April 29, 2024, 06:11:53 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107435 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »
jw tell cfu to vote for sepp, jw and sepp are partners, orchestration at its best  :beermug:

Not really! It’s only Jack hanging himself!

Terms of his suspension is that he should not get involved in any FIFA football business until he's proven innocent at the hearing!

I think Sepp needs a big fall guy to convince the world that he is determined to clean up FIFA and Jack might have unwittingly volunteered himself!

We will see how this all pans out!
If Jack manages to survive this mess that his backstabbing partner Blazer has put him in and keep his job in FIFA and all the other positions he has then Coop’s and myself are likely to become drinking partners!!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:04:47 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »
WORD out of UK, is that ethics inquiry into Bin Hammam & Jack Warner will begin but they will be CLEARED of all charges. Basically all this was scripted with Bin Hammam being a dummy candidate, while Blazer will be the odd man out for breaking the "inner circle" snitching on Jack.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

where in the uk is this word coming from?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2011, 01:29:30 PM »

"The vengeance of Moko will be mine"

Sepp Blatter officially re-elected as Fifa president

• Sepp Blatter endorsed by 186 of 203 voting members
• 'We will put Fifa's ship back on the right course'

Video

Sepp Blatter has been officially re-elected as Fifa's president by the world governing body's 208 member associations.

Blatter, 75, was elected unopposed after an attempt by the Football Association to block the vote ended in heavy defeat.

In a secret ballot Blatter, left as the only candidate following Mohamed bin Hammam's withdrawal on Sunday, hours before he was provisionally banned on bribery charges, was re-elected with 186 votes from the 203 voting members.

In his victory speech, Blatter told the Fifa congress in Zurich: "I thank you for your trust and confidence from the bottom of my heart and together we will have four more years – provided the Lord gives me the life, the energy and the strength to continue on our path.

"I'm happy today we were once again able to bring solidarity and unity into Fifa. We shall move forward, we will put Fifa's ship back on the right course in clear, transparent waters. We need some time, we cannot do it overnight, but we will do it. I am deeply moved, I am honoured and I thank you. This is a new challenge and I accept it."
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2011, 01:40:24 PM »
jw tell cfu to vote for sepp, jw and sepp are partners, orchestration at its best  :beermug:

Not really! It’s only Jack hanging himself!

Terms of his suspension is that he should not get involved in any FIFA football business until he's proven innocent at the hearing!

I think Sepp needs a big fall guy to convince the world that he is determined to clean up FIFA and Jack might have unwittingly volunteered himself!

We will see how this all pans out!
If Jack manages to survive this mess that his backstabbing partner Blazer has put him in and keep his job in FIFA and all the other positions he has then Coop’s and myself are likely to become drinking partners!!  :beermug:

Dohn worry if jack loses he FIFA wuk and he Minister wuk he eh losing much ...just 1 dollar !!! :devil:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2011, 01:45:08 PM »
FIFA re-elects Blatter as president

RAF CASERT
Published: Today

View All Photos
ZURICH (AP) - Sepp Blatter was re-elected FIFA president on Wednesday after a major bribery scandal left him as the only candidate to deal with a sport reeling from a wave of corruption allegations.

Blatter, a 75-year-old Swiss executive who has been in office since 1998, was handed a final four-year term as head of soccer's governing body in a vote at FIFA's congress.

He received 186 votes out of 203 ballots.

After a tense week of drama and controversy surrounding his unchallenged candidacy, Blatter was beaming as he came into the congress hall to a standing ovation and warm applause after the result was announced.

"Vamos! Vamos! Vamos!" said an ebullient Blatter, using the Spanish term for "Let's go!"

He immediately took steps toward major reform by winning the assembly's backing for his proposal to have future World Cup hosts selected in a vote of all 208 federations instead of the 24-man executive committee. The congress also endorsed his plans to revamp the ethics committee and bring in more transparency.

Blatter said he also planned to appoint a woman to the executive committee.

FIFA will meet again later this year to formally adopt the measures.

"We will put FIFA's ship back on the right course in clear transparent waters," he said in French. "We will need some time. We cannot do it from one day to the next. It's a new challenge for me and I accept it."

The election went ahead after England's call for a postponement of Blatter's unopposed "coronation" amid the ethics crisis was overwhelmingly rejected by the delegates. England's FA chairman David Bernstein left before the vote.

