April 29, 2024, 06:32:54 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107449 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Added to the fact that he is not his bullish self in resposne to these allegations. He keeping relatively quiet when yuh consider that even after getting caught dead to rights with “Ticket or Leave It” he does deny it with venom.

I expected to hear the usual dey lie and ah goh sue dem.....but all we got was a press release.....ah feel he playing dead to catch corbeaux alive.....ah doh trust that serpent further than I could throw him.....

My cousin who does always have mih in some damn argument over Jack just call mih to ask mih if ah celebrating....ah tell him no.  Ah tell him dat man like the Teflon Don nutten doh stick, so ah waiting for the outcome Sunday.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I feel something ain't right.All this investigations all of a sudden.Something fishy about all this.Something playing that we not seeing.One thing ah could tell you is Jack ain't no foolish man when coming to tiefing and corruption.He will NEVER leave a paper trail.Blatter and Blazer against Jack? ah setta smokescreen they blowing up we a$$ and the British are the biggest takers.    

Jack made a mistake when he lied to England about the 2018 bid...they do not forgive and forget. Whether it happens this weekend or not, they will take him down. He and Gaddafi in d same boat.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Whether it happens this weekend or not, they will take him down. He and Gaddafi in d same boat.

:beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

I feel something ain't right.All this investigations all of a sudden.Something fishy about all this.Something playing that we not seeing.One thing ah could tell you is Jack ain't no foolish man when coming to tiefing and corruption.He will NEVER leave a paper trail.Blatter and Blazer against Jack? ah setta smokescreen they blowing up we a$$ and the British are the biggest takers.    

Jack made a mistake when he lied to England about the 2018 bid...they do not forgive and forget. Whether it happens this weekend or not, they will take him down. He and Gaddafi in d same boat.

But Jack has a point!  England only got 2 votes!  One from their own man and one from somewhere else...JUST ONE..why is it he is held as the blame?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

But Jack has a point!  England only got 2 votes!  One from their own man and one from somewhere else...JUST ONE..why is it he is held as the blame?

Because he said he would vote for them and he didnt. He lied to a lot of important people. He took their  'incentives' (i.e. - England friendly in TnT) and then didnt even give them a single vote. You can't tell the Prince, "You have my vote" a day before and then go back on that, that is blatant disrespect. Had he kept his word and voted for them (doh mind they woulda lost anyway) he would not have been targeted as the scapegoat.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:25:59 AM by Ryan »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Because he said he would vote for them and he didnt. He lied to a lot of important people. He took their  'incentives' (i.e. - England friendly in TnT) and then didnt even give them a single vote. You can't tell the Prince, "You have my vote" a day before and then go back on that, that is blatant disrespect. Had he kept his word and voted for them (doh mind they woulda lost anyway) he would not have been targeted as the scapegoat.

Along the same line of thought one can say that if the Prince had sat on Jennings for one more night they may have feared better. England look like they cant control they lap dogs and Fifa made dem pay for it. not just jack.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

Try explaining that to Coop's! Lack of principle is the main issue the English have with Jack!!

Don't court them for favours and then break your promise to them and then point to others and say I'm not the only one who did not vote for you because your bid was weak.

Jack accustomed misleading people cool cool cool! He did the same thing to our 2006 World Cup players when he promised them the 50% bonus and then went back on his promise!!

The English will do their best to hang Jack & FIFA and in the end will do us all a big favour!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:39:52 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Try explaining that to Coop's! Lack of principle is the main issue the English have with Jack!!

Don't court them for favours and then break your promise to them and then point to others and say I'm not the only one who did not vote for you because your bid was weak.

Jack accustomed misleading people cool cool cool! He did the same thing to our 2006 World Cup players when he promised them the 50% bonus and then went back on his promise!!

The English will do their best to hang Jack & FIFA and in the end will do us all a big favour!!

This is it right here... yes they're bitter about losing out to Qatar, but is HOW they lost that is most revolting.  Jack straight up lied to their faces... dangled his vote before them, allowed them to court him for two yrs then straight up turn around and blank them.  I don't care what nobody say, FIFA bounce they head on that 2022 vote, and look sure enough it has come back to (potentially) bite them.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If I remember correctly, if Jack had voted for England, they would have gotten through to the second round. It was then expected that those who voted for countries that were out would swing behind England.

