April 19, 2024, 06:55:05 PM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 106593 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Chuck blazer taking all the credit for everything that took place but for those who don't know it seem to me that one of our own was behind all of this as well ...

TTFF never made it to the top but they surely made it to the top corruption. What a shame.

I want $15,0000,000 (USD) too. what about the rest on here?

As Tallman would say " Trinis in action"

yea one of dem islands sold Jack out !!!!!!!!! bcuz Blazer wasn't at the meetng.

Puerto Rico, the island which is controlled by the USA, yuh aware that they are an American colony right!   ;)
Forget Puerto Rico it's much deeper than that

I was not speculating there!! That was part of the info I heard on the news tonight!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah find tis in ah blog....

A BREACH OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO LAWS?

Did the CONCACAF officials who gathered here for that meeting with Messrs Warner and Bin Hammam break our currency laws and customs laws?

When I fill out the cutoms declaration form it demands that I declare any sum of money above $10,000 tt,(or some figure near to that, subject to correction) in whatever instruments (cash, check, draft, money order etc) .

If people are travelling in and out of Trinidad and Tobago with the quantum of money mentioned in the article (40k USD) without making a declaration or even making a false declaration, then they would have broken the law.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah find tis in ah blog....

A BREACH OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO LAWS?

Did the CONCACAF officials who gathered here for that meeting with Messrs Warner and Bin Hammam break our currency laws and customs laws?

When I fill out the cutoms declaration form it demands that I declare any sum of money above $10,000 tt,(or some figure near to that, subject to correction) in whatever instruments (cash, check, draft, money order etc) .

If people are travelling in and out of Trinidad and Tobago with the quantum of money mentioned in the article (40k USD) without making a declaration or even making a false declaration, then they would have broken the law.

And who going to arrest them?!! Laws only matter if they are enforced!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ah was wondering de same thing. How dis man come to Trinidad with so much cash and get away with it.   

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
But the statement of T&T having no football history is what should, quite frankly, piss off most people in the country.

Talk about majoring in minors...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
But the statement of T&T having no football history is what should, quite frankly, piss off most people in the country.

Talk about majoring in minors...

It is minor only if you look at the statement rather than mentality that enables such a statement from being made. What I see behind the statement is a level of arrogance that says "without me T&T football would be nothing therefore I should be allowed to do anything I please". It is what would cause the man to request after the '06, with a straight face, a "blank cheque" from the government while not having any intention of paying the players their money. So no, it is not minor at all.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Qatar's Bin Hammam accused of buying 2022 World Cup

Suspended Fifa vice-president Jack Warner has made public an e-mail that claims Mohamed Bin Hammam "bought" the 2022 World Cup finals for Qatar. The e-mail, seemingly from Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke, also questions why Asian confederation chief Bin Hammam was running for Fifa president.

Valcke wrote: "[Hammam] thought you can buy Fifa as they bought the World Cup". Fifa suspended Warner and Bin Hammam over separate allegations of bribery, pending further investigation.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
so who is going to take charge of Concacaf? The Asians already appoint ah Chinese.Gold Cup coming up.Will the Caribbean islands allow a North American to run things?   

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Well yes, look thing!!!   :o :o   According to Lasana, knives in Switzerland selling for top dollars right now!!!....

Here what does kill me bout Jack, he crying that he was treated unfairly by FIFA's ethics committee but he tried every dirty trick in the book to deny the players they money he promised them......steups!!

If is one thing Jack, this new round of bacchanal providing good entertainment.....

Ah love it!!  (C) Andre Samuel
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack does have a problem in defending himself? Remember the Lasana rantings, well he ranting again,where's de tsunami? the international media laughing at him and calling it a thunderstorm.Now he even incriminating the man who was charged with him saying they bought the world cup.Jack does look like a mad man when he trying to defend himself,puling at anything he could get his hands on.No plan,no strategy, no thinking !!!!!!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yea Puerto Rico take de cash and hand it over to FIFA (bbc)...... yea Jack bow out.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack does have a problem in defending himself? Remember the Lasana rantings, well he ranting again,where's de tsunami? the international media laughing at him and calling it a thunderstorm.Now he even incriminating the man who was charged with him saying they bought the world cup.Jack does look like a mad man when he trying to defend himself,puling at anything he could get his hands on.No plan,no strategy, no thinking !!!!!!