Hours earlier, Blatter promised fundamental reform to tackle the scandals and vowed to let the 208 national federations choose the host of future World Cups instead of the 24-man executive committee.

The re-election completed a frantic week for Blatter, who strained under the weight of accusations targeting the top echelons of FIFA and himself as guardian of the game and the World Cup.

"We have been hit and I personally have been slapped," Blatter said. "I don't want that ever again."

The impending election of an incumbent as the only candidate had dealt a serious blow to FIFA's democratic credentials over the past week.

Blatter's sole challenger, Qatari executive committee member Mohamed bin Hammam, withdrew from the race last weekend and was suspended pending a full probe into allegations of bribing Caribbean voters during the campaign. FIFA vice president Jack Warner of Trinidad was also suspended for involvement in the alleged payoffs.

Despite the bribery scandal that saw the heads of the Asian and CONCACAF confederations suspended, the overwhelming backing was a ringing endorsement for Blatter.I

"I am happy we are able to bring this solidarity, this unity in FIFA," Blatter said.

Bernstein had called for a postponement of the election for several months to allow for the scandals to be cleared up, saying that "a coronation without an opponent provides a flawed mandate."

However, 172 of the 208 delegations rejected England's call, clearing the way for the election to proceed.

Blatter said the worst scandal in the body's history could be solved within FIFA itself and with him in charge.

"The FIFA ship is in troubled waters but this ship must be brought back on the right track," Blatter said in an opening address. "I am the captain of the ship."

"It is therefore my duty and responsibility to see to it that we get back on track."

To make sure his legacy would not be seen as one of a leader who let the rot of corruption take over the world's premier game, Blatter promised to improve decision-making and openness in FIFA.

"Reforms will be made and not just touchups but radical decisions," Blatter said in his speech to the 208 delegations.

He insisted that reform should come from within the FIFA family, snubbing calls for independent, outside oversight that many critics had insisted on and he himself had promised.

IOC President Jacques Rogge told Blatter on the eve of the election that only drastic measures to improve democracy and transparency had saved the Olympic movement when it faced a similar corruption scandal in the run-up to the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Games.

"We have made mistakes, but we will draw our conclusions," Blatter said.

Allegations of corruption in World Cup bidding have also roiled FIFA in recent weeks.

On Monday, FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke was forced to acknowledge he had written in an email that Qatar "bought" the 2022 World Cup. He said he was only referring to Qatar's formidable financial clout, and that he never accused the Gulf country of buying votes.

On Wednesday, German federation President Theo Zwanziger said Qatar's victory in December's vote should be reviewed in light of "speculations and corruption allegations." Qatar has denied any wrongdoing.

In a major policy shift, Blatter said he would work to make sure that the awarding of future World Cup hosts would be decided in a vote of all federations instead of the two dozen executive committee members, several of whom have been involved in bribery scandals.

Just ahead of the election, FIFA's financial officers highlighted the enormous importance of the sport's showcase tournament.

FIFA made a $631 million profit in the four years leading up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, registering $202 million of that in last year alone.

The four-year financial cycle showed income of $4.19 billion from broadcast and commercial deals, with 87 percent tied directly to the World Cup.

So far, Blatter's dogged determination to bring the World Cup to Africa with the successful staging of South Africa 2010 stands out as his legacy. In his last four years, his ability to reform the governance of the sport could mean as much for his place his history.

A fourth term will give Blatter a total of 17 years at the head of FIFA. Add the 24 years of his predecessor Joao Havelange, and the sport will have been in the hands of just two men over the past four decades.

___

AP Sports Writers Rob Harris and Graham Dunbar in Zurich and Nesha Starcevic in Frankfurt contributed to this report.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2011, 01:46:42 PM »
What is it wade mark did say would come up if yuh was to google jack warner again ??? Politics really make strange bedfellows ...it seems so does football.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »
WORD out of UK, is that ethics inquiry into Bin Hammam & Jack Warner will begin but they will be CLEARED of all charges. Basically all this was scripted with Bin Hammam being a dummy candidate, while Blazer will be the odd man out for breaking the "inner circle" snitching on Jack.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
sauce please
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
sauce please

Mango or tambrind ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
sauce please

Mango or tambrind ???

