March 29, 2024, 01:25:56 AM

Author Topic: Coaches and Managers Status.  (Read 30383 times)

Dumplingdinho

Re: Finally Mano Menezes got fired
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2012, 07:44:02 PM »
Give Pep the job!

Heard he is one of the 7 or so candidates but i cant see Brazil hiring a foreign coach especially for a world cup they hosting.  I expect Pep to take over at Chelsea when Rafa get fired at the end of the season.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manager/Coaches Status Thread.
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:53 PM »
Sir Alex Ferguson's future as Manchester United manager in doubt
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/07/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united
• Announcement expected soon from Old Trafford
• Players told to prepare for news shortly

Sir Alex Ferguson's future as Manchester United manager was shrouded in doubt on Tuesday evening, with sources claiming that there would be a statement about his position and that the squad had been told to expect an announcement.

Some of the United squad were at a golf day on Tuesday at Dunham Massey, where they played against members of the coaching staff and were told to prepare to receive news regarding their manager.

United's press department could not be reached to confirm or deny the story.

Since leading United to a 20th championship and the 13th of his 27-year reign at the club, the 71-year-old has offered no hint that he may end his tenure. Yet given that since he announced his retirement at the end of the 2001-2 season months ahead of the close of that campaign before performing a U-turn, Ferguson vowed to make any future decision at short notice.

United had earlier confirmed reports that Ferguson is booked in for hip surgery immediately after the club return from their three-week pre-season tour at the end of July. That Ferguson will have his summer break and then travel to Thailand, Australia, Japan and Hong Kong before the operation suggested he was not going to be on the sidelines for too long.

However, United must face either Manchester City or Wigan in the Community Shield at Wembley on 11 August, with their title defence due to begin the following weekend.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:24:49 AM by Flex »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Coaches Status Thread.
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »
That would be a TOUGH act to follow. If he does leave I don't expect the next manager to last more than 3yrs, 5 if he does well.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
Wha go happen when allyuh find out is Jose? lol

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »
Wha go happen when allyuh find out is Jose? lol

Dat is what worrying me. Hopefully he stays on for another year. :praying:

On another note, I dont see why the thread had to be renamed so quickly, I think Sir Alex's resignation deserves its own thread
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:40:38 PM by Ryan »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2013, 07:21:26 PM »
Ferguson likes the man...I feel is Jose..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
Mancini gets the boot from Man City
By ESPN.com news services

LONDON -- Manchester City has fired manager Roberto Mancini after conceding the Premier League title to rival Man United and finishing the season without a trophy.

The club announced the decision Monday on its website.

The Italian is departing after less than four years in charge, having ended the club's 35-year trophy drought by winning the FA Cup in 2011 and then leading the team to its first league title in 44 years the following season.

City has two games remaining this league campaign, the first of which is at Reading on Tuesday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
win or die!!!!. The life of a coach. I like Mancini. I don't care what allyuh say. He is his own man. He will get a next job.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:42 PM »
Mancini WOAHHHHH Mancini WOAHHHHH,
WE WON OUR TROPHY BACK
AND NOW HE'S GOT THE SACK
(X100)

Last year this time "Power Shift in Manchester" Power Shift ? f**k OFF

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2013, 05:17:22 PM »
Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2013, 04:55:47 AM »
Mancini had to go....he didn't know how to "manage" his players.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2013, 05:26:07 AM »
... an observation you've been making a long time now. 

