April 28, 2024, 11:43:37 AM

Author Topic: Shaka: T&T not ready for Brazil.  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka: T&T not ready for Brazil.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
 We was ever ready for Germany?what preperation we had?who are the big teams we played to ensure we would qualify?is not the first time we lost to Grenada and it will not be the last.T&T was always a team not guaranteed to beat anybody that's why we does celedrate every win we get.

Excllent question coops.... we couldn't even score a goal in de WC...

Nobody expecting us to qualify for Brazil Shaka, we know that.... we never ready... tell we something new.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
FIFA have to take action, Jack might still win, but atleast Shaka tried.

Yuh cant only come and talk, you have to have some solutions.

What action FIFA, of which JW is a major part, supposed to take? 

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:12 AM »
Shaka father been trying for donkey years to get a lil structure to de local football legally. He may come across as arrogant to some, but he has always been a voice against the bullshit from way back when Suite and dem try dey thing. De England thing with Shaka was also a question of foreign player status in de premiership at a time when he was trying to establish himself. Shaka played for some of our youth teams Coop's. He was always competing with Russ Russell and ah think Clark from south. Not saying Shaka will give his life for Trini, but I'm pretty sure that he cares. Jack and dem so firmly entrenched, what can anyone do to change things right now. People all over de world trying and can't get rid of Jack. If Shaka, as a former player/current soccer analyst gives his opinion about the state of affairs, does it mean that he has to be willing to make this his full time gig to replace Jack and run things? C'mon people, with de dotish talk. Coop's, yuh feel any possible money Shaka get from this is life changing money for him? Allyuh really like stupid people who can't speak and don't know shit what dey talking about yes. What could be de reason for negatively attacking de man from this article?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »
Shaka father been trying for donkey years to get a lil structure to de local football legally. He may come across as arrogant to some, but he has always been a voice against the bullshit from way back when Suite and dem try dey thing. De England thing with Shaka was also a question of foreign player status in de premiership at a time when he was trying to establish himself. Shaka played for some of our youth teams Coop's. He was always competing with Russ Russell and ah think Clark from south. Not saying Shaka will give his life for Trini, but I'm pretty sure that he cares. Jack and dem so firmly entrenched, what can anyone do to change things right now. People all over de world trying and can't get rid of Jack. If Shaka, as a former player/current soccer analyst gives his opinion about the state of affairs, does it mean that he has to be willing to make this his full time gig to replace Jack and run things? C'mon people, with de dotish talk. Coop's, yuh feel any possible money Shaka get from this is life changing money for him? Allyuh really like stupid people who can't speak and don't know shit what dey talking about yes. What could be de reason for negatively attacking de man from this article?

Shaka father only care about one thing, getting Jack which is cool by me...

But what has he done for T&T football ?

As for Shaka you saying that - foreign player status in de premiership at a time when he was trying to establish himself... a bowl of shit you talking they.....

So I guess playing for England justify this.... ?

Yea right.... he was on the England team but didn't get off the bench....

If England had call him up again, is gone he gone, he came back to play for T&T in he 30's when he realise England didn't want him again.

Shaka was not a foreign player in the premiership, Shaka was born in England..

That grass yuh smoking clouding yuh brain....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:17:37 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »
Sam, I not in no personal argument with you and ah doh deal with de grass smoking, gimme my drinks. Seriously, yuh mistaken. Check de premiership rules back in dem times. Had real complications with citizenship, nationality and thing which coulda been trouble for someone trying to maintain a spot on a top team. It was possible that he could have run into problems by becoming an international player for Trinidad even though he was born in England. I not even trying to say he should have or would have chosen to play for Trinidad before England, but I understand why any professional accustomed to things being done a certain way would be wary of our football program. Anyway, it have a lot of internet analysts who always know what everybody else made of, why yuh doh leave Brooklyn yuhself and go home and do more than what Shaka and LP doing? We, who prefer to make de foreign dollar and live in somebody else country instead of we own, does want to cry down man like Shaka for weighing dey options. Why we so?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »
        I'm not here to argue,i'm not talking about what i hear or read,i was personally involved as one of the Coaches with all those Youth teams at that times,call any GK you want Ross,Clark etc etc i can tell you Shaka was never called or was involved,he was not in the country.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »
Sam, I not in no personal argument with you and ah doh deal with de grass smoking, gimme my drinks. Seriously, yuh mistaken. Check de premiership rules back in dem times. Had real complications with citizenship, nationality and thing which coulda been trouble for someone trying to maintain a spot on a top team. It was possible that he could have run into problems by becoming an international player for Trinidad even though he was born in England. I not even trying to say he should have or would have chosen to play for Trinidad before England, but I understand why any professional accustomed to things being done a certain way would be wary of our football program. Anyway, it have a lot of internet analysts who always know what everybody else made of, why yuh doh leave Brooklyn yuhself and go home and do more than what Shaka and LP doing? We, who prefer to make de foreign dollar and live in somebody else country instead of we own, does want to cry down man like Shaka for weighing dey options. Why we so?

