April 29, 2024, 09:19:36 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107561 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The only thing I could see in article 29 is about powers of attorney. Perhaps if Blazer didn't have authority to engage legal counsel on CONCACAF's behalf, he may have committed a breach which allows him to be fired. It might all hinge on who paying the fees.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Banana Republic politics.  These men are simply reflecting how we Caribbean nations conduct business: with baseless abuse of power!  Once again, we have a puppet acting and trying to act arbitrarily.  Probably collected he bag ah money and don't want to give it back, and vex with Blazer for insisting that they do so.  The seat of power in Concacaf may well change after this.  I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything from the Mexican federation.  I guess they are waiting to see where how things play out before they take a side?  

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sad to say and I don't mind if I am called unpatriotic but I really hope that power should go to either Mexicans or Americans. Maybe just maybe we in the Caribbean would really start working hard and putting proper plans together knowing that we have no help to get. The US and Mexico have been consistent over the years I really don't see why they shouldn't lead concacaf.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sad to say and I don't mind if I am called unpatriotic but I really hope that power should go to either Mexicans or Americans. Maybe just maybe we in the Caribbean would really start working hard and putting proper plans together knowing that we have no help to get. The US and Mexico have been consistent over the years I really don't see why they shouldn't lead concacaf.

before yuh make dem statements congo,find out what happen when de Mexican was there before Jack and what importance de caribbean islands had?See if he wasn't bias too especially towards central america?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm just confused! Austin says Blazer acted without authority from exco, then apparently acts without the same authority by sacking Blazer. What a joke this is becoming.
And why have we not heard more about the Simpaul involvement? Surely Warner abused his power by ordering delegates to book with Simpaul. At the very least, if there was no tender (which I'm sure there wasn't) then Warner could be accused of lining his families pockets at the expense of CFU. Its even more blatant than the Kamla situation. at least she had no direct financial involvement in GoPaul.

You know, if this was UK or USA, journos would be all over this. Then theres the "missing million". No one out there bothered?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Considerin that Chuck is a tief and the Mexicans wasn't doing anything much in CONCACAF before Jack came along, the assumption that a Mexican or American head would do better is weak. Check the USOC bacchanal with the Salt Lake City Olympics.

Nationality doesn't equate to competence or integrity. After all, Blatter is Swiss. Who more competent and reliable than the Swiss?

The current power structure lends itself to the kinds of bacchanal we see all over the world. I don't know how that can be changed. If envelopes of money passing, and there is no real deterrent penalty for offenders (i.e. fines and jail), then any system can be corrupted.

The thing about Jack is that he's not incompetent. His goals get accomplished. This is why you haven't see any huge clamor for his replacement among the member federations.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
I'm just confused! Austin says Blazer acted without authority from exco, then apparently acts without the same authority by sacking Blazer. What a joke this is becoming.
And why have we not heard more about the Simpaul involvement? Surely Warner abused his power by ordering delegates to book with Simpaul. At the very least, if there was no tender (which I'm sure there wasn't) then Warner could be accused of lining his families pockets at the expense of CFU. Its even more blatant than the Kamla situation. at least she had no direct financial involvement in GoPaul.

You know, if this was UK or USA, journos would be all over this. Then theres the "missing million". No one out there bothered?

Business as usual! Doh forget it’s a government minister and all ministers are innocent until proven guilty!!

Don't forget the PM says she stands by Jack so he's obviously hasn't been found guilty of anything!
Why embarrass our PM by investigating and possibly finding out things which are better kept quiet?

Safest thing to do where JW is concerned is to act like none of his affairs is worth investigating and hope everyone forgets about it and moves on.

Why yuh bringing these gapping issues up?! I feel you must be ah PNM supporter yes!!
Why yuh against JW so!? He’s your hardest working minister!!
Everytime you drive down the road in T&T and doh get stuck in traffic you must thank him!!
How could you not trust such a great man and want to investigate his affairs?!!

