April 29, 2024, 02:50:57 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107299 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
so who is going to take charge of Concacaf? The Asians already appoint ah Chinese.Gold Cup coming up.Will the Caribbean islands allow a North American to run things?   

Silly question... we could easily ask whether the Central and North Americans would trust another Caribbean person to run things, seeing what they had to deal with in Jack Warner.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Update: Shocker video
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Jack does have a problem in defending himself? Remember the Lasana rantings, well he ranting again,where's de tsunami? the international media laughing at him and calling it a thunderstorm.Now he even incriminating the man who was charged with him saying they bought the world cup.Jack does look like a mad man when he trying to defend himself,puling at anything he could get his hands on.No plan,no strategy, no thinking !!!!!!

Here is the beginning of the first wave:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/may/30/fifa-in-crisis-live-blog

I'm just going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the show. This is going to better than 4th of July and Chinese New Year combined.

With Valcke admitting the authenticity of the email Jack released, a few of things emerge. First, if Valcke knew of improprieties surrounding the Qatar bid, he had a duty to report it to the Ethics Committee. Since he didn't, he could be suspended and charged. Second, this creates the very real possibility that Qatar will lose the 2022 World Cup. My prediction is that Australia will get it instead of the US. Third and most important, Blatter is done. Once more allegations come forward, adidas and other major FIFA sponsors won't be able to take the heat and risk worldwide boycotts of their products. They will ask that he step down and Platini will be the interim president. The question will be; how will T&T, specifically its football, come out of this whole affair?

Better off, trust me on that!!  :beermug:

i disagree with that, it affects us negatively as well, TT football will suffer as well, people are not looking at the bigger picture. TT will be branded as well in a negative light. >:(

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Jack does have a problem in defending himself? Remember the Lasana rantings, well he ranting again,where's de tsunami? the international media laughing at him and calling it a thunderstorm.Now he even incriminating the man who was charged with him saying they bought the world cup.Jack does look like a mad man when he trying to defend himself,puling at anything he could get his hands on.No plan,no strategy, no thinking !!!!!!

I'm just going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the show. This is going to better than 4th of July and Chinese New Year combined.

With Valcke admitting the authenticity of the email Jack released, a few of things emerge. First, if Valcke knew of improprieties surrounding the Qatar bid, he had a duty to report it to the Ethics Committee. Since he didn't, he could be suspended and charged. Second, this creates the very real possibility that Qatar will lose the 2022 World Cup. My prediction is that Australia will get it instead of the US. Third and most important, Blatter is done. Once more allegations come forward, adidas and other major FIFA sponsors won't be able to take the heat and risk worldwide boycotts of their products. They will ask that he step down and Platini will be the interim president. The question will be; how will T&T, specifically its football, come out of this whole affair?

i disagree with that, it affects us negatively as well, TT football will suffer as well, people are not looking at the bigger picture. TT will be branded as well in a negative light. >:(

Yuh mean the bad publicity we getting so far eh negative enough??!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whey he??  I surprised he eh come and declare that Jack is ah boss as yet...steups!!

And Coop's, yuh talk to Jack yet??  He tell yuh how he keeping on the teflon jacket this time??  Don't keep mih in suspense nah......ah running low on popcorn....

diamondtrim cyah come and post... he in Switzerland until Thursday.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzMhI8m8MeE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tzMhI8m8MeE</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »
Well, look at this!!

Looks like FIFA can give we Carnival a good run for its money where Bacchanal is concerned!

Which Calypsonian or Soca artist going to be the first to write a song about this?

Karene Asche, whey yuh?!!!  ;)

I feel they will have a big international hit on their hands yes!!

Whey the popcorn?!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It will definitely paint us in a negative light to outsiders. Especially seeing that Jack is/was acting PM of Trinidad and Tobago. Plus this is not even started yet, there is still the possibility that Jack will hang on and remain a strong influence on the local game for a long time to come.

And even if he goes there will be a BIG leadership vaccum and infighting that will hobble our game in the short term. Some of the incompetent, spineless worms who towed Jack's line without a peep will be emboldened to assert themselves in a bid for power.

But IMO would be an overall positive thing to have the Trinidad and Tobago football establishment shaken to the core.  The soca warriors did their part, the foreigners press did their part. It will come down to us the citizens of T&T to make sure we don't put up with the nonsense anymore.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
so, we go still get dat game or wat?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hmm, in less than 2 months Americans get rid of Bin Laden, Bin Hammam and Bin Teefin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Hmm, in less than 2 months Americans get rid of Bin Laden, Bin Hammam and Bin Teefin

*chokes on popcorn*  :rotfl:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:devil:

Jack-Bin Teefin
Camps- Bin sleepin
Groden- Bin hidin

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

It will definitely paint us in a negative light to outsiders. Especially seeing that Jack is/was acting PM of Trinidad and Tobago. Plus this is not even started yet, there is still the possibility that Jack will hang on and remain a strong influence on the local game for a long time to come.