I am not sure about this bro ?

Shaka was born in the UK and have a UK birth paper, it shouldn't matter what country he choose, it could never work against him, NEVER.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 08:27:11 PM »
Coops

D Under 19 team from 1985 Shaka was d back up keeper for that team. Scabby aka Sheldon Bennette had star on d under 17 and was called 2 dat team. Latas was d captin. He was at CIC dem days.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »
Coops

D Under 19 team from 1985 Shaka was d back up keeper for that team. Scabby aka Sheldon Bennette had star on d under 17 and was called 2 dat team. Latas was d captin. He was at CIC dem days.

I stand to be corrected,what you are saying here sounds funny to me because i worked with Latas,Marcelle etc etc on that famous U16 team and Sheldon was before these guys,ah mean it could be the reason he was not called to that team,i worked with Shaka when i coached St Mary's but don't think i heard much of him after St Mary's except for Howard.   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »
Shaka confirmed. Remember he played intercol up 2 87 4 CIC when u coached us 2 d intercol final and we beat CIC 2-1 in Big 7. Kona scored 4 dem I blieve 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 03:30:31 AM »
...however long ago it was, I asked one of the moderators why he wouldn't, in an interview with Shaka (which can't be too hard to get) come out and ask the man WHY it is he "wanted" to play for england instead of T&T instead of perpetuating all the myths and rumours that does be flyin' around about him wanting to play for england and what not....I would think, that with him and his father taking this fight to jack and the ttff the way they are and with this sentiment out here that all of Shaka's involvement has only been self-serving that this forum woutld be the ideal place to either get him to come clean and earn some credibility or be proven to be the hypocrite that he is, in his critics' eyes, at least.  It is a sad thing to see grown men offer the kinda chupid talk that men like Coop's and Sam puttin' out there (as others have before) without knowing the facts.  Why allyuh doh arkske flex and tallman and dem to call de man fuh ah interview?....why allyuh doh even put up the questions yuh would want him to answer?  If I am not mistaken, Shaka has been involved in T&T football goin' back to that Bomb Squad we had in '83 that lost to fundamentally and clinically taken PK's at the hands of the usa (some ah allyuh favourite team).  the only insane reason Anthony Clark was the starting GK for that team was because he was Issa Mohammed boy.  Plain talk, bad manners.  Clark was, IMHO, no way, shape or form a better 'keeper even back THEN, than Shaka or Ross.  follow de trail from dey and allyuh go see that Shaka and Jack/ttff been bumpin' heads since he was goin' Howard. Maybe somewhere along the way, y'all might find out why he ended up accepting a callup for england. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 05:56:04 AM »
...however long ago it was, I asked one of the moderators why he wouldn't, in an interview with Shaka (which can't be too hard to get) come out and ask the man WHY it is he "wanted" to play for england instead of T&T instead of perpetuating all the myths and rumours that does be flyin' around about him wanting to play for england and what not....I would think, that with him and his father taking this fight to jack and the ttff the way they are and with this sentiment out here that all of Shaka's involvement has only been self-serving that this forum woutld be the ideal place to either get him to come clean and earn some credibility or be proven to be the hypocrite that he is, in his critics' eyes, at least.  It is a sad thing to see grown men offer the kinda chupid talk that men like Coop's and Sam puttin' out there (as others have before) without knowing the facts.  Why allyuh doh arkske flex and tallman and dem to call de man fuh ah interview?....why allyuh doh even put up the questions yuh would want him to answer?  If I am not mistaken, Shaka has been involved in T&T football goin' back to that Bomb Squad we had in '83 that lost to fundamentally and clinically taken PK's at the hands of the usa (some ah allyuh favourite team).  the only insane reason Anthony Clark was the starting GK for that team was because he was Issa Mohammed boy.  Plain talk, bad manners.  Clark was, IMHO, no way, shape or form a better 'keeper even back THEN, than Shaka or Ross.  follow de trail from dey and allyuh go see that Shaka and Jack/ttff been bumpin' heads since he was goin' Howard. Maybe somewhere along the way, y'all might find out why he ended up accepting a callup for england. 
Chow u hadda understand that here in sweet T&T we just like to fight down we own people dred. WHO CARES WHEN HE DECIDE TO COME BACK "HOME". THE FACT IS HE DID!!! Ent Birchall have no chance to make England National, yet men always going on about how hard he does play for we. Steups....some men who born and grow right here don't give have as much heart and effort as these perceived "self serving outsiders" so I say if they wanna play for the flag let them and if they have opinions about the state of our game the damn well within their rights to express it.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 06:58:21 AM »
Seriously, what is all of this about? Whether the man wanted to play for England or not, he played for TnT and he gave his best. He was always professional in his approach. He did a lot of work in the UK to kick out bad elements out of the sport and the man flew TnT's flag. And why get down on the man for stating an opinion? We're not ready for Brazil, plain and simple! But bear in mind, many said the same thing for Germany...so this bunch of players must be given the same opportunity as others.

