April 19, 2024, 02:14:58 AM

Author Topic: Coaches and Managers Status.  (Read 30486 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 Coaches Status Thread.
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »
WTF! Didn't expect this!
Swansea fires manager Michael Laudrup
Premier League club Swansea fired Michael Laudrup on Tuesday, with the widely-admired manager paying the price for a slump in the year since winning the League Cup...
More here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/swansea-fires-manager-michael-laudrup-1.2523111
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 Coaches Status Thread.
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »
WTF! Didn't expect this!
Swansea fires manager Michael Laudrup
Premier League club Swansea fired Michael Laudrup on Tuesday, with the widely-admired manager paying the price for a slump in the year since winning the League Cup...
More here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/swansea-fires-manager-michael-laudrup-1.2523111

From the time he didn't land KJ..I thought he coocoo was cook   ;)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sacked football managers: Where are the clubs now?
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2014, 04:42:39 AM »
Interesting that only Crystal Palace has improved their position.

http://www.bbc.com/newsbeat/26920629
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sacked football managers: Where are the clubs now?
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2014, 06:38:29 AM »
Interesting that only Crystal Palace has improved their position.

http://www.bbc.com/newsbeat/26920629

No surprise - none of those replacements, except maybe Palace, were particularly inspired.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kluivert To Be Named Curaçao Boss
« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »
Kluivert To Be Named Curaçao Boss
By Michael Bell (Curaçao Chronicle)

Kluivert left for Curaçao on Wednesday and will be presented as their new head coach on Thursday, in what will be the former Ajax, Barcelona and Newcastle United striker’s first job as a head coach.

The 38-year-old has held youth coaching positions with FC Twente, and PSV, while between 2012 and 2014 he was assistant to Louis van Gaal with Netherlands.

Curaçao became a member of FIFA in 2010 after Netherlands Antilles was dissolved, and are currently ranked 160th in the world. The Caribbean nation failed to qualify for the 2014 World Cup after finishing third in the second round group stage, behind Haiti and Antigua and Bermuda.

Kluivert will be handed the task of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup, and will have a number of Eredivisie players at his disposal with Twente defender Cuco Martina, Excelsior forward Guyon Fernandez, and Willem II’s Charlton Vicento all available for selection.

Curaçao start their qualifying campaign for the 2018 World Cup at the end of March with a first round tie against Montserrat, which will be Kluivert’s first game in charge. If they get past that tie they will then face Cuba in the next round.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kluivert To Be Named Curaçao Boss
« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2015, 06:55:21 PM »
curious about the situation in Suriname regarding the  dual citizenship law  :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kluivert To Be Named Curaçao Boss
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »
They need fifteen players from Holland...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Patrick Kluivert hopes to make unlikely World Cup history with Curaçao
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2015, 05:13:30 AM »
Patrick Kluivert hopes to make unlikely World Cup history with Curaçao
Nine months after reaching the World Cup semi-finals with Holland, family ties have tempted Kluivert to coach the tiny Caribbean island – and the players have followed

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/28/patrick-kluivert-world-cup-history-curacao

There may be a parallel universe in which Patrick Kluivert can be found stalking the Old Trafford touchline with Louis van Gaal every other week, but the present cosmos will do nicely enough for now. The Caribbean island of Curaçao is best known for its blue seas, white beaches and the liqueur that bears its name, and if the former Holland striker has his way then it might yet add football to that list. Kluivert is one of Curaçao’s most celebrated descendants and he has eschewed more mainstream coaching offers in an attempt to win the tiny state an unlikely place at Russia 2018.

“My mother is from the island and I really want to give something back to it – that is why I am here,” he tells the Observer from the national team’s base in Willemstad, the capital city. “The federation asked me if I was interested in the job of head coach and I didn’t have to think. I still have a lot of family here and feel a strong connection with the place. It seems like home, and that was a big part of it for me.”

Kluivert is on an informal contract that will, in all likelihood, last for as long as the former Dutch colony’s World Cup campaign. That effort began in the early hours of Saturday morning with a 2-1 victory against Montserrat in Willemstad, leaving Kluivert’s team in a strong position before Tuesday’s first qualifying round second leg. It takes some suspension of disbelief to absorb that he is here when, nine months ago on Sunday, he was assisting Van Gaal in Fortaleza as the Oranje defeated Mexico to reach the World Cup quarter-finals. Surely that alone was enough to burnish his CV as a budding manager?