And, it's hard for a manager to restructure his approach to management so he'll be plagued by this likely everywhere unless a board is willing to bend the players to his will. However, in a game of inches, proper "ego stewardship" ... which is what it really comes down to ... is seemingly worth several inches versus a manager's yards of winning silverware.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:42:43 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2013, 06:37:57 AM »
My biggest issue with him was, of course, how he treated Balotelli and also how he and ownership (I'm sure they had a lot to do with it, too) handled the Tevez situation.  To me, he made it a point to show up Balo from on the sidelines whenever Balo was perceived to have done anything wrong on the pitch, or say some sly shit (like the national team's coach did the other day) in the media. The general consensus was that Balo was a cancer in the locker room (which, when you consider that he was a young boy amongst a team of elite veterans, sounds stupid....to me, at least) and so they got rid of him and now he's happy in Italy, scoring goals for Milan that you have to wonder if little things like that might not be among the things that grinding at the owners' craw. It would at mines.  I think his style might be better suited to his own culture in Italy.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2013, 06:55:03 AM »
win or die!!!!. The life of a coach. I like Mancini. I don't care what allyuh say. He is his own man. He will get a next job.

Deeks they all get jobs regardless, its a tight knit circle. Mancini has many good qualities, however, all indications are he has very poor people management skills. At Inter he fell out with almost everyone & had a public row with Luis Figo and the Medical staff. From the outside looking in, one of the things I notice is that it is never his fault.

On another side note Man City as an organization should have handled the situation better
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:44:53 AM by Observer »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2013, 07:23:50 AM »
one of the things I notice is that it is never his fault.

Ah did forget to remember dah one, too, so true. 

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »
Heynckes set to retire
Stephan Uersfeld, Germany Correspondent
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1447071/bayern-munich-boss-jupp-heynckes-set-retire?cc=5901

Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes appeared to end speculation about his future by saying this season would be his last as a coach.

Jupp Heynckes has coached the second most Bundesliga games in history (PA Photos)

That means that Heynckes, 68, has three more games to complete, two of them being the Champions League final and the DFB Pokal final, which could bring the curtain down on his illustrious career with a historic treble.

"Monchengladbach will be my last game as a Bundesliga coach," Heynckes revealed during the club's open media day ahead of the all-German Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund on May 25. "There are no alternatives left in the Bundesliga after two very successful years working of working on the highest level at Bayern Munich.

"What will happen after that, we will have to wait until after our two finals. I will probably say something in June after the German Cup final."

Heynckes had recently been linked with a return to Spain, with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao all mentioned as possible destinations. However, he dismissed the prospect of a move abroad.

"If I was 10 or 15 year younger, I would consider an engagement abroad. But I am getting a bit long in the tooth and the clubs want to enforce a new generation. You can't do that with a 68-year old," he said.

Heynckes will be on the sidelines for the last time during the German Cup Final between Bayern Munich and Stuttgart on June 1. His last Bundesliga game next Saturday will take place in Monchengladbach, where he started his Bundesliga career as a player in 1965 and made his first steps as coach in 1979.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City after seven years in charge

21 May 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22614097

Manager Tony Pulis has left Stoke City following talks with chairman Peter Coates on Tuesday.
Pulis's future has been in doubt for some time and he has been told the club feels the time is right for him to leave after seven years in charge.

The 55-year-old was appointed Potters boss for a second time in 2006, and two years later he guided the club to the top flight after a 23-year absence.

Stoke have just finished 13th in their fifth Premier League campaign.

Pulis was the subject of unrest from some fans towards the end of the season as Stoke flirted with relegation, but the Welshman stated on several occasions that Premier League survival remained the club's main objective.

Stoke made a strong start to the campaign and were just four points off the top four on 1 December. However, they only managed four league wins in 23 subsequent league matches, suffering 11 defeats.
Former England international Michael Owen, who has retired from playing after a season at Stoke, praised Pulis on Twitter, writing: "No denying he did a great job getting them to the Premier League and keeping them there".

Pulis becomes the 56th manager to leave his job since the start of the 2012-13 season.
He first took over at Stoke in 2002 and stayed for three years before a season at Plymouth. He returned to the Potteries in 2006 and gained promotion to the Premier League in the second season of his second spell in charge.