Also, we have to bear in mind, taking on Jack as many of you saying he should, is no easy feat, nigh on impossible. The TTFF is an amatuer organisation, its voluntary....i.e. no salary. How many of you with families can devote your time to such an organisation? Anyways, for a man that served TnT, I don't expect this sort of derision. Jeez!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »

That squad from 83 is what make me like football. I cry meh 1st tears dat nite when we lost on PK's. Did not remember Shaka but if he was on d bench not surprise, Latas/Marcelle 4 sure

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
Shaka confirmed. Remember he played intercol up 2 87 4 CIC when u coached us 2 d intercol final and we beat CIC 2-1 in Big 7. Kona scored 4 dem I blieve 
Shaka last played for CIC in 86. They won NZ league and Intercol. They lost to Pres in the intercol semis. Pres went on to lose to El Do in the final. After that year he went to Howard.
Kona last played in 87. His last game was against Fatima in Big 7 where he scored a beaver trick
well yes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »
Shaka last played for CIC in 86. They won NZ league and Intercol. They lost to Pres in the intercol semis. Pres went on to lose to El Do in the final. After that year he went to Howard.
Kona last played in 87. His last game was against Fatima in Big 7 where he scored a beaver trick

K it was 85 that Sando Tech win everything so 86 was probably his last yr. That is nuff yrs boi. Time does real fly I remember dem games like it was yday.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »

That squad from 83 is what make me like football. I cry meh 1st tears dat nite when we lost on PK's. Did not remember Shaka but if he was on d bench not surprise, Latas/Marcelle 4 sure

Weary, to be honest with you, I and all doh remember Shaka being on the squad. Back then, I thought he was the 3rd stringer and over the years I've heard in passing conversations about the squad that he was either that or dropped from the squad, but amazingly, it has never been something I've confirmed. I heard whatever I did from other men that was on the team. My only issue (as far as the GK's were concerned) was that even if Shaka couldn't make the cut, there's no way at all that Anthony Clark was a better 'keeper individually or as an anchor to that defence, than Ross Russell was. No way! As far as the politics of the game is concerned, for men like Coop's (who always talks about HIS fight against jack) to suggest that Shaka the player, has anything to do with what he (and his father) is doing now in any attempt to do SOMETHING for TnT football and how it affects his opinion is just plain stupidity.  Coop's is supposed to be a man with inside knowledge on how things are done and the actual history of Jack's actions. Maybe he should do some research before he talk so much shit.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>