April 25, 2024, 12:45:30 AM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips released ?  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Lincoln Phillips released ?
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:27:01 AM »
I just spoke with Keith Look Loy this morning and he said in a laughing manner that Lincoln Phillips is not the TD anymore and Anton confirmed it.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips released ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:35:40 AM »
I just spoke with Keith Look Loy this morning and he said in a laughing manner that Lincoln Phillips is not the TD anymore and Anton confirmed it.
Lincoln Phillips hasn't been a TD for some time now  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
Lincoln Phillips hasn't been a TD for some time now  :devil:

EXACTLY but 4give me 4 not caring or crying.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »
ah eh hear about dis dude since Sam's interview.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
We does be crying down Latapy hands down round here, Dis fella is even worse than Latapy at what he does. Or I never understood the position. now I know plenty going and jump out de box and talk bout how LP hands was tied. to that I'd say Latas as well. If Latas is guilty of going into battle with a team that was technically inferior  then the TD- The Technical Director shoulda spot this first and do things to rectify the situation. Chances are he became a yes man just as Latas did and took de bait bout how we could do it with an all local team. Ah not here tryin to say Latas was not a backside for believing de hype but I am here to say dat LP is a bigger back-side for rubber stamping de hype. I think Look Loy would make a great TD in the mold of LP. ;) ;) but then so would my granny who loss she tongue in a hunting accident.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
We does be crying down Latapy hands down round here, Dis fella is even worse than Latapy at what he does. Or I never understood the position. now I know plenty going and jump out de box and talk bout how LP hands was tied. to that I'd say Latas as well. If Latas is guilty of going into battle with a team that was technically inferior  then the TD- The Technical Director shoulda spot this first and do things to rectify the situation. Chances are he became a yes man just as Latas did and took de bait bout how we could do it with an all local team. Ah not here tryin to say Latas was not a backside for believing de hype but I am here to say dat LP is a bigger back-side for rubber stamping de hype. I think Look Loy would make a great TD in the mold of LP. ;) ;) but then so would my granny who loss she tongue in a hunting accident.

LP was not the TD he was the Technical Advisor and was paid by the govt not the TTFF. Wasn't it during Wim's tenure he was relieved of his responsibilities? He identified the need to work with the youth team and Anton now has that portfolio if I am not mistaken. TTFF take they ball and out the man to spectate on the side lines. The man has been working on the Coaching badges. I think the gov't do him a favor by releasing him. Trinis always complaining about the brain drain but this is how it does happen. Men does come home call a spade a spade and then get put in a corner cause pep doh like what they saying.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »
This man leave ah comfortable life in de usa to come back and fight up for he countrymen  and still get roll under de bus normal

rough
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »
I think a lot of you are missing the point about what a traditional TD does and his overall impact.  A TD is supposed to provide the resources and advice for decision makers to act upon. If the decision makers don't take the guidance of the TD, I cannot see how the TD can be blamed for failings that come from decisions he did not make or support. If the TD's request for resources is caught up in political posturing can you blame the TD for the shortcomings of the program? Additionally, there are many here who criticize the man because he supposedly did not speak forcefully enough for the '06 players. Yet, it seems like he was ostracized by TTFF insiders because likely did just that. It's kind of like the "Obama is a Muslim who went to a church led by a racist pastor" meme the lunatic fringe embraces. You can't have it both ways folks.

When his advice was followed and supported, the senior team reached out to Latapy and Yorke to return to play and the best possible coach was hired. Furthermore, under his guidance, resources that produced the base that is presently the u23 team were made available.  LP probably felt the best way to make an impact was to work within the entity that needed reform and unfortunately like so may other examples, the opportunity to become a better federation was squandered. Maybe his reports will finally be released so people can see what he has been doing and what he advocated. More important, he will now be free to share his impressions about his time with the federation and can do so without betraying any duty of loyalty he held while still employed to work with the TTFF. A characteristic that should actually be admired. But to some on this board if LP was seen walking on water, you would say he did that because he couldn't swim.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:13:47 PM by tempo »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »
As far as I know, Lincoln, in his capacity as a gov't paid coach would advise the TTFF when called upon to do so. He was not the TTFF technical director. He worked for the TT gov't, well the past gov't had him on the payroll.jack tying all you up.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
Poor LIncoln getting slammed becasue he was not forceful enough..when he was forceful he was too forceful and get Wim fired.  The man was a government employee, not a TTFF employee.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »
Nobody vex with LP for not standing up for the 06 Warriors, he never stand up for anything against the TTFF and from what allyuh saying he was not a TTFF employer, he worked for the government, so why is he always hiding from the TTFF then ?