As for England controlling their lapdogs, this may come as a surprise, Ryan, but the UK enjoys something called a free press. It is not controlled by govt. However, I will admit that newspaper owners have a certain biase. But this is widely known, so you buy the paper that has your political views.

If T&T enjoyed the same freedom, Jack would now be working for CEPEP. I don't blame the press, Trinidad is a relatively small country so it makes poor business sense to oppose those in power. But don't criticise the British press. They are jackals, but they have also dethroned many British MPs and exposed scandals.  

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As for England controlling their lapdogs, this may come as a surprise, Ryan, but the UK enjoys something called a free press. It is not controlled by govt. However, I will admit that newspaper owners have a certain biase. But this is widely known, so you buy the paper that has your political views. .  

Thanks for the heads up  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They can't hang my Jack
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2011, 06:28:05 AM »
They can't hang my Jack...Warner off to Zurich to answer bribery charges
By Anna Ramdass (T&T Express)

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner said yesterday that his Jack will not be hung and declared that the world should brace for a "football tsunami" over the next couple of days.

Warner leaves this morning for Zurich, Switzerland, where he will face FIFA's ethics committee to answer allegations of bribery tomorrow.

Warner, also the Minister of Works and Transport and chairman of the United National Congress (UNC), is accused along with FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam, of offering bribes to members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) in exchange for votes in the FIFA presidential elections which will take place next Wednesday.

Speaking to reporters on the adjournment of Parliament at the Red House in Port of Spain yesterday, Warner repeated that he was not guilty of any wrongdoing. Warner said a bombshell is looming.

"I tell you something, in the next couple days you will see a football tsunami that will hit FIFA and the world that will shock you. ... The time has come when I must stop playing dead so you'll see it, it's coming, trust me you'll see it by now and Monday," said Warner.

"I have been here for 29 consecutive years and if the worst happen, the worst happen," he added.

Asked if he was prepared to walk away from FIFA at anytime soon, Warner answered, "If that is what it comes to so be it, you must never get too attached to anything, it clouds your judgment and therefore whatever happens, happens, que sera sera. I am not even remotely bothered. I had planned to leave Saturday morning in any case because I have meetings on Sunday afternoon. ... They can do what they want, it doesn't bother me".

Questioned on whether he thinks that this time around his Jack will be hung, he responded: "Me? I have lived three score and almost ten and my Jack hasn't been hanged as yet, why should it be hung now? By whom? The American Chuck Blazer? His American lawyer John Collins? Give me a break. I am not the faint-hearted you know ... Let them go ahead, I have no problem with that. But I'll tell you something, I will hold my head high to the very end because, I repeat here again, I am not guilty of a single iota of wrongdoing."

Warner also faces another probe into allegations of unethical behaviour in a British lawmakers' hearing this month.

The former head of England's failed 2018 World Cup bid, Lord David Triesman, has alleged Warner asked for money to build an education centre and buy 2010 World Cup broadcast rights for Haiti.

An e-mail from Warner to Triesman in February 2010 was released by the BBC where Warner urged the FA to contribute towards the cost of purchasing the rights to show World Cup matches on giant screens in Haiti.

Warner said all these attacks and allegations against him were driven by envy.

"I am in FIFA for 29 consecutive years, I was the first black man to have ever been in FIFA at this level. I have come from the smallest country ever to be on the FIFA executive committee. There is no country smaller than Trinidad and Tobago on FIFA's executive committee. I am wielding more power in FIFA now than sometimes even the president, I must be the envy of others.

"In terms of football history my country does not even have one and therefore there are people out there who would ask why should I be there and what is my role, so I become the butt of all kinds of attacks and I accept this without any kind of anger because I understand people, this is the nature of human beings," he said.

