March 29, 2024, 01:17:35 AM

Author Topic: Since when buying a shirt entiles one to behave like a jackass??  (Read 4165 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I tell you what.

Manchesters achievements under fergie are amazing it really is.

however the more they win, the more non true fans join thier ranks (and chelski)

there are very few manu fans i can talk to about football, give a lil good natured ole talk to and still feel like i respected tham and they me.

the rest get so personal, so zealous, so unbelievably out of touch with thier own reality.

i mean, since when does buying a t shirt entitle one to be a c**t?

what have you done for said club?

bah humbug maybe im just getting old, but they really do take the fun out of being a football fan
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:28:27 AM by GunnerStunner »

giggsy11

Re: Since when buying a shirt entiles one to behave like a jackass??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:14:57 AM »
I tell you what.

however the more they win the more non true fans join thier ranks (and chelski)

there are very few manu fans i can talk to about football, give a lil good natured ole talk to and still feel like i respected tham and they me.

the rest get so personal, so zealous, so unbelievably ou tof touch with thier own reality.

i mean since when does buying a t shirt entilte one to be a c**t?

bah humbug manybe im just getting old, but they really do take the fun out of being a football fan

You know Gunner it is not that serious. You have such persons, who are supporters of other clubs beside United. Plus if a person is all those things you describe them as being, I am sure that is who they are and have been before they even became a supporter of United.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:20:29 AM »
I tell you what.

the rest get so personal, so zealous, so unbelievably ou tof touch with thier own reality.

bah humbug manybe im just getting old, but they really do take the fun out of being a football fan

Just don’t take it on. It have no prizes for taking this thing more serious than anybody else.

I have a theory that this is all down to the internet. Before the internet if yuh not actually in England you didn’t carry a lot of the hate that men chucking these days. As a Trini or American yuh just happy to share football with like-minded others and so Liverpool, United, Spurs, Arsenal (it had no Chelsea fans back then) would commune with each other and be civil. Yuh would give old talk yuh would jealous men when they team win and yours loss but it was more about sharing the football fandom experience.

Now with the internet the world get smaller and a man in Trinidad don’t need to share information, magazines, tapes or talk about games with men from other teams. Much easier to keep to your own clan than have genuine debate. They feel such kinship and support with the electronic community that they either feel the need to, or empowered enough to be incivil to people that they actually have important things in common with i.e. being a part of a real community.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 07:40:13 AM »
(it had no Chelsea fans back then)

Ouch!

I have one of these... The internet was still mostly in universities back then, does that count?

I sure ever since Og, wearing a lion skin defeat Grog, wearing the away leopard pelt in the mammoth-spearing league, it had man acting like ass.  Like JDB say, the internet just gives ppl a wider audience for thier obnoxious behaviour. The bottom line is, it ain't that deep... You don't actually have to read the crap.

It appears that the anonymity of the internet promotes less civility. Men would cuss and act the fool who otherwise wouldn't say a peep to your face. We could debate any number of subjects without resorting to profanity and ad hominem attacks. The few who love to revel in the filth tend to want to dirty everyone else. Some web sites have taken steps to make web posters identifiable (via facebook for instance), we'll see if this helps.

The sad thing is that this bleeds into the real world and you look around and wonder what the hell happened?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:50:30 AM »
The zeal with which we support foreign clubs (and national teams) to which we have very little tangible connection, can in itself be deemed ludicrous...even more so when we nitpick among eachother about who is the better or more obnoxious fan. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »
Just don’t take it on. It have no prizes for taking this thing more serious than anybody else.

I have a theory that this is all down to the internet. Before the internet if yuh not actually in England you didn’t carry a lot of the hate that men chucking these days. As a Trini or American yuh just happy to share football with like-minded others and so Liverpool, United, Spurs, Arsenal (it had no Chelsea fans back then) would commune with each other and be civil. Yuh would give old talk yuh would jealous men when they team win and yours loss but it was more about sharing the football fandom experience.