If he wasn't here for a pay check he woulda have more balls ?

LP feels we want him to come out in public and start bad talking or shooting his gun, there is many ways to fight a battle.

I have nothing against LP and me and him was cool, unfortunately he worked for the wrong people and by association he just as guilty, if you buy stolen items you will get arrested even though you did not steal it.

It simple, if the TTFF call me up right now to work as TD for them, two things will come to my mind.

1- I go take de wok dont matter what people say because I go get some decent dollars and by de time they realise I just riding de wave, my pocket full, so even if they fire me, I good.

2- Come to T&T and blaze my gun, get fired in return and go back home broke.

If LP was so smart, he would have realise that his boss Jack Warner and the people he worked for was a bunch of thieves and people who was not professional enough to get the job done, he working as TD about 8 years now and he didn't realise he only tarnishing his own rep by staying and accepting to work under these poor conditions.

I mean, what did he expect ?

He acting like Shaka, Shaka talking about the TTFF like he dont know, everybody knows about the TTFF.

Now, ah only asking eh, What has LP done since he came to T&T ?

Carry a team to the Dallas Cup when the fire was still in his heart.

Have a Christmas break training camp with some of the US college players.

Get license for parents and prisoners.

Hold a few training course for coaches in T&T, who by de way, still coaching de same way. Can anyone of these people who attend LP training camp vouch for him ?

?
?
?

Look I not picking on LP, Flex told me personally, he is a very nice guy and wants to do more but is limited, my question is, he has been limited 7 out of the 8 years he here and he stood around accepting to work under the current terms, Latas was the same and got fired.

Even if Flex went to work for the TTFF it would be the same out come, he will either accept the job and hide behind de line or open he mouth and get fired.

But will he stay and tarnish his rep or will he hide like a wuss, that is de question, the TTFF basically discredit a Tiger and turned him into a pussy cat and LP allowed them, not only didn't he stand up for anything positive for the T&T players, but he allow a federation to do so much damage to his name.

And he got real advice about the TTFF, read this...

http://www.socawarriors.net/component/content/3067.html?task=view

LP is a good man and I wish I coulda see him play becuase I hear he was a boss keeper, but after the first 2 even three years he suppose to realise he working for some dealers.

So if it walks like a duck and quack like a duck, then it is a duck.

Under a better boss, LP might have done better, but he accepted this job for 8 years, so he have to take some blame, he is a big man, not a child, he know what he was getting into.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:20:24 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
One important thing yuh not considering Sam!

LP was not working for the TTFF as our TD!

He was/is working for the government or at least the previous government as Technical Advisor to the TTFF.

Apparantly Look Loy has been given the vacant TD post but not sure when he was officially given that post!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 07:31:06 PM »
One important thing yuh not considering Sam!

LP was not working for the TTFF as our TD!

He was/is working for the government or at least the previous government as Technical Advisor to the TTFF.

Apparantly Look Loy has been given the vacant TD post but not sure when he was officially given that post!

So better yet, what did he do while working as a government employee for the pass 5/6 years ?

Did he do anything to impove the game/coaches in T&T ?

Did the leagues (pro league, SSFL) improve ?

Tell me what was his duties as TD or a government worker ?

What did he do on a daily basis ?

Did he approach the TTFF with ideas and got blanked and just gave up and continuted to work under such poor conditions ?

Tell me more.

LP is not the problem, he was part of a bigger problem.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »
Sam, you talk hard and strong but your words are naive at best. Here's why.

Nobody vex with LP for not standing up for the 06 Warriors, he never stand up for anything against the TTFF and from what allyuh saying he was not a TTFF employer, he worked for the government, so why is he always hiding from the TTFF then ?

LP did not support the Pellerud hire in that he thought Pellerud would be a better fit for the senior women, he pushed for Carlos Queiroz instead of Pfister because of Queiroz' record in development, and kept needling the TTFF to settle the player suit when all the insiders were taking the company line. Just because you did not hear any of this did not mean he was hiding, he just wasn't grandstanding.