“I had offers from some clubs after that, and also the Ghana national team,” he says. “But I’m a sensitive person and if the feeling isn’t good I’m not doing it. The feeling I had about working with the people here on the island was very good and that was the most important thing when making my decision.”

Had he hoped that one of those clubs might be Manchester United? The lines can be read between. “Louis wanted to have Ryan Giggs in my position and I could understand his decision – he wanted someone who knows the club very well. He also said to me: ‘Patrick, it’s now time for you to stand on your own feet,’ and that’s why I didn’t join Manchester United. So I have made a different step towards the top and I see it as a perfect one towards being head coach of a good club team. It is a nice challenge and I’m taking it very seriously – it has come at the perfect moment for me.”

The thought occurs that Kluivert is the latest in a line of lavishly talented black Dutch footballers to feel energised for a shot at management. Ruud Gullit and Frank Rijkaard both had chances at the highest level with mixed results; Clarence Seedorf was given a brief opportunity with Milan last year; Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is succeeding at Burton; even Edgar Davids’ spell at Barnet suggested a confidence that is not necessarily shared by British counterparts.

Kluivert’s current hand includes a squad bolstered by Netherlands-based players who fell over themselves to commit after his appointment was confirmed. There may be a place, too, for the Brighton and former Holland Under-21 midfielder Kemy Agustien. Curaçao is, in Fifa terms, the successor to Netherlands Antilles – a country that was dissolved in 2010 and of which Curaçao was a constituent part. The obvious parallels to draw would be those of Russia and Serbia, who assumed the places held by the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia respectively after those states were dissolved. There is a sense that this is an opportunity for the country to find itself a new niche on the football map.

“I think I’ve had quite an influence on the players who have joined the national team because in the past they didn’t always come,” says Kluivert. “From the moment I took the job, people wanted to join us and that’s a very good thing. I hope to make a difference here.

“I know I’ll be working with good-quality players because many have come from Holland and they know the Dutch way of playing. They are of a high standard and I think if you teach them the right system they can do very well. It is important to have them, but it is equally necessary to have good players based on the island itself and there is some great talent here. If we can combine the two and have everyone facing in the same direction then there are good possibilities.”

He will not say whether those include a remarkable run through the labyrinthine Concacaf qualifiers. It is a region with previous for fairytale stories – Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago and Haiti have all made it through before – but Curaçao will face Cuba in June if they complete the job in Montserrat, with a further knockout round and two group stages still in prospect thereafter.

“I’m not going to predict anything, I’m just going match after match, trying to analyse our opponents well and to prepare the team. We’ll aim to play organised, offensive, attractive football and go for the win every time, but I’m not a person who likes to aim for big targets. We’re just looking to go as far as possible.”
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Manager/Coach Status Thread.
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »
Miguel Herrera is out as Mexico national team manager
By Conor Dowley (sbnation.com).

The speculation is over: Miguel Herrera is out as the manager of the Mexican national team, having been fired after a vote by the Mexican Football Federation board of governors.

First reported by ESPN's John Sutcliffe, the news comes just a day after Herrera is alleged to have attacked an Azteca TV reporter at Philadelphia International Airport, which itself came the morning after Mexico's 3-1 triumph over Jamaica to win the CONCACAF Gold Cup. While winning trophies is always excellent, attacking reporters is not, and so it was that Mexico and El Piojo -- "the Louse" -- had to part ways after the startling incident.

Herrera was a fiery and passionate competitor on the pitch in his playing days, and that energy carried over into his managerial career as well. Herrera was a successful manager at club level in Liga MX before being given a chance as the interim manager of the national team two years ago after a spell when Mexico were running through managers almost every other match.

He was given the task of winning Mexico's World Cup playoff qualifier against New Zealand in order to reach the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, which Herrera did with ease, earning him the job on a full-time basis. Herrera then got Mexico through a tough group that included Brazil and Croatia. but they fell controversially in the round of 16 to the Netherlands.

Things have been a little rougher for Mexcio in recent months, as players aging and getting injured have left Herrera's squad quite thin. A poor showing in the Copa America earlier this summer put Herrera's job at risk, but he recovered by winning the Gold Cup trophy -- and then Herrera threw everything away when he threw that alleged punch.