Now with the internet the world get smaller and a man in Trinidad don’t need to share information, magazines, tapes or talk about games with men from other teams. Much easier to keep to your own clan than have genuine debate. They feel such kinship and support with the electronic community that they either feel the need to, or empowered enough to be incivil to people that they actually have important things in common with i.e. being a part of a real community.

As a fellow ManU supporter I expect yuh tuh circle de wagons with Small Mag... not call him out like that.  

But jokes aside, spot on in my book.  Back when the only football I was getting was "FA Cup" and "Road to Wembley" on a Sunday morning... I was glad to take what I could get, and hence I developed an early liking and appreciation for ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool.  Later, largely because of three key players I liked, I started to really follow Liverpool.

I used to comment on the partisan behavior of some of the "supporters" on here who act like is family they protecting or something, but I give up.  Some men just need to take... and make, it personal.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 08:10:06 AM »
The zeal with which we support foreign clubs (and national teams) to which we have very little tangible connection, can in itself be deemed ludicrous...even more so when we nitpick among eachother about who is the better or more obnoxious fan. 

All fans supporting teams from afar, in aggregate, are the same. As much as men try to draw lines between this fan and that fan they all act the same given similar circumstances. Give Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal fans 12 titles in 20 years and they would instantly become the bete noire that United fans are now.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 08:22:05 AM »

All fans supporting teams from afar, in aggregate, are the same. As much as men try to draw lines between this fan and that fan they all act the same given similar circumstances. Give Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal fans 12 titles in 20 years and they would instantly become the bete noire that United fans are now.

In aggregate, yup
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »

Amen
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 08:36:45 AM »

Ouch!

I have one of these... The internet was still mostly in universities back then, does that count?

I sure ever since Og, wearing a lion skin defeat Grog, wearing the away leopard pelt in the mammoth-spearing league, it had man acting like ass.  Like JDB say, the internet just gives ppl a wider audience for thier obnoxious behaviour. The bottom line is, it ain't that deep... You don't actually have to read the crap.

It appears that the anonymity of the internet promotes less civility. Men would cuss and act the fool who otherwise wouldn't say a peep to your face. We could debate any number of subjects without resorting to profanity and ad hominem attacks. The few who love to revel in the filth tend to want to dirty everyone else. Some web sites have taken steps to make web posters identifiable (via facebook for instance), we'll see if this helps.

The sad thing is that this bleeds into the real world and you look around and wonder what the hell happened?
i talking about real life walking talking manu fans that i know not just on the internet trough forums

that act like they actually did anything worthy of braying about

by all means laud and appluad your team, praise them but by no means beat yuh chest like is you in goal saving penalties or scoring goals or making sub and transfers

the fans seem to have instilled a self importance that is misplaced

they are importan tto the club beacuse with out them what is the club really doing?

just once i want to see a manu fan turn around and say hey fellas sorry abou tall the lick but thanks for pushing us thanks for making our achievments better because you were worthy opponents
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:48:54 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 08:38:38 AM »

ent! i get caught up in it sometimes but usually back off when i realise it wont change a thing what happens on the field no matter who more wrong or more right than the other in the debate (i use that word losely)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:21 AM »
I tell you what.

You know Gunner it is not that serious. You have such persons, who are supporters of other clubs beside United. Plus if a person is all those things you describe them as being, I am sure that is who they are and have been before they even became a supporter of United.

i know it seems like i am picking on manu fans and you are right there are other supporters just as brazzen and dilusional that becaus a team they support is succesful very often that they can shit down on others

but in general my experience has been with manu fans, i mean seriously other than having one of manchester hundreds of kits over the last 20 something years what have they done for the club??

all i am saying is  why cant they be gracious winners in stead of sore winners?