If he wasn't here for a pay check he woulda have more balls ?

You sound like Sarah Palin here plus do you agree with everything the company that you work for does? Probably not. Do you go to the press or other co-workers and openly campaign against the company policy you don't support? Unlikely, so why would you or any one expect LP to do such a thing?

LP feels we want him to come out in public and start bad talking or shooting his gun, there is many ways to fight a battle.

How do you know that he did not use those ways? If he was taking the company line as you say, wouldn't he be considered a TTFF insider?

I have nothing against LP and me and him was cool, unfortunately he worked for the wrong people and by association he just as guilty, if you buy stolen items you will get arrested even though you did not steal it.

So every government employee is to be viewed as guilty when their leaders are found guilty of corruption or every CLICO employee is guilty because of the misdeeds of its leaders? What is unfortunate is that for anyone to do anything of substance in T&T football you have to work with the TTFF.

It simple, if the TTFF call me up right now to work as TD for them, two things will come to my mind.

1- I go take de wok dont matter what people say because I go get some decent dollars and by de time they realise I just riding de wave, my pocket full, so even if they fire me, I good.

That's you. LP probably saw a chance to help qualify the team for its first world cup and help build a development system

2- Come to T&T and blaze my gun, get fired in return and go back home broke.

What sense does that make? Sounds a bit indulgent

If LP was so smart, he would have realise that his boss Jack Warner and the people he worked for was a bunch of thieves and people who was not professional enough to get the job done, he working as TD about 8 years now and he didn't realise he only tarnishing his own rep by staying and accepting to work under these poor conditions.

So anyone interested in reforming an institution shouldn't even bother under your view? Folks should just leave well enough alone. LP just failed at not being able to get his plans implemented. Nothing more.

I mean, what did he expect ?

He acting like Shaka, Shaka talking about the TTFF like he dont know, everybody knows about the TTFF.

So Shaka's response when asked to join the national team should have been; "I dunno, I would love to go to a world cup but you guys are not too honest or have a good track record in being nice to people" C'mon man, be serious.

Now, ah only asking eh, What has LP done since he came to T&T ?

What you listed below alone is much more than anyone else had done before he returned to T&T.

Carry a team to the Dallas Cup when the fire was still in his heart. Yes, he even got the team invited to the Milk Cup before the federation nixed it.

Have a Christmas break training camp with some of the US college players.Yes, and it was very well received. The "some" US players numbered to just under 200.

Get license for parents and prisoners.

Over 900 licenses. Among those were to parents who are often the first coaches kids have in the youth game and protective service officers. Once again, this was not done in the past so I don't understand why you're so dismissive

Hold a few training course for coaches in T&T, who by de way, still coaching de same way. Can anyone of these people who attend LP training camp vouch for him ?

So, are you expecting coaches to change their style of many years after attending one course? Completing a course is the start of learning how to coach, not the end product that says you can coach.

?
?
?

Look I not picking on LP, Flex told me personally, he is a very nice guy and wants to do more but is limited, my question is, he has been limited 7 out of the 8 years he here and he stood around accepting to work under the current terms, Latas was the same and got fired.

Latas made bad decisions. That is why he got fired.

Even if Flex went to work for the TTFF it would be the same out come, he will either accept the job and hide behind de line or open he mouth and get fired.

As in the case of so may other things, there are more than just two choices. Don't you think?

But will he stay and tarnish his rep or will he hide like a wuss, that is de question, the TTFF basically discredit a Tiger and turned him into a pussy cat and LP allowed them, not only didn't he stand up for anything positive for the T&T players, but he allow a federation to do so much damage to his name.

The TTFF can never discredit someone if people are interested in facts. He has a track record of success and no one can take that away. The whole tiger/pussy cat thing is a caricature created because he didn't blast anyone, the fans were rightfully angry and wanted to lash out against anyone associated with the TTFF whether they deserved it or not. Plus, he didn't openly criticize the TTFF in the beginning of his tenure either. So once again, you can't have it both ways. Finally, for all the criticism the '06 players levied against the TTFF, don't you think it a bit odd that none of them singled out LP for criticism?

And he got real advice about the TTFF, read this...

http://www.socawarriors.net/component/content/3067.html?task=view

LP is a good man and I wish I coulda see him play becuase I hear he was a boss keeper, but after the first 2 even three years he suppose to realise he working for some dealers.