And even if he goes there will be a BIG leadership vaccum and infighting that will hobble our game in the short term. Some of the incompetent, spineless worms who towed Jack's line without a peep will be emboldened to assert themselves in a bid for power.

But IMO would be an overall positive thing to have the Trinidad and Tobago football establishment shaken to the core.  The soca warriors did their part, the foreigners press did their part. It will come down to us the citizens of T&T to make sure we don't put up with the nonsense anymore.

The question was: How will T&T, specifically its football, come out of this whole affair?

Do you guys honestly believe our football could be any worst off than it currently is?

I doubt that very much! Things can only get better, trust me!!

We wanted positive change in the TTFF and hopefully we will get it after this sordid affair plays out and especially if the players stick to their guns and the TTFF is forced to open its books!

With Jackula’s sources of brown envelopes drying up because he is suspended from all football related activity, he will finally be staked in the heart and be forced to remove his fangs from our football!

T&T football will hopefully be finally able to rise from the dead and make a place for itself regularly on the world football stage.

My conclusion is that we can only be better off!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:54:50 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
May 30, 2011, 11:35 am

Blatter Defiant During News Conference

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Fabrice Coffrini/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
A video crew outside FIFA headquarters in Zurich waits for news, any news.

1:10 p.m. | Updated Sepp Blatter’s news conference in Zurich, which was scheduled to begin at 12 p.m., Eastern, did not start until 12:35 p.m. What follows is a transcript of the news conference that was streamed live at FIFA.com.

The more than 30-minute session ended contentiously when a FIFA representative cut off questions as journalists in the audience sought to grill Blatter further. Neither side left happy.

The transcript:

I’m happy to be with you and also on account of the new actuality I have decided, and especially after this afternoon’s meeting of the executive committee, to be with you alone and not at a dais with other people.

I just want to repeat what I’ve said and through messages given yesterday, the ethics committee has reached its decisions. I have no right to comment on it. I was even myself not in my privileged position. I repeat what I said: I regret what has happened in last days and weeks, it has done great damage to FIFA, but is also a great disappointment, for football fans, I’m speaking to football fans.

Today we had a meeting of the executive committee, I am not giving you a lot of details. Our press department will distribute documents and they will be available. But there have been one or two points that I want to inform you.

The executive committee of FIFA was very pleased to receive the report of the Football Association regarding allegations made on 10 May made by Lord David Triesman at the House of Commons against four executive committee members, and we were happy that we can confirm there are no elements in this report which would even prompt any proceedings. But for the sake of transparency, FIFA and the F.A. agreed that a comprehensive summary of this report would be published and the summary can be read on FIFA.com. I’m happy also that we have not received any evidence from the Sunday Times or from any announced whistleblower with regards to allegations made against two other members of executive committee, therefore the outcome is the same, what shall we do with elements in report? Nothing.

And World Cup 2022 is not touched by that, so is the World Cup 2018.

Concerning the executive committee there is one or other information of importance, Japan will organizing the FIFA Club World Cup in December. We are happy after having been two years in United Arab Emirates, now back to Japan. Violá.

We were in Conmebol and Conacaf, said to executive committee at 50-year anniversary of Concacaf, I offered project elements that will be realized through structure of the Goal project. These two things will be taken over by Goal institution and then will be presented to the executive committee. In light of 50 years of Concacaf, that’s the way it works. [Blatter had been accused of promising $1 million to Concacaf in exchange for the confederation's support of his re-election.]

One important decision, Bosnia has accepted change in statutes, therefore the ban is lifted and Bosnia will be able to play as of June 3 in national and club competitions. We also settled problems with Brunei. And Indonesia can go on playing to June 30.

Now ready to take your questions. I would insist again on the fact that this morning I went to four meetings of four confederations: UEFA, Conmebol, Oceania and Concacaf and invited everyone to show unity and solidarity concerning FIFA’s future.

Q: Last night one of your past allies Jack Warner told me that you should be stopped. Some reaction to statement?

A: Stopped? … I have no, reaction.

Q: Everyone knows this is the time for change and reform. What will you do for FIFA in next four years?