Allyuh PNM is something else yes!! (Controv, wha yuh say, ah sounding more logical now?!) ::)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:40:25 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Banana Republic politics.  These men are simply reflecting how we Caribbean nations conduct business: with baseless abuse of power!  Once again, we have a puppet acting and trying to act arbitrarily.  Probably collected he bag ah money and don't want to give it back, and vex with Blazer for insisting that they do so.  The seat of power in Concacaf may well change after this.  I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything from the Mexican federation.  I guess they are waiting to see where how things play out before they take a side?  

Beforejack became president, Concacaf HQ was in Quatemala. The only Caribbean countries use to get respect were Haiti and Cuba because they were there from the beginning. Is only when the CFU was formed the Carib started to flex a little muscle thru jack. He moved the HQ to NY with the help of maybe Blazer himself or another american,  because he said the federation needed a big country profile. But they moved because the US was emerging as a football nation and was doling out money at the time. Concacaf (with the exception of US and Mex) as a federation did not have money.

The Quats were pissed suffice to say and tried to rally the Central Americans, but nothing happenned. It did not worry the Mexican because they have plenty football money and the best organized league in Latin American. Concacaf can't do them nothing if they don't step on anyone toes. And anyways they have the best team in the zone and on most occasions qualify for the WC.

the CFU  voted in block , their ace in hand. The CFU has benefitted by the small Carib countries getting a shot at the US and Mex and on a given day can reek some havoc. But in the final analysis, the REAL game is played on the field and not the boardroom. That is why only JA and TT has qualified in recent times.

Now,  If they split the vote, then the CFU teams will get thunder. Los espanoles will gang up against los brits.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Emirates add voice to FIFA criticism
May 31, 2011
Espnsoccernet.com

Airline giant Emirates have become the third of FIFA's key sponsors to express disappointment at the continuing controversy surrounding the world governing uh

Coca-Cola and adidas both issued statements on Sunday revealing their concern about the ongoing crisis at the top of the game's administration.

Boutros Boutros, Emirates' divisional senior vice-president, corporate communications, said: "Emirates, like all football fans around the world, are disappointed with the issues that are currently surrounding the administration of this sport.

"Emirates' sponsorship of all FIFA tournaments, including the FIFA World Cup, aims to help promote football and ensure that it is accessible to the billions of football fans; something FIFA have managed to do extremely well in recent years.

"We hope that these issues will be resolved as soon as possible and the outcome will be in the interest of the game and sport in general.''

Fellow sponsors Sony and Hyundai-Kia Motor are keeping their distance from the row, though Visa also made their feeling known on Tuesday.

A Visa spokesperson said: "The current situation is clearly not good for the game and we ask that FIFA take all necessary steps to resolve the concerns that have been raised.''

Both Coca-Cola and fellow sponsors adidas appeared to stand by FIFA but not without also expressing concern.

A Coca-Cola spokesperson said: "The current allegations being raised are distressing and bad for the sport. We have every expectation that FIFA will resolve this situation in an expedient and thorough manner.''

An adidas spokesman said: "Adidas enjoys a long-term, close and successful partnership with FIFA that we are looking forward to continuing. Adidas will be an official sponsor of FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil.

"Having said that, the negative tenor of the public debate around FIFA at the moment is neither good for football nor for FIFA and its partners.''

time when the body has rarely been in better financial shape.

Their most recent accounts for the four-year period up to and including the 2010 World Cup revealed revenues of USD 4 billion (currently £2.4 billion) and profits of $631 million (£382 million). Income from the key sponsors amounts to 26% of total revenue, around $1 billion.

Adidas have said they are committed to remaining as a sponsor until the 2014 World Cup and others will have firm agreements in place but any dissatisfaction could nevertheless have ramifications.

Sports consultant Stephen Dunham said: "With sponsors starting to make noises, that could potentially start to ring alarm bells within FIFA. These guys pay huge amounts of money for their products to be associated with football because of the global reach of the game.