The manager's energy and enthusiasm on the touchline was always a joy to behold, with sights like this not at all uncommon after big moments in Mexico's matches:

But all the enthusiasm in the world doesn't change reality: you just can't go around punching people. There are consequences for that, and the consequence for Herrera was losing his job.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:05 PM »
Just heard it; am not one bit surprise they gone with Herrera wicket. He had to much hanging over his head and that was a perfect excuse to get rid of him. The general Mexican community here was always complaining about him. When in come to Mexican football they are the most difficult people to please. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:30:45 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guardiola to join Man City
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
Saw this headline trending online

Edit Source: http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-city/story/2798485/guardiola-confirmed-as-pellegrini-successor-at-man-city

MANCHESTER, England -- Manager Manuel Pellegrini will leave Manchester City at the end of the season and be replaced by Pep Guardiola.

Pellegrini revealed at the end of Monday's news conference that he has agreed to part ways with the club on June 30. Manchester City confirmed that Bayern Munich coach Guardiola will take charge for the start of the 2016-17 season.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Nigerian coaches .....
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2016, 01:22:15 PM »
wow, just noticed two football coaches (amodu and keshi) that coached Nigeria passed away last month within days of each other.

check this carousel (credit wikipedia):

Jack Finch (1949)
Elliot Williams (1954–1956)
Les Courtier (1956–1960)
Dominic Taylor (1960–1961)
George Vardar (1961–1963)
Joey Blackwell (1963–1964)
Daniel Anyiam (1964–1965)
József Ember (1965–1968)
Sabino Barinaga (1968–1969)
Peter 'Eto' Amaechina (1969–1970)
Karl-Heinz Marotzke (1970–1971)
Jorge Penna (1972–1973)
Karl-Heinz Marotzke (1974)
Tihomir Jelisavčić (1974–1978)
Otto Glória (1979–1982)
Gottlieb Göller (1981)
Festus Onigbinde (1983–1984)
Chris Udemezue (1984–1986)
Patrick Ekeji (1985)
Paul Hamilton (1987–1989)
Manfred Hoener (1988–1989)
Clemens Westerhof (1989–1994)
Shaibu Amodu (1994–1995)
Jo Bonfrere (1995–1996)
Shaibu Amodu (1996–1997)
Philippe Troussier (1997)
Monday Sinclair (1997–1998)
Bora Milutinović (1998)
Thijs Libregts (1999)
Jo Bonfrere (1999–2001)
Shaibu Amodu (2001–2002)
Festus Onigbinde (2002)
Christian Chukwu (2002–2005)
Augustine Eguavoen (2005–2007)
Berti Vogts (2007–2008)
James Peters (2008)
Shaibu Amodu (2008–2010)
Lars Lagerbäck (2010)
Augustine Eguavoen (2010)
Samson Siasia (2010–2011)
Stephen Keshi (2011–2014)
Shaibu Amodu (2014)
Stephen Keshi (2014)
Daniel Amokachi (2014–2015)
Stephen Keshi (2015)
Shaibu Amodu (2015)
Sunday Oliseh (2015–2016)
Samson Siasia (2016)
Salisu Yusuf (2016)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allardyce gone already. England Fiasco
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »
Well at least he have ah 100% record.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »
he self...watch the chupid stan up you go get ketch in bout circumvent the FA
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »
Well at least he have ah 100% record.

:devil:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2016, 01:55:58 PM »
This has to be an English record for tenure of a national coach.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2016, 06:19:44 PM »
Southgate wasn't silly enough to say no at the second bite.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »
Honestly, if I was in Gareth shoes, I would take it. England don't have issues with their FA, venues, getting friendlies or resources. Their problem is not enough talent to challenge their peers in Euro. He might just be the man to put England on track. Who knows. Like Trump said, "there is nothing to lose".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:01:06 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coaches and Managers Status.
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
Soccer Talk
By Paul Gardner, Soccer America.

Poor Sam Allardyce. Well, maybe. Depends how you see things. Not long ago, Allardyce was one of the few English coaches in the English Premier League ... he had a lowly job with a lowly team -- Sunderland, which he just managed to save from relegation last season. But that background -- really, nothing more than showing he's good at teaching a poor team how to play survival soccer -- was enough to get Allardyce his dream job.

It happened quickly. On June 27 England was knocked out of Euro 2016, beaten by Iceland. A result so utterly humiliating that Coach Roy Hodgson resigned immediately. Within a month, Allardyce was installed as his replacement.

A hasty decision for sure, but maybe none the worse for that. Allardyce had been known to tout his own suitability for the job. After all, he had enormous experience of English soccer, he knew the players, and he was decidedly English.

