April 18, 2024, 02:45:03 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 106511 times)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I should add that what Jack quote in the email is hardly evidence. Valcke may well know details of the WC being bought but that sentence in that email is no different to us on this board saying that "Qatar buy it".

Unless Valcke prepared to start talking Jack will have to dig deeper.

yuh right, Jack better have more than an email if he plan on taking on these men. he better start leaking audio and video recordings and start sending the details of men off-shore account to their local tax authorities.

he know better than all of us how dem FIFA men will turn on a dime in their own self interest and right now it looking like he who has the most influence and/or money will survive this mess. despite all that he do, ah don't think Jack has Bin Hammam kinda money and Sepp still control the FIFA purse strings.

all now the horse trading happening behind the scenes, FIFA name dragging through the mud and sponsors getting restless. too many people have too much money at stake, time to close ranks and make deals to make this go away. Qatar is the WC host, FIFA not about to embarass them...

Bin Hammam will make his deal, save face and then retire in 6-12 months as he loss influence and will be politically neutered. bet yuh bottom dollar any deal he make not including Jack. the writing on the wall, Jack time at FIFA is up.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:21:16 PM by grimm01 »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Mr. Colin KLASS get ready FIFA forensic people coming yuh son of a gun...
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
If this has already been posted I apologize. If not, notice Jack getting increasingly ignorant. I would not have been surprised if he went for ah bottle in the middle of this interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13593742.stm
The stammer back in full effect.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Jack does have a problem in defending himself? Remember the Lasana rantings, well he ranting again,where's de tsunami? the international media laughing at him and calling it a thunderstorm.Now he even incriminating the man who was charged with him saying they bought the world cup.Jack does look like a mad man when he trying to defend himself,puling at anything he could get his hands on.No plan,no strategy, no thinking !!!!!!

Here is the beginning of the first wave:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/may/30/fifa-in-crisis-live-blog

I'm just going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the show. This is going to better than 4th of July and Chinese New Year combined.

With Valcke admitting the authenticity of the email Jack released, a few of things emerge. First, if Valcke knew of improprieties surrounding the Qatar bid, he had a duty to report it to the Ethics Committee. Since he didn't, he could be suspended and charged. Second, this creates the very real possibility that Qatar will lose the 2022 World Cup. My prediction is that Australia will get it instead of the US. Third and most important, Blatter is done. Once more allegations come forward, adidas and other major FIFA sponsors won't be able to take the heat and risk worldwide boycotts of their products. They will ask that he step down and Platini will be the interim president. The question will be; how will T&T, specifically its football, come out of this whole affair?

Better off, trust me on that!!  :beermug:

i disagree with that, it affects us negatively as well, TT football will suffer as well, people are not looking at the bigger picture. TT will be branded as well in a negative light. >:(

It will definitely paint us in a negative light to outsiders. Especially seeing that Jack is/was acting PM of Trinidad and Tobago. Plus this is not even started yet, there is still the possibility that Jack will hang on and remain a strong influence on the local game for a long time to come.

And even if he goes there will be a BIG leadership vaccum and infighting that will hobble our game in the short term. Some of the incompetent, spineless worms who towed Jack's line without a peep will be emboldened to assert themselves in a bid for power.

But IMO would be an overall positive thing to have the Trinidad and Tobago football establishment shaken to the core.  The soca warriors did their part, the foreigners press did their part. It will come down to us the citizens of T&T to make sure we don't put up with the nonsense anymore.

Guys, I've been saying on this site for months now that Jack has damaged the worlds image of T&T mostly in UK, USA, Australia and Europe. I've heard people in the past refer to "Tricky Trinis" but usually they were other Caribbean people. I had never heard English & Americans use the term, but I'm hearing it now. Its like back in the day when the African leaders were involved in corruption and ethnic cleansing. When you heard the name Idi Amin, you automatically had a negative connotation. I'm not saying Jack is like Amin, but the point is, when you hear Jack Warner you think of Trinidad. When you think of Trinidad you think of corruption.
Jack should never have entered politics all the time he's involved with FIFA. Its bad for T&Ts reputation. And its a real shame because as beautiful as this country is, and as honest and friendly as most Trinis are, all you see from the outside is high murder rates and Jack involved in corruption.

People see what they want to see my friend! We are no more corrupt than UK or the USA and they know that!
It's just that they have more influence over the world media than we do and can try to paint a false picture of us if they chose to!!

Once we clean house at the TTFF and get rid of Jack's invisible hand in the running of our federation all together then they would soon realise that Jackula's moral code does not represent the moral codes of the majority of Trinis!!

Come on the Americans had Bush as their president and the world does not see all Americans as warmongas as Bush was as a result.... well at least I hope not especially with Obama now in power!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:59:03 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

Hmm, in less than 2 months Americans get rid of Bin Laden, Bin Hammam and Bin Teefin

I borrowing this...lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
People see what they want to see my friend! We are no more corrupt than UK or the USA and they know that!
It's just that they have more influence over the world media than we do and can try to paint a false picture of us if they chose to!!

Once we clean house at the TTFF and get rid of Jack's invisible hand in the running of our federation all together then they would soon realise that Jackula's moral code does not represent the moral codes of the majority of Trinis!!

Come on the Americans had Bush as their president and the world does not see all Americans as warmongas as Bush was as a result.... well at least I hope not especially with Obama now in power!

With all due respect I think yuh missing FS point... it's not about reality, it's about perception, that is implicit in the question as to how does Trinidad emerge in the eyes of the rest of the world with respect to this scandal.  There's a separate issue of how our football will fare, which I'll try to weigh in on as well.  Without a doubt this is a black mark on the reputation of TnT, in every article of significance related to the scandal "Trinidad and Tobago" is mentioned prominently alongside Jack's name.  Without a doubt people will know us in many respects, Carnival, pan, calypso (perhaps), oil, the Soca Warriors (perhaps... Germany a fading memory as it is)... Jack Warner.  

