April 29, 2024, 06:07:07 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107429 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #480 on: June 09, 2011, 11:45:20 PM »
Maybe Im missing someting but as I reading it Football Supporter's arguments seem to make more sense if u look at it thru unbiased eyes. Yes we have "benefitted" from some of Jack's dealings but to say the we (T&T) or CFU have really taken advantage of any such benefits would be a lie. The theory is that if the Americans take over then the rest of us will suffer, but we suffering right now!! Do we really deserve our fortunes then if we cant find ways to make it translate onto the field??

Yeah you really missing something because Football Supporter hasn't at all addressed the issue of who will fare how under a powershift.  His entire argument is that in CONCACAF the larger nations should be controlling things and in world football the better footballing nations should be controlling things.

When yuh ready to address those perspectives then we can do so.  Other than that it's two parallel discussions that you are confusing as one.

Do we really deserve our fortunes then if we cant find ways to make it translate onto the field??

To ask this is to conveniently look past the fact that Jack Warner (among other factors) has prevented us from achieving our full potential.  Your argument then is that because we couldn't find a way to maximize our opportunities with the pittance we got under Jack we deserve nothing.  Sounds jokey, right?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:49:56 PM by Bakes »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 10, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »
Bakes, as you said, we're good, right? But even though I offer reasonable points and alternatives, you seem focused on shooting me, and everyone else, down. Now everyone has their own viewpoints, and they may be flawed, but at least weigh them up instead of cherry picking the parts you can attack. I was tempted to say that "if I say snow is white, you'd say snow is not really white at all", but then I actually thought you may read something about race into that!

Maybe its your legal training, but you take a statement and twist it to fit your argument.
Of course every Caribbean nation is currently tainted by this bribes scandal. They were the only ones there. 13 say it didn't happen, 4 say it did, 8 can't seem to remember one way or the other, theres photos (which, of course could be faked). Add to that the continual 20 years worth of alleged corruption by Jack, and of course the world is suspicious. Now, I'm not saying this is fair, and I'm getting tired of folks in UK and USA taking the p*ss out of T&T, a country I have chosen to live in, but I understand why. You understand as well, but you won't acknowledge it.

As for USA, I really don't know if their investigation would be fair, but I think theres a good chance it will be transparent.

And yes, I am dismissive of CFU because it is a cabul. It is run by and for Jack Warner. All of the well meaning programmes that could have been created have been left on the shelf because theres no money in it for Jack. Wheres the Caribbean Football Academy?  That would be one positive step. How about instead of T&T hosting an U17 world cup, it is shared with Grenada or St Lucia a la Japan/Korea? FIFA are supposed to be promoting new markets, so why not spread the joy?

As for your last statement, it proves my point. Competency? You really feel that Qatar hosting a world cup is competent? I expressly pointed out that although they may not all be the best administrators, they should certainly have some level of expertise and experience. Are you really suggesting that the guy from Thailand with a population of 67 million knows more about the business of domestic football than a guy from Netherlands (population 16 million). You ever heard the saying "It ain't the size of the wand, its the magic in it"
I'm happy to argue the points mate, and I'll gladly accept your views, but all the time you just want to nay say peoples views, whats the point? This isn't a courtroom, its a discussion forum. Seriously tell me that theres not one line of my previous post you don't see any logic in.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 10, 2011, 12:18:13 AM »
Maybe Im missing someting but as I reading it Football Supporter's arguments seem to make more sense if u look at it thru unbiased eyes. Yes we have "benefitted" from some of Jack's dealings but to say the we (T&T) or CFU have really taken advantage of any such benefits would be a lie. The theory is that if the Americans take over then the rest of us will suffer, but we suffering right now!! Do we really deserve our fortunes then if we cant find ways to make it translate onto the field??

Yeah you really missing something because Football Supporter hasn't at all addressed the issue of who will fare how under a powershift.  His entire argument is that in CONCACAF the larger nations should be controlling things and in world football the better footballing nations should be controlling things.

When yuh ready to address those perspectives then we can do so.  Other than that it's two parallel discussions that you are confusing as one.

Do we really deserve our fortunes then if we cant find ways to make it translate onto the field??

To ask this is to conveniently look past the fact that Jack Warner (among other factors) has prevented us from achieving our full potential.  Your argument then is that because we couldn't find a way to maximize our opportunities with the pittance we got under Jack we deserve nothing.  Sounds jokey, right?