Referring specifically to the e-mail, he said: "What it (e-mail) says (is) to help Haiti get two big screens to see the World Cup for $1.6 million, that's the e-mail! ... did it say anything about Jack Warner? Jack Warner asked to help Haiti to see the World Cup by putting some big screens, what is wrong with that? I repeat, this is election time my friends."

Warner said both England and the United States were upset with him because they did not win the bid to host the World Cups.

He said he does not understand why England was against him as the country only got one vote so others should be questioned as to why they did not vote in England's favour.

"The US is accusing me of not working hard enough for them. What more you want me to do, go in the people house and sleep with them? I can't do that! I did for the US all I could have done," he said.

"This is an election time in FIFA, it happens every time ... especially when there is a contender," Warner said, noting that the last time FIFA President Sepp Blatter had a contender was in 2002 and then too, there was heated controversy.

"FIFA politics is far bigger than the politics you have seen here. It make our politics here look like child's play. Now at the end of the day, if even the worst happens, I'm still president of CONCACAF," he added.

Asked about his current relationship with Blatter, Warner said many were upset because of his meeting with Bin Hammam. "I know they were not pleased with it, but I intend for fairplay. I do not believe I should rubber-stamp Mr Blatter. We have had our differences in the past and some very serious ones too. That didn't influence me in any way, but I wanted to hear Mr Bin Hammam, I think that was the correct thing to do."

Questioned on whether he had a time-frame when he would retire from FIFA, Warner said, "I know when I propose to leave FIFA I don't propose to leave on a walking stick and I don't propose unlike Mr Blatter, who at 75 is going back. I don't propose to be there at 75."

Questioned on his relationship with CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer who has reported the allegations of bribery to the ethics committee, Warner explained that Blazer was still upset over the US loss of the World Cup bid and that Qatar won.

"...And there has been some resentment still and the feeling is that I should not be talking to him (Bin Hammam) or his friends. I voted for the US like Mr Blazer and I, like Mr Blazer, was devastated over the fact that the US lost. But I will not allow that to impugn Mr Bin Hammam's character or to destroy our friendship. I am not that kind of person and if Mr Blazer and they want to do that, let them go ahead," said Warner.

Warner said he has faced bigger issues in life and he is prepared for the consequences.

He returns home next Thursday after the FIFA presidential elections.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wow dis shit is big. Ah feel it have real underlying war going on and dis is not just a fake jihad to stimulate the masses. At any rate It look like de tng now start!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Come on Jack...time tuh dan it up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Ly7hC9hps

Dem dem hull dey chugger munt....

Show dem ah form.... ;)

Now tuh be honest...Jack could be on d breadline and lose both wuk.......

But i sure TT could offer him ah wuk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:45:12 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Crack starting to appear in the armour.  Jack said it himself:  the U.S. is upset at losing out for the 2022 bid, and feels slighted by Jack. 

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well look ting dey turning against themselves.can't wait to hear de outcome tomorrow and de tsunami Monday.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: They can't hang my Jack
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
They can't hang my Jack...Warner off to Zurich to answer bribery charges
By Anna Ramdass (T&T Express)

"I am in FIFA for 29 consecutive years, I was the first black man to have ever been in FIFA at this level. I have come from the smallest country ever to be on the FIFA executive committee. There is no country smaller than Trinidad and Tobago on FIFA's executive committee. I am wielding more power in FIFA now than sometimes even the president, I must be the envy of others.

"In terms of football history my country does not even have one and therefore there are people out there who would ask why should I be there and what is my role, so I become the butt of all kinds of attacks and I accept this without any kind of anger because I understand people, this is the nature of human beings," he said.

This is the reason why the page has to turn on JAW's influence on T&T football. The degree of arrogance at play in those statements is staggering. First of all, he rose through the collective power of the CFU not just T&T. Second, It was only a matter of time before the issue of race came to be an issue. But with his tremendous base and power, the man has done NOTHING to advance the specific cause of black coaches, players, or administrators.

But the statement of T&T having no football history is what should, quite frankly, piss off most people in the country. Yes, our football history is not as vaunted as Brazil, Spain, or England but we do have a history and a very proud and accomplished one for such a small country. That is the problem with too many of our leaders, they really feel they are doing the people they are supposed to serve a favor by "gracing" us with their presence and time.