A: Thank you for your question. Just come back to ideas I’ve developed for the future and exposed to executive committee today. One of these items on the agenda, there is one, zero tolerance. Zero tolerance on the field, and zero tolerance outside the field of play. Means we have to reinforce the ethic committee to professionalize the committee to have professionalism. To look to our image and also need a new communication, a new tool and to have a better understanding with the you, the media, everybody in the media. It’s something we have to do. And more than that what we have to do in the congress to get a unity in solidarity and to look forward for the next four years. It will not be an easy task but together we can do it.

Q: Some governments also asking that election be postponed? How do you feel about that?

A: If governments want to intervene in the FIFA organization then there is something wrong. I think FIFA is strong enough to build inside FIFA. I’m sure the congress will show its unity and will solve their problems, if there are any in the congress.

Q: The media today is talking about a crisis in FIFA . Is it a crisis?

A: If somebody would describe to me a crisis? What is a crisis. Football is not in a crisis. We have just seen a beautiful Champions League final with Barcelona, with fair play. We are only in some difficulties. And they will be solved inside our family.

Q: Mr. Warner released details of an email from Mr. Valke saying that Qatar bought the World Cup. Can you give your backing to Mr. Valke. Is he becoming too politicized?

A: I will not answer this question. I am the president of FIFA, you cannot question me.

(There is an outburst in the audience, some rumbling and comments that were inaudible because the speakers did not have microphones.)

In response to the rumblings, Blatter said: I accepted to have a press conference with you alone here. I respect you, please respect me. If you ask for a question ask for the mic. We are not in a bazaar here, we are in FIFA House.

Q: You said a few minutes ago, that for Concacaf you offered two goal projects. Can you do that?

A: The FIFA president can do even more, but it has to be approved by the executive committee and the committee approved that. Certainly I can do that.

Q: Now that two members have been suspended pending bribe investigation, can you see why now there are calls to postpone Wednesday election?

A: If somebody wants to change something in the election or in the congress … these are the members of FIFA this cannot be done by the executive committee or any authorities outside of FIFA. Only the congress itself can do it with three-quarters of majority, it can change agenda.

Q: How do you feel personally that Mr. Bin Hammam has pulled out of challenge of your presidency and that you are now standing alone?

A: You should ask him why he pulled out. Personally, I was prepared to go into an election process with another candidate and then the congress would have decided. Now the situation has changed.

Q: What do you say to those who want a revote for the 2022 World Cup and you if you are a major problem for FIFA, should leave?

A: We are only allowing one questions each and that was two questions. Which one do you want me to answer? The second: Again, it is for the congress of FIFA decide if I am a valid or nonvalid candidate.

Q: Do you believe Qatar bid was clean?

A: I believe that the decision which we took for World Cup 2022 was done exactly clean in the same pattern and again I say what I said at beginning of press conference: there is no issue for the World Cup 2022.

Q: Is FIFA’s reputation at lowest ever. How did it happen on your watch?

A: I tried to have the FIFA reputation at highest possible way. We are in a game, in this game I will tell you there is a lot of gambling and not only on the field of play. Have to say at beginning of FIFA when I entered 36 years ago, we had no problems, until 1998. This was the modest FIFA. Now we are a comfortable FIFA and because we are too comfortable all the little devils can enter the game.

Q: To say that this is the season of long knives in football would be an understatement. How will you be able to sit in meetings of the executive committee and move forward after all that has happened?

A: I repeat what said several times. I have not chosen the members of executive committee. They are delegated by their confederations. I have to deal with the personalities that are there and try to do best out of it. Something has changed in FIFA and we will try to change more in future. I cannot change members of my government, it is not up to me.

(More rumbling from the audience.)

Blatter: I have asked for respect, I was respectful to you. …

(Blatter walks off the stage as others try to ask questions. One more is asked.)

Q: This is a press conference, and I thought it is for asking questions. There are so many more people here who want to ask questions.

A: I have answered the questions and I thank you for your attendance.

I will not go into discussions with people who like to create problems. I just want to tell you one thing. You can laugh, that’s an attitude. So is respect. I have learned this in my life also as a journalist. I said this is finished. Thank you.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/30/blatters-news-conference-live/?ref=sports

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The question was: How will T&T, specifically its football, come out of this whole affair?

Do you guys honestly believe our football could be any worst off than it currently is?

I doubt that very much! Things can only get better, trust me!!

We wanted positive change in the TTFF and hopefully we will get it after this sordid affair plays out and especially if the players stick to their guns and the TTFF is forced to open its books!

With Jackula’s sources of brown envelopes drying up because he is suspended from all football related activity, he will finally be staked in the heart and be forced to remove his fangs from our football!

