April 26, 2024, 12:06:09 PM

Author Topic: Importance of Psychology.  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Importance of Psychology.
« on: October 19, 2005, 04:06:30 PM »
E-Mail sent to Flex, the TTFF & T&T supporters.

We as a team and TTFA, would not forget the importance of psychology. Below is a composition based on a forum of Trinidad & Tobago scholars from Morehouse College, currently living abroad and locally.
On a serious tip, I agree with T&T needing a psychologist.  Remember Gally had one on his staff.  I would use him/her for visualization exercises especiallly for the midfielders/forwards who would need to score. Additionally, it will give the team a winning attitude.
Also, not sure if the country realizes but Michael Jackson might be in that crowd or publicly showing support for Bahrain (that is where he lives now via invitation of the prince since his trial). I bring this in not as a trivial factor, but to remind us, that this game might be the last of WC qualifiers - the ENTIRE WORLD (just like November 19th vs USA) will be watching us once again. Michael Jackson's potential involvement could make it a media frenzy, which we as Trinbagonians are not accustomed to and can't handle in our typical nature of being extremely celebratory people. Our opponents are sort of equal to us. We must CALM DOWN. We'll have plenty time to party IF we make it through, plenty. Support yes, but the sort of attitude of using November 12 as a platform for a pre-carnival, that is going to be our sad downfall - remember November 19th?
This is where we need psychologists and experienced personnel (not just the coach) to monitor the whole process step by step towards each game - psychology and not talent on the field, is going to show the most prepared team to Germany, trust me. New horizons, yes, even referees "tiefing" might be a reality, and we better be prepared. This isn't just a game. In WC, it is life and we cannot be in our usual mental as a team and as supporters as far as being relaxed if we up, or being stunned if Bahrain scores first. We have to just keep intensity 120%, and if Yorke bun, or Latas bun, REPLACE them. Men should know what at stake from off the bench, we can't allow "stars" to be on "E" (Empty) with 20 minutes to go if we only up by 1. That will be potential heartbreak.
On the light side - to all the drinkers (ahh...that would be everybody with Trini blood) keep the 10 Cane Rum, Vat 19, Johnny Walker Scotch and Bush Rum closed tight until after November 16th!
Let's not look like "cunoomoonoo" and celebrate again, repeating November 19th. Again, there are not only Trinidadians supporting us, the whole Caribbean and elsewhere, who knows what it means to have an ex-colonial state make it to the WORLD CUP, is again supporting us. Let's not be the ones cry cry cry on the stairs of the National Stadium, while others using the games as an excuse to party, are carrying on with their lives, still partying and even celebrating if we lose - we're a sweet nation, but we should celebrate for only one thing - a place in Germany.
Let us not REPEAT November 19th. Let's show restraint. (kinda like when your girl gone to the bathroom with a long line, and you tempted to take a jok at the saucy rolling bambalam in front of you, tempting yuh all night. You have to show restraint until she come back!)

Trinidad & Tobago Morehouse Association.

Marlon.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: Importance of Psychology.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 04:54:35 PM »
so true why dont we have a psychologist ?? ???
i hope we dont under estimate Bahrain

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 05:55:04 PM »
flex yuh always ontop yuh game boy.we like the commentary.BLESS.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr. Thriller living in Bahrain now
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 01:03:32 AM »
He gone there to have some thrills with "bahrainwilling." 
Dat fella is no Costa Rican.  Dem Costa Ricans like we becz we book dey passage to de last WC...dem have no beef wit we at all.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 01:05:07 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:34:49 AM »
Well yea..... I agree...

Lets take one step at a time.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 07:59:31 AM »
Agreed... But I don't think the team is overconfient...
Beenie and crew, Yorke, Latas, Shaka, Marvin, for sure know better than to underestime anyone at this point... They just didn't win the lottery to get where they were, they played games and did well enogh to be in the playoffs, just like us. They might have had some easy teams but so did we..These men are pro's and I will be more than shocked if we are not prepared or underestimate anyone....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

1]; } ?>