With the exception of the British press, most of the previous references were to Jack's role with CONCACAF, but in the past 7 days or so, increasingly it seems as though TnT's name is getting sucked in as well.  The one saving grace so far is that they haven't mentioned that he's a high-ranking Government Minister as well... as this more than anything reflects poorly on our citzenry.  The obvious question to be asked is "how could the Trinidad voters elect a man of such questionable scruples to such a high position," the tempting answer would be that the people of TnT don't think much of the ethical concerns surrounding Jack, which then of itself would cast aspersions as to what our ethical standards as a nation are.  We all know Jack Warner has no business being anywhere near government, not with that ethical cloud following him around. But money buys influence and for good or bad, Jack is a very influential person.  Now in all fairness to him, he's been a very good, if at times controversial Min. of Transportation.  With a bit more of a muzzle and better oversight/supervision, he can be an excellent Minister, but all that is beside the point.

As for how it affects our football... in the short term this will have a disastrous effect on the local game.  Had this happened earlier and I doubt we even would have been able to get Pfister on board, such is the taint from this scandal.  I don't know any good reason for another country to associate itself with our football, outside of greed or need (for money).  We have nothing to offer but a payday.  Our reputation on the field is shot, and right now I'd argue we don't have any reputation off it.  Yes we can blame Jack, but the vast majority has to be placed at the foot of the TTFF administration, and to government and other stakeholders who either took a soft approach to the TTFF, or took no approach at all, just giving them money and letting them do as they would with it.  

Gary Hunt was villified, but the one thing I would forever praise Hunt for is that he brought a business approach to the relationship and demanded accountability.  People didn't like his name, didn't like his manners, didn't like the flag issue, didn't like that he try to "jeopardize" the England friendly... and in the end he was run out of town "Hunt is ah Khunt!!" was the cry... right here on this messageboard.  Are we all better for it now?  Whether it was to be him or whether it will be someone else, we need a strong personality with a solid business acumen as Min. of Sport now more than ever.  That person needs to be willing to commit to the TTFF, and most importantly, demand a seat at the table with them and accountability from them, because without Jack at the helm we will need money.  When I say demand a seat, the government can't have much if any say in how the TTFF is run on a daily basis owing to FIFA's edict about gov't staying out of sport, but bettter oversight in how money is spent might be the way.  T

he relationship promises to be mutually beneficial.  Football is a money-making business, in the past 7 years FIFA's profits have grown from $480 billion to over $900 billion.  All Confederations and member FA's get a cut of that.  Private sponsorship alone will not fill that void, public funding must necessarily play a part.  Some of this may be in the form of grants to the TTFF, but the bulk I think ought to be in the form of loans... loans which the TTFF, if properly run is guaranteed to be able to pay back... the franchise is much too profitable to fail.  The only reason it has been foundering has been because of poor management and mismanagement.  I don't fault Jack for taking money out of the TTFF, I fault him for taking more than he was owed.  Long term this promises to be the start of a much overdue turnover in TnT football, and that can only be a good thing.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Valcke's statement is more evidence of political bias (against Bin Hammam) than direct evidence as to impropriety in the award process.  It may stoke, and for some confirm, suspicions that the bid was bought, but it's hardly a smoking gun.  If anything Valcke can easily stand up and say "look, I don't like the man and I thought he used his influence to get votes, but that was just loose informal talk between Jack and I... I have no evidence that he 'bought' any votes."

Valcke says reference that Qatar ‘bought’ World Cup bid was about promotional campaign

By Associated Press,

ZURICH — FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke says his reference that Qatar had “bought” the right to host the 2022 World Cup was meant to imply the country simply used its “financial strength to lobby for support,” and not that it had done anything unethical.
The word was used in an email to FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, who released it after being suspended by FIFA on Sunday over bribery allegations in Qatari Mohamed bin Hammam’s campaign to replace Sepp Blatter as its president.

Valcke said Monday he was using “a much less formal tone than in any form of correspondence.”

In a statement Valcke adds that the Qataris had “a very important budget and have used it to heavily promote their bid.”

He insisted he was not referencing “any purchase of votes or similar unethical behavior.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dcunited/valcke-says-reference-that-qatar-bought-world-cup-bid-was-about-promotional-campaign/2011/05/30/AGwcspEH_story.html

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New CONCACAF chief turns on Blazer in FIFA row

Share  Reuters, Monday May 30 2011 By Simon Evans

MIAMI, May 30 (Reuters) - The soccer controversy that led to the banning of two leading FIFA officials has taken another twist with CONCACAF's new interim president taking aim at his general secretary Chuck Blazer.
Barbadian Lisle Austin, appointed interim president on Monday in place of suspended Trinidadian Jack Warner, moved quickly by issuing Blazer with a demand to explain himself and to stop working with the U.S. lawyers who presented evidence against Warner.
It was Blazer's report to FIFA's Ethics Committee, which included allegations of bribery against Warner and Asian soccer chief Mohammed Bin Hammam of Qatar, that led to this week's explosion of accusations and counter-accusations at world football's governing body in Zurich.
In a letter to Blazer seen by Reuters, Austin gave the American 48 hours to explain by what authority he appointed Chicago-based lawyers Collins and Collins to conduct investigations into the members of CONCACAF, the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football.
The letter also asks Blazer to produce minutes or documentation to show the decision was taken by the confederation's executive committee and to stop Collins and Collins from "conducting any business" including legal advice or representation for CONCACAF.
Lawyer John Collins has had a long-standing relationship with CONCACAF and with the U.S. Soccer Federation.
Blazer was not immediately available for comment but the letter indicates the new post-Warner CONCACAF is unlikely to make a harmonious start.
On Sunday FIFA's Ethics Committee suspended Warner and Bin Hammam pending full investigations of the charges made by Blazer.
A report by FIFA executive committee member Blazer said there had been possible violations of the FIFA ethics code in a meeting between Caribbean officials, Warner and Bin Hammam in Port of Spain this month.
Bin Hammam, who has now withdrawn his bid to take on incumbent Sepp Blatter in this week's FIFA presidential election, and Warner denied any wrongdoing.
On Monday FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke produced an email from the president of the Puerto Rico Football Association who stated he had been offered a $40,000 inducement, which he accepted, reported and was sending to soccer's governing body.
(Editing by Tony Jimenez. To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

With all due respect I think yuh missing FS point... it's not about reality, it's about perception, that is implicit in the question as to how does Trinidad emerge in the eyes of the rest of the world with respect to this scandal.  There's a separate issue of how our football will fare, which I'll try to weigh in on as well.  Without a doubt this is a black mark on the reputation of TnT, in every article of significance related to the scandal "Trinidad and Tobago" is mentioned prominently alongside Jack's name.  Without a doubt people will know us in many respects, Carnival, pan, calypso (perhaps), oil, the Soca Warriors (perhaps... Germany a fading memory as it is)... Jack Warner.  