That last point seemed important. England had appointed its first-ever foreign coach in 2001, the Swede Sven-Goran Eriksson. A move that offended many, who termed it a humiliation and an insult to the English game and in particular to English coaches.

Eriksson, having accomplished very little, departed in 2006, replaced by Steve McClaren, an Englishman. But McClaren flopped badly and lasted only 18 games. In 2008 the Italian Fabio Capello arrived.

Another highly paid foreigner and therefore not widely popular. Capello lasted until 2011. His teams won 28 out of 42 games and produced a goal difference of +54. Which ain't at all bad. Except that it didn't get England any nearer to winning the World Cup, which was the aim, albeit a fading one, of appointing expensive foreign coaches.

So, once again, the English FA decided that an English coach was necessary. Enter Roy Hodgson, whose qualifications for the post always seemed slender. But his results, like Capello's, were quite good ... until that disastrous loss to Iceland. A coach who couldn't beat Iceland was never going to lead England to World Cup glory.

And so we arrive at Sam Allardyce, who at once let it be known that this was the best of all possible worlds for him: "I am extremely honored to be appointed England manager especially as it is no secret that this is the role I have always wanted ... For me, it is absolutely the best job in English football." At nearly $4 million a year, the salary no doubt looked good, too.

But there were clear reasons for questioning the appointment. Not least because it looked too close to being a re-run of Hodgson. Hodgson had taken over at age 65; Allardyce is a tad younger at 61, but both belong to the "older" generation. Can they really understand the modern game, never mind the modern players?

Hodgson did his best to appear more modern, bringing in younger players, but it would be stretching things to say that his teams looked like a new more streamlined England. There was always a hint of same-ness, even staleness, about Hodgson's teams.

Hodgson did have one huge advantage over Allardyce. International experience. He had coached in Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, the UAE, and Finland. He had been the national team coach of Finland and Switzerland, taking the Swiss to the 1994 World Cup. Against that, Allardyce could offer only a career that -- apart from short spells with Limerick in Ireland and 11 games with the Tampa Bay Rowdies in the old NASL -- was based entirely in England.

There was one other fault in Allardyce's portfolio, one that probably ought to have worried the FA. In 2006 Allardyce had been accused in a BBC documentary of taking "bungs" from agents -- i.e. payments in return for which he made sure that his club signed players who were on the agent's books. Allardyce denied everything. A later investigation found no evidence of bribes, but stated that he had a "conflict of interest."

Considering that the FA states that its own aims are "the highest standards on and off the field. Nothing less is acceptable," it is surprising that more attention was not given to Allardyce's history.

Then, on Sept. 26, came the bombshell. The newspaper The Telegraph published the results of an undercover investigation it had been conducting for 10 months into corruption and bung-taking in English soccer. A huge photo of Allardyce and a bold-type headline proclaiming "England Manager Sam Allardyce for Sale" dominated the paper's front page.

The gist of the Telegraph's revelation was that Allardyce had agreed to meet with people who he believed to be "businessmen" representing a cash-loaded Far East firm anxious to get in on the player transfer market. The businessmen were really Telegraph journalists.

Allardyce had been filmed making extraordinarily incautious remarks about how easy it was to circumvent the rules against third-party ownership of players -- rules that his own employers, the FA, were enforcing. He then stated that the FA was "all about money" and called them "stupid" for spending £870 million on rebuilding Wembley Stadium.

All of that could almost be dismissed as Allardyce, new to the most powerful job in his career, simply showing off. But greed also entered the picture -- Allardyce was under the impression he was also negotiating a £400,000 ($514,000) job with the fictitious Far East firm, to act as their "ambassador" and deliver the occasional keynote speech.

This was all way too much for the FA. Within 24 hours Allardyce had been fired -- officially, had agreed to an amicable parting. Indeed. Allardyce is reported to have been granted a £1 million severance payment. Count me among those who cannot see any reason at all why the FA should be giving Allardyce money. His tenure of the job, his dream job, had lasted just 67 days. He had coached only one England game, a labored 1-0 win over Slovakia. A result that will enable him to go down in the records as the only England coach to have a 100 percent winning record.

So the FA's search for a coach continues. The arguments pro and con a foreign coach are circulating again. For now, the interim coach is Gareth Southgate, certainly younger (46) but with litte coaching experience: three years at Middlesbrough, which saw the club relegated, since then, Southgate has coached the England under-21 and under-20 teams.

There are few, pitifully few, other English candidates. Maybe Eddie Howe at Bournemouth. But not really.