Well, I think its fairly obvious, but in case you haven't worked it out, Blazer will horsetrade with CFU members to get their support on his proposals and throw a few crumbs down to the Caribbean. Like, maybe an U17 WC. Thing is, whoever is in charge, I don't think they can justify more tournaments in the Caribbean for a few years. Because of the CFU powerbase, whoever runs CONCACAF has to stroke them to get votes through. He may try to divide and conquer, but that would mean gaining 13 of the 25 and I don't think thats possible. I honestly don't think much will change except T&T won't receive the benefits Jack has bestowed upon us, and maybe other Caribbean countries will. (And, by the way, the reason I keep referring to CFU and not Caribbean nations, is that is easier to type....there really is no political or racist agenda here, just tired fingers!)   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2011, 12:31:53 AM »
Bakes, as you said, we're good, right? But even though I offer reasonable points and alternatives, you seem focused on shooting me, and everyone else, down. Now everyone has their own viewpoints, and they may be flawed, but at least weigh them up instead of cherry picking the parts you can attack. I was tempted to say that "if I say snow is white, you'd say snow is not really white at all", but then I actually thought you may read something about race into that!

Maybe its your legal training, but you take a statement and twist it to fit your argument.
Of course every Caribbean nation is currently tainted by this bribes scandal. They were the only ones there. 13 say it didn't happen, 4 say it did, 8 can't seem to remember one way or the other, theres photos (which, of course could be faked). Add to that the continual 20 years worth of alleged corruption by Jack, and of course the world is suspicious. Now, I'm not saying this is fair, and I'm getting tired of folks in UK and USA taking the p*ss out of T&T, a country I have chosen to live in, but I understand why. You understand as well, but you won't acknowledge it.

As for USA, I really don't know if their investigation would be fair, but I think theres a good chance it will be transparent.

And yes, I am dismissive of CFU because it is a cabul. It is run by and for Jack Warner. All of the well meaning programmes that could have been created have been left on the shelf because theres no money in it for Jack. Wheres the Caribbean Football Academy?  That would be one positive step. How about instead of T&T hosting an U17 world cup, it is shared with Grenada or St Lucia a la Japan/Korea? FIFA are supposed to be promoting new markets, so why not spread the joy?

As for your last statement, it proves my point. Competency? You really feel that Qatar hosting a world cup is competent? I expressly pointed out that although they may not all be the best administrators, they should certainly have some level of expertise and experience. Are you really suggesting that the guy from Thailand with a population of 67 million knows more about the business of domestic football than a guy from Netherlands (population 16 million). You ever heard the saying "It ain't the size of the wand, its the magic in it"
I'm happy to argue the points mate, and I'll gladly accept your views, but all the time you just want to nay say peoples views, whats the point? This isn't a courtroom, its a discussion forum. Seriously tell me that theres not one line of my previous post you don't see any logic in.

I'm sorry... which of your points are reasonable?  Am I supposed to only disagree with the points you make that YOU think are questionable?  I'm responding to everything that you said.  Where's the nitpicking you're crying about?  If I disagree with what you're saying I will address what I disagree with.  It's not like I dismissively told you "you talking shit" and left it at that.  I at least giving you the courtesy of understanding what I disagree with and WHY.  What's with all this shit talk about this not being a courtroom?  This is a discussion which borders on a debate... if your points don't stand up to scrutiny that's supposed to be my fault?

The fact is that I think your position is downright flawed and patronising and apparently you see no issue with that or don't see why anyone else should have issue with them.  Now to address specific things you said:

I was tempted to say that "if I say snow is white, you'd say snow is not really white at all", but then I actually thought you may read something about race into that!

Right... because as everyone knows, I'm a notorious racemonger.

Of course every Caribbean nation is currently tainted by this bribes scandal. They were the only ones there.

Do me the favor if you would... and please explain for me where I twisted any of your words.  Seriously.  Now it's possible that I may have taken something you said other than how you meant it... but of course not, I'm deliberately twisting your words... because that, apparently, is what "legal training" teaches one to do.

But on to the CFU statement.  So because all CFU countries were there, the CFU is a cabal... and that means that you cannot find ONE incorruptible person in all of the CFU nations, football-affiliated or not.  Every single person in all the Caribbean suddenly lacks the qualification, morals and partiality necessary to conduct the inquiry, right?  Louis Freeh is an ex-judge in private practice with no football connections.  You're trying to tell me we couldn't find someone like him to conduct the inquiry?  What about an internationally renowned jurist like TnT's own Karl Hudson-Phillips??  Look him up if you're unfamiliar.  Or does he not count because he happens to be from the same country as Jack Warner?  No Caribbean official is capable of leading a transparent inquiry?  Is that your position?  Please clarify for me, I'm asking... because I don't want you crying about me twisting your words again.