Stoke never finished lower than 14th in five top-flight campaigns under Pulis and he led the club to their first FA Cup final in 2011, when they lost 1-0 to Manchester City. The defeat still offered a route into the Europa League, where Stoke were beaten in the last 32 by Spanish side Valencia.

During his second spell at the club, the former Bournemouth and Bristol City manager guided his side to 122 wins in 333 games.

Ahead of Stoke's 1-1 draw at Southampton on the final day of the season, Pulis expressed his desire to remain at the club next season.

Stoke's direct and physical style of football often drew criticism from other supporters and managers, and the club appear to be set to embark on a new direction, with director of football John Rudge also leaving this summer

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
Good riddance
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
Napoli names Rafa Benitez coach
Associated Press
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1462016/napoli-names-rafa-benitez-new-coach?cc=5901

NAPLES, Italy -- Rafael Benitez was announced as Napoli's new coach Monday after concluding his interim spell at Chelsea.

Napoli president and film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis made the announcement as promised on his personal Twitter account, calling Benitez "a man of great international experience. A leader."

Benitez reportedly signed a two-year deal worth 3.5 million euros ($4.5 million) per season.

Benitez led Chelsea to the Europa League title earlier this month and formerly coached Inter Milan in Serie A for the first half of 2010-11. The Spaniard has also managed Valencia and Liverpool.

Walter Mazzarri resigned as Napoli coach eight days ago and signed with Inter.

Napoli finished second in Serie A to qualify for next season's Champions League group phase.

Benitez's first order of business with Napoli will be to convince star forward Edinson Cavani to stay. The Uruguay forward led Serie A with 29 goals this season but appears interested in a transfer.

Distrusted by Chelsea fans following his tenure at Liverpool, Benitez never settled in after he was hired on a seven-month contract in November to replace Roberto Di Matteo, who was fired six months after leading the London club to its first Champions League title.

Outgoing Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is expected to return to Chelsea for a second stint to coach the team.

Besides the Europa League title, Benitez guided the Blues to the semifinals of the FA Cup and League Cup and a third-place finish in the Premier League, ensuring the club's 11th straight Champions League appearance.

Napoli will be playing in the Champions League for the second time in three seasons, and De Laurentiis will want to see improvement following the southern club's impressive return to the elite competition in 2011-12 in which it reached the second round before being eliminated by Chelsea.

Napoli is also aiming to win Serie A for the first time since Diego Maradona led the team to its only Italian league titles in 1987 and 1990.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2013, 10:05:30 PM »
... Ah feel Cavani should leave.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »
I always thought Rafa was suited to the Italian style of football or catenacio, as it is called.  I think he's come back a better manager, who has learned to single out good performers and give them the recognition they yearn for.  He's probably the best pure tactician of all the big name coaches out there.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »
Martinez has left Wigan.. speaking with Everton.. good choice

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »
Mourinho 'signs' Chelsea deal
ESPN staff
May 30, 2013

Jose Mourinho has signed a deal to become the new Chelsea manager, according to a report in the Sun.

Mourinho and Chelsea have appeared destined to reunite for some time, with the Portuguese repeatedly tantalising the media with comments about his future.

The already raging fire was fuelled when it was confirmed Mourinho would be leaving Real Madrid, since when he has gone somewhat quiet.

Mourinho was seen at Wembley watching the Championship play-off final between Crystal Palace and Watford on Monday and the Sun is claiming that during his recent visit to London he signed a contract to take charge of the Blues.

The report claims Mourinho has put his name to a four-year contract worth £40 million, with 'a senior Blues source' quoted as saying: "It's official Jose is a Chelsea man again!

"Everyone is delighted he's coming back - the club, the players and the fans.

"We are already looking forward to next season; we are sure it's going to be very exciting."

It is being claimed that Chelsea will unveil Mourinho as their new manager next week, following Madrid's final game of the season against Osasuna this weekend.

Chelsea fans will hope for similar success to when Mourinho was previously in charge of the Blues. He won six trophies between 2004 and 2007.