He was reassigned to an area he thought was important; coaching development. Once the impasse happened, he was no longer on the inside. Something else to consider.

Unless it's a platypus

Under a better boss, LP might have done better, but he accepted this job for 8 years, so he have to take some blame, he is a big man, not a child, he know what he was getting into.

Yes he did, still went in, and lasted longer than anyone else in that position. Not bad if you think about it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:46:22 PM by tempo »

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 09:03:58 PM »
LIncoln openly stated in the Press that the impasse should end and he said the players should get paid.

He is gone because the PNM not in power and the PP doing Jack bidding...Jack has his lackey to bring in to take Lincoln job,, dais all.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
Sam, if you know Lincoln, and it appears that you do. Why don't you contact him and put all these questions to him. You yourself would not be able to deal with the rat controlling our football.The mere fact that jack is protected by fifa, misdeeds et al goes to show the task that you could not surmount. You would put yuh hands on yuh head and bawl murder.

As far as chastizing Shaka. Shaka and the other 12 have f--king guts to stand up to TTFF for the past 5 yrs. They still have a court case pending. That is more than some players of the past have done. The previous ones have caved in to TTFF demands.

If you as old as LP, you should know about the players small strike in the Costa Rica Concacaf nation cup when then ban burn boots for insubordination. What about Jimmy Springer. The players leave him to hang dry when they caved in to the ttff. Now 2006 is the same shit. Come better than that Sam.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:11:03 AM by Deeks »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »
Hold on there a minute.First off I would like to say that I pussonly did not know dat LP was not the TD but rather the TA and was hired by the government. Like sam said however this should have only strengthened his resolve because he did not have to answer to or even report to Jack warner and de TTFF. Now I suspect dat LP being the Platypus that he is was trying to have he cake and eat it too.. translated be a watchdog for de government but at the same time maintain a particular relationship with Jack Warner and de TTFF. now in truth there was little that LP or Mr. Manning could do to interrupt the business of de TTFF. I'm not naive in that understanding.. -  however everyone have to use the aces that they hold and since Jack and dem always coming and asking for money then just like de US Federal system.. if yuh want we money then yuh have to follow certain measures or else find yuh own money. Who continues to give someone money for betterment even if they continue to make bad decisions. LP seemingly was de man dat was supposed to bridge dat gap and help TTFF make better decisions so they could continue to collect what they need. This means that LP would have to be able to gangsta de TTFF at times. Yes sometimes he have to play softball but also sometimes he has to play hardball. Short of de Wim ting ( which i dont know if dat qualify as hard ball) LP has come up wanting when the need to jack up jack and dem came along.
Go to the media houses, Embarass de hell out of their incompetence (de TTFF) hold dem to their decisions, let de country (who he wokkin for) see the incompetence and even slavery ended so Jack Warner's reign could come to an end as well. but if there is no public support for the change as a result of no glaring incompetence on the part of de TTFF then LP was spinnin top in mud. Nice fella might be but he was wokkin for Patrick Manning who is no political friend of jack Warner so he didnt have to feel like he have to kiss jack-ass. lolol Ah couldn't help the play on words there. I'll close it there. I think he could have been more forceful especially under the PNM rule. Of course now dog eat he supper but then he had plenty foot to stand on and seemingly did little to ruffle de feathers. It takes a revolution to make a solution. He revolted against little therefore he solved little.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 07:01:06 AM »

Unless it's a platypus

;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 07:03:02 AM »
Sam, if you know Lincoln, and it appears that you do. Why don't you contact him and put all these questions to him. You yourself would not be able to deal with the rat controlling our football.The mere fact that jack is protected by fifa, misdeeds et al goes to show the task that you could not surmount. You would put yuh hands on yuh head and bawl murder.

As far as chastizing Shaka. Shaka and the other 12 have f--king guts to stand up to TTFF for the past 5 yrs. They still have a court case pending. That is more than some players of the past have done. The previous ones have caved in to TTFF demands.

If you as old as LP, you should know about the players small strike in the Costa Rica Concacaf nation cup when then ban burn boots for insubordination. What about Jimmy Springer. The players leave him to hang dry when they caved in to the ttff. Now 2006 is the same shit. Come better than that Sam.

Hohoho.... Shaka got guts when he had the money to.

Why do you think the locals never stand up or put the TTFF in court, look de Digicel Cup team was short paid and you here nothing more of it.

