April 19, 2024, 12:00:52 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 106569 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
I suspect the hearings will happen today without incident, then the election will go on and Blatter will win by default, then SB, MBH, JW and the two CFU folks will all get slaps on the wrists, Blazer will stay quiet, and life will go on.  :beermug:

The fact that MBH stepped aside just shows to me that a deal has already been done behind the scenes and everything is on the way to being resolved behind closed doors. I could be wrong of course.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Godfather will win again...

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
        If something is alledged what is there to explain,if you all want to take everything and run with it fine,that's not me,i don't get into anything i know nothing about,any how i'll talk to Jack when he gets back and get mih facts.

Coop's

The email was alleged until Warner confirmed that it is his email. Now read the contents, it reading like a Nigerian scam email.

"The rights owned by an un-named third party"
"Warner can negotiate for half the price" (yippeee) these rights that England have no interest in

Never mind the fact that FIFA says that no such rights package exist.

More importantly Warner acknowledging the email is evidence that Triesman is not exactly talking out his ass. Tries man and them lapse they shoulda play through with the ruse and get to the point where Warner actually make arrangements to receive the money. They woulda have him dead to rights but obviously that is not their remit when they trying to win a WC bid.

Warner moving real bold right now, I sure the NoTW plotting a scam to catch him
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
bin hammam n warner suspended pending full blown investigations...sepp get off..

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
here's some music to pump you guys up more  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5N80tNDCGg&amp;feature=fvwrel" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q5N80tNDCGg&amp;feature=fvwrel</a>

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok Jackula, wha wha what now? Idi Amin say in politics one has no permanent enemies or friends.  De knives pointing yuh way now.  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
...all sound and fury signifying nothing.

truetrini

I beg to differ..this is big.  Jack overplayed his hand....he promised England, went against England, promised the US did not do his part as promised, he promised Blatter went for a bigger pay day and was supporting Hammam..now he is up the proverbial creek without the paddle, beginning of the end, and he knows it too.

Word is he was talking to CFU officials but Blazer ahd already made contact and made certain assurances.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:46:27 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I beg to differ..this is big.  Jack overplayed his hand....he promised England, went against England, promised the US did not do his part as promised, he promised Blatter went for a bigger pay day and was supporting Hammam..now he is up the proverbial creek without the paddle, beginning of the end, and he knows it too.

Word is he was talking to CFU officials but Blazer ahd already made contact and made certain assurances.

I agree...looks like Jack has noone to turn to now. All he could really do is take others down with him.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Also agreed. It's ovah. The files and tapings they have on this likkle Jackulito is frightening.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The allegations might be big but the suspension is not.  FACT is that this is a "provisional" suspension... as it stands the Ethics committee has yet to even investigate the charges.  They have been suspended pending that investigation.  Whatever fantasies folks want to indulge in at this point they are free to do, but all of this celebrating that taking place in folks minds is premature.  Until these charges stick I will maintain that all of this doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  If you want to start hailing this as the beginning of the end then that is your choice... call me a pessimist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:06:21 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

The allegations might be big but the suspension is not.  FACT is that this is a "provisional" suspension... as it stands the Ethics committee has yet to even investigate the charges.  They have been suspended pending that investigation.  Whatever fantasies folks want to indulge in at this point they are free to do, but all of this celebrating that taking place in folks minds is premature.  Until these charges stick I will maintain that all of this doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  If you want to start hailing this as the beginning of the end then that is your choice... call me a pessimist.

Nice balanced logic Bakes!!

Makes perfect sense!

Jack just launched his first big tsunami wave via an email to the world news media!

Just heard on the news that he has accused Blatter of providing similar gifts to CONCACAF in the past as Bin Hammam offered the CFU delegates!  One million plus gifts of computers etc!!

The English media will grab this and run hard with it in order to demand that FIFA presidential elections planned for 1st June are postponed for the short term so that Blatter is not re-elected unopposed.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
This is what was posted on the T&T soca warriors page on Facebook:

The following is a statement made today by Jack Warner to the media following the news of his suspension by FIFA from all international and national football-related activities.
Re: Today's FIFA decision

I attended the FIFA enquiry today at 12 noon pursuant to a request made of me by FIFA to answer allegation made by Chuck Blazer, General Secretary of CONCACAF.

I have learned this evening via the media that I have been provisionally suspended by the FIFA Ethics Committee.  This has come both as a shock and surprise to me.  At the conclusion of the enquiry I specifically requested that I be notified of any decision as I had learned via the media before attending the hearing that a decision would be handed down at 5:00PM.  Despite leaving my contact details, up to this point, I still have not received any notification from the FIFA.