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
i prefer mango  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »
i prefer mango  ;D

Nah tambrind is d bomb
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
FIFA re-elects Blatter as president

Y'know if dis ting was a big ploy, dem fellahs just put on the greatest global theatrical event on the planet

Moreover if diamondtrim fadder rise out of the ashes on dis one...de bahamas football team go never kick ah lime in concacaf again.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
Om La La on Crimewatch now talkin about Warner. Interestingly he says that, if found guilty, the worse that could happen to Jack is a suspension (I had assumed he could be sacked).

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »
USA eyes potential 2022 World Cup revote

By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports
12 hours, 41 minutes ago

The United States could still host the 2022 World Cup after soccer’s governing body continued to be plagued by a deep-rooted bribery scandal that has rocked the sport to its core.

The American bid to host the tournament ended in disappointment in December, when members of governing body FIFA’s executive committee made the shocking decision to award the event to Qatar, a tiny Arab state with a population of fewer than two million people.

However, a storm of controversy has erupted around FIFA in the past week, reaching a head when it was revealed that general secretary Jerome Valcke wrote in an email that Qatar had “bought the World Cup.”

Suspicions about how Qatar had gathered the necessary support and outwitted the United States, Australia, Japan and South Korea immediately flared up, and were raised again in May when Britain’s Sunday Times newspaper presented evidence that claimed to show bribes had been paid in exchange for votes.

Influential FIFA member Theo Zwanziger, president of the German Football Federation, demanded on Wednesday that Qatar be stripped of its hosting rights pending a full investigation – and that a new vote should be taken if any corrupt activity is unearthed.

“There is a certain degree of suspicion that one cannot sweep aside,” Zwanziger told the BBC. “I must expect that awarding this World Cup under these conditions needs to be examined anew.”

The scandal has intensified over the past week as FIFA president Sepp Blatter survived a fraught battle to win another four-year term in office but only after his lone rival, Qatar’s Mohamed bin Hammam, was suspended pending an investigation into alleged corrupt payments made to soccer officials in the Caribbean.

FIFA vice president Jack Warner was also suspended in connection with the same matter but then came out fighting, accusing Blatter himself of making unauthorized cash payments and gifts of computers to officials associated with CONCACAF, the North American and Caribbean confederation of which the United States is a part.

Blatter, a 75-year-old Swiss executive who has been in office since 1998, was handed a final four-year term in a vote at FIFA’s congress. He received 186 out of 203 votes.

Although Blatter remains in control, he was forced to announce widespread changes to appease FIFA’s sponsors and a furious worldwide soccer public. From now on, each of FIFA’s 208 members will receive a vote on where future World Cups will be held, rather than a select 24-man executive committee.

Significantly, the full FIFA Congress will also be given power to elect members of the governing body’s Ethics Committee, which oversees FIFA conduct and would ultimately be responsible for any decision to order a fresh vote on the 2022 World Cup. That move, in particular, will give U.S. Soccer great hope and cause grave concern in the Qatar camp.

The United States put up a strong challenge to host the 2022 tournament, reaching the final round of voting before Qatar prevailed 14-8. If a revote was ordered, the American federation would be a strong favorite, with Australia its primary challenger.

The political shenanigans have naturally gained far greater media coverage in countries other than the United States, where soccer is more ingrained in the public psyche. But if the sport’s hour of darkness shakes out into a satisfactory conclusion, there may be no bigger winner than the United States.

Martin Rogers is a staff writer for Yahoo! Sports. Follow him on Twitter.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »
Yuh know is about time we as fans start to put we money where we mouth is.....imagine if all the football fans all over de World boycott Adidas, Coca Cola, Sony, VISA et al....dey goh have to do something bout dey sponsorship of FIFA.....

Right, now that ah stop dreaming......back to mih bowl ah popcorn.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
Om La La on Crimewatch now talkin about Warner. Interestingly he says that, if found guilty, the worse that could happen to Jack is a suspension (I had assumed he could be sacked).

I would think the ExCo could censure him... essentially have him siddung in ah corner like Manning.  But it would be up to CONCACAF to fire him... every Confederation s/elects it's ExCo representative/s.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Mess to good to be true - socceramerica.com
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2011, 04:19:03 AM »

Mess is 'too good to be true' 
by Paul Kennedy, June 2nd, 2011 1:44AM 
Tweet Share on Facebook Email Print 
Subscribe to Soccer America Daily

[FIFA IN CRISIS] The FIFA mess reminds me of aide Norman Wilson's reaction when Mayor Tommy Carcetti is told the truth of the "homeless killer" toward the end of Season 5 of the HBO classic series "The Wire." "I wish I was still at the newspaper," Wilson laughs, "so I could write on this mess. It's too f****** good."