To your last paragraph... I didn't say that Qatar hosting a WC is competent.  My question to you was whether only the better footballing nations deserved a say on matters, competency be damned?  In other words... should we appoint decision makers based on where their national team ranks, as you suggest, or should we appoint them based on competence?  THAT is what my question meant... not that the current FIFA administration is competent.  I won't accuse you of twisting my words.  And I still don't understand your fixation on relative population size... if someone is competent at running a global sporting body, then they're competent... period.  Knowledge about the nuances of football inside individual countries is immaterial to business and sporting saavy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 10, 2011, 12:39:21 AM »
Well, I think its fairly obvious, but in case you haven't worked it out, Blazer will horsetrade with CFU members to get their support on his proposals and throw a few crumbs down to the Caribbean. Like, maybe an U17 WC. Thing is, whoever is in charge, I don't think they can justify more tournaments in the Caribbean for a few years. Because of the CFU powerbase, whoever runs CONCACAF has to stroke them to get votes through. He may try to divide and conquer, but that would mean gaining 13 of the 25 and I don't think thats possible. I honestly don't think much will change except T&T won't receive the benefits Jack has bestowed upon us, and maybe other Caribbean countries will. (And, by the way, the reason I keep referring to CFU and not Caribbean nations, is that is easier to type....there really is no political or racist agenda here, just tired fingers!)   

I'm not saying you have a racist agenda... I'm trying to get you to realize the implications of your words.  When you just dismiss the "CFU" as corrupt, therefore incapable of leading a full and fair inquiry, you're not just indicting the footballing bodies in the CFU member nations, you're saying there isn't a single qualified, impartial, incorruptible soul in the whole of the islands who would do as good a job as Louis Freeh... because somehow you trust the Americans more.  That's what your words say even if you didn't mean them to.  If that's not what you meant then it's on you to explain what you meant.

To your point above about tournaments being given to other islands etc.  This goes to something you said earlier with regards to sharing with Grenada ala Korea/Japan.  For one thing FIFA has disavowed that as a model... the logistical problems proved to not be worth the hassle, so I doubt we'd ever really see a shared tournament.  That aside, when looking at all factors, infrastructure (road and transportation), security, stadia etc.  What other countries would rival TnT as would-be hosts?  Jamaica maybe... Barbados?  Who else?  Not saying they can't host from here on out... just talking about past tournaments that Jack supposedly steered (as opposed to TnT being the best choice) to TnT.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2011, 05:36:10 AM »
Suriname FA chief got $$ ‘gift’
T&T Newsday
Friday, June 10 2011

FRESH evidence that Caribbean football officials were given brown envelopes containing “gifts” of US$40,000 in cash has been revealed.

A number of associations of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) have denied receiving any cash, while four have said they were offered and refused the money. Yesterday, the president of the Suriname FA confirmed to Press Association Sport that he was handed US$40,000, in US$100 bills, at a special meeting of the CFU in Trinidad on May 10.

Louis Giskus insists, however, that he was told it was a gift from the CFU to spend on development projects.

Jack Warner, who is the longest-serving member of FIFA’s executive committee and a senior Government minister in Trinidad, and Mohamed Bin Hammam have both been suspended by the world governing body while FIFA investigates allegations that they paid or offered bribes to officials of the 25 associations that make up the CFU.

Two CFU officials, Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester, have also been provisionally suspended. They all deny any wrongdoing.

Giskus said in an interview: “We went up to a room and were given US$40,000 in a brown envelope with the name of Suriname on it.

Giskus said he returned to Suriname that evening and the following day, May 11, that he handed the cash over to the federation’s treasurer, who banked the money.

He said the Suriname FA still had the US$40,000 in their bank account.

An affidavit by the Bahamas FA vice-president Fred Lunn sent to FIFA last month, a copy of which has been seen by Press Association Sport, states that the rest of the CFU members were addressed at a meeting by Warner in Trinidad on that May 11.

Lunn’s affidavit states he was given a brown envelope with US$40,000 in cash inside for grassroots programmes or any purpose the individuals saw fit.”

The Barbados FA president Roland Jones released a statement yesterday insisting neither he nor his officials were offered any bribes by Bin Hamman or Warner.

FIFA have appointed a company owned by ex-FBI director Louis Freeh to investigate the bribery claims but up to 18 of the 25 CFU associations have refused FIFA’s call to go to Miami to provide evidence.

A CFU source said that FIFA had now agreed to a new venue for the interviews and that they were prepared to co-operate with any “independent and unbiased” investigation.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2011, 05:36:57 AM »
Camps says TTFF hands clean
T&T Newsday
Friday, June 10 2011

“We have done nothing wrong and we have no reason to hide. Those were the defiant words of Oliver Camps, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), commenting for the first time since allegations of bribery were made against TTFF special adviser Jack Warner and FIFA executive member Mohammed bin Hammam.

In a media release yesterday, Camps categorically denied he or any of the TTFF’s delegates accepted the bribery sum of US$40,000 from bin Hammam and said he will not be part of a “witch-hunt” by FIFA. “The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is cognisant of the current investigations into allegations of bribery being made against Austin Jack Warner...(and) wishes to explicitly state that none of its delegates were offered any inducements, bribes or gifts to support any of the candidates during the meeting on the May 10, 2011 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Trinidad,” he said. Camps argued that the meeting took place all within the FIFA boundaries that dictate what was acceptable.