"They will be wanting it taken new territories but they will want it done properly and sensibly. It could soon come to a point where they might think it potentially becomes damaging to their brand.

"You would have to look at what the contracts say in terms of get-out and break clauses and whether there was any scope to break a contract legally from what they have signed. But sponsors making noises will resonate with them because of the impact that will have with revenues.''

Put
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The only thing I could see in article 29 is about powers of attorney. Perhaps if Blazer didn't have authority to engage legal counsel on CONCACAF's behalf, he may have committed a breach which allows him to be fired. It might all hinge on who paying the fees.

Blazer don't need permission to do that... he might need permission to pay Ross out of CONCACAF's accounts, but not to hire a lawyer to look into corruption.  Think about it, you need permission from CONCACAF in order to investigate corruption in CONCACAF... you'd never get anywhere.  I think he doh like the backstabbing way Blazer went about things and Blazer calling everybody integrity into question by saying all FA's are being investigated.  Good or bad Blazer is a mutt.

Business as usual! Doh forget it’s a government minister and all ministers are innocent until proven guilty!!

Don't forget the PM says she stands by Jack so he's obviously hasn't been found guilty of anything!
Why embarrass our PM by investigating and possibly finding out things which are better kept quiet?

Safest thing to do where JW is concerned is to act like none of his affairs is worth investigating and hope everyone forgets about it and moves on.

Why yuh bringing these gapping issues up?! I feel you must be ah PNM supporter yes!!
Why yuh against JW so!? He’s your hardest working minister!!
Everytime you drive down the road in T&T and doh get stuck in traffic you must thank him!!
How could you not trust such a great man and want to investigate his affairs?!!

Allyuh PNM is something else yes!! (Controv, wha yuh say, ah sounding more logical now?!) ::)

To be honest with you that's not really much of an issue to me... the bribery allegations are waaaaaayy more serious.  Jack didn't order anybody to book with Simpaul, he essentially said "I can't guarantee you that you'll be reimbursed if you book on your own"... he then charge Bin Hammam $100,000 more than the cost it seems.  There is nothing crooked or illegal about what he did the delegates paid the same as they would have paid otherwise on their own... the only difference is thaty by going thru Simpaul Jack was able to pad his coffers at Bin Hammam's expense.  Is not FIFA money or CONCACAF money is Bin Hammam's money... so big deal.

Kamla also doing the right thing... these are not criminal charges, is political manouevering and the investigation hasn't even started yet... is she supposed to fire/suspend Jack and they ent have nutten on him yet?  Let the investigation run its course.  Not that I supporting Jack... I just supporting things being done the right way.

-------------------------

Deeks... CONCACAF actually headquartered in the Bahamas, surprised to find that out myself (unless the Articles of Incorporation old).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:38:47 PM by Bakes »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Beforejack became president, Concacaf HQ was in Quatemala. The only Caribbean countries use to get respect were Haiti and Cuba because they were there from the beginning. Is only when the CFU was formed the Carib started to flex a little muscle thru jack. He moved the HQ to NY with the help of maybe Blazer himself or another american,  because he said the federation needed a big country profile. But they moved because the US was emerging as a football nation and was doling out money at the time. Concacaf (with the exception of US and Mex) as a federation did not have money.

The Quats were pissed suffice to say and tried to rally the Central Americans, but nothing happenned. It did not worry the Mexican because they have plenty football money and the best organized league in Latin American. Concacaf can't do them nothing if they don't step on anyone toes. And anyways they have the best team in the zone and on most occasions qualify for the WC.

the CFU  voted in block , their ace in hand. The CFU has benefitted by the small Carib countries getting a shot at the US and Mex and on a given day can reek some havoc. But in the final analysis, the REAL game is played on the field and not the boardroom. That is why only JA and TT has qualified in recent times.