I'm not the first person to call Jack Warner the Clay Davis of FIFA, but it is so true. After all the years and all the accusa tions, with one last chance to influence an election, Warner couldn't resist, it seems.

Could he really have his cronies lay out $1 million in piles of cash, $40,000 each, four stacks of $10,000 in $100 bills, and believe word wouldn't get out? But that's what was reported in the evidence furnished by the Chicago lawyer John Collins to FIFA:

"They did, however, instruct the officials not to discuss the money with anyone else and to not let anyone else see the money.”

But we're not done with Warner. Two days after he was suspended by the FIFA ethics committee and a day after he said FIFA President Sepp Blatter had to be stopped, the Trinidadian pretended nothing had happened.

"At our last meeting, we agreed as a union to support the incumbent Joseph Sepp Blatter in his quest to regain the presidency. I wish to assure you nothing has changed -- our mandate was set then and despite it all we must fulfill it."

So the $40,000 handed out to each of the 25 Caribbean members was simply a gift, like the money Marlo Stanfield gave to the corner boys to spend on school clothes, and not intended to influence the election in favor Mohamed bin Hammam. Or was Warner trying to fleece bin Hammam just like Clay Davis did Cardetti in his mayoral race against Mayor Clarence Royce.

Following Warner's suspension, the situation at Concacaf quickly deteriorated like the Baltimore street corners after Avon Barksdale was hauled off to prison.

Twice, interim Concacaf president Lisle Austin said Concacaf general secretary Chuck Blazer had been fired, and twice Blazer responded that he wasn't.

The Concacaf turf war wasn't waged with bullets. It was waged by e-mail.

And in this virtual war we can predict a winner. Back in the day, it was Blazer who had gone from Caribbean federation to federation, teaching them how to use laptops and how to use e-mail.

But just how weird everything had become in FIFA politics came not from Concacaf but from England and the FA's report to FIFA on attempted bribery charges against four FIFA executive committee members in relation to England's failed 2018 World Cup bid.

Advisers to Nicolas Leoz, the 83-year-old Paraguayan who runs Conmebol, the South American confederation, were interested in seeing what the FA could do for Leoz. "To go to England just to meet the Prince and go to the cup final is not reason enough," it was reported.

Leoz might think differently, the advisers suggested, if the FA Cup was renamed after him.

Having UEFA name the Champions League after me has as much a chance as someone running around Wembley one day with the Nicolas Leoz FA Cup.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »
BFA stand by bribe claim
By Stephen Wright (Royal Gazette)

Published Jun 2, 2011 at 8:59 am (Updated Jun 2, 2011 at 8:57 am)

The Bermuda Football Association have stood by their statement which helped expose FIFA’s alleged cash for votes scandal despite 13 Caribbean nations insisting no such offers were made.

It’s been reported the BFA were among seven whistle-blowers who refused cash bribes from top FIFA executives Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner for their votes in yesterday’s presidential election.

But those claims have been rebuffed by 13 of Bermuda’s Caribbean associates who have written statements supporting suspended Concacaf president Warner’s denial any such offers were made.

The alleged cash bribes $40,000 offered to each of the region’s 25 nations were made at last month’s Caribbean Football Union’s (CFU) special summit in Trinidad, which was attended by BFA second vice-president Gregory Grimes and general secretary David Sabir.

Lifting the lid on the worst corruption scandal to blight FIFA was lead whistle-blower the Bahamas, whose claims were backed by statements from Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Turks and Caicos.

And despite yesterday’s show of support for disgraced Concacaf chief Warner by many Caribbean FAs, Bermuda are standing by their statement.

BFA president Larry Mussenden told The Royal Gazette: “Bermuda has stated its position to the investigators and we stand by that position.”

But, in an attempt to avoid souring relations with the Island’s other Caribbean neighbours, Mussenden stressed: “Bermuda isn’t against what any other Caribbean nation is saying. We only speak for what we know which is only the extent of our experience.”

Caribbean football officials have been warned to pay back any cash that they may have been given during the controversial meeting in Trinidad or face investigation as part of the corruption probe rocking FIFA.

The warning came from Chuck Blazer, the general secretary of Concacaf, who first revealed the bribery allegations last week. Blazer has since been embroiled in a war of words with acting Concacaf president Lisle Austin, who attempted to fire him as the crisis deepened within the region.