Foreigners? Yes. Arsene Wenger for a start, who is French but has coached in England for 20 years and might therefore be considered half English. Wenger has given coy, non-commital answers when asked if he's interested. The Argentine Mauricio Pochettino, also coaching in England, says he's not interested. The name of another Argentine, Diego Simeone, has come up -- his contract with Atletico Madrid ends with the season. Jurgen Klinsmann has been mentioned. If only. His appointment might not redress England's problems, but it would go a long way toward solving the USA's.

And there you have it. Allardyce, having been, as he put it, "silly," has fled to his villa in Benidorm, Spain.

So, as I asked when I began, is it "poor Sam Allardyce"? Should we feel sorry for this man who has seen his dream job suddenly swept away from him? He has apologized to the FA for what he admits was "an error of judgment on my part ... a silly thing to do"?

But was it merely silly? Allardyce has been pilloried in the British press, not for being silly, but mostly for "naked greed" and selfishness.

There is another possible factor: naivete. That seems unlikely in a 61-year old who has spent his entire career working within English soccer. Yet how else to explain his willingness to meet people he did not know and to discuss openly with them obviously shady topics and to mock his own employers?

That scenario becomes even more inexplicable when one recalls that virtually the same deception (getting him to talk openly with undercover journalists claiming to represent wealthy interests) was practiced on Ericksson in 2006. How could Allardyce not be aware of that?

There is also the perplexing fact that, while discussing the £400,000 "ambassador" job, Allardyce is on tape as saying that he would have to run the idea past his employers -- the FA.

That, alongside his blindness to the similarity of his experience to the Eriksson incident, sounds like extraordinary naivete. Either that, or blatant hubris.

As he headed for Spain, Allardyce remarked that "Entrapment has won on this occasion." Entrapment is generally regarded as reprehensible, an unfair, maybe illegal, way of incriminating someone. The police, aware of the problems surrounding entrapment, like to distinguish it from "enticement": entrapment involves luring some one into nefarious actions he would not otherwise have committed, while enticement is seen merely as providing the opportunity for some one to do things he is only too willing to do.

By that definition, Allardyce looks much more like a willing victim of enticement. Which does not make him a criminal. At the moment, it seems that he has broken no rules, nor committed any crime.

But the London police are investigating Allardyce (it is not clear what their interest is), and the FA will surely take action against Allardyce -- probably a limited banishment from soccer for "bringing the game into disrepute."

Naivete, stupidity, hubris and greed are all part of this mess. Plus something else: Allardyce has always come over as a gregarious, affable man who liked talking to people. He has always been good at interviews. He is a good speaker -- indeed, keynote speech-giving was part of the lure of that £400,000 ambassador job.

In short, talking comes easily to Allardyce. Too easily in this case. When it was clearly time to shut up, Allardyce simply kept talking. And was taped doing so.

I'll admit to feeling some sympathy for Big Sam. Being naive and stupid and too mouthy are not crimes. But greed may be, and is nasty business anyway. It is greed that most flavors this whole mess. How can a man earning £3 million a year seek another £400,000 from people he doesn't even know?

His actions -- whether stupid or sinister -- have caused a lot of problems for other people. No doubt losing the England job -- the job he had "always wanted" -- is a huge punishment for Allardyce himself, but in the end I find I have little sympathy left.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2016, 10:00:59 PM »
Coaches are dropping left and right from this sting. These Journalist went in.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Klinsman Fired
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2016, 08:36:00 PM »
Anyone looking for a German coach? This news will give fire to the many supporters calling for Coach Hart head. Landon Donovan must be smiling somewhere.

Blessings
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:00:07 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsman Fired
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2016, 06:09:12 AM »
I love the BBC report which says that they  brought Klinsman to play the free flowing German style of Football but the USA players just could not play that way. So Klinsman brought in Germany based players and the USA players did not like it so trouble in the Camp. Trouble brewing at home as well The Medical staff resigned- Hart not listening to the Doctor , lack of professional respect so he and his deputy
 rode off into the sunset. Latapy here we come. Same shit another day- Sorry that language is unbecoming of me , so let me put it this way- The more things change the more they stay the same.
 Tolerance is sinister when it reflects indifference but Anger is good when it reflects concern.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2016, 06:46:40 AM »
Hearing that they may bring back Bruce Arena. Back to the mechanical albeit successful approach from the 2000s.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2016, 07:52:15 AM »
Lower St.John!! Whey you resurrect from. Is years. How things in St.John?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »
Deeks - Things cool. I regularly visit the site and read up on the views of the Newbies. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I was hoping for a trip to Russia and got caught up in the quick reaction of the US Federation to firing Klinsman after two losses knowing full well that they will qualify for the World Cup.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
Arena added Dave Sarachan, Pat Noonan, and Kenny Arena -- his son -- as assistant coaches. His goalkeeping coach will be Matt Reis.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2017, 04:28:32 PM »
Claudio Ranieri sacked by Leicester 298 days after Premier League title win.
ESPN Staff.