Here is the beginning of the first wave:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/may/30/fifa-in-crisis-live-blog

I'm just going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the show. This is going to better than 4th of July and Chinese New Year combined.

With Valcke admitting the authenticity of the email Jack released, a few of things emerge. First, if Valcke knew of improprieties surrounding the Qatar bid, he had a duty to report it to the Ethics Committee. Since he didn't, he could be suspended and charged. Second, this creates the very real possibility that Qatar will lose the 2022 World Cup. My prediction is that Australia will get it instead of the US. Third and most important, Blatter is done. Once more allegations come forward, adidas and other major FIFA sponsors won't be able to take the heat and risk worldwide boycotts of their products. They will ask that he step down and Platini will be the interim president. The question will be; how will T&T, specifically its football, come out of this whole affair?

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
(guardian.co.uk)

Here is Jerome Valcke's email to Jack Warner in full:

Dear Jack, lots of questions ;)

Firstly I got also a very, very good feedback about the draw, its organization and the media coverage. It is great the FWC Final Draw is not the only one getting such attention but now all including the U-17. Football is really big.

For FICO, I perfectly understand your position about England. There is not a major point it is true to be discussed. I think MBH will try to attack us on various points but am prepared to answer. Nothing very new since Robben Island 2009 Exco!

For MBH, I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express much he does not like anymore JSB. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC.

I have a bet since day one, he will withdraw but on June 1st after his 10 min speech. By doing so he can say he push Blatter to make new commitments bla bla bla and get out under applause. Before means he is a loser. So … He will get some votes. Less than 60 today after CAF support. It will be the "coup de grace" if you would officially send a message as the CONCACAF President by saying CONCACAF supports unanimously.

So am not giving you advice but just feeing about what I think is the situation.

Finally just coming back to wives. You know Jack ruled are for the majority. Why? Because without a minority will always abuse! Some and a few members are given a special authorization to bring their partner at their coast and it is fine but we have a number of issues and that is why this regulation was decided a very long time ago before I was appointed for sure.

Talking about the before I was told and it is confirmed, Linsi went with MBH to visit a few MA's. Was maybe the ex-future SG. Also one agency, Sportfive, has being very supportive and organized for MBH meeting with MA's they have under contract.

Wow, just wake up, being in San Francisco for a few hours before flying at 1pm to Sao Paulo for the day. And am writing so much ;)).

Enjoy your day
Jerome.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
 :heehee:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

ah vex,I always thought the man was ah evil genius ...playing chess while everybody else playin checkers
but it really lookin like all this time is pure flailing, seat of the pants decisions, and pure luck that kept him aloft

I kinda disappointed jack is not really "ah borse" as diamondtrim does say

he only true bredrin in FIFA was Havelange oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
for real dutty..he aint calculated at all...why is he bringing out more dirty laundry like this now..he implicating heself more ....from my understanding dem fellas yesterday in d FIFA press conference was defending him...now he really looking like ah desperate man...
He try tuh goe behind d godfather and now he get ban....no more free ride...
he didnt realize that he was a small man from a 3rd world nation being used to get votes....in exchange for being able to hang with d big boys...
now it look like he goe be on d breadline....losing both positions.....
well he make nuff bread already
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
   From the blog link that Flex post

Fifa in crisis live blog - Blatter to face media amid Warner allegations

3.56pm: PA's Martyn Ziegler reports:

