March 28, 2024, 07:12:21 PM

Author Topic: Pfister takes Warriors to Las Cuevas for training  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister takes Warriors to Las Cuevas for training
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:22:02 AM »
Pfister takes Warriors to Las Cuevas for training
T&T Guardian

National coach Otto Pfister switched his training venue to Las Cueves yesterday as the Soca Warriors continued preparation for the  2014 World Cup qualifying campaign. Pfister has been conducting sessions at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, but opted for a change in environment and conditions, overseeing a fitness session at the beach on a sunny but quiet morning with the session starting at 9 am and lasting about an hour. Pfister is no stranger to training in a hot climate but says that the beach conditions in T&T are a prime resource of which athletes here should take advantage.

“Football is an international game. Each region has its own peculiarities and personalities, and its conditions. At the end of the day it is the same game in Egypt, Cameroon or Togo as it is in Trinidad and Tobago. It’s the same family, the same ball and the principles are the same,” Pfister said recently. While the current squad comprises strictly home-based players, T&T’s quota of European-based players are nearing the end of their seasons and will return to T&T within the next few weeks. It is expected that those who are in Pfister’s overall pool will be invited to join the sessions.

Pfister has stated he will consider only his best available players based both at home and abroad for upcoming international matches including a friendly during the August Fifa international window. He will leave for the United States next month to witness the Concacaf Gold Cup. Prior to that, he will visit Tobago to take in some of the action at a game arranged involving some of the better players on the island.

Joe Public captain, Carlyle Mitchell, right leads members of the Soca Warriors training squad
Glenroy Samuel, Micah Lewis, Atualla Guerra, Noel Williams, Andrei Pacheco, Marvin Phillip,
Clyde Leon, Keston Williams, Akim Armstrong and Hughton Hector jog under the supervision
of national coach, Germany’s Otto Pfister on Las Cuevas Beach, yesterday.
PHOTO: courtesy TTFF Media
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister takes Warriors to Las Cuevas for training
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 05:12:34 AM »
We in May, most European leagues is over or almost over and our first game is during an international break 3 months away in August when the European league starts back ?

So while we players on a 2 months break they will be inactive and showing up for practice now and then only if they on vacation in T&T.

Cheryl, yuh doing a great job.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:28:44 AM »
We in May, most European leagues is over or almost over and our first game is during an international break 3 months away in August when the European league starts back ?

So while we players on a 2 months break they will be inactive and showing up for practice now and then only if they on vacation in T&T.

So what do u suggest?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 06:17:35 AM »
So what do u suggest?

Jocking yuh prick twice a day for the next 2 weeks and if symptoms continue call your doctor.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 06:41:11 AM »
he need to have some of dem swim to carrera and back

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 06:48:01 AM »
nice background pic!!!!!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 06:51:45 AM »
This bring back some good memories,those were my haunting grounds,i spent many days training on those beaches and mountains,Las Quevas,Maracas etc etc San Juan Snr Com still talks about it.

All the best guys,like the assistants doing their job.  (good old days)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:14:24 AM »
them big men running with sneakers on the beach.

They need to toughen up they feet and run barefoot.

they does baby these men they must be trying to protect them from shin splints.

training on the beach is a good thing, nice to see this coach doing it.

he might shock me and do a good job. let me see how they look in the first game.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 07:33:52 AM »
THey better get fit. Last night I takin in highlights of dem workin out on d beach. It look kinda sad

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »
them big men running with sneakers on the beach.

They need to toughen up they feet and run barefoot.

they does baby these men they must be trying to protect them from shin splints.

training on the beach is a good thing, nice to see this coach doing it.

he might shock me and do a good job. let me see how they look in the first game.

nothing wrong with wearing sho0es to run on the beach, seems silly in a perfect world, but those guys feet are thier tools, imagine if one were to trod on a piece of wire/glass/sharp stone etc???

and given the attitudes trinis have to keeping charlie close by its a wise move

better to be safe than sorry

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:55:39 AM »
Under all kicks...las cuevas is a dread patch of sand...I sure its a mile plus of beach to run.

I tote a full cooler a few weeks ago from the carpark, down the hill and across the sand to the area by the mud/sand track on the eastern side of the beach....talk bout workout.

It take meh a good 3 beverages and 20 minutes to ketch mehself and recover after that trek.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 08:10:02 AM »
I guess Pfister has been watching Rocky 3

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 08:31:10 AM »
Under all kicks...las cuevas is a dread patch of sand...I sure its a mile plus of beach to run.

I tote a full cooler a few weeks ago from the carpark, down the hill and across the sand to the area by the mud/sand track on the eastern side of the beach....talk bout workout.

It take meh a good 3 beverages and 20 minutes to ketch mehself and recover after that trek.

4X4 touches...no walking required! and then yuh cud go down by the river
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »
I guess Pfister has been watching Rocky 3

:beermug:  ;D  , this forum needs a like button. 
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »

So what do u suggest?

Having a bit of foresight and organising that June friendly before Pfister was officially named.
Having a standby opponent not participating in the Gold Cup?
Keeping Wasa on retainer?

Hell...men frustrated, We ent play a match for the year and world cup qualification suppose to start this year. Let we vent...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »

get them fellahs in shape first and work on the fundamentals of football before they go into a match

pfister getting them up to standard :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »
Cutting edge training. Who would have thought about training our players who live on an island on the beach. WoW absolutely top class.  :applause: :applause: :applause:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 12:10:09 PM »
How alyuh so sure a grounds was available for training?