Leicester City have sacked Claudio Ranieri just nine months after he led the club to their first Premier League title.

Ranieri guided Leicester to the most unlikely of title wins last season and went on to win FIFA's Coach of the Year for the achievement.

However, Ranieri and Leicester have struggled this season, with the club sitting just one point and one position above the relegation zone, having failed to score a single league goal in 2017.

Leicester are still in with a chance of qualifying for the quarterfinals of the Champions League following Wednesday's 2-1 round-of-16 first-leg defeat to Sevilla, but the club have opted to remove Ranieri ahead of Monday's Premier League clash against Liverpool.

A Leicester statement read: "Leicester City Football Club has tonight [Thursday] parted company with its first team manager, Claudio Ranieri.

"Claudio, appointed City manager in July 2015, led the Foxes to the greatest triumph in the club's 133-year history last season, as we were crowned champions of England for the first time. His status as the most successful Leicester City manager of all time is without question.

"However, domestic results in the current campaign have placed the club's Premier League status under threat, and the board reluctantly feels that a change of leadership, while admittedly painful, is necessary in the club's greatest interest."

Leicester were favourites to be relegated upon Ranieri's appointment, having been involved in a relegation fight the season before under Nigel Pearson.

However, inspired by players including Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and N'Golo Kante, Leicester went on to challenge at the top of the table, eventually seeing off Tottenham to the title.

But Leicester were unable to keep hold of Kante in the summer, with the midfielder leaving for Chelsea, while Vardy and Mahrez have struggled to replicate last season's form, contributing to Leicester's decline.

Leicester issued Ranieri a vote of confidence earlier this month, saying he had their "unwavering support," but vice chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said it was in the best interests of the club for the 65-year-old to be dismissed.

Srivaddhanaprabha said: "This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City. But we are duty-bound to put the club's long-term interests above all sense of personal sentiment, no matter how strong that might be.

"Claudio has brought outstanding qualities to his office. His skilful management, powers of motivation and measured approach have been reflective of the rich experience we always knew he would bring to Leicester City. His warmth, charm and charisma have helped transform perceptions of the club and develop its profile on a global scale. We will forever be grateful to him for what he has helped us to achieve.

"It was never our expectation that the extraordinary feats of last season should be replicated this season. Indeed, survival in the Premier League was our first and only target at the start of the campaign. But we are now faced with a fight to reach that objective and feel a change is necessary to maximise the opportunity presented by the final 13 games."

Leicester were dumped out of the FA Cup last weekend by League One side Millwall, who were reduced to 10 men, and Ranieri hit out at his players after the game.

"I want to speak again with the players and say we have to fight every match," Ranieri said. "Who wants to fight? Tell me. I need the soldiers, I need the gladiators."

Assistant manager Craig Shakespeare and first-team coach Mike Stowell, meanwhile, will take charge of the Leicester squad until a new manager is appointed.

Ranieri's assistant manager and first-team coach Paolo Benetti, as well as his first-team sport science and conditioning coach Andrea Azzalin, have also departed with him.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
so sad........from ecstasy one season to fighting for your life the next is remarkable........even with the strife at chelsea relegation was never really a possibility, but Leicester wow......
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2017, 05:00:09 PM »
Two words,,,,, N'Golo Kanté..... they just couldn't fill the gap he left.... the man covers 3 players position. That means, a skillful but weak Riyad Mahrez had to unearth his defensive duties and that is something he's not good at, it also took away his game going forward. Even Jamie Vardy, Robert Huth and Marc Albrighton had more on their plate compare to last year. The flat-footed Morgan looks tired, still hungover from last year. It's difficult for a small team to compete in 3 major tournaments (FA, EPL and CL).... though Claudio Ranieri coaches to careful at times, he should have been given some money to beef up his team because he did put Leicester City Football Club on the map, something they may never accomplish in their lifetime,,,,, ever...

1]; } ?>