Now,  If they split the vote, then the CFU teams will get thunder. Los espanoles will gang up against los brits.

Where on the map is Quatemala??

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2011, 02:55:13 AM »
Trinidad Express Newspaper National News of Trinidad and Tobago
Print this article
Hinds: Probe if bribe $$ floating in T&T
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Hinds__Probe_if_bribe____floating_in_T_T-122922038.html

By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com
June 1, 2011
Opposition Senator Fitzgerald Hinds has called on Commissioner of Police Dwayne Gibbs and the Comptroller of Customs to investigate whether hundreds of thousands of United States (US) currency illegally entered this country in relation to bribery allegations leveled against suspended FIFA vice-president Jack Warner.

He also called on Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to take immediate action if bribery allegations are made against any member of her Government.

"I am calling on the commissioner since a crime against the law of Trinidad and Tobago may have been committed. I am calling upon the Comptroller of Customs to check the records to see whether large amounts of US currency was illegally imported into Trinidad and Tobago without declaration and if not where did the money come from to fund it locally? These are the issues I want the Minister of National Security and the Minister of Justice to address," said Hinds.

Hinds raised the issue as he debated the Miscellaneous Provisions (Ministry of Justice) Bill, 2011 at the Senate sitting yesterday.

Warner, the Minister of Works and Transport, as well as Qatari FIFA executive member Mohamed bin Hammam were suspended on Sunday by FIFA's ethics committee for allegedly bribing members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) with US$40,000 each to solicit votes for bin Hammam who was contesting the FIFA presidency but later withdrew.

Warner had promised that a "political tsunami" would occur in the football world.

Hinds raised the issue in the Senate yesterday while Leader of Government Business, Subhas Panday, repeatedly quoted various standing orders to prevent him from dragging on the matter.

Responding to Hinds's call for a probe, Panday said, "In any event those are merely allegations and you are using allegations as truth and calling upon the Comptroller of Customs to investigate."

Hinds insisted that his call for an investigation was justified.

Tensions rose as Senate Vice President Lyndira Oudit ordered that Hinds's statements be struck from the record as Hinds and Opposition Senator Faris Al Rawi objected.

Oudit did not state clearly which statement was to be struck except to say "reference made to any member in a private capacity and the private members who are not in this Chamber or in any other Chamber of this House".

Before this, without calling names, Hinds had accused the Government of trying to protect a cabinet minister.

He pointed out that in 2005 when allegations of bribery and election fraud were made against former PNM ministers Eric Williams and Franklin Khan, Persad-Bissessar had said that the Fraud Squad and Anti-Corruption Bureau should investigate. He questioned whether she would now walk away from these principles as she is wearing the hat of Prime Minister.

"I know it is painful to face the truth, major player in the Cabinet, major financier, I know, but you have to bite the bullet, you have to deal with it otherwise we cannot respect you, we cannot trust you," said Hinds.

"I understand that really there is jubilation and celebration among some members of the Cabinet over what has happened over the last three days internationally you know," he teased as Panday shouted "Nonsense!"

Hinds continued: "You can gain my confidence and my trust and my respect again if the Government, all of you, will bring to bear some pressures on those upon who responsibility it is to take action and to cleanse the name of the Government from the view of the national community that you are protecting and nurturing someone in your cabinet who has been accused of very very serious offences … it is a crime to offer a bribe or to take a bribe in this country."

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2011, 03:32:02 AM »
Nothing unpatriotic about it. We should want competent officials not officials that favour us. For all the talk about Jack's high position in a global organization we know that he is not competent (at the things that should matter) or respected.

That ent really an issue right now because it is par for the course. The CFU delegates accustom to that. The only reason it make news now is because Bin Hammam making the reimbursement and Concacaf. Even the discrepancy between Bin Hammam and Concacaf is a minor matter right now in the face of $40,000 bribes.