With the exception of the British press, most of the previous references were to Jack's role with CONCACAF, but in the past 7 days or so, increasingly it seems as though TnT's name is getting sucked in as well.  The one saving grace so far is that they haven't mentioned that he's a high-ranking Government Minister as well... as this more than anything reflects poorly on our citzenry.  The obvious question to be asked is "how could the Trinidad voters elect a man of such questionable scruples to such a high position," the tempting answer would be that the people of TnT don't think much of the ethical concerns surrounding Jack, which then of itself would cast aspersions as to what our ethical standards as a nation are.  We all know Jack Warner has no business being anywhere near government, not with that ethical cloud following him around. But money buys influence and for good or bad, Jack is a very influential person.  Now in all fairness to him, he's been a very good, if at times controversial Min. of Transportation.  With a bit more of a muzzle and better oversight/supervision, he can be an excellent Minister, but all that is beside the point.

As for how it affects our football... in the short term this will have a disastrous effect on the local game.  Had this happened earlier and I doubt we even would have been able to get Pfister on board, such is the taint from this scandal.  I don't know any good reason for another country to associate itself with our football, outside of greed or need (for money).  We have nothing to offer but a payday.  Our reputation on the field is shot, and right now I'd argue we don't have any reputation off it.  Yes we can blame Jack, but the vast majority has to be placed at the foot of the TTFF administration, and to government and other stakeholders who either took a soft approach to the TTFF, or took no approach at all, just giving them money and letting them do as they would with it.  

Gary Hunt was villified, but the one thing I would forever praise Hunt for is that he brought a business approach to the relationship and demanded accountability.  People didn't like his name, didn't like his manners, didn't like the flag issue, didn't like that he try to "jeopardize" the England friendly... and in the end he was run out of town "Hunt is ah Khunt!!" was the cry... right here on this messageboard.  Are we all better for it now?  Whether it was to be him or whether it will be someone else, we need a strong personality with a solid business acumen as Min. of Sport now more than ever.  That person needs to be willing to commit to the TTFF, and most importantly, demand a seat at the table with them and accountability from them, because without Jack at the helm we will need money.  When I say demand a seat, the government can't have much if any say in how the TTFF is run on a daily basis owing to FIFA's edict about gov't staying out of sport, but bettter oversight in how money is spent might be the way.  T

he relationship promises to be mutually beneficial.  Football is a money-making business, in the past 7 years FIFA's profits have grown from $480 billion to over $900 billion.  All Confederations and member FA's get a cut of that.  Private sponsorship alone will not fill that void, public funding must necessarily play a part.  Some of this may be in the form of grants to the TTFF, but the bulk I think ought to be in the form of loans... loans which the TTFF, if properly run is guaranteed to be able to pay back... the franchise is much too profitable to fail.  The only reason it has been foundering has been because of poor management and mismanagement.  I don't fault Jack for taking money out of the TTFF, I fault him for taking more than he was owed.  Long term this promises to be the start of a much overdue turnover in TnT football, and that can only be a good thing.

Good stuff Bakes! Ah cyah seriously argue with you on any of your points!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Excellent post  :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If this has already been posted I apologize. If not, notice Jack getting increasingly ignorant. I would not have been surprised if he went for ah bottle in the middle of this interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13593742.stm
The stammer back in full effect.

he is scared he arse dark   :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
They showing the money on Soccernet.com (along with account of events from Bermuda football official).  This looking real bleak.  Want to see how Warner will wiggle his way out of this one.  Evidence is looking somewhat insurmountable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I now come back from de bush dey....read up all de comess dat went on...and all i could do is say:

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-jones-soccer-fifa-20110530,0,5553304.story

Jack Warner, Mohamed Bin Hammam provisionally suspended from international soccer
The FIFA ethics committee is investigating bribery allegations against Warner, who is a FIFA vice president and president of the CONCACAF region, and Bin Hammam, who is president of the Asian Football Confederation.

Jack Warner, Mohamed bin Hammam

FIFA executives Jack Warner, left, and Mohamed bin Hammam. (Shirley Bahadur / Associated Press)
By Grahame L. Jones

May 29, 2011, 4:00 p.m.
Two of international soccer's most influential figures, Jack Warner of Trinidad and Tobago and Mohamed Bin Hammam of Qatar, on Sunday were provisionally suspended from the sport while a more in-depth inquiry is conducted into bribery allegations made against them.

Warner, 68, is a FIFA vice president and has been president of soccer's North and Central American and Caribbean (CONCACAF) region for the last 21 years.

* Related
    * A soccer world gone mad A soccer world gone mad
    * Lionel Messi leads Barcelona to 3-1 win over Manchester United Lionel Messi leads Barcelona to 3-1 win over Manchester United
    * European Champions League final comes at too high a price European Champions League final comes at too high a price

Bin Hammam, 62, is president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and, until he withdrew Sunday morning, was running against incumbent Joseph "Sepp" Blatter in Wednesday's FIFA presidential election.

That election will go ahead, but with Blatter, 75, as the only candidate. He is expected to be rubber-stamped for a fourth term when FIFA's 208 member nations vote in Zurich.

Sunday's developments were the latest in a continuing saga that threatens to either unravel or reform scandal-ridden FIFA, international soccer's ruling body.

"We are satisfied that there is a case to be answered," by Warner and Bin Hammam, said Petrus Damaseb, the Namibian deputy chairman of FIFA's ethics committee after a daylong examination of the evidence in Zurich.

The committee also suspended two Caribbean Football Union (CFU) officials, Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester.