T&T football will hopefully be finally able to rise from the dead and make a place for itself regularly on the world football stage.

My conclusion is that we can only be better off!!

Getting rid of Jack and company would be a moral victory, but not a guarantee that things will get better.

Was there a succession plan in place?

Are there well qualified, honest people with ambitious plans to rebuild the game willing to step in to form a new federation?, Or will a new federation consist of whichever of Jack's former cronies that won the resulting power struggle in their wake?

Will we suffer negative fallout from Jack's misdeeds?

T&T football will emerge stronger ONLY if the public demands more accountability, transparency, and results oriented planning on the part of the federation. To paraphrase an old song 'nothing worth having comes without a fight, gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight'.

To answer your specific question...There are no easy answers, no matter how just the cause or how much we want it. In short the future of football will be what we make of it.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fifa executive Jack Warner: Sepp Blatter must be stopped
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7dEH9Bd5GEU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7dEH9Bd5GEU</a>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:47:52 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa executive Jack Warner: Sepp Blatter must be stopped
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
Definite signs of trouble in the camp!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Guys, I've been saying on this site for months now that Jack has damaged the worlds image of T&T mostly in UK, USA, Australia and Europe. I've heard people in the past refer to "Tricky Trinis" but usually they were other Caribbean people. I had never heard English & Americans use the term, but I'm hearing it now. Its like back in the day when the African leaders were involved in corruption and ethnic cleansing. When you heard the name Idi Amin, you automatically had a negative connotation. I'm not saying Jack is like Amin, but the point is, when you hear Jack Warner you think of Trinidad. When you think of Trinidad you think of corruption.
Jack should never have entered politics all the time he's involved with FIFA. Its bad for T&Ts reputation. And its a real shame because as beautiful as this country is, and as honest and friendly as most Trinis are, all you see from the outside is high murder rates and Jack involved in corruption.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa executive Jack Warner: Sepp Blatter must be stopped
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
Definite signs of trouble in the camp!
Warner want to cry  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:devil:

Good one.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If this has already been posted I apologize. If not, notice Jack getting increasingly ignorant. I would not have been surprised if he went for ah bottle in the middle of this interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13593742.stm

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
 :whip: :whip:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If this has already been posted I apologize. If not, notice Jack getting increasingly ignorant. I would not have been surprised if he went for ah bottle in the middle of this interview.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile

waaay hahaha  :devil: best defense is a good offense
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Men still think this a plot by Sepp and SuperJack to scupper Bin Hammam?

Once I hear sworn affidavits and Blazer I thought that this one was different to past accusations. IT also seemed to be too detailed as a plot to just get Bin Hammam out.

Whatever happen Jack days in FIFA numbered because that cabal of thieves only works if everybody scratching everybody else back.

Sepp could release details of Jack's censure for the 2006 ticketing scam, or details of his failure to pay, or details of his generous TV deals, or deals for services to FIFA. Problem is if he does it how does he explain his inaction. Jack positioning the 2022 WC thing as "Valcke say the WC get bought" obviously not worried that nobody expects him to reveal this before now.

I wonder why Jack make this play at all. Maybe he see the chance to increase his influence by making Bin Hammam king or he fraid the prospect f Platini taking over in the next cycle.

Endless possibilities this one.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
I should add that what Jack quote in the email is hardly evidence. Valcke may well know details of the WC being bought but that sentence in that email is no different to us on this board saying that "Qatar buy it".

Unless Valcke prepared to start talking Jack will have to dig deeper.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I should add that what Jack quote in the email is hardly evidence. Valcke may well know details of the WC being bought but that sentence in that email is no different to us on this board saying that "Qatar buy it".

Unless Valcke prepared to start talking Jack will have to dig deeper.

But it makes Valcke's position pretty untenable...Jack taking down everybody :flamethrower:

Valcke's statement is more evidence of political bias (against Bin Hammam) than direct evidence as to impropriety in the award process.  It may stoke, and for some confirm, suspicions that the bid was bought, but it's hardly a smoking gun.  If anything Valcke can easily stand up and say "look, I don't like the man and I thought he used his influence to get votes, but that was just loose informal talk between Jack and I... I have no evidence that he 'bought' any votes."

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well I guess all these FIFA experts and Concacaf committee members we have form Trinidad and the Caribbean will be out of some US $ now.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack is a crook . A fowl tief from long time, I real glad.I feel bad for de stain on Trini,but I reaall glad Jack finish wid football for life.lol.

1]; } ?>