Considerin that Chuck is a tief and the Mexicans wasn't doing anything much in CONCACAF before Jack came along, the assumption that a Mexican or American head would do better is weak. Check the USOC bacchanal with the Salt Lake City Olympics.

Nationality doesn't equate to competence or integrity. After all, Blatter is Swiss. Who more competent and reliable than the Swiss?

The current power structure lends itself to the kinds of bacchanal we see all over the world. I don't know how that can be changed. If envelopes of money passing, and there is no real deterrent penalty for offenders (i.e. fines and jail), then any system can be corrupted.

The thing about Jack is that he's not incompetent. His goals get accomplished. This is why you haven't see any huge clamor for his replacement among the member federations.

The way Concacaf moves and FIFA operates is the same way that most of the federations work. It is the worst kind of politics because they have no accountability. They represent countries but the constitutents, football fans and players, have no power to elect them so they do what they want. Look at the ages of these fools. This Lisle Austin is 74, Warner is 70, Blazer is 66, Sepp is 74, Havelange used to look like death himself. Not to sound ageist but these pensioners just there holding onto power like dictators making sure nobody could get rid of them.

Whoever comes in will no doubt favour some support over the general confederation, that is just the way it works. How yuh feel we end up with a Centre of Excellence and two youth world cup hosting gigs?

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2011, 04:30:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I81S4gPn0GY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/I81S4gPn0GY</a>
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2011, 05:20:06 AM »
Fifa delegates attack England as attempt to postpone election fails

• Members rally round Sepp Blatter ahead of vote
• Follow the latest developments on our live blog

Matt Scott in Zurich
guardian.co.uk,   
Wednesday 1 June 2011 10.55 BST

The Football Association's attempt to delay the uncontested election of the Fifa president failed at the organisation's congress on Wednesday amid an outpouring of anti-English sentiment from some quarters.

David Bernstein, the FA chairman, made a late attempt to alter the agenda less than 24 hours before the assembly. He was afforded the opportunity to introduce his initiative with a speech to the full congress in which he stated that there would be no "proper, credible mandate" if Sepp Blatter's coronation proceeds amid widespread corruption allegations.

Bernstein's address received muted applause from a section of the congress. However there was scant support for his move at the electronic ballot box as only 17 member associations voted in favour, with 172 opposing his motion and another 17 abstentions or spoiled ballots.

Before the voting, Bernstein's speech was followed a rally in favour of Blatter. Selemani Omari, the president of the FA of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, delivered some powerful oratory.

"Fifa belongs to 208 associations, not one or another," he said. "We're ill at ease with people who wield unfounded accusations. He who accuses must provide evidence. We have no lessons to take. If there is a single candidate also sometimes it is because we are satisfied with the candidate."

Omari was followed by Benin's Moucharafou Anjorin, who said: "I'm ill at ease that this comes from a country like England with its football standing. Some people in Africa take great pleasure from watching English football on the television. This is why I do not understand why we want to create more tensions within Fifa.

"England should not be conveying this message. England should not divide us. We should be here to write history together. We want people to know this congress took place and we adhered to the agenda. That is democracy."

In a 15-minute speech, the Fijian delegate, an executive-committee member of the Oceanian Football Confederation, claimed that it would be "unconstitutional" not to proceed with Blatter's election.

And as not one delegate spoke up in support for Bernstein's measure, a fellow European voice, that of Cyprus's Costakis Koutsoukoumis, was added to the critical chorus.

"Allegations," he said. "What a beautiful English word. We must not allow people outside this room to enter Fifa's agenda."

In response to his confirmation, Blatter talked of Fifa having the best transparency in the world of sport. Two days after he insisted that Fifa's anti-corruption measures must be improved, he added that it should be for the Fifa congress to elect the members of its "independent" ombudsman, the ethics committee.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2011, 06:20:43 AM »
Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/01/fifa-presidential-election-live-blog

Here's a recap of what has happened so far today:

• FA chief David Bernstein called on Fifa delegates to support a postponement of this afternoon's presidential election in order to give more time for a reforming candidate to emerge.