i can understand if liverpool just won it or even arsenal after years of abuse and heartbreak that one can be a lil over emotional about winning

but from fans of a team used to winning and have been winning a lot in the last two decades? come on surely some of that manu class can rub off on its fans wouldn't you think?

mind you, i will still be pleased if Barca beat them at wembely

if the fans were classier i would hope that manu wins it in wembely because its in england and that would cap a great  achievement for fergie

but if they do lord help us who don't support manu because tollerating them for the next god know haw many years until thier records are broken and they will be, will suck the fun out of being a footbal fan and an EPL one at that
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:51:00 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »

As a fellow ManU supporter I expect yuh tuh circle de wagons with Small Mag... not call him out like that.  

But jokes aside, spot on in my book.  Back when the only football I was getting was "FA Cup" and "Road to Wembley" on a Sunday morning... I was glad to take what I could get, and hence I developed an early liking and appreciation for ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool.  Later, largely because of three key players I liked, I started to really follow Liverpool.

I used to comment on the partisan behavior of some of the "supporters" on here who act like is family they protecting or something, but I give up.  Some men just need to take... and make, it personal.

bake and shark,....you, more than anybody typifies the type of behaviour being mentioned here which is why I does always be tellin' yuh that the shit you does be tellin' people one here and the way yuh does be sayin' it, yuh could never be talkin' so to grown men to dey face and walk away cool, cool.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »

Ouch!

i talking about real life walking talk manu fans that i know not just on the internet trough forums

that act like they actually did anything worthy of braying about

by all means laud and appluad your team, praise them but by no means beat yuh chest like is you in goal saving penalties or scoring goals or making sub and transfers

the fans seem to have instilled a self importance that is misplaced

they are importan tto the club beacuse with out them what is the club really doing?

just once i want to see a manu fan turn around and say hey fellas sorry abou tall the lick but thanks fo rpushing us thansk fo rmaking opur achievments better because you were worthy opponents

this applies best when men does be talkin' about "their" team's "history" or "legacy" when half of them wasn't even old enough to follow that history.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »
This is why yuh have to join a firm and start beatin opposing fans.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 11:40:04 AM »
This is why yuh have to join a firm and start beatin opposing fans.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:   I agree, where ah could sign up for dat????
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »
just once i want to see a manu fan turn around and say hey fellas sorry abou tall the lick but thanks fo rpushing us thansk fo rmaking opur achievments better because you were worthy opponents

lol, dude, what kinda supporters u know whose first reaction is to tell the opposition thanks for pushing us?? Fact is we (Trini supports of European clubs) are all glory seekers. This season, Man U fans can rightly claim to have done a better job of glory seeking than you or me, so let them enjoy it. Doh get vex  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »
bake and shark,....you, more than anybody typifies the type of behaviour being mentioned here which is why I does always be tellin' yuh that the shit you does be tellin' people one here and the way yuh does be sayin' it, yuh could never be talkin' so to grown men to dey face and walk away cool, cool.

Really?  Here I thought what was being described here was fans taking support for their club too personal and with too much zeal?  Strange then that you could say with a straight face that I guilty of that.  But actually, that's not what yuh saying right?  You need to spin the topic to suit yuh agenda... lol  Well, not sure how many times I have to say it until yuh believe it, but what yuh see/read is what yuh get fella.  Those here who know me in person would tell yuh de same.  Hard luck dey.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »

Really?  Here I thought what was being described here was fans taking support for their club too personal and with too much zeal?  Strange then that you could say with a straight face that I guilty of that.  But actually, that's not what yuh saying right?  You need to spin the topic to suit yuh agenda... lol  Well, not sure how many times I have to say it until yuh believe it, but what yuh see/read is what yuh get fella.  Those here who know me in person would tell yuh de same.  Hard luck dey.
        Ah tell you,this forum real nice yes,i'm so glad is a forum we on and don't have cause to meet each other in person,people taking things too serious,watch what you saying it might come back to haunt you.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »

I not spinning nothing to suit no agenda, fella.  I am referring to this part, as quoted from one of the posts I read before mine:  "...It appears that the anonymity of the internet promotes less civility. Men would cuss and act the fool who otherwise wouldn't say a peep to your face. We could debate any number of subjects without resorting to profanity and ad hominem attacks. The few who love to revel in the filth tend to want to dirty everyone else...."  which does apply to you, to the letter.  I would really love to witness you be the same way in person with certain people on here....that don't yet "know you personally".  I guarantee you, you will garner a more civil approach when debating with people.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
I not spinning nothing to suit no agenda, fella.  I am referring to this part, as quoted from one of the posts I read before mine:  "...It appears that the anonymity of the internet promotes less civility. Men would cuss and act the fool who otherwise wouldn't say a peep to your face. We could debate any number of subjects without resorting to profanity and ad hominem attacks. The few who love to revel in the filth tend to want to dirty everyone else...."  which does apply to you, to the letter.  I would really love to witness you be the same way in person with certain people on here....that don't yet "know you personally".  I guarantee you, you will garner a more civil approach when debating with people.

If it gives you comfort to think that the quote applies to me... or that you could make good on yuh guarantee then free up yuhself.  Apparently yuh need extra motivation tuh help yuh tote arung dem feelings.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »

If it gives you comfort to think that the quote applies to me... or that you could make good on yuh guarantee then free up yuhself.  Apparently yuh need extra motivation tuh help yuh tote arung dem feelings.

I would even buy the first round of drinks.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »
i wasnt talking about the forum in general but it must be taken into account since this is where i have broached the topic

but in general i am talking about those who laud it over others over the achievments of others they support.

basically standing on the shoulders of giants

giggsy11

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
i wasnt talking about the forum in general but it must be taken into account since this is where i have broached the topic

but in general i am talking about those who laud it over others over the achievments of others they support.

\

Gunner you sounding depress and defeated! Take a break do a little scouting for Wenger, send him your scouting reports and see who he ends up signing! And stay away from United fans until next season. ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:26:38 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 08:11:32 PM »

\

Gunner you sounding depress and defeated! Take a break do a little scouting for Wenger, send him your scouting reports and see who he ends up signing! And stay away from United fans until next season. ;)

:rotfl:

Gunner have no choice but to go in a corner and recoil all his angst fuh next season.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 05:25:21 AM »
If zombies were manu fans this would be the end of the world

Not recoiling no where no how

Headshots for all  :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 08:33:35 AM »

Gunner doh study dem hoss(not the peeps on this forum but de fans you talking bout)
I know what you talking about, many ppl get carried away with supporting ah team. When their team win they act like they scored or contributed mightly and when dey side loose dey cussing whey everybody, vex wid de world, mad wid dey gyal and ting....dias taking it way too far and yuh right, win/loose/draw dey have no control over it.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 02:03:08 PM »

Gunner doh study dem hoss(not the peeps on this forum but de fans you talking bout)
I know what you talking about, many ppl get carried away with supporting ah team. When their team win they act like they scored or contributed mightly and when dey side loose dey cussing whey everybody, vex wid de world, mad wid dey gyal and ting....dias taking it way too far and yuh right, win/loose/draw dey have no control over it.
usually its the same mentality that like rum n roti politricks , feting, jinkin, hornin', jammin'  etc etc misplaced priorities or a false sense of maturity

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 05:12:47 PM »
I love mih Liverpool, but at the end of the day LFC eh paying my bills and their players are already quite wealthy, so that puts things in perspective for me.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »
I love mih Liverpool, but at the end of the day LFC eh paying my bills and their players are already quite wealthy, so that puts things in perspective for me.

thats what i'm saying

its just a game

feel the pride feel the loss but dont dwell on it or live yuh life like you actually did something

St. Peter never said yuh cant come in to heaven if yuh not ah manu fan

1]; } ?>