“In the interest of Fair Play - one of the founding principles of this game, we listened to the speeches by Mohammed bin Hammam, as he put forth a case as to why he would be the best choice for FIFA. A privilege that was afforded to now FIFA president Sepp Blatter in Miami,” he explained.

“The TTFF was made aware that the trip and accommodation were sponsored by Mohammed bin Hammam under the auspices of the CFU (Caribbean Football Union). The TTFF did not and does not see this as akin to bribery or any inducements as in the past, trips by Caribbean delegates to meetings have been sponsored by the organisation and agency that wanted to put on the programme,” he added.

Camps revealed his Federation has been in communication with FIFA and promised their cooperation throughout their investigations once it is “unbiased”

“Since the meeting...the TTFF has received several communications from CONCACAF and FIFA about allegations of bribery and invitations to meetings before the Ethics Committee of FIFA. The president and Executive of the TTFF like all other Caribbean nations will fully cooperate with any independent and unbiased investigation if and when called upon (to) do so. We have done nothing wrong and we have no reason to hide,” he said.

“We, however, will not be party to or participate in any witch-hunt being launched by the whims and fancies of those who wish to destroy the name of our great Confederation. As a Federation, it has been made public that we have written to FIFA expressing our concerns over the impartiality of the investigation,” he continued.

The TTFF boss believes the scandal is destroying the close relationship between the CFU and CONCACAF and expressed hope that they could recover from the current situation.

“We as a member of the CONCACAF are deeply saddened and disturbed over the maneuvering and machinations which have taken place...relative to the actions of the Executive and it’s General Secretary...

The events over the past two weeks have strained the once unbreakable relationship between the CFU and CONCACAF,” he said. Approached by members of the media after yesterday’s meeting of Cabinet at Tobago, Warner said, “what more is there left for me to say?”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2011, 05:39:10 AM »
Rowley gives Gibbs 5 days to change mind
Call to track down US$1m 'football money'
By Ria Taitt Political Editor

Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley is giving Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs five days to reverse his "untenable" position not to investigate whether over US$1 million illegally entered the country in order to pay members of the Caribbean Football Union in the money-for-votes scandal.

Gibbs had told the media on Tuesday that the police were not investigating the allegations against Jack Warner and others until "we have information that suggests we should enter into some sort of criminal investigation. There are a lot of allegations coming through the media".

But Rowley said if Gibbs, whom he accused of taking an "irresponsible position which was tantamount to a dereliction of duty", maintains his position not to investigate he would be making a formal complaint to the Police Service Commission against the Police Commissioner.

Rowley also said the Opposition had the option to write to the Integrity Commission and the office of the President. Rowley and People's National Movement (PNM) Senator Fitzgerald Hinds were addressing a news conference yesterday at the Opposition Leader's office in Port of Spain.

Both Rowley and Hinds stressed that the PNM was calling for investigations to be done with respect to possible breaches of the Foreign Exchange Act and the Customs Act - which prohibit the importation of any currency, except with the permission of the Central Bank, and which makes it an offence to fail to declare or file a false declaration in respect of bringing into the country of any goods or money over $5,000, respectively.

Rowley said it was "shocking and wholly unacceptable" for the commissioner not to be interested in finding out whether these laws were broken.

"We believe that he is guided by some misguided approach that he is toeing the line of the political directorate," he said.

Rowley said Gibbs, a contract officer under serious threat of dismissal by elements of the Government, was being cowed by the circumstances and being frightened away from the possible unpleasant outcome of a successful enquiry. Noting that police officers would have to talk to a particular minister of government in any enquiry, Rowley asked: "Is the Commissioner of Police afraid to do that?"

He said, "Persons have admitted to making money available and making payments in Trinidad and Tobago to Caribbean Football Union officials." He added that such people were not known to have declared those funds in accordance with the law. He said a proper investigation should look into:

a) Who imported US dollars notes in Trinidad and Tobago

b) And if the money was not imported, who provided it locally.

As a member of Interpol, "any information we could get out of Belmont Police Station, we can get from an international location" by referring our investigations to Interpol, Rowley said.

Rowley recalled that last Carnival the office and person of the CoP were "improperly used" when Gibbs showed up at a fete in Moka as part of the prime ministerial entourage, "coat-tailing her at a political jaunt" at which she received a cheque and made a political speech.

Noting that a police officer had a duty to detect crime, Hinds said for Gibbs to take the "cool, Caribbean and breezy posture that he could just sit back as the highest paid Police Commissioner in the Western Hemisphere and simply not get busy trying to determine whether the laws of Trinidad and Tobago have been breached ... is mind-blowing".

Hinds wrote to the Commissioner on Monday asking whether he intended to initiate an investigation into any breach of the laws of Trinidad and Tobago, with special reference to the Exchange Control Act, the Customs Acts and generally the criminal laws relating to bribery.