The money, as the picture clearly shows, was delivered in a brown envelope with the name of the Bahamas FA on it.
    Inside the envelope was 40,000 US dollars in crisp, new 100-dollar bills - four packs each of 10,000 dollars.
    For many officials from the Caribbean's smaller islands this would be the equivalent of several years' salary.
    The date was May 10, the place the Hyatt Regency hotel in Trinidad where the members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) had been invited to a special meeting to listen to FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam present his manifesto.
    Afterwards, the 25 associations - whose flights and hotel costs for two officials each were being covered by Bin Hammam - were asked to attend a conference room to pick up "a gift", according to an affidavit sent to FIFA's ethics committee.
    Fred Lunn, the vice-president of the Bahamas FA, was one of the first to go up to the room where he was handed a large brown envelope. When he opened it "stacks of US 100 fell out and on to the table. I was stunned to see this cash," he said in an affidavit which was presented to FIFA's ethics committee yesterday.
    Lunn said he was not authorised to accept such a gift but was urged to do so by a CFU official. He decided to hold on to the money and contact his association's president Anton Sealey, which he did by text message.
    Copies of these text messages were also sent to the ethics committee which yesterday suspended Bin Hammam and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner pending a full inquiry. CFU officials Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester have also been suspended.
    Sealey then called Lunn and told him "under no circumstances would the Bahamas FA accept such a cash gift" and that he should return the 40,000 dollars.

He texted Sealey saying "a lot of the boys taking the cash, this is sad given the breaking news on the TV CNN... I'm truly surprise its happening at this conference" [sic].

3.49pm:Here is a pic of the $40,000 cash that sparked the #FIFA bribery claims.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
for real dutty..he aint calculated at all...why is he bringing out more dirty laundry like this now..he implicating heself more ....from my understanding dem fellas yesterday in d FIFA press conference was defending him...now he really looking like ah desperate man...
He try tuh goe behind d godfather and now he get ban....no more free ride...
he didnt realize that he was a small man from a 3rd world nation being used to get votes....in exchange for being able to hang with d big boys...
now it look like he goe be on d breadline....losing both positions.....
well he make nuff bread already

:beermug:

He texted Sealey saying "a lot of the boys taking the cash, this is sad given the breaking news on the TV CNN... I'm truly surprise its happening at this conference" [sic].

3.49pm:Here is a pic of the $40,000 cash that sparked the #FIFA bribery claims.

Oh god !!  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Live press conference by Blatter coming up.

Is Funny to see Jack insisting that "Blatter must be stopped!"

Also interesting that that all this might be sour grapes from the 2022 world cup decision.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
If this eh convince yuh that JW corrupted then you just bad mind. Maybe is not enough to convict, but anyone with an iota of moral fibre in their being must see that they are corrupted. Look at how the Bahamas come out and out them. Is JW who organize that orgy at the Hyatt you telling me he eh know what going down? He must ask what gifts being handed out, you forgetting how he get on for the necklace from the Aussie and how he say the Hooligans and them eh know how to give gifts.

The USA will take over CONCACAF and T&T will struggle from now on. Them players better had and start signing up with FPATT.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

It was the Bahamas FA first then came PR

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blatter:

Lord Triesman allegations - Nothing worth investigating
World Cup 2018 & 2022 - No changes

Jack shoulda just keep he mouth shut...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:44:30 AM by Bitter »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Notice not a pipsqueak from RF and de jamdown posse as Uncle horrible Horatio (once Jackula's right hand man) eh account for de brown envelope whether accepted directly or by courier. Lovely. Tsunami in de carribean sea. Watch and see.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
lol

5.54pm: The Guardian's Matt Scott just been disallowed from asking a question to Blatter by Blatter

too much pressha
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
lol

5.54pm: The Guardian's Matt Scott just been disallowed from asking a question to Blatter by Blatter

too much pressha

Nah, they had a rule 1 question when you get call up to the mic. Matt Scott jump up and ask a question and they tell him to follow procedure.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If this eh convince yuh that JW corrupted then you just bad mind. Maybe is not enough to convict, but anyone with an iota of moral fibre in their being must see that they are corrupted. Look at how the Bahamas come out and out them. Is JW who organize that orgy at the Hyatt you telling me he eh know what going down? He must ask what gifts being handed out, you forgetting how he get on for the necklace from the Aussie and how he say the Hooligans and them eh know how to give gifts.

