April 27, 2024, 02:22:21 AM

Author Topic: U-23 manager informs stadium management of locker room break in  (Read 1841 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-23 manager informs stadium management of locker room break in
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has written to the management of the Hasely Crawford Stadium informing them of a break in to the Locker Room used by the National Under 23 Men’s team during a training session on Sunday morning.

Following a session which commenced shortly around 8am and ended at 11:45am, it was discovered that cash amounting to $1,090 and two blackberry phones were missing.

Team manager Norris Ferguson stated that the dressing room is under the protection of stadium security. All national teams utilize the dressing rooms at the Stadium for its training sessions and the respective rooms are always under supervision of security personnel at the venue.
“It should be noted that these items were left in the dressing room provided by the Stadium Management, and were under the direct supervision of the security personnel,” Ferguson stated.

“I wish to further state that we were very unhappy that such an incident could take place when the dressing room area was supposed to be on lock down.”

Ferguson added that while the discovery raised an alarm among the Team staff and players, there was no particular unruly behavior between team members and the Stadium personnel.  He remains hopeful that the Stadium management will look towards a resolution which would involve compensation for the lost items.

The team has been training on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at the Hasely Crawford Stadium for several weeks.
T&T are  currently preparing for 2012 Olympic qualifiers. They  travel to Dominica to contest the Caribbean Football Union group phase of the Olympic qualifiers from July 20-24.

T&T will come up against  Dominica and the Netherlands Antilles. Cuba will host Guyana and Aruba in Group C to begin the first round of Caribbean Olympic qualifying for men June 23-27.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-23 manager informs stadium management of locker room break in
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:16:33 PM »
why we u23 players have blackberry

that is the real question.

These men supposed to be broke scrunting players, they wasting money on black berry?

back in the day when players need to play hard to get money to survive men used to be motivated.

Nowadays men living comfortable so motivation is gone.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:22:21 PM »

These men supposed to be broke scrunting players, they wasting money on black berry?

back in the day when players need to play hard to get money to survive men used to be motivated.

FYI a Black Berry is the upgraded ME 2. Evrybody and they brudder have a BB.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »

Why d u23 players can't have blackberry?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »

???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
This thread reminds me about the forest and the trees.... ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
ah kinda understand how KND2 feeling, because I was like this 25-30 years ago..when meh padna hit meh up with how this country(TT) is something else, He cyah get ah damn Satellite dish to buy, he have to send foreign, he know bout 10 ppl get theirs ahready, an he was in the police service..at the time me not knowing no one in North America that could afford one ....KND I too know quite a few ppl here who won't afford a BB or Iphone or a plain cell for that matter, if they want to reach yuh is land line and/or make arrangements...but KND, I learned then 30 yrs ago, priorities in TT was not way I left, were very different and thus so does their demands and percieved needs.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 06:14:14 AM »

What the hell u talking about??

What's next? What U23 players doing with more than one pair of sneakers?

Almost everybody and they mother have a bberry in trinidad
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 08:18:18 AM »

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »

Almost everybody and they mother have a bberry in trinidad

That was my first reaction to the comment too.

But I think I understand where he coming from. I don't think this is a comment about u23 footballers, as much as is a comment about how young people spend their money.

Is like when I was home for carnival a couple years back, I know people who making $2k-3k a month but buying carnival costumes, VIP Beyonce tickets, all-inclusive fete tickets and expensive clothes. I watch them and think the same thing.

(I assuming) KND assumes that since these fellas are under 23 they in school/not making no set a money, so why do they have blackberries. I might be wrong but I think that's where he was coming from.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:54:33 AM by dwn »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 08:58:47 AM »
KND de-rail de whole thread normal normal with one dotish post.... Now it's about why the U-23's and young people in general have bberries...

meanwhile tief BBM'ing to their hearts desires...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 09:28:47 AM »
The security in the stadium lapse badly in this case. Is the management fault these items were stolen. They need to improve the security whether is non-event or big event. No excuse.

And why U-23 have blackberries? And why not? They are big men. Some of them have left school and are working. If they want to buy a BB with their own money, there is not a damn thing we can do about it. What if they took the BB on the field, then it would have been fire and big stone. The youths put some of their valuables in the lockers, assuming the properties will be protected, but they were let down big time.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 11:19:17 AM »
Alyuh hadda get with the times....is by BBM messenger yuh getting axe from the TTFF...not text message anymore.

Imagine they own stadium security thiefin....and yuh want to put stadium in beetham.

But this ent no hard crime to solve...the company have a schedule, X number of men assigned to the shift. They must know who on the roster. Bribe one to talk or fire all for incompetence....simple ting.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »

allyuh know knd too long tuh gih ketch wit dah dotishness. like kicker say "he de-rail de thread normal normal with one dotish post" in true knd style. ;D ;D ;D

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
sad thing is i have played games in the stadium and our team made sure not to leave valuable things in the dressing room because the stadium has a rep for that. people stealing things from the stadium dressing is a norm.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »
Alyuh hadda get with the times....is by BBM messenger yuh getting axe from the TTFF...not text message anymore.

Or that the ticket at d airport only 2 turn up and it eh have none.

1]; } ?>