The penalty for the filing of a false declaration under the Customs Act is a fine of three times the value of the item not so declared, or a term of imprisonment of eight years, Hinds said.

Warner and Mohamed Bin Hammam were suspended from FIFA following allegations that delegates of the CFU were each offered US$40,000 at a meeting at the Hyatt Regency Hotel to support Bin Hammam's candidacy for the position of FIFA president.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:40:52 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/09/2259528/fifa-expands-austins-ban-to-worldwide.html

FIFA expands Austin's ban to worldwide level

By Sports Network

FIFA expanded the provisional suspension of acting CONCACAF president Lisle Austin to a worldwide level Thursday.

Austin was "provisionally banned from all football activities within CONCACAF and at the national level," CONCACAF announced Saturday. FIFA followed the ban by extending it to all football related activities throughout the world.

Austin took over control over CONCACAF after Jack Warner was suspended by FIFA over bribery allegations, but now is prohibited from any soccer activities on the "international and national level," according to CONCACAF's website.

However, Austin has not been charged, and CONCACAF has not explained the exact reason for the decision. FIFA also did not disclose why Austin was suspended.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 10, 2011, 07:47:35 AM »
Bakes, maybe I'm just not making myself clear, so, again I apologise. But I never once said that no one in the Caribbean is competent to run an investigation. My point was simple and obvious. To the world outside of the Caribbean, it looks like Caribbean administrators were involved in some capacity in a bribery situation and it now appears that those same people are covering it up. In order to maintain a veneer of impartiality, I stated that I believe the investigation should be carried out by someone else. I never, ever stated that Freeh is more capable than anyone from the Caribbean, just that he is NOT FROM THE CARIBBEAN.

Yes, there are people out there who believe every one from the Caribbean is corruptable. I don't believe this, I'm just trying to add perspective from a "foreigners" viewpoint. If you don't like that fact, you have to look at the people who project the Caribbean as "banana republics" like Mr Warner. He is probably now recognised as the most corrupt football official on the planet. Blame him. Africa used to be tagged as corruptable, but thanks to Jack, now its the Caribbean. I can't help this attitude from overseas, I'm just bringing home the reality.

I know this analogy is not good, but you will get my meaning. If you have a chinese guy who murders a white guy from, say Southampton, would you allow a jury of white guys from Southampton to give a verdict? Now these guys could be perfect citizens, but would you chance it? Thats all I'm pointing out, playing devils advocate and trying to show how the outside world sees this. Again, I mean no disrespect to you, people of T&T or the Caribbean.

On another subject Bakes, how can it be that Gibbs won't investigate? Surely theres probable cause for an investigation? With the worlds eyes on Jack, this just adds to the notion I referred to above. I'm not saying sack Jack, but there are statements accusing Jack of being involved and at the very least, of someone carrying undeclared funds into the country. Isn't that the job of GIbbs - to investigate if laws are broken? Or does he only act on definates such as a dead body with gunshot wounds? This stinks of political involvement in the laws of T&T.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2011, 08:17:46 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/927141/surinam-president-reveals-cash-'gift'-from-fifa?cc=5901

http://guardian.co.tt/news/2011/06/10/rowley-gives-top-cop-5-days-say-why-no-probe-warner

Internal pressure will build to investigate the currency matter. One question will be; who was at the other end of the phone number that was given to the Surinamese delegate? This investigation is going to snowball and get into areas far beyond the questionable passing of money and all attempts to cast this as an American conspiracy will lose credibility. The police will have no choice but to investigate. If they don't they may risk the embarrassment of having a private foreign company investigate and apply T&T law as well as FIFA statutes to paint a clear picture that a powerful minister neglected at the very least, his fiduciary duties as a minister and at most, broke the law.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:09 AM »
Bakes, maybe I'm just not making myself clear, so, again I apologise. But I never once said that no one in the Caribbean is competent to run an investigation. My point was simple and obvious. To the world outside of the Caribbean, it looks like Caribbean administrators were involved in some capacity in a bribery situation and it now appears that those same people are covering it up. In order to maintain a veneer of impartiality, I stated that I believe the investigation should be carried out by someone else. I never, ever stated that Freeh is more capable than anyone from the Caribbean, just that he is NOT FROM THE CARIBBEAN.

Yes, there are people out there who believe every one from the Caribbean is corruptable. I don't believe this, I'm just trying to add perspective from a "foreigners" viewpoint. If you don't like that fact, you have to look at the people who project the Caribbean as "banana republics" like Mr Warner. He is probably now recognised as the most corrupt football official on the planet. Blame him. Africa used to be tagged as corruptable, but thanks to Jack, now its the Caribbean. I can't help this attitude from overseas, I'm just bringing home the reality.

I know this analogy is not good, but you will get my meaning. If you have a chinese guy who murders a white guy from, say Southampton, would you allow a jury of white guys from Southampton to give a verdict? Now these guys could be perfect citizens, but would you chance it? Thats all I'm pointing out, playing devils advocate and trying to show how the outside world sees this. Again, I mean no disrespect to you, people of T&T or the Caribbean.