Serve the people, serve the game. Make decisions that are in the best interests of both rather than what's in your best interests. It's not that difficult a rule to follow. So while yesterday is yesterday and today is today. I hope that tomorrow will see a country and quite frankly a game that is no longer being penetrated and contaminated by the probscis belonging to Jack Austin Warner and his minions.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Jack:You must never get too attached to anything, it colours your judgement and therefore whatever happens, happens. Que sera, sera.

Jack: My jack won’t be hanged. I have lived three scores and my jack has not been hanged as yet. Why should it be hanged now and by whom? The American Chuck Blazer? His American lawyer John Collins? Give me a break guys,” he scoffed.

Well I'll be glued to the news over the next few days ahead.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:04:38 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack is a master, oui. 

Referring specifically to the e-mail, he said: "What it (e-mail) says (is) to help Haiti get two big screens to see the World Cup for $1.6 million, that's the e-mail! ... did it say anything about Jack Warner? Jack Warner asked to help Haiti to see the World Cup by putting some big screens, what is wrong with that? I repeat, this is election time my friends."

Note he did not mention that he wrongly told the FA that someone had paid US$1.6 million for the rights but he could get them for the FA at the same price, when FIFA stated nobody owned the rights!

This is where the press let T&T down. Why did they not specifically ask Jack who were the alleged purchasers and why are FIFA saying the rights were never sold? Who would get the $1.6 million if FA had paid?

Also note that Jack won't be back until thursday, when on tuesday there is the small matter of TTFF having to produce complete and accurate accounts, including the accounts submitted by Jack as head of Germany2006 LOC.

As usual, Jack putting FIFA ahead of domestic matters. He has never really taken the players seriously. He was criticised for not giving evidence in London when the whole case at that time revolved around the players contract with Jack. If he had taken this seriously TTFF may have gotten off a lot lighter.

But to put this into perspective, apparently Jack pays the bills for TTFF, even Camps publicly stated they would need to ask Jack to pay the interim payment. So, if the judge gets vexed on tuesday coz the books don't make sense, he could order TTFF to pay 50% of the income......which, less govt funding, could be TT$50 million. Imagine Jack not being bothered about a case that could cost him nearly $60 million in total! Makes you wonder eh?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The boss talks,alyu read the news?the man even reach so far as to say he will give up FIFA for T&T Government,the man ahead of everybody,alyu want to expose and bring down Jack,we will who coming down because he eh going down alone,he say is a Tsunami ah tell alyu leave the blackman alone,he alone corrupted and tied tongue,he can't talk,when he done with them he coming home we have him for life. :devil: :devil:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Genuflec' tuh yuh Daddy ...
Ah have a question? When Jackula tell yuh jump, how high yuh does aim ....
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Genuflec' tuh yuh Daddy ...
Ah have a question? When Jackula tell yuh jump, how high yuh does aim ....
        You feel is a little boy you talking too,i and Jack about the same age,we does hangout and lime together,what jump you talking about,my days done doh worry about me,i'm retired just having fun,it hurting you they can't catch him?i'm sorry son. :devil: 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Breaking: Mohammed bin Hammam has withdrawn from the #Fifa presidential vote

Bin Hammam: Recent events have left me hurt and disappointed. I will not put my personal ambition ahead of Fifa’s dignity and integrity.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:45:01 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Bin Hammam: Recent events have left me hurt and disappointed. I will not put my personal ambition ahead of Fifa’s dignity and integrity.
         :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: The boss at work,they only hear Tsunami they start running for cover,who corupt tell me,the man have nothing to fear,accusation after accusation year after year,tell England and the US to come better than that,T&T may host a WC before they do.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Qatar's Mohamed Bin Hammam pulls out of Fifa race

Mohamed Bin Hammam of Qatar says he has pulled out of the race to head football's world governing body, Fifa.

The move came a day before the 62-year-old Asian Football Confederation chief was due to face an ethics committee hearing into bribery claims.

He said he did not want to see Fifa's name "dragged more in the mud".