When contacted, Chelsea declined to comment on the report.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/209678.html#Bz21zKbitTLm8iOK.99

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Which club manager will be under the most pressure this season?
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
So many new managers...so many expectations. United, Man City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, Bayern, the list goes on. Whose gonna bend, whose gonna break and whose gonna come out like a boss?
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which club manager will be under the most pressure this season?
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »
hmm though call....
i think moyes will be under the least amt of pressure from that list.

The most pressure might be Real.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which club manager will be under the most pressure this season?
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
Moyes!

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »
http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Glovers-boss-heads-European-giants/story-19122674-detail/story.html

Former Jabloteh coach in the big league with Panathinaikos.

The donzi go be in the £50k+/week range.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
David Moyes
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2013, 05:40:24 AM »
I have to admire David Moyes.

He spent 11 long hard years trying to get Everton above Man Utd in the EPL.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED    :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sorry to all the Man U guys....I couldn't resist it!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2013/14 Coaches Status Thread.
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2014, 03:11:23 PM »
Clarence Seedorf to coach Milan
By Ben Gladwell, Italy Correspondent

Seedorf: "There's a special feeling for AC Milan"

Clarence Seedorf has announced he is to retire from playing with immediate effect to replace sacked manager Massimiliano Allegri at AC Milan.

Seedorf, 37, has been released from his playing contract with Botafogo to allow him to pursue a coaching career with the Rossoneri, who parted company with Allegri on Monday in the wake of Sunday's 4-3 defeat at Sassuolo.

The loss left Milan languishing in 11th place in the table, 30 points behind league leaders Juventus and 20 points outside the Champions League places.

"I want to announce that I'm ending my playing career," Seedorf said at a news conference in Brazil. "It has been a difficult night for me, but I end satisfied with what I have achieved in my career. I want to thank everybody at Botafogo. This experience will help me a lot in my next step, which will be as coach of Milan."

"Football is part of my life, but it is not all of my life. I knew it would come to an end sooner or later. This is a new challenge, but I'm relaxed about it."

Seedorf returns to a club which was in a much healthier position when he left. He left in the summer of 2012 after Milan finished second to Juventus. He spent 10 years as a player at Milan, winning the Champions League twice.

Allegri was made to pay for an enduring bad spell of form, thus hastening Seedorf's anticipated summer arrival at the club. The Dutchman was contacted by Milan president Silvio Berlusconi immediately.

"Given my relationship with president Berlusconi, when he called me yesterday, I couldn't say no," said Seedorf.

"If I could have played on another five years, I would have stayed here because Botafogo have a young, competitive team. We've improved not only technically, but also as a team. Even after me, Botafogo will remain great."

Seedorf is due to arrive in Milan in time to see them face Spezia in the Coppa Italia on Wednesday evening. Mauro Tassotti will take charge of the team for the game, and he has already wished his successor all the best.

"Certainly Seedorf is not lacking the ability to do well," he said at a news conference in Milan. "He has a great personality and this will help him a great deal. I have no particular advice for Seedorf. He knows the club as well as I do. If he wants to know more about the situation of the players, then I'd be only too happy to oblige."

Seedorf's next step will be to bid farewell to his Botafogo players before boarding a plane to Milan, to embark on the next chapter in his footballing career.

"I wish I could hug all the fans one by one," said Seedorf. "My last game, scoring a goal, was incredible. I still have time to hug all of my teammates and I want to thank everybody at Botafogo."

Botafogo's president Mauricio Assumpcao also wanted to thank him, presenting the Dutchman with a framed photo, wishing him "good luck" in Italian. "We wanted him to stay with us, but football is gaining a great coach," he said. "People are going to be chasing Milan in future."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 Coaches Status Thread.
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2014, 06:31:22 PM »
I think Seedorf has been one of the greatest and strongest. This man play thru it all. I wish him all the best.

1]; } ?>