On another subject Bakes, how can it be that Gibbs won't investigate? Surely theres probable cause for an investigation? With the worlds eyes on Jack, this just adds to the notion I referred to above. I'm not saying sack Jack, but there are statements accusing Jack of being involved and at the very least, of someone carrying undeclared funds into the country. Isn't that the job of GIbbs - to investigate if laws are broken? Or does he only act on definates such as a dead body with gunshot wounds? This stinks of political involvement in the laws of T&T.

You didn't say it directly but the inference is certainly there.  And for as simple and obvious as you may believe your point to be, it reads as something different. 

Your second paragraph and much of what you've said seems to imply that ignorance needs to be validated as opposed to dimissed.  So what if "there are people out there who believe every one from the Caribbean is corruptable?"  That doesn't make it a reality, and like Warner or not he has made the CFU a unified force to be reckoned with.  Many of the same people that see the caribbean as "banana republics" are more than likely envious at the amount of power Warner weilds within FIFA as the head of CFU.  While many may see Warner as the most coorupt, I'm willing to bet much more see Blatter as the ultimate since if he wanted to get Jack out it could have been done from a bevy of different platforms and he never did.  You are not bringing any reality but instead showing that you are subscribing to ignorance by some of your assertions.

With that analogy, is Southampton mostly poulated with whites?  If so then how likely are you to be able to field a Jury that isn't almost all white if not 100% so?  The question is suggesting that there is much choice in the matter, unless you petition to move the venue to a more "chinese" freindly location.

What would be Gibbs probable cause?  Bin Hamman wired money so no cash there.  Jack is a millionaire  and could easily pull that cash together without breaking any laws to do so, couldn't he?  Is there an allegation somewhere that was reported to the police that JW broke the law or colluded with others to do so?  Who to this point has been even speculated as the culprit that brought in this "undeclared cash?"

I am by no means a Jack supporter but I think far too many of you want him out so bad that you would compromise on the very same ethics you want in place just to have him removed.  If this is the manner in which he get's removed are we somehow confident that there is a brighter horizon ahead?  I hope allyuh eh so delusional nah because ah rell rude awakening awaiting allyuh.  If Blazer has his way COCACAF will be down to 3 spots and him and his cohorts will certainly seek to take advantage of the very same type of alliance system that made the CFU powerful. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 10, 2011, 10:22:03 AM »
Once FIFA invole it cyah have ethics. So trying 2 surgically remove Jack from we football witout blood spilling eh possible. So me eh care how he leaves once he gone. So if Santa Blazer is d instrument to be used so b it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 10, 2011, 10:36:55 AM »
The point that Bakes is trying to make to me, is that as much as many of us don't like Jack, Blazer I'm getting a sneaky feeling has an American agenda that will put CFU interests to the back burner. And I already believe that Blazer can already count on the votes from Turks and Caicos, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, US Virgin Islands etc.

Its a concern of what's best for CFU as an entity. The way Blazer has been maneuvering would suggest there's a hidden agenda.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 10, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »
There seems to be a debate about what is preferable; a less influential but perhaps more ethical CFU or a more influential yet perhaps ethically challenged CFU. For myself, the CFU can be an institution that embodies true transparency and the best practices that will enable the production of better players, teams, and programs without losing it's ability to be a unified and influential block within CONCACAF.

However, one thing is certain, the present setup is unsustainable and only manages to indulge a select few while a number of people and institutions that can be utilized are frequently marginalized for a number of illegitimate reasons. Finally, the concern about possible American conspiracies and motives is, at best, a misplaced one.

First, CONCACAF would financially benefit from additional world cup spots so to think Blazer will undermine attempts to get more spots is ridiculous. Second, there is no US conspiracy to take the world cup away from Qatar. Believe it or not there are ongoing international issues far more important than football. Qatar is a major US ally in a volatile region that will likely get more volatile in the next few years. No US administration will jeopardize alienating and embarassing an ally of such strategic importance by engaging in an effort to take away the 2022 world cup.

If evidence shows that Jack and good portion of the CFU engaged in the acts they are accused of; they must be held accountable and not be allowed to use the mantle of new colonialism and racism to hide their misdeeds. Too many of our leaders have employed this strategy and its time we say enough is enough.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 10, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »

Bro, I know you and I believe I know what's in your heart... so don't for a minute think that I am attacking you personally for your beliefs.  I think we've cleared up our respective positions some, but see what Flickin' Killa and Jayerson have posted... they reflect my position and where I think some of your statements do you a disservice.  But as I said, I understand what you're trying to say... you've now said it directly, but recognize what the inference was before. 