The USA will take over CONCACAF and T&T will struggle from now on. Them players better had and start signing up with FPATT.

could never the CFU have to much votes .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner loses grip on CONCACAF but future uncertain

Published May 30, 2011
Reuters
By Simon Evans

MIAMI (Reuters) - FIFA vice-president Jack Warner finds himself suspended from office, his supporters turning against him and his confederation dragged into a corruption row that has set world soccer's leaders against each other -- all less than a month after being re-elected president of CONCACAF.

For once, a region which has not produced a World Cup semi-finalist in the past 80 years, now finds itself at the heart of the game's affairs -- but for all the wrong reasons.

The Gold Cup, the continental championship for CONCACAF's North and Central America and Caribbean, begins on Sunday in Dallas with Trinidadian Warner, who has been at the organization's helm for over 20 years, 'barred from all football activities' pending an investigation into bribery allegations.

The suspension, handed down by FIFA's ethics committee on Sunday, relates to allegations that were reported to FIFA by CONCACAF's American general secretary Chuck Blazer.

When CONCACAF re-elected Warner at its congress on May 3 -- the alliance between the bearded Blazer from New York and Trinidadian Warner looked, on the surface to be strong.

But behind the scenes, Warner, who like Blazer was a long-standing ally of FIFA president Sepp Blatter, was planning a meeting with Qatari Mohammed Bin Hammam. It was a get-together where, Blazer alleges, bribes were handed out.

The charges have been denied by Warner and Bin Hammam but some Caribbean federations, including Puerto Rico's, have backed up the claims according to FIFA.

Warner says he has statements from 13 Caribbean federations backing him. But that presumably leaves 12 that no longer are willing to give him their support, a near halving of his power base.

With little hard support for Warner in Central and North America, his majority has dissipated and it is hard to see how he could come back to power.

Warner has based his power on the Caribbean Football Union's 25 votes - allied with Blazer's diplomatic skills at keeping the United States and Mexico on board.

Now that the relationship between Blazer and Warner has been broken and Warner has lost his monolithic vote block in the Caribbean, all bets are off.

Mexico, the most successful soccer nation in the region, has long been uncomfortable with CONCACAF politics and while rumors of them splitting away to join South America's CONMEBOL are almost certainly fanciful, they may decide that now is the time to lead the Spanish-speaking countries, into a stronger role.

The United States are growing as an economic power in the sport and while they have been close allies of Warner's -- through Blazer -- they too may feel this is the right moment to use their financial weight and take on a leadership role.

But the numbers -- 25 out of 35 full FIFA members from the region -- remain with the Caribbean and it is there that the short-term future direction of the confederation will be decided.

Will the Warner loyalists look to re-establish their power or will the rebels, who have provided evidence against him, be joined by more defectors in the coming days and weeks?

(Editing by Pritha Sarkar)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:43:48 AM by dreamer »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile

I kinda disappointed jack is not really "ah borse" as diamondtrim does say

Whey he??  I surprised he eh come and declare that Jack is ah boss as yet...steups!!

And Coop's, yuh talk to Jack yet??  He tell yuh how he keeping on the teflon jacket this time??  Don't keep mih in suspense nah......ah running low on popcorn....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Here is the beginning of the first wave:

I'm just going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the show. This is going to better than 4th of July and Chinese New Year combined.

With Valcke admitting the authenticity of the email Jack released, a few of things emerge. First, if Valcke knew of improprieties surrounding the Qatar bid, he had a duty to report it to the Ethics Committee. Since he didn't, he could be suspended and charged. Second, this creates the very real possibility that Qatar will lose the 2022 World Cup. My prediction is that Australia will get it instead of the US. Third and most important, Blatter is done. Once more allegations come forward, adidas and other major FIFA sponsors won't be able to take the heat and risk worldwide boycotts of their products. They will ask that he step down and Platini will be the interim president. The question will be; how will T&T, specifically its football, come out of this whole affair?

Better off, trust me on that!!  :beermug:

1]; } ?>