At the hearing I indicated that I submitted two written statements outlining my position.  I expressed my disappointment with the way in which the enquiry was conducted as I was given less than twenty four hours to submit a statement for consideration by the committee and, moreover, one of the five members of the Committee is from Uruguay and did not have the value of a translated version of my or Mr bin Hammam's submission.  This lack of translation services brings into question the issue of due process.

In addition, FIFA did not have the courtesy to provide me with copies of the allegations before the hearing and it was only during the hearing were the allegations read to me.

At the hearing, among other things, I was asked about the special meeting with the CFU to hear Mr Bin Hammam and whether such a meeting was normal I indicated that President Blatter earlier this year had held a similar meeting in South Africa with thirty seven countries and no objections had been made of that to date.  In fact this has been the practice of FIFA in holding meetings with member countries before elections.

I denied the allegations that I made statements at the CFU meeting about gifts being given by Mr Bin Hammam.  I also indicated that at the Miami CONCACAF Congress on May 3rd Mr. Blatter made a gift of one million USD to CONCACAF to spend as it deems fit. This annoyed President Michel Platini who was present and he approached Secretary General Jerome Valcke complaining that Mr Blatter had no permission from the Finance Committee to make this gift to which Jerome replied that he will find the money for Mr Blatter.

I also indicated at the CFU meeting held in Trinidad on May 10 which was requested by Mr. Bin Hammam, FIFA through Mr. Blatter organised gifts of laptops and projectors to all members of the Caribbean and no objections have been made today of this to date.

In my statement I attached letters from thirteen Federations whose members attended the CFU Meeting where the allegations of gifts were made.

These statements from the 13 members denied the allegations that have been made against me and any participation of these individuals in the act complained of. While with regard to the allegation of payment only one statement was submitted by Collins & Collins.

On May 18 when I realised that the political battle between Blatter and Bin Hammam was getting out of hand I wrote Secretary General Valcke telling him, among other things, that the outcome of the elections may cause some fracture in the Arab world  which we can ill afford now and that I will like to ask Bin Hammam to withdraw from the race. To which Jerome replied to me and I quote :

"For MBH, I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC. I have a bet since day one, he will withdraw but on June 1st after his 10 min speech. By doing so he can say he push Blatter to make new commitments bla bla bla and get out under applause. Before means he is a looser. So...He will get some votes. Less than 60 today after CAF support. It will be the "coup de grace" if you would officially send a message as the CONCACAF President by saying CONCACAF supports unanimously. So I am not giving you an advice but just my feeling about what I think is the situation."

Despite the plea from SG Valcke, I refused to give any advice about how CONCACAF will be voting.

At no time during this matter was I ever contacted by Mr. Blazer nor did he contact the Executive or the Emergency Committee of the CONCACAF and it is informative for one to look at Mr Blazer's credibility by referring to the report of the NY District Court Judge in the matter between Master Card and Visa in the FIFA matter of 7th December 2006 .

(para 213) Mr. Blazer's testimony was generally without credibility based on his attitude and demeanor on his evasive answers on cross-examination.

(para 214) Thus, for that reason and based on his evasive answers and his attitude and demeanor, Mr. Blazer's testimony as the March 14, 2006 Marketing & TV AG Board meeting is rejected as fabricated.

The complaints  made in this matter are politically motivated against Mr Bin Hammam and me and are designed, among other things, to cause serious prejudice and damage to both Mr Bin Hammam and myself at one of the most critical times for the FIFA.

It is also shocking that at the close of an inquiry at around 5:47pm when the decision was already delivered new evidence in the form of a fax from the Puerto Rico FF appears making allegations which were treated as part of the evidence in this matter. This further demonstrates in the way the enquiry was conducted and the prejudice against me.

The decision to suspend me is an abuse of the process and achieves no real purpose as stated in the decision and again demonstrates the bias of this enquiry.

I intend to say a lot more on this matter shortly.

In the meantime, I will vigorously defend my reputation as well as the reputation of the rest of the Caribbean members.

Respectfully submitted

Sgd Jack Warner

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
All o' dem is crook.

If Jack going down. BRING THEM ALL DOWN!!!
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

truetrini

hhaah must say that i a decent come back by Jacula dey

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile

Agreed Bakes.

I see people posting on facebook how Jack gone down and now he goh bring down the government too (now granted that was a primarily PNM group of supporters declaring his demise so I eh expect any kinda objectivity there) but I too agree that this eh mean nutten until the investigations are over.....it goh be a long hot summer.....hhhhhmmmm now where have I heard that before??  Oh yeah Jackie boy he self from 2 years or so ago.....my what a difference 2 years makes.... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
quote of the day from someone. as i believe also jack aint going any where

"The Presidential Election will go ahead as planned....Sepp Blatter will get another term and his (concubines) with be cleared later. Just another attempt by FIFA to cover up corruption."