As for Gibb's position... at the time that I read it I found them to be sound, but I need to go back and look at the issue again.  Will let you know my thoughts.  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 10, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
There seems to be a debate about what is preferable; a less influential but perhaps more ethical CFU or a more influential yet perhaps ethically challenged CFU. For myself, the CFU can be an institution that embodies true transparency and the best practices that will enable the production of better players, teams, and programs without losing it's ability to be a unified and influential block within CONCACAF.

However, one thing is certain, the present setup is unsustainable and only manages to indulge a select few while a number of people and institutions that can be utilized are frequently marginalized for a number of illegitimate reasons. Finally, the concern about possible American conspiracies and motives is, at best, a misplaced one.

First, CONCACAF would financially benefit from additional world cup spots so to think Blazer will undermine attempts to get more spots is ridiculous. Second, there is no US conspiracy to take the world cup away from Qatar. Believe it or not there are ongoing international issues far more important than football. Qatar is a major US ally in a volatile region that will likely get more volatile in the next few years. No US administration will jeopardize alienating and embarassing an ally of such strategic importance by engaging in an effort to take away the 2022 world cup.

If evidence shows that Jack and good portion of the CFU engaged in the acts they are accused of; they must be held accountable and not be allowed to use the mantle of new colonialism and racism to hide their misdeeds. Too many of our leaders have employed this strategy and its time we say enough is enough.

U mixing up US political agendas with USSF agendas boss.  One have nothing to do with the other.  And call it misplaced all you want but the manner in which Blazer has gone about things is very underhanded.  USSF doesn't care much about CONCACAF's benefit as much as they care about theirs, so to think otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible to say the least.  You come off as if you believe Jack and Blazer are polar opposites and if you do I might have some real estate that may interest you.  Ends justify the means it seems for many.  So far is only Blazers allies claiming there was a "bribe" while some are saying it was for a pet project and some aren't talking at all.  I know is JW we dealing with so the assumption of guilt is there, but if we are to be objective can we honestly say it is fact that officials were bribed?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 10, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »

U mixing up US political agendas with USSF agendas boss.  One have nothing to do with the other.  And call it misplaced all you want but the manner in which Blazer has gone about things is very underhanded.  USSF doesn't care much about CONCACAF's benefit as much as they care about theirs, so to think otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible to say the least.  You come off as if you believe Jack and Blazer are polar opposites and if you do I might have some real estate that may interest you.  Ends justify the means it seems for many.  So far is only Blazers allies claiming there was a "bribe" while some are saying it was for a pet project and some aren't talking at all.  I know is JW we dealing with so the assumption of guilt is there, but if we are to be objective can we honestly say it is fact that officials were bribed?

I'm not sure I agree. US foreign policy is carefully thought out and planned. They would try to put a cap on any overt efforts to upset a strategic ally. Look how the UK and Russian govts got behind their bids. Football at global level is a very emotive sport and govts do watch the effects of decisions such as this.

Regarding Gibbs etc, the fact that we don't know if money was illegally brought into T&T is precisely why it should be investigated. Even if, as you say, Jack had the money here, then that too should be investigated. Remember, you can't simply withdraw US$1 million in cash from a bank. So where did it come from? Was it illegally obtained? Were taxes paid? All of these questions are worthy of investigation. We also know that 24 overseas visitors took US$40,000 illegally out of T&T and its now been stated by the Surinam guy that he was offered a number to call if he had problems at Piarco. This must be investigated. 

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 10, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »

I'm not sure I agree. US foreign policy is carefully thought out and planned. They would try to put a cap on any overt efforts to upset a strategic ally. Look how the UK and Russian govts got behind their bids. Football at global level is a very emotive sport and govts do watch the effects of decisions such as this.

Regarding Gibbs etc, the fact that we don't know if money was illegally brought into T&T is precisely why it should be investigated. Even if, as you say, Jack had the money here, then that too should be investigated. Remember, you can't simply withdraw US$1 million in cash from a bank. So where did it come from? Was it illegally obtained? Were taxes paid? All of these questions are worthy of investigation. We also know that 24 overseas visitors took US$40,000 illegally out of T&T and its now been stated by the Surinam guy that he was offered a number to call if he had problems at Piarco. This must be investigated. 

Has anyone lodged an official complaint of wrong doing though?  If not Gibbs cah just jump an say "dis eh right, I goin een"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 10, 2011, 12:01:37 PM »
No boss, I think you are the one who is confused. Blazer is not with the USSF. His constituency is CONCACAF. Though he is an American, he answers to an Executive Board that only has one American on it other than himself. Is the US happy and supportive about Jack's impending demise, yes. However, to question the motives behind the moves to remove a group that may have participated in numerous violations is enabling and indicates a lack of belly for the need to clean up football. If they are guilty I don't care if they share my complexion, nationality, or religion. They should get what they deserve.