At least the beach better than a Ballroom  ::)

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjZXWOmYgLc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fjZXWOmYgLc</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
runnin on sand eh no joke.... we boys go be fit..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »

yeah, but dem is the most sour face footballers I ever see ah coach have to work with..is like dey doh wha be here, buh allyuh making we come....if yuh doh wha put out for the National team, for whatever reason...Don't...Not wait till game time to show everybody that doh yuh body was at training, yuh mind wasn't there .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:10 PM »
Cutting edge training. Who would have thought about training our players who live on an island on the beach. WoW absolutely top class.  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Nothing new or nothing that have not been done before. Nice change of scenery.  But this should have be done before the bloody CFU. We more than likely would have been in the Gold cup.

giggsy11

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »

yeah, but dem is the most sour face footballers I ever see ah coach have to work with..is like dey doh wha be here, buh allyuh making we come....if yuh doh wha put out for the National team, for whatever reason...Don't...Not wait till game time to show everybody that doh yuh body was at training, yuh mind wasn't there .

Agreed! Dey seem to lack intensity or just going tru the motions! Th best was the kids passin tru in the background! Comical!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »

Agreed! Dey seem to lack intensity or just going tru the motions! Th best was the kids passin tru in the background! Comical!
actually I not sure eh, buh ah feel ah see a similar movie scene, wid the kids challenging and bussing de National footballers in ah game ah beach football...or was it ah Naruto or pokemon cartoon...either way, I feel the media man cut that part out  :devil:

ps: is not the intensity, but with what seem to be light stuff, dem fellas in deep concentration mode, like is the softest easiest hardest piece ah training dey ever had to do....dis lil piece ah training whey I self by doing wudda make meh feel, like I couuld represent boy, even if yuh just sprint the whole ah Maracas, then he come with this, yuh should be glad, is the part when men coulda be smiling both inwardly and outwardly that wha he had dem doing so papsy...nah, is beastface, cause like dey beast wuk...attitude can't sometimes be coached, it has  to be instilled from home..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:46:11 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:23:25 PM »
Agreed! Dey seem to lack intensity or just going tru the motions!

I disagree.This is just a snippet of the training session that we were allowed to see. All yuh ever see manu, chelsea or Brca go thru an entire session. You only see what they want you to see. This is dey 2nd session. They intensity will come in time. Hopefully.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 10:43:46 PM »
Agreed! Dey seem to lack intensity or just going tru the motions!

I disagree.This is just a snippet of the training session that we were allowed to see. All yuh ever see manu, chelsea or Brca go thru an entire session. You only see what they want you to see. This is dey 2nd session. They intensity will come in time. Hopefully.

nah deeks to many times that intensity didn't show...we thought we wasn't seeing that part of the workouts, but now ah starting to think, based on the stamina displayed in many games over the years, what we actually saw might be some high intensity points...these are seasoned ballers, not fellas who just starting back after a long lay off..if anything they should be tired from their long intense season, yet when doing these light drills they seemed more stressed, than relaxed...this is not USA or Mexico coming at yuh mile ah minute for 90, this is running on the spot and 10 yd sprints we see, and man face screw, like is the hardest drill just land from Germany...in this part of the video, it should show them having fun, but it looking like they working hard..don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the whole or all session on 2 minutes...I guess my point is, most of the guys have to learn to relax under pressure, and enjoy whatever they get now, cause when they run up against teams, is then yuh face should screw, cause it gets more difficult

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 07:20:22 AM »
We will always struggle to beat any team and the players will always struggle to be any kind of Pro. These fellas have a great disdain for doing the basic things. The lil dynamic stretching men screwing to do that and not even trying, You can see on their face like " I is ah bess baller and you want me to do this shyte".

The coach call them in and not one man jog to the coach, everyone of them take they time, some even avoided looking at him. Not good at all. You training in such nice scenery, one would think the mood would be jovial and competitive, but instead is like punishment. These fellas doesn't see how much basic the big stars does do. The mundane part of the game is what does always kill we.

And ah next thing, the lil chirren and dem saying such a nice good morning to the players and only a couple kinda acknowledge the chirren. They will remember the time they see the NT training and they didn't say good morning to them. And yuh wonder why the stands does be empty.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 07:51:22 AM »
We will always struggle to beat any team and the players will always struggle to be any kind of Pro. These fellas have a great disdain for doing the basic things. The lil dynamic stretching men screwing to do that and not even trying, You can see on their face like " I is ah bess baller and you want me to do this shyte".

The coach call them in and not one man jog to the coach, everyone of them take they time, some even avoided looking at him. Not good at all.  You training in such nice scenery, one would think the mood would be jovial and competitive, but instead is like punishment. These fellas doesn't see how much basic the big stars does do. The mundane part of the game is what does always kill we.

And ah next thing, the lil chirren and dem saying such a nice good morning to the players and only a couple kinda acknowledge the chirren. They will remember the time they see the NT training and they didn't say good morning to them. And yuh wonder why the stands does be empty.

>:( >:(

best the media officer don't post no videos, it not helping with exposure at all...just spin it
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:53:39 AM by maxg »

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 09:19:37 AM »

man know they probably aint going to be paid so what yuh think........ ::)
All American

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 09:37:54 AM »

man know they probably aint going to be paid so what yuh think........ ::)
so y they playing ?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>