Mr Bin Hammam had been due to stand against incumbent Fifa chief Sepp Blatter, who is also facing the inquiry. Both deny corruption claims.

Mr Bin Hammam stressed his withdrawal must not "be tied to the investigation held by the Fifa ethics committee", pledging that he would appear before the panel to clear his name.

The election of the new Fifa president is scheduled for Wednesday.

'Great price'

In a statement, Mr Bin Hammam said he "was and remains committed to change within Fifa" in a order to "further the cause of democracy" within the organisation.

But he added that "recent events have left me hurt and disappointed - on a professional and personal level".

"It saddens me that standing up for the causes that I believed in has come at a great price - the degradation of Fifa's reputation. This is not what I had in mind for Fifa and this is unacceptable.

"I cannot allow the name that I loved to be dragged more and more in the mud because of competition between two individuals. The game itself and the people who love it around the world must come first."

The Fifa's ethics committee hearing is due to start in Zurich, Switzerland, later on Sunday.

Mr Bin Hammam and Fifa Vice President Jack Warner face allegations from executive committee member Chuck Blazer that they offered bribes at a meeting of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) on 10 and 11 May.

A file of evidence claims bundles of cash of up to $40,000 (£24,200) were handed over to members of the CFU at the meeting in Trinidad.

Both Mr Bin Hammam and Mr Warner deny the allegations.

In turn, Mr Bin Hammam has effectively claimed that Mr Blatter - who is bidding for a fourth term in office - failed to report the payment of alleged bribes, in itself a breach of Fifa's ethics code.

Mr Blatter, 75, denies any wrongdoing.

The latest twist in the bitter fight for Fifa presidency follows weeks of damaging headlines and allegations in the wake of the vote for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13587449
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:39:28 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
         :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: The boss at work,they only hear Tsunami they start running for cover,who corupt tell me,the man have nothing to fear,accusation after accusation year after year,tell England and the US to come better than that,T&T may host a WC before they do.

How in Bin Hammam "running for cover"?  He was accused alongside Jack, he wasn't the one accusing Jack.  If he running for cover then it's from Blatter.  Come Coop's, ah expect better than that.

As for Bin Hammam himself... dem really feel people dotish or what?  How is him pulling out going to prevent the "dragging of FIFA's name thru the mud"??  This doesn't end the corruption inquiry... that (among many other things) is what's undermining FIFA and dragging its name down.  More likely is he decide to pull out in order to prevent the Qatar award for 2022 from being rescinded.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:36:14 PM by Bakes »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

How in Bin Hammam "running for cover"?  He was accused alongside Jack, he wasn't the one accusing Jack.  If he running for cover then it's from Blatter.  Come Coop's, ah expect better than that.

As for Bin Hammam himself... dem really feel people dotish or what?  How is him pulling out going to prevent the "dragging of FIFA's name thru the mud"??  This doesn't end the corruption inquiry... that (among many other things) is what's undermining FIFA and dragging its name down.  More likely is he decide to pull out in order to prevent the Qatar award for 2022 from being rescinded.
       But didn't he accuse Blatter?why doesn't he continue to run for president?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Yuh does wonder how JW and dem does get "men" to do what they want, but yuh seeing it play out right here. SMH
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
       But didn't he accuse Blatter?why doesn't he continue to run for president?

So Blatter is the "boss at work" yuh was talking about?  Is Blatter who they hear say Tsunami and start running for cover?

Yuh logic kinda hard to follow.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Just interested on your view about Warners alleged email asking for US$1.6 million to buy the Haitian TV rights that FIFA have said did not exist? Instead of backing Jack, give us your opinion. Its Jacks actual email we're talking about here. How do you explain that?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Just interested on your view about Warners alleged email asking for US$1.6 million to buy the Haitian TV rights that FIFA have said did not exist? Instead of backing Jack, give us your opinion. Its Jacks actual email we're talking about here. How do you explain that?
        If something is alledged what is there to explain,if you all want to take everything and run with it fine,that's not me,i don't get into anything i know nothing about,any how i'll talk to Jack when he gets back and get mih facts.

1]; } ?>