At the center of the storm were allegations made by American FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer of New York, who claimed that sums of up to $40,000 were paid to CFU officials by Bin Hammam at a meeting in Port of Spain, Trinidad, earlier this month.

Warner apparently facilitated that meeting after Bin Hammam was unable to obtain a visa to enter the U.S. to attend an earlier CONCACAF summit in Miami to plead his presidential case to delegates.

Bin Hammam, who had a key in Qatar being awarded the 2022 World Cup at the expense of the U.S. and other contenders, has since claimed that there was a "conspiracy" against him and that Blatter had known about the payments, which allegedly were to cover the expenses of CFU officials attending the meeting.

But the offer of money, which was refused by some, was instead viewed as an attempt to buy votes, and FIFA's ethics committee said it would probe deeper into the matter, while at the same time clearing Blatter of any involvement.

In withdrawing from the presidential race, Bin Hammam said he was doing so to keep the scandal from further harming FIFA.

"It saddens me that standing up for the causes that I believed in has come at a great price — the degradation of FIFA's reputation," he said in a prepared statement. "This is not what I had in mind for FIFA and this is unacceptable."

Within the last year, 10 current or former members of FIFA's 24-man executive committee have been implicated in various cash-for-votes scandals, many of them centering on the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments to Russia and Qatar, respectively.

This has led to widespread calls for FIFA to either be cleaned up or replaced as the sport's governing entity. On Sunday, Canadian Dick Pound, a former vice president of the International Olympic Committee, said leading soccer countries could conceivably break away and form a new organization.

"If FIFA is not going to do the game any good, the game may have to do something to FIFA," Pound told the BBC.

Blatter, meanwhile, Sunday expressed "regret" at recent developments and admitted that "FIFA's image has suffered a great deal."

grahame.jones@latimes.com

Copyright © 2011, Los Angeles Times
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:10:06 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach

Valcke's statement is more evidence of political bias (against Bin Hammam) than direct evidence as to impropriety in the award process.  It may stoke, and for some confirm, suspicions that the bid was bought, but it's hardly a smoking gun.  If anything Valcke can easily stand up and say "look, I don't like the man and I thought he used his influence to get votes, but that was just loose informal talk between Jack and I... I have no evidence that he 'bought' any votes."

Valcke says reference that Qatar ‘bought’ World Cup bid was about promotional campaign

FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke says his reference that Qatar had “bought” the right to host the 2022 World Cup was meant to imply the country simply used its “financial strength to lobby for support,” and not that it had done anything unethical.

Earlier I said that Jack was moving greedy now I find he moving stupid. He probably have too much on his plate with Private businesses, Concacaf, CFU, TTFF (advisor), UNC chairmain, Minsitry of Works, Parliamentary representative and (acting) PM of the country same time. Is too much for a man pushing 70.

He had to know that email was paper thin BS. And at the end of the day people in FIFA will always have more on Jack than he have on them.

Even if he was somehow re-instated his dogs dead because the Concacaf members see him brought to his knees and he will be a lot less powerful. A central/north american alliance could work to pull off some CFU countries with the promise of better representation or prop up the candidacy of a non-Warner CFU head.

The only unique benefit Jack could offer Concacaf is his FIFA exec comm membership and he is certain to lose that when Blatter done with him. FIFA will need a fall guy to show that they "cleaning house" and Jack is the most worthy candidate. Blazer stitch him up good and proper by taking the issue outside of FIFA into the real world.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke says his reference that Qatar had “bought” the right to host the 2022 World Cup was meant to imply the country simply used its “financial strength to lobby for support,” and not that it had done anything unethical.

Earlier I said that Jack was moving greedy now I find he moving stupid. He probably have too much on his plate with Private businesses, Concacaf, CFU, TTFF (advisor), UNC chairmain, Minsitry of Works, Parliamentary representative and (acting) PM of the country same time. Is too much for a man pushing 70.

He had to know that email was paper thin BS. And at the end of the day people in FIFA will always have more on Jack than he have on them.

Even if he was somehow re-instated his dogs dead because the Concacaf members see him brought to his knees and he will be a lot less powerful. A central/north american alliance could work to pull off some CFU countries with the promise of better representation or prop up the candidacy of a non-Warner CFU head.

The only unique benefit Jack could offer Concacaf is his FIFA exec comm membership and he is certain to lose that when Blatter done with him. FIFA will need a fall guy to show that they "cleaning house" and Jack is the most worthy candidate. Blazer stitch him up good and proper by taking the issue outside of FIFA into the real world.

:beermug:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Well yes, look thing!!!   :o :o   According to Lasana, knives in Switzerland selling for top dollars right now!!!....

Here what does kill me bout Jack, he crying that he was treated unfairly by FIFA's ethics committee but he tried every dirty trick in the book to deny the players they money he promised them......steups!!

If is one thing Jack, this new round of bacchanal providing good entertainment.....

Ah love it!!  (C) Andre Samuel

It's a joke because all of his accusations against others incriminate himself. If Blatter giving 1M in Goal money was wrong, then Jack wrong for taking it.

Also he questioning the procedure of the same Kangaroo Court that has been generous to him in the past.

The stuff about Blazer is a weak reach because I sure it was a matter where Blazer was n court on his (Concacaf's) behalf.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Right now de thing bitter, right now the thing sticky sticky!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well yes, look thing!!!   :o :o   According to Lasana, knives in Switzerland selling for top dollars right now!!!....

Here what does kill me bout Jack, he crying that he was treated unfairly by FIFA's ethics committee but he tried every dirty trick in the book to deny the players they money he promised them......steups!!

If is one thing Jack, this new round of bacchanal providing good entertainment.....

It's a joke because all of his accusations against others incriminate himself. If Blatter giving 1M in Goal money was wrong, then Jack wrong for taking it.

Also he questioning the procedure of the same Kangaroo Court that has been generous to him in the past.

The stuff about Blazer is a weak reach because I sure it was a matter where Blazer was n court on his (Concacaf's) behalf.