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
To which Jerome replied to me and I quote :

"For MBH, I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC.

Boom Bang. Jack is gonna f**k everybody up  :challenge:

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile

"For MBH, I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC.

Some ah allyuh here believe Jack is some kinda superhero.. Dis time dey go make ah example of somebody, and ah bet Jack go be de fall guy
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Some ah allyuh here believe Jack is some kinda superhero.. Dis time dey go make ah example of somebody, and ah bet Jack go be de fall guy

lol, I agree. But I find it very interesting that he 'quoted' that Qatar bought the WC. Would Jack dare to even imply this without knowing something? And his votes were already going to the US, so it is fair to say he was probably not involved in any Qatar bobol...but looks like he may name a few others who were...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Jack going down and he taking everybody with him lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_6959019,00.html

Warner hits back at Fifa
Suspended Fifa chief unleashes allegations concerning Blatter

Jack Warner has responded to his Fifa suspension with allegations about the organisation's president Sepp Blatter - and that Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke suggested the 2022 World Cup was 'bought'.

Warner claimed Blatter made gifts of computers to officials plus an unauthorised 1million US dollar gift to his confederation CONCACAF.

Caribbean football chief Warner, banned by Fifa's ethics committee on Sunday along with Asian confederation president Mohamed Bin Hammam pending the outcome of a full inquiry into allegations they paid officials 40,000 dollars each in bribes, denied making any payments.

Allegations

Warner said in a statement: "I denied the allegations that I made statements at the CFU [Caribbean Football Union] meeting about gifts being given by Mr Bin Hammam.
"I also indicated that at the Miami CONCACAF Congress on May 3 Mr Blatter made a gift of one million USD to CONCACAF to spend as it deems fit.

"This annoyed [UEFA] President Michel Platini who was present and he approached Secretary General Jerome Valcke complaining that Mr Blatter had no permission from the Finance Committee to make this gift to which Jerome replied that he will find the money for Mr Blatter.

"I also indicated at the CFU meeting held in Trinidad on May 10 which was requested by Mr Bin Hammam, FIFA through Mr Blatter organised gifts of laptops and projectors to all members of the Caribbean and no objections have been made today of this to date."

Warner said 13 federations had written to the ethics committee backing him up.

Warner's apparent revelation of an email from Valcke about Bin Hammam running against Blatter for Fifa president is potentially even more explosive.

Valcke, according to Warner's statement, wrote to him suggesting that Qatari Bin Hammam had "bought" the 2022 World Cup for his country.

Elections

Warner added: "I wrote to Valcke telling him, among other things, that the outcome of the elections may cause some fracture in the Arab world which we can ill-afford now and that I will like to ask Bin Hammam to withdraw from the race.

"To which Jerome replied to me and I quote: 'For MBH, I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB [Blatter]. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC'."

Warner reiterated his claim that the complaints against him were part of a conspiracy.

He added: "The complaints made in this matter are politically motivated against Mr Bin Hammam and me and are designed, among other things, to cause serious prejudice and damage to both Mr Bin Hammam and myself at one of the most critical times for the FIFA."

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Chuck blazer taking all the credit for everything that took place but for those who don't know it seem to me that one of our own was behind all of this as well ...

TTFF never made it to the top but they surely made it to the top in corruption. What a shame.

I want $15,0000,000 (USD) too. what about the rest on here?

As Tallman would say " Trinis in action"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:48:20 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chuck blazer taking all the credit for everything that took place but for those who don't know it seem to me that one of our own was behind all of this as well ...

TTFF never made it to the top but they surely made it to the top corruption. What a shame.

yea one of dem islands sold Jack out !!!!!!!!! bcuz Blazer wasn't at the meetng.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

TTFF never made it to the top but they surely made it to the top corruption. What a shame.

yea one of dem islands sold Jack out !!!!!!!!! bcuz Blazer wasn't at the meetng.

Puerto Rico, the island which is controlled by the USA, yuh aware that they are an American colony right!   ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Jack should of known that was long coming for him.  Like I said one of our own
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:48:34 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah cat may have 9 lives...Jack have 15

As far as i see..the monies dem talkin about was used for each CFU (13) federations to purchase labtops and projectors....

so Jack still very innocent
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Puerto Rico, the island which is controlled by the USA, yuh aware that they are an American colony right!   ;)
Forget Puerto Rico it's much deeper than that

1]; } ?>