As football supporter implied, a number of changes will be orchestrated by Blazer and all he would need is to get half of the CFU countries to find something in those changes that are beneficial to their federations or their personal interests. One thing I can't understand in the concern about whether the CFU will be marginalized under new management. What program of significance did the present CFU introduce that truly improved football in the Caribbean. Better yet, what has the Centre of Excellence done to extend itself to the grassroots development of football in T&T? It is a facility that is FIFA financed but somehow the only group that benefits is Joe Public and the Warner family. So, if a new management within CONCACAF comes in and creates a system that truly supports football development in the Caribbean then God bless them.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:26:10 PM by tempo »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 10, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »

[/quote]

No boss, I think you are the one who is confused. Blazer is not with the USSF. His constituency is CONCACAF. Though he is an American, he answers to an Executive Board that only has one American on it other than himself. Is the US happy and supportive about Jack's impending demise, yes. However, to question the motives behind the moves to remove a group that may have participated in numerous violations is enabling and indicates a lack of belly for the need to clean up football. If they are guilty I don't care if they share my complexion, nationality, or religion. They should get what they deserve.
[/quote]

I think people here don't realise who Chuck Blazer really is.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 10, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

I think so in troot

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 10, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »

I think so in troot

I don't think that the USSF care to much for Chuck Blazer, JW, etc. Sunil Gulatti is another beast all by himself.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 10, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »
Watch nah,

As I follow this fascinating story, it is becoming clear that this cancerous filthy double dealin' by Jackula is going to cause a toxic drip-drip daily corrosion of his already poor credibility and permanently damage his cowardly yes-men as they get stuck being forced to lie and retract as pressure builds for people to ask what really goin' orn with dis and dat ... de brown envelope ... de travel angency .... de missing 100,000 dullas .... who took de call to say "call meh if yuh any worries when yuh pass tru Piarco wit' de suitcase" ...  "Breaking news from Suriname reveals confession that a brown envelope containing 40,000 UD dullahs was actually accepted by Mr X ...... Scamps say, the "TTFF books clean, I eh know nutten about any missing morney. Addidas, Lucozade an' dem nevah give me no cheque hoss" ...  :rotfl:

What a bunch of dutty kakaholes. They all going dong .... hard!! Mark my words. Coop's yuh hearing?
Iz only so much bullshit, lies, that the newly internet savvy, international community can take from yuh boys.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:29:22 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 10, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »

Has anyone lodged an official complaint of wrong doing though?  If not Gibbs cah just jump an say "dis eh right, I goin een"

I'm not sure I understand all of the laws etc, but if Gibbs buying his doubles in st James and sees a man lying dead with a bullet hole in his chest, is he supposed to ignore it until someone shouts "murdah"? I'm sure all of the past weeks events constitutes a "smoking gun", its his job to figure out if the gun was actually fired at someone, who's gun it is, is it licenced, and is there enough evidence to prosecute. In this scenario, he has some reported eye witnesses to the shooting and a possible lead to the man who arranged the shooting, the actual gunman (i.e. the guy who handed over the envelopes and opffered a phone number if help was needed to take cash overseas), and a lead to the man who possibly devised the hit. 
Gibbs is obviously very worried about investigating Jack and may well have been warned to stay clear for fear of implicating Kamla & the govt, but he has to maintain his integrity, if he doesn't, no one will trust him in T&T, as it will appear that he is an instument of the govt, not the law. Wasn't this exactly why Kamla dismantled SAUTT, and alleged it was an agency of the PNM? 

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 10, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-10/fbi-s-freeh-fifa-bribe-investigators-to-visit-bahamas-after-miami-snubbed.html

FIFA Bribe Investigators to Visit Bahamas to Question Soccer Officials
By Tariq Panja - Jun 10, 2011 5:57 PM ET

A team led by former Federal Bureau of Investigation head Louis Freeh that is looking into allegations of bribery in the presidential election of soccer’s governing body will go to the Bahamas to meet with officials who refused to travel to the U.S.

Meanwhile, the Trinidad & Tobago Police Service said today it will ask FIFA, soccer’s Switzerland-based international federation, for details of its investigation into accusations that Caribbean members were offered $40,000 each in exchange for support.

Members of the Caribbean Football Union declined an invitation to meet Freeh’s group in Miami earlier this week, saying they’d only participate if the sessions took place in the West Indies. They also questioned FIFA’s decision to hire a U.S. firm to look into allegations that some regional officials were offered and accepted cash bribes to vote for Mohamed Bin Hammam, a challenger to President Sepp Blatter.

“The Caribbean Football Union and its members welcome an unbiased, impartial and independent investigation into the matter,” a CFU spokesman said from the organization’s headquarters in Trinidad. “FIFA has agreed to move venues and it will be held in the Bahamas.”

The spokesman didn’t give a date for the meeting. FIFA didn’t respond to an e-mail seeking comment. Freeh couldn’t immediately comment, his office said today.

May Meeting
The allegations are linked to a May 10-11 meeting in Trinidad arranged by FIFA Vice President