FIFA may not even have to do much more to hang Jack's Jack after all!
It's looks like Jack is quite capable of doing it to himself if he continues to open his mouth without thinking things thru properly as he has been doing!  :-[
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:49:11 PM by Socapro »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As an side, it is amazing to me that a man who has spent so much time in the public eye, well travelled, and supposedly global has so much trouble articulating himself to the point where he delivers a lucid message.  Reminds of "de ticket below, de bogus ticket" speech from 1989
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As an side, it is amazing to me that a man who has spent so much time in the public eye, well travelled, and supposedly global has so much trouble articulating himself to the point where he delivers a lucid message.  Reminds of "de ticket below, de bogus ticket" speech from 1989

Am I the only one here who is embarrassed most of the time that Jack is Trinidadian?!  :-[
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:16:46 PM by Socapro »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile

wow.. u remember dat too..   :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA's Jack Warner 'diverted Caribbean Football Union travel funds'By Charles Sale

Last updated at 12:01 AM on 31st May 2011

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Share
The astonishing fall-out from the Caribbean bribesfest that has sent FIFA into turmoil includes allegations CONCACAF ringmaster Jack Warner benefited through his family travel agency’s involvement.

The report compiled by Chicago lawyer Jack Collins for whistleblower Chuck Blazer on the cash-for-votes scandal at a Caribbean Football Union meeting alleges 50 delegates from 25 associations were told to have refunded travel and accommodation organised through Warner’s Simpaul’s Travel or risk having to pay.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1392575/FIFAs-Jack-Warner-diverted-Caribbean-Football-Union-travel-funds-CHARLES-SALE.html#ixzz1NtgKWo6p

Home News U.S.     Sport TV&Showbiz Femail Health Science&Tech Money Debate Coffee Break Travel Royal Wedding Sport Home Headlines Football Stats Fantasy Game London 2012 Cricket F1 Golf Racing Rugby Tennis Other Boards Blogs My Profile Logout Login Find a Job Dating Wine Our Papers Feedback My Stories Tuesday, May 31 2011 3AM  53°F 6AM 53°F 5-Day Forecast FIFA's Jack Warner 'diverted Caribbean Football Union travel funds'By Charles Sale

Last updated at 12:01 AM on 31st May 2011

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Share
The astonishing fall-out from the Caribbean bribesfest that has sent FIFA into turmoil includes allegations CONCACAF ringmaster Jack Warner benefited through his family travel agency’s involvement.

The report compiled by Chicago lawyer Jack Collins for whistleblower Chuck Blazer on the cash-for-votes scandal at a Caribbean Football Union meeting alleges 50 delegates from 25 associations were told to have refunded travel and accommodation organised through Warner’s Simpaul’s Travel or risk having to pay.

What, me? Jack Warner's own name has been flagged up in the reports by a US lawyer into FIFA corruption
    More from Charles Sale...  Charles Sale: Bernstein fails to show United front 29/05/11   Charles Sale: Platini's meddling poses a problem for United ahead of Champions League final 28/05/11   Charles Sale: Evidence lacking for Lord Triesman's allegations against FIFA 27/05/11   Charles Sale: Man United can't lose as brand booms 25/05/11   Charles Sale: Usmanov stirs the stock pot in Arsenal power battle 24/05/11   Charles Sale: England manager Capello bangs the drum for Wilshere 23/05/11   CHARLES SALE: FA warn Rooney over tweet threat 20/05/11   FA raise stakes in FIFA bribes probe as relations are further strained 20/05/11   VIEW FULL ARCHIVE   The cost of the two day-event at the Hyatt Regency in Port of Spain, Trinidad, bankrolled by Mohamed Bin Hammam, was understood to be $7,000 per delegate. This would total a tidy marked-up $350,000 payment to Simpaul’s, who have been caught up in numerous other  controversies involving Warner.

The witness statement in the Blazer file that alleged Simpaul’s had provided her airline came from Sonia Bien-Aime, secretary general of the Turks and Caicos Islands Football Association.

And Warner’s official CFU invitation sent to members said: ‘Please be advised that should you make your own travel arrangements, I  cannot guarantee reimbursement of the cost.’

Warner said yesterday: ‘Bin Hammam wired $260,000 to pay for accommodation, air fares, this is the norm.’ But Bin Hammam, who published his own witness statement to the ethics committee, said he had paid $360,000, leaving a six-figure sum unaccounted for or with Simpaul’s.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1392575/FIFAs-Jack-Warner-diverted-Caribbean-Football-Union-travel-funds-CHARLES-SALE.html#ixzz1NtgcvuNe
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile

FIFA may not even have to do much more to hang Jack's Jack after all!
It's looks like Jack is quite capable of doing it to himself if he continues to open his mouth without thinking things thru properly as he has been doing!  :-[

The problem with that is you think normal rules apply here and applying that logic.  At this moment normal logic or justice don't apply to FIFA and haven't for quite sometime.  Over the past couple of years their actions / responses have increasing become more blatant/absurb/farcical or down right unbelievable depending upon which adjective you want to put on it.

For me this is about money and power and its a case of "If I can't have it your not or I'll bring the whole lot down".  They are so confident and full of themselves that it will be "business as usual" after this that they don't even care the press will pick up on everything or that they have an audience, because to them the press and audience don't really matter, they simply don't have a vote. This could be no more evident than Blatter's press conference which is a classic, you simply don't treat the international press like that without any payback.

It is only a matter of when not if FIFA has it house cleaned for it, maybe this is the tipping point maybe not.  But the likelyhood is that when it does happen the poorer football nations will suffer due to the perception or otherwise of the "tainted funding" recieved in the past and how the present voting system has helped.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This could be no more evident than Blatter's press conference which is a classic, you simply don't treat the international press like that without any payback.

It is only a matter of when not if FIFA has it house cleaned for it, maybe this is the tipping point maybe not.  But the likelyhood is that when it does happen the poorer football nations will suffer due to the perception or otherwise of the "tainted funding" recieved in the past and how the present voting system has helped.

