give up or stand by and criticize everything the Federation does,no one wants to step forward as a replacement for the so called shithounds that running our Football because they afraid/scared of the same shyt they going to do,if you look at FIFA is the same shyt going on,once these guys get in power it's just to seek their personal interest,alyu talking about Shaka,Shaka eh really care about T&T Football,other than the 06 WC all he did was play College Football in T&T,never represented at youth or any level of Football in T&T,he could say anything he wants he secured in life is those that following are the ones i'm concerned about.     

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
Whhhhhhaaaaaattttttt!!!!   Shaka yuh eh get the memo or wha??

WE GOING BRAZIL!!!!!

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party: :flamethrower:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »
What does Shaka know bout football?!

That traitor is just like his father, the boss said that so we not getting tie-up with this nonsense!  ;)

And btw, the TTFF is now on the right track!!

Brazil 2014 here we come!!  :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:08:56 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »
When Shaka got blank to play for England he finally accepted to play for T&T.

So if the TTFF was so bad in de first place why all of a sudden he mind change ?

All these men was part of it, now he retire, have a good job and does not need anyone and he barking without a bite.

Shaka out of all them players you might be de only man who could do something about the TTFF, why not take a chance and show me you really care about T&T football ?

Why not approach FIFA and let them know you willing to replace Jack and take his position ? and even if you get blank, atleast ah know yuh try.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
Why not approach FIFA and let them know you willing to replace Jack and take his position ? and even if you get blank, atleast ah know yuh try.
:rotfl:

Come on Sam!! Yuh really think that Shaka that dumb?! Jack runs FIFA!!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
FIFA have to take action, Jack might still win, but atleast Shaka tried.

Yuh cant only come and talk, you have to have some solutions.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
He is DAMN right! We NOT ready for Brazil! We cannot, I repeat, we cannot beat the USA, Mex, Costa and Honduras. Those teams played in SA and since then they all played against TOP opposition at the international breaks. Who de a__ TnT played? We can't even beat Grenada and Shaka is right...........WE AT NO COURSE SHOULD BE LOSING TO GRENADA! NO WAY AT ALL. We are expected to compete with the top teams in Concacaf and we cannot beat Grenada? We are expected to beat the USA, who has played Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Paraguay,etc, and competed very well against those teams. How the judgement are we suppose to play and match those teams? HOW????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We not ready! TnT football is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »

Yuh joking right?!  :joker:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »

Yuh joking right?!  :joker:

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 06:32:30 AM »
He is DAMN right! We NOT ready for Brazil! We cannot, I repeat, we cannot beat the USA, Mex, Costa and Honduras. Those teams played in SA and since then they all played against TOP opposition at the international breaks. Who de a__ TnT played? We can't even beat Grenada and Shaka is right...........WE AT NO COURSE SHOULD BE LOSING TO GRENADA! NO WAY AT ALL. We are expected to compete with the top teams in Concacaf and we cannot beat Grenada? We are expected to beat the USA, who has played Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Paraguay,etc, and competed very well against those teams. How the judgement are we suppose to play and match those teams? HOW????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We was ever ready for Germany?what preperation we had?who are the big teams we played to ensure we would qualify?is not the first time we lost to Grenada and it will not be the last.T&T was always a team not guaranteed to beat anybody that's why we does celedrate every win we get.

1]; } ?>