Asked about the growing divide at the heart of the confederation, Mussenden said: “It’s quite apparent to everyone that Concacaf is having some current difficulties.”

Mussenden, who attended yesterday’s election in Zurich, Switzerland, added: “We, the BFA, hope the current issues can be resolved so that Concacaf can get on in the business of football development in the region. The BFA will try our best to assist all parties to resolve those issues, whatever they may be.”

Sepp Blatter was re-elected unopposed as FIFA president yesterday, promising to use his final four-year term for radical reform of a sport reeling from bribery and corruption allegations.

Delegates gave Blatter overwhelming backing to transform football’s governing body from within, rejecting a call from England to delay the election and then giving the Swiss 186 of the 203 votes cast. The election was a formality after Hammam dropped out of the race in the wake of the cash for bribes allegations.

Among those backing Blatter to steer the FIFA ship back on course was Bermuda, who voted for the scandal-hit 75-year-old.

“We extend our congratulations to president Blatter on behalf of the Bermuda Football Association and we look forward to his continued support,” said Mussenden.

“The CFU and Concacaf have traditionally voted as a unit and it appears that trend has overwhelmingly continued into this election with a show of support for Sepp Blatter.”

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »
Cayman/Bermuda/Turks all Bristish Overseas Territories. How come dey eh say is d Mother Country who tell them to say dey were bribed?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #350 on: June 02, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
Jamaica denies taking bribe in Bin Hammam meeting
Times of India

KINGSTON (Jamaica): The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) has denied allegations it accepted a bribe during a meeting with suspended Asian Football Confederation president Mohamed Bin Hammam.

In a statement on Thursday, JFF president Horace Burrell said no money was offered to Jamaica to vote for Bin Hammam during last month's meetings of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) in Trinidad & Tobago.

"Let me state categorically the JFF was not offered, neither received any funds prior to, during or after the CFU meetings held on May 10-11 in Trinidad," said Burrell who is acting as CFU president in the absence of the suspended Jack Warner.

Qatari Bin Hammam, who was due to stand against Sepp Blatter in this week's FIFA presidential election before he withdrew his candidacy last Sunday and was subsequently banned by world soccer's ruling body, has strongly denied any wrongdoing.

On Sunday FIFA's ethics committee was given a report, compiled on behalf of CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer, containing details of the CFU meetings and statements that cash payments were made.

The Puerto Rico Football Federation confirmed to FIFA it did receive the money and has offered to pay it back while the Bahamas Football Federation says it was offered but did not accept the cash.

Burrell's statement followed calls by former Jamaica Prime Minister and now head of the Jamaica Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA) Edward Seaga for regional federations to declare whether or not they had been offered money at the meetings.

'GREAT SORROW'

"To restore the integrity of the region the present leaders of the CFU must call on all the federations which received and kept the $40,000 bribe to return it forthwith or face public disclosure of the identity of these Caribbean federations which are corrupt by holding the integrity of the region to ransom," Seaga said in a statement.

"This act of corruption involves the reputation of the Caribbean football federations and has shamed the reputation of football, much to the great sorrow of lovers of the game and other well-thinking people."

Burrell replied by saying Seaga had overstepped the mark. "The statement appears to have tried, found guilty and pronounced sentence on an entire region's football associations despite the fact the competent authority to adjudicate these matters has come to no such conclusion," said Burrell.

"In fact FIFA's ethics committee is currently considering the matter and we await the final outcome of its investigation and due process.

"Despite this public knowledge the PLCA's chairman has inexplicably sought to tarnish the reputations of at least 30 member associations of the CFU with what can only be described as reckless, unproven allegations and acts of corruption.

"The JFF calls for the PLCA chairman to either provide the public and indeed the FIFA ethics committee with any evidence he has to corroborate these allegations or cease to engage in this denigration of an entire region's reputation forthwith by withdrawing this release," added Burrell.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 02, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »
I eh go lie, dis is real mafia business.

How can I get in on this?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 02, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
Boy i like this scandal too bad,the truth will always prevail,keep waiting for Jack to get caught alyu will get grey.England and the US set up their own self,they going to get caught in their own net.

What's interesting is that all the Caribbean islands were bribed but 13 of them say they never received anything and that includes Jamaica who you all hate so much and who you all say don't like T&T.