But let half of them sign in Europe and make some money nah, all of a sudden they go come back to T&T blazing.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 07:19:08 AM »
Mr Tempo....

Was he the only TD to be hired by the government ? yes he hold the title for being the longest serving TD ? but did he represent his title and I hear the TTFF wanted to fire him long time but he government bail him out and Sportt take over his pay ?

I eh picking up for de TTFF eh, but if LP so good according to you, why 90% maybe more of the people around T&T football dont care for him much ?

Carlos Queiroz ...... hahahahahah...... he eh no better than Otto Pfister. Portugal got rid of him after their poor showing in the 2010 WC. LP only like Carlos because he have African roots..... nothing more..... he came out in public and support Latas in a Flex interview and then two months after he said Latas made mistakes....

De US players numbered to just under 200 where yuh father or uncle had during de camp, where them now ? by de way, that camp and the Dallas Cup was EXCELLENT and I give LP proops for that, but consistency is the game.

Did the the '06 players criticise Anton Corneal, Richard Gorden or Keith Look Loy etc... their problem was with Jack and Camps ?

What track record LP have ? tell me more.

You telling me that LP got over 900 licenses. and among those were parents who are often the first coaches kids have in the youth game and protective service officers and you said once again, this was not done in the past so I don't understand why you're so dismissive.

So where de 900 now and how did this help T&T football, are they contributing anything, I see our youth teams getting real bad licks, tell me more ? half de coaches in de SSFL, Super League (maybe all) and one in de pro league (Rougier) dont even have they license... Rougier just got his, 2 weeks ago...

I cant believe a 1 week course can certify you ? Shouldn't it be a 6 month program where the qualified ones move on to better things, etc....

If LP keep hiding his accomplishment, can you blame me for asking ?

What is the fuction of a TD, I hope is not to only give parents and prisioners licenses.

If you list LP accomplishments, I will make a public apology to LP if I find it was good for the 8 years he here.

And I see no problem with asking.

PS: Ah hope he eh hiding he accomplishments to, yuh know he like to hide everything.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:56:28 AM by Sam »

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:50 AM »

Since Lincoln has been in Trinidad (being the Technical Director or not), two national teams went to the World Cup.  He was the one who got Beennakker, not Jack.   This was not an easy undertaking for him.  He just did not fit in with the T&T football administration.  One thing I have to give him, he lasted eight years.  How many T&T coaches and TDs made it so long?  Also, I do not believe that Lincoln was the same person he was 30 years ago.  In the past, I have seen Lincoln lose major jobs due to his doggedness.  Age will teach you to change your philosophy on life. 

Trevor Leiba

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 07:54:08 AM »

Hohoho.... Shaka got guts when he had the money to.

Why do you think the locals never stand up or put the TTFF in court, look de Digicel Cup team was short paid and you here nothing more of it.

But let half of them sign in Europe and make some money nah, all of a sudden they go come back to T&T blazing.

Whats your point Sam. There are local players is the current law suit also. Autis and Wolfe. But it appears to me that you feel the players should take whatever they get and shut up. What do you want the players to take fropm the ttff, a bun and a sweet drink. You think them English players go stand for that crap with all the millions they making. Yes Shaka has money(which he earned honestly by working very hard). He could sit quietly and say "I got mine, is the rest of allyuh to catch". But he stayed with the cause, which I think is JUST. I used to see men long ago who used to get horrors to get time off from work to train for WC and Olimpic football and play the heart out and got nothing. Which side are you on, Bro.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »
The TD for the TTFF, whether paid by govt or by the TTFF is still an employee of the TTFF. Just like the coaches whose salaries are supposed to be subsidized by SPORTT, are not SPORTT employees. LP did not have leverage to demand anything. The way the TTFF is constructed, LP had an advisory role with some operational duties in the area of coaching education and goalkeeper development.

As for Queiroz being no better than Pfister, well, first it should be said that Pfister is a quality coach.  BUT, Queiroz did win two youth world cups, had more success in world cup competition, coached some of the world's top players, coached a top ten team, coached in the last world cup, and has extensive experience in CONCACAF. As accomplished a coach he is, Pfister cannot match those points. Plus, Quieroz was fired by Portugal, not Zimbabwe, not Finland, not Nicaragua but a perennial top ten team with aspirations of winning the world cup. Not even close.