I honestly think this will be Blatter's downfall, the degree of pomposity was just astounding... what with the talk of "this is FIFA house" and "you cannot question me, I am the President of FIFA".  You'd think the press was changing money in St. Peter's Basilica, and questioning Christ himself.  It would be funny if he wasn't being so dead serious.  John Cleese, Eric Idle and the rest of the Monty Python crew could not have written a more farcical script.  Under different circumstances you'd half expect him to look into the camera at the end and say "live from Zurich, this is Saturday Night!".
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:24:56 AM by Bakes »

truetrini

Re: Chuck Blazer and Jack...
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2011, 01:25:18 AM »
NOW IS THE TIME:
HOW WE ARE THE LEADERS WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN WORLD FOOTBALL
By Mel Brennan

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=200808523296953
---
“Soccer is not just what you see on the field.
It  is a human activity that never sleeps, that absorbs the time and energy  and
the thoughts of millions of people all over the world.  It is a  world within a
world with its own leaders, its own one hundred years of  history, heroes,
triumphs and tragedies.  A world no better and no worse  than the one we live
in, full of admirable and shameful things, of  sublime and sordid moments, of
honorable and disreputable people…"
-    Paul Gardner

"A fan?  I don't need you to be a f**king fan; I need you to be a businessman. 
You - you ARE a capitalist, aren't you?"
-    FIFA Executive Chuck Blazer, to the author, CONCACAF Gold Cup Downtown
Marriott, Los Angeles 2002

Part One: 40 Years of Women with Cold Feet

Given  the steady doses of light that have been recently shone on FIFA’s  secret
world, more and more people are seriously concerning themselves  with how the
world’s most popular and prolific sport is being led.  Some  are reacting with a
recalcitrant pessimism – “What else did you  expect?” – while others are
honestly, entirely shocked.

I see a new way forward.  And it’s the answer to the questions “Who will lead?”
and “Leadership toward what end?”

Nine  days into my tenure as Head of Special Projects for CONCACAF (UEFA’s 
equivalent in the Caribbean, North and Central America) my boss –  everyone’s
boss – invited me to dinner.

Charles Gordon  “Chuck” Blazer, the only multinational General Secretary of a 
representative body the size of CONCACAF who is also simultaneously the 
Treasurer, had always been possessed of the ability to make everyone he  came
across feel pretty good – about themselves and about him.  And why  not?  A guy
who actively reminds one of Santa Claus, Chuck’s gruff  voice, authentic smile
and charismatic charm can take hold of a room,  and not let go until he’s
connected with everyone in it.  Hell, the  first thing this rotund man told me
about himself was that he wanted to  write a book called “40 Years of Women with
Cold Feet,” an expose of  four decades of female efforts to snuggle cold toes
under the enticingly  warm folds of his prodigious gut.

And I still wanted to work in world football.  More than anything.

Chuck  was, and is, a convincer, a consensus-maker.  A political set of  skills,
for a political job.  I looked forward to learning some of those  skills, and
others I didn’t have, working in an environment that on the  one hand was, no
doubt, a dream job; on the other, it was one I  probably didn’t deserve to
enjoy.

Of course, I love world  football; I’ve been a PSG and George Weah fan since the
days of that  COMMODORE sponsorship, grew up on “Soccer Made in Germany” on our
local  public television station, played the sport from age six onward, and am a 
founding member of FC United of Manchester, the  MyFootballClub/Ebbsfleet United
effort, and even found myself one of the  floating managers you could select to
support your club-building  efforts in Football Manager 2005.

But these aren’t the bonifides that ought be required to execute football
governance at the highest level, are they?

If  CONCACAF were to draw upon the footballing brain trust found within the  40
nations it governs, who, down the hall and across from me in the  rareified air
of our Trump Tower New York City offices would still  qualify to work there? 
Not many, and certainly not me.  I was there  because I begged to be there, and
I thought that Chuck saw some  potential in me to become my preconceived notion
of what a sport  administrator and leader should be.

On this night, I would  find out differently.  I would find out where football’s
money goes,  and discover what was the beginning of my falling deeply OUT of
love  with world football’s leadership.

Mia Kamran, Chuck’s IT  assistant, I soon learned, would join us for dinner.  We
would be going  somewhere to fellowship and bond as a team, she said, as well as
watch  the US Men’s National Team in World Cup Qualifying against Costa Rica.
What a way to start this dream gig, I thought to myself.

Our  extended limo driver was singer Gloria Gaynor’s brother, Arthur, and, 
although initially suspicious of my (and probably anyone’s) claims to  know her,
we soon settled into a friendly discussion about my  experiences with Gloria,
her support of my father’s sister in her time  of need, our fellowship at
Thanksgiving.
Chuck interrupted with  the slightly annoyed look and tone of a man used to
being the center of  attention who was finding the conversation drifting away
from his  intents, his control.

“Know where we’re headed?” Chuck asked me conspiratorially.  “Scores.”  He
smiled.  “Could be a long night,” he added lightly.

I  knew the strip club – it’s a part of Manhattan culture as much as  anything
else – but had never been; what I became intimately aware of  was Chuck’s focus
on my reaction to this news.  Somehow I knew that how I  responded to where we
were headed meant much to this man.

I pulled out my phone.  I dialed my wife.

“You need to check with your wife?” Chuck bellowed, bemused.

“I  need to let her know it could be a long night, like to you said,” I  said
cautiously.  Chuck, seemingly somehow disappointed, dismissed my  response,
moving on to engage Mia, sitting opposite me in the limo.

---

“Welcome back Mr. Blazer,” the doorman announced, opening the door for Chuck’s
unceremonious exit from the limo.

We  had a whole section to ourselves – Chuck, Mia, myself, and several  other
CONCACAF personnel who would come to comprise what I called The  Menagerie –
collections of ostensible misfits who fit perfectly into  Chuck’s intents for
them as we all inhabited CONCACAF’s weird  space…often, members of The Menagerie
would sit at their workstations  all day, playing Solitaire or falling asleep,
until Chuck beamed down a  message via AOL instant messenger to them from his
apartment in Trump  Tower’s residential section above us, activating them for
some purpose  or another…this is where CONCACAF’s money goes; where the money
that  springs from the love of the game by hundreds of millions goes.  As time 
went on, I was determined NOT to be relegated to this “Team B”; for The 
Menagerie was seen by the minority of folks who actually did work at  CONCACAF
as the price to be paid to be in the good work of world  football governance
under a man like Chuck.  That group was not going to  be me.