What you all don't realize is yes we are the smallest country to ever qualify for a WC finals and that's history but we created history long before that and it's affecting the super powers of Football,T&T is too small to be dictating to these big countries what to do,you know how long Jack wanted to qualify for a WC just to have a little more weight when he sits at the table with them.

That's my reason for always bringing us the race issue,they want to get him out long time,as much as we does say he keeping back or have kept back our Football etc etc in the end judge for yourselves.   

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 02, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »
Boy i like this scandal too bad,the truth will always prevail,keep waiting for Jack to get caught alyu will get grey.England and the US set up their own self,they going to get caught in their own net.

What's interesting is that all the Caribbean islands were bribed but 13 of them say they never received anything and that includes Jamaica who you all hate so much and who you all say don't like T&T.

What you all don't realize is yes we are the smallest country to ever qualify for a WC finals and that's history but we created history long before that and it's affecting the super powers of Football,T&T is too small to be dictating to these big countries what to do,you know how long Jack wanted to qualify for a WC just to have a little more weight when he sits at the table with them.

That's my reason for always bringing us the race issue,they want to get him out long time,as much as we does say he keeping back or have kept back our Football etc etc in the end judge for yourselves.   

Coop's this is not a Jamaica supporting Trinidad ting.This is simply Horace Burrell supporting his pardna Jack who he owes a lot to just like Austin form Barbados

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »

Coop's this is not a Jamaica supporting Trinidad ting.This is simply Horace Burrell supporting his pardna Jack who he owes a lot to just like Austin form Barbados
        Breds is 13 countries did not receive any so who is who pardna.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 02, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »

I don't understand what England have to do with anything though... it wasn't England who levelled the bribery charges it was Chuck Blazer.  If the US wanted to get Jack out for racial reasons why did they wait all this time?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »

I don't understand what England have to do with anything though... it wasn't England who levelled the bribery charges it was Chuck Blazer.  If the US wanted to get Jack out for racial reasons why did they wait all this time?
        No no Bakes don't misunderstand me here,i did not say they wanted to get rid of him for racial reasons,what i said was they want to get rid of him because T&T too small to be dictating to the super powers what they should or should not do,he carrying too much weight.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
I absolutely do not think this has anything to do with race at all. More to do with allegiances if anything. I find it a bit peculiar though that the countries that are saying that the bribes took place/sold out Jack and Bin Hammam are Bahamas, Bermuda, Turks and Caicos, Puerto Rico....from my cursory knowledge of these places...they all have great allegiance (either polictically or economically) to the US and Turks and Caicos and Cayman Islands to the UK. None of them are what we will call West Indian countries.

So this all seems a bit strange to me...clearly this is politricks to the highest from all sides,

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 02, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »
I absolutely do not think this has anything to do with race at all. More to do with allegiances if anything. I find it a bit peculiar though that the countries that are saying that the bribes took place/sold out Jack and Bin Hammam are Bahamas, Bermuda, Turks and Caicos, Puerto Rico....from my cursory knowledge of these places...they all have great allegiance (either polictically or economically) to the US and Turks and Caicos and Cayman Islands to the UK. None of them are what we will call West Indian countries.

So this all seems a bit strange to me...clearly this is politricks to the highest from all sides,
      Thanks Breds, All i'm saying guys is don't hang the man yet,i know how desperate you all are,you all read one thing and i'm reading something else so don't be annoyed with me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
        No no Bakes don't misunderstand me here,i did not say they wanted to get rid of him for racial reasons,what i said was they want to get rid of him because T&T too small to be dictating to the super powers what they should or should not do,he carrying too much weight.

Ok... I saw you mention "that's why I always keep bringing up the race issue", that's why I mentioned it.  As for him carrying too much weight, it can't be that though... at least that does not explain Blazer's actions. Jack and Blazer were two peas in a pod and Blazer probably benefitted more from Jack than vice versa.  That's a relationship that has been 21 yrs in the making, the last 11 spent with Jack as an ExCo member.  So why all of a sudden Blazer decide Jack carrying toe much weight?  More likely to me is that something came down from Zurich that cause Blazer to act.

As for the English... Jack is no different from the other other ExCo members from small nations, many of them former colonies with axe to grind.  So what make Jack so special that they'd target him?  Besides, them ent have nutten to do with these bribery allegations... they alleged bribery for the WC bid, of which he was cleared (big surprise), but not in the Presidency voting.

The flip side of the argument is that because of this it was harder for Jack to bribe them... they not as closely affiliated to him.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:04:12 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>