In the end, LP probably never saw himself as a counterweight to Jack but rather someone who would lend the same expertise that helped develop football in the US through coaching development and player development. It really is that straightforward.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »
One of the impediments to a strong players union in TT is the govt teams, especially the protective services, quasi that play in the TT football. When you play for DF, Police, COASt GUARD, Air GUARD, Prisons, Fire Services, you cannot strike. You are being paid by the govt. If they get injured the gov't go take of them. Now for the baller who self employed or working for a private firm in a different scenario. If half the team has protective services guys and there is just cause to strike, they have to cross the picket line.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:00:50 PM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »
Whats your point Sam. There are local players is the current law suit also. Autis and Wolfe. But it appears to me that you feel the players should take whatever they get and shut up. What do you want the players to take fropm the ttff, a bun and a sweet drink. You think them English players go stand for that crap with all the millions they making. Yes Shaka has money(which he earned honestly by working very hard). He could sit quietly and say "I got mine, is the rest of allyuh to catch". But he stayed with the cause, which I think is JUST. I used to see men long ago who used to get horrors to get time off from work to train for WC and Olimpic football and play the heart out and got nothing. Which side are you on, Bro.

I never said the players should take what they get. I said they got balls when they get money, all de time Shaka didn't care what he was being paid, no ?

Aurtis Whitley was happy woking PH, so de million dollars de government gave him was like winning de lottery. Wolfe came from a poor family and that million was also like winning de lottery, they had nothing to lose if they sue...

Give me a million to and I will stand with wih de rest.....

BTW, I respect both Aurtis and especially Wolfe, de young man have belly.... just trying to point out facts.

We all in this together, if allyuh standing up for a cause, then rich or poor need to do it together.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:10:28 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »
The TD for the TTFF, whether paid by govt or by the TTFF is still an employee of the TTFF. Just like the coaches whose salaries are supposed to be subsidized by SPORTT, are not SPORTT employees. LP did not have leverage to demand anything. The way the TTFF is constructed, LP had an advisory role with some operational duties in the area of coaching education and goalkeeper development.

As for Queiroz being no better than Pfister, well, first it should be said that Pfister is a quality coach.  BUT, Queiroz did win two youth world cups, had more success in world cup competition, coached some of the world's top players, coached a top ten team, coached in the last world cup, and has extensive experience in CONCACAF. As accomplished a coach he is, Pfister cannot match those points. Plus, Quieroz was fired by Portugal, not Zimbabwe, not Finland, not Nicaragua but a perennial top ten team with aspirations of winning the world cup. Not even close.

In the end, LP probably never saw himself as a counterweight to Jack but rather someone who would lend the same expertise that helped develop football in the US through coaching development and player development. It really is that straightforward.

Ok, cool then, but dont forget to post LP accomplishments for me to see.

LP had an advisory role with some operational duties, when ?

Bottom line, LP might or is a genuine person he just gets the bad mame because of the people he works for and was part of.

One bad apple could spoil de whole bunch, but one good apple cant get the rottens one good.

Good luck to LP, I still like him under all de ole talk because as I said, he might had dont better if he wasn't limited, a limitations he ACCEPTED, so he will take some blame.

Ah cant wait to see the next TD.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 10:49:30 AM »
technical director:

most people on here dont know what a technical director does

A technical Director is supposed to create an environment that will allow for technical improvement in the game locally.

They do this mainly

By Selection of the courses offered and the content of the courses offered by the federation. Mainly for the coaches

Since most of our courses are offerend by foreigners either British or Dutch the content is already defined.

So the only thing that needs to be determined is the level of the courses that will be offered.

Linioln has been involved in offering both the High level A courses and the lower level such as D, E etc

So he has done his job from what I can see.

i think the introduction of the A B C D License for local coaches was a very significant step and he should take some credit for that.

Most people criticize him but they do not know the scope of the position.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
A technical Director is supposed to create an environment that will allow for technical improvement in the game locally.

KND, LP has done his job as you have defined. But I think there much more to be done. I still find our players lack the skill to match our Latin counterparts, both at club and national team level. In this case, I feel the onus is on the clubs to take that step further.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »

Thanks Tempo....yes it really is that straightforward, doh study dem. The problem is there are not enough Lincolns 'bout de place.
Two islands are better than one.

1]; } ?>