But this first night out, as we entered Scores,  all I knew was that, well, this
was different for a first night out with  the boss.

As we inhabited our section, I spent most of my  time talking with Mia –
exploring how she got to CONCACAF (she and  Chuck “found each other online”) as
well as the extent of her IT  knowledge (“I don’t really know much; Chuck let’s
me figure it out”).  Then came the filet mignon and the shoulder massages, both
of which I  have to admit were quite nice.  Oh yes, and the match was on a small 
television mounted in the corner…that too.

When the game,  and the fun and games, were all over, Chuck pulled out something
I had  never seen before.  He handed it to Mia, who handed it to me so I could 
hand it to the waitress/masseuse.

An American Express  Card, with CONCACAF and Blazer’s name on it. But it was a
color I’d  never seen before.  It was black.  This was the AMEX Centurion Card; 
card privileges are invitation-only, granted after extremely strict net  worth,
credit, and spending criteria are met.

“This your  card, Chuck?” I asked, curious.  Chuck ignored me, turned to a 
stripper/dancer he knew, and smiled, whispering something that made her  smile
back.

This card existed on the back of the  aggregated wealth of CONCACAF; the
everyday commitment to football made  by the people of CONCACAF’s forty nations
(and the subsequent investment  television broadcasters and advertisers make in
football to reach those  audiences, and the resultant sales they expect to
garner from those  audiences) made it possible.

And it was in Chuck’s name.  And it just paid for food, strippers/dancers, and
a set of massages.  That’s what the General Secretary and Treasurer of
CONCACAF, the FIFA  Executive from North America, spent the region’s money
on…regularly.

While  Mia Kamran turned out to be Masuda Sultan, a woman who left us after 
September 11th 2001 to support her fractured family in Afghanistan,  executing a
powerful documentary and becoming altogether serious about  her life and
intentions in the process, I stayed, only leaving CONCACAF  some 25 months
later.

Yet the remainder of my time there,  from that night in February 2001 until I
resigned in 2003 was informed,  in many ways, by that night.

Other people’s money, money  meant for investment in football as culture, was
being used for outings  like that night.  Seemingly all the time.

---

Part Two: Black President

When  consultant (“Senior Consultant, you bugger,” I can imagine the man 
correcting me right now) Clive Toye rejected the idea of going himself  to 2002
FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan,  FIFA VP and CONCACAF President Jack  Warner
instructed Chuck Blazer to offer me the opportunity.

"I  told Jack it was a mistake," Chuck told me before I left for Korea. "We 
should be gleaning far more value from this delegation slot than we are  by
giving it to you. But Jack wants you to go."

Surely  Jack, today, regrets that decision.  But throughout my time at CONCACAF 
and with FIFA, Jack played a clear role in what I saw and experienced,  and what
I did not see.

Born Austin Warner, “Jack,” a  nickname almost tailor-made to try to make one
invisible, was how  everyone described him at the CONCACAF offices when I
arrived.  Indeed,  it was Jack, who had major concerns about the lack of black
faces at the  Secretariat in New York, who indirectly played a major role in me
being  hired.

“I love your martial arts background, and you can  do what we’re asking you to
do…but it also doesn’t hurt that you are  African-American,” Chuck said, hiring
me.  “It gets him off of my back  on that front.”

I didn’t care about Chuck bastardized  attempt at Affirmative Action policy; I
was in, and working for, a black  president.  My pride knew no bounds.  I had
led men and women for  organizations and partnerships including Disney/ESPN,
SEGA, Universal  Studios, DreamWorks SKG…and never had I seen anyone of my own
skin color  in a position of determinate power in those organizations (Sidney 
Poitier sat on the Disney board at the time I worked there, and  dialoguing with
him in New York at one of their board meetings was a  powerful experience, but
he didn’t lead there).  Jack was the first.

And  the first disappointment.  Clive wrote all his words, Chuck took all  his
credit, and, at the FIFA Congress, I watched him lie to his  delegates.

The sounds and smells of Namdemun Market making  their way into the Seoul
Hilton, I watched this leader, my leader, tell  this extensive, detailed,
elaborate story about how he was approached  in the middle of the night by (at
that time candidate for FIFA President  himself, and current alleged taker of
bribes) Issa Hayatou and his  entourage, seeking an audience.

And as Jack told his rapt  delegation audience how he stood firm against racial
pressure from that  entourage to vote for the black compatriot, and stood tall
for what was  right, moral and just…voting for Sepp Blatter…his outrage was
palpable,  his indignation on display for all to see.

He received  raucous applause, and, despite claims of independent thinking and
voting  from the NAs (not unlike we’re hearing from Warner sycophants like 
USSF’s Sunil Gulati today), CONCACAF voted as a bloc in the direction  Warner
pointed them.

That night, at one of the many meals the host nation provided free for FIFA
delegates, I explored the day’s events with Chuck.

“Power  speech by Jack, huh?” I launched.  “Shame Hayatou felt that his best 
bet was to play the race card, that he felt his candidacy didn’t stand  on its
own merit.”

“Didn’t happen,” Chuck murmured between bites.

“Sorry?” I responded, confused.

Chuck  chewed, swallowed, then spoke.  “Never happened,” he gruffed at me.  I 
still looked confused.  “That story Jack told?  He made it up.  To get  the
delegates to be outraged that Hayatou would try to manipulate Jack,  and
consequently their vote, he manipulated them, and their vote, with  an elaborate
lie.”

I stared at Chuck, apparently open-mouthed.

“Close  your mouth,” Chuck said, disgustedly.  “If you don’t get that this is 
political life and death, wake up now!”  Chuck went back to eating.

I went to my room.

Under  the door had been slipped a piece of election material from Sepp 
Blatter.  This was 2002, and Blatter’s polished program described how  2002 was
“Halftime” in his ambitions to shape FIFA.  Just give me four  more years, and
I’ll be done, was the intimation.

I tossed it in the trash.

I  knew Blatter, like Warner, Blazer and all the others in the FIFA  Twenty-Four
and throughout the confederations, would never give up  power, never orient
FIFA’s resources toward the interests hopes and  concerns of most people, most
of the time, while looking out for the  most vulnerable.