• Bernstein's speech met with a decidedly tepid response and the FA's motion was ultimately rejected by 178 votes to 17.

Sepp Blatter took to the stage to deliver an impassioned speech in which he vowed to dispel the whiff of foul play that has enveloped Fifa during his reign.

• Among the measures that Blatter says will usher Fifa into a bright new era of transparency and love are: the introduction of a corporate governance and compliance body (staffed by Fifa folks) to run the rule over the organisation; and a change to the voting system for World Cup hosting rights, whereby hosts will be selected by the Fifa Congress (208 people) rather than the executive committee (24 men).

• The head of the Argentinian FA, Julio Grondona, viciously denounced the allegations of corruption emanating from England, accusing the English of spouting "lies" ... and revealing that he would never have supported an English World Cup bid unless the Falkland Islands were handed back to Argentina.

As for this afternoon, Blatter has tantalisingly revealed that he will hold forth further on his plans to bring more transparency to Fifa. And then there will be that nail-biting election.

So, Blatter will clean up what he allowed to occur under his watch.  Good for him.

And Argentina have long memories as they yearn to reclaim their sheep on the islands
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2011, 06:54:00 AM »
Bakes, I'm not sure I understand your statement: "To be honest with you that's not really much of an issue to me... the bribery allegations are waaaaaayy more serious.  Jack didn't order anybody to book with Simpaul, he essentially said "I can't guarantee you that you'll be reimbursed if you book on your own"... he then charge Bin Hammam $100,000 more than the cost it seems.  There is nothing crooked or illegal about what he did the delegates paid the same as they would have paid otherwise on their own... the only difference is thaty by going thru Simpaul Jack was able to pad his coffers at Bin Hammam's expense.  Is not FIFA money or CONCACAF money is Bin Hammam's money... so big deal."

Isn't that a kind of threat or at least coersion? I mean, if I say to you "you don't have to give me $1,000 per week, but if you don't, I can't guarantee your windows won't get smashed" isn't that an implicit threat?

Jacks saying basically "do what I say or you'll lose out"  Maybe some low level guy could get away with this, but any suggestion of a threat from a Minister should be looked at seriously. Then theres the issue of money laundering. How did the cash get into the country? Where did the $1 million go? In which set of accounts will it appear? Drug barons go to jail for illlegally obtaining cash. How is this different?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2011, 07:32:07 AM »
Bakes, I'm not sure I understand your statement: "To be honest with you that's not really much of an issue to me... the bribery allegations are waaaaaayy more serious.  Jack didn't order anybody to book with Simpaul, he essentially said "I can't guarantee you that you'll be reimbursed if you book on your own"... he then charge Bin Hammam $100,000 more than the cost it seems.  There is nothing crooked or illegal about what he did the delegates paid the same as they would have paid otherwise on their own... the only difference is thaty by going thru Simpaul Jack was able to pad his coffers at Bin Hammam's expense.  Is not FIFA money or CONCACAF money is Bin Hammam's money... so big deal."

Isn't that a kind of threat or at least coersion? I mean, if I say to you "you don't have to give me $1,000 per week, but if you don't, I can't guarantee your windows won't get smashed" isn't that an implicit threat?

Jacks saying basically "do what I say or you'll lose out"  Maybe some low level guy could get away with this, but any suggestion of a threat from a Minister should be looked at seriously. Then theres the issue of money laundering. How did the cash get into the country? Where did the $1 million go? In which set of accounts will it appear? Drug barons go to jail for illlegally obtaining cash. How is this different?

It is not an issue of coercion because Concacaf is not forcing them to pay anything. Most companies have preferred providers for travel, specifically airfare, hotel and car rental. You book through them because your company gets a better deal or you may not get reimbursed.