They would only exercise perfect political power, for the benefit of themselves
and those to whom they owed political favors.

That was it, and that would be all I could expect from the black President and
his compatriots.

The  next day, Jack handed me a check.  “Some additional for you,” Jack  said. 
The check was drawn on the bank of the CFU – the Caribbean  Football Union, a
body in which Jack technically had no power.  How many  $75 dollar checks, for
whatever purpose, were being written by Jack,  who had no fiduciary right to
disburse such funds?  How many dollars  went from being resources for youth in
the region to being payoffs in  political dramas for Jack, his family and his
cronies?
-----

Part Three: We Can Do Better

We CAN do better.  And we can do better right now.  And now is the time.

Time  for a governing body that values historic commitments to football while 
being inclusive of everyone’s intents.  Now is the time for a  governance
framework that  doesn’t equate the investment in football of  Turks and Caicos
Islands with that of France, England, Germany, Spain,  Brazil or Argentina (let
alone Australia, Japan, or Korea), but forever  affirms the equity of value of
the human beings in those spaces and  places.  A governing body that can be
possessed of more than one idea at  a time, and can reflect greatness, and not
baseness, in those ideas.

We can have that right now.  And now is the time.

Now  is the time for a governing body perfectly, cyber-spatially  transparent;
one where anyone with an interest in football can go online  and see, in
real-time, where the investment in football goes, and,  crucially, can offer up
a say on that distribution.

A  governing body made up of national associations themselves comprised of 
representatives voted in by the people.  All the people.

A  governing body that organizes itself in regional ways that  authentically
distribute power.  The Americas, Asia/Oceania, Europe and  Africa.  Four
common-sense confederations, with about 50 nations per  region.  A Cup of
Nations that celebrates eight nations per region at  that tournament, the
ostensible pinnacle of international power and  performance football.

A governing body that sees power and  performance football as only one of two
necessary pillars of football  culture, the other being the pleasure and
participation forms of the  sport that the other 98% of the world experience.  A
governing body with  something to say about the vitality and health aspects of
enjoying  something throughout the life cycle, and not just in ways that declare 
one retired at 35.  A governing body which celebrates fair play more  than just
winning at any cost, and institutionalizes its competitions  with that in mind.

A governing body reflective of the  mosaic of diversity found in the commitments
to the game.  That is, a  governing body that of course includes women, the
differently-abled, the  poor and working poor and all kinds of others in its
determinations.  A  world, represented, for the world’s game.

A governing body that does more to redress racism than Aparthied opportunism and
celebrity press releases every six months.

A governing body fully, authentically democratic.  By us.  For us.

We  can do that right now, and leave these clowns behind.  We don’t have to  try
to “fix” FIFA; the thing that these men fear more than anything  else is that
you and I will wake up one day and realize that not one of  us needs FIFA, as
FIFA, at all.
We can simply walk away from these “leaders.”

We are the leaders we are looking for.

Mel  Brennan is formerly a Visiting Lecturer in the Department of  Kinesiology
at Towson University (MD, USA) and is currently a District  Executive Center
Director for a major community health and well-being  organization. Mel's
doctoral work took place at the University of  Stirling, Scotland UK, with a
focus on human kinetics, human rights and  Olympiads. He is co-author, with
Prof. Grant Jarvie and Dr. Tony Hwang,  of Sport, Revolution and the Beijing
Olympics, from Berg (2007). He is  also author of The Apprentice: Tragicomic
Times Among the Men Running -  and Ruining - World Football.  As the
highest-ranked African-American in  the history of world football's governance,
Mel has been interviewed by  German, Dutch and British television and radio and
newspapers  concerning global sport governance and corruption, and has written 
several articles exploring a better, healthier role for sport in  democratic
societies. Prior to his work in sport, Mel was GM and AGM for  production and
operations at several location-based entertainment  sites, with organizations
and partnerships such as Sega, DreamWorks SKG,  Universal Studios, WWE and the
Walt Disney Company/ESPN.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:29:07 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roberts: Awesome impact on local football
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2011, 04:31:57 AM »
Roberts: Awesome impact on local football
By Aabida Allaham (T&T Express)

SPORT and Youth Affairs Minister Anil Roberts says if Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner is found guilty by the FIFA ethics committee, it would have a negative impact on local football.

"Warner has been instrumental in not only moving the Concacaf region up to world prominence but also enhancing Trinidad and Tobago's opportunity to succeed at the world's sphere, so any adverse finding against Minister Warner will definitely have an impact on football here in Trinidad and Tobago," he said during a telephone interview yesterday.

He said while he was not going to jump to conclusions about Warner's innocence as FIFA vice-president, he was going to monitor the situation very closely because "it could have some very awesome impacts, not only on sport in Trinidad and Tobago but football on the whole".

Roberts said there were people comparing the controversy surrounding Warner to that of former senator Mary King, but he insisted it was not the same.

"I think there is no real comparison because in that situation, King admitted on three points that she had erred," he said.

Asked whether he thought Warner should continue to hold the posts of FIFA vice-president and Works Minister, Roberts said he saw no problem with it.

"Yes, the stress can have an impact on you, but he has become accustomed to this; on the other hand, we must monitor and wait for all the facts to come out because right now, I repeat, there are no facts, there are only allegations," he said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile

wow.. u remember dat too..   :beermug:

What speech??  ah miss dat one apparently. Back then ah wasn't paying Jack much thought and all I remember is that people still have tickets for that match but didn't get in.....is from then ah know Jack was a crook but ah cyar remember this speech....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts: Awesome impact on local football
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2011, 05:16:50 AM »
Asked whether he thought Warner should continue to hold the posts of FIFA vice-president and Works Minister, Roberts said he saw no problem with it.

aaaaahhhhh boy Anil, yuh eh disappoint at all.  Hear what jokey bout this eh, the COP in a statement say he should step aside, but the man who running to lead the party say he eh see no problem with the situation.....ah guess Anil running a campaign of "new politics"??   ::)

Whey de COP people on this forum......talk to me folks, all yuh really serious about electing this man as leader??   ??? :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>