What it is, is an issue of nepotism and poor business practice because Jack has a clear conflict of interest in choosing Simpauls. But in Concacaf that is accepted business practice and as the head of Concacaf, with no oversight, he can set those rules. It does pale in comparison to the bribe.

What would have been a problem was if he used Concacaf budget to pay for this CFU meeting that had nothing to do with Concacaf, at least he and Bin Hammam were able to recognize that.

As for the missing money, Jack just invoice Bin Hammam $7000 US per each of the 50 heads. It is only one person voting from each federation so I am sure it was the 25 delegates with "and ones". Some of the "and ones" would have been assistants or legitimate junior football officials, others would have been girlfriends, spouses or friends who taking the free travel. Some of them probably travel solo and leave money on the table for Jack. Also it not going to cost the same travel for delegates from Barbados as from Cuba etc so the it didn't cost $7000 for each of the 50. So Jack just request the 360,000 and invoice the real sum. The only man to really vex there is Bin Hammam.

I agree that the money issue of transporting the bribe money into and out of the country as well as declaring it is an issue. I would also be interested to know if any of this "crime" was organized, planned or carried out in the US and if it would be subject to some criminal conspiracy laws.

truetrini

« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2011, 08:59:28 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I81S4gPn0GY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/I81S4gPn0GY</a>

Blazer is a damn bigger tief than jack and Burrell put together...he jes under de radar more.  dat is all!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2011, 09:08:42 AM »

Blazer AKA Santa Claus.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
Blazer Santa Claus

Jack  Robin Hood according 2 d MOWT employee

What a cast of characters

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2011, 09:19:44 AM »
Blazer is a damn bigger tief than jack and Burrell put together...he jes under de radar more.  dat is all!

TT ah never thought ah would ever yuh say someone is ah bigger tief than Jack...

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:08 AM »
Blazer Santa Claus

Jack  Robin Hood according 2 d MOWT employee

What a cast of characters

This Blazer is a wily old character himself. That interview is extremly funny imo. This is the man that has been in cahoots with Jack for about two decades. Think about it, for him to suggest this is the first time something like this has gone on....and him, being the saint that he is, immediately reported it, well that's a complete joke. This man is probably making a charge for the leadership of Concacaf or some other agenda.

These old men, just a grab for power. When the reporter asked what can FIFA do to stamp out corruption...he said they can do as he did.  :rotfl: . This man is just more slick, charasmatic, subtle and tactful than JW. That's all. The is football mafia at the highest.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:37 AM »

If Blazer ever gets caught and sacked from FIFA for corruption, I feel he could make good money working as Santa Claus!!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »
186 votes to the Godfather
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »

Please... let's not get carried away.  There is no money laundering here which is essentially using illegally obtained money and channeling it thru legitimate means in order to "wash" the taint of the true illegal source.  CFU officials paid market price for the travel arrangements.  Simpaul is a partner with/Sponsor of the TTFF.  There is no threat or coercion, it's payment for services.  The 'victims' in this scheme ar Bin Hammam and other travel agencies... big deal.  With the money coming into TnT all that is is a failure to declare funds, a relatively minor infraction which yes, they should investigate.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:16:40 AM by Bakes »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
jw tell cfu to vote for sepp, jw and sepp are partners, orchestration at its best  :beermug:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
WORD out of UK, is that ethics inquiry into Bin Hammam & Jack Warner will begin but they will be CLEARED of all charges. Basically all this was scripted with Bin Hammam being a dummy candidate, while Blazer will be the odd man out for breaking the "inner circle" snitching on Jack.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2011, 11:19:29 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I have to laugh again

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »
WORD out of UK, is that ethics inquiry into Bin Hammam & Jack Warner will begin but they will be CLEARED of all charges. Basically all this was scripted with Bin Hammam being a dummy candidate, while Blazer will be the odd man out for breaking the "inner circle" snitching on Jack.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok back to yuh usually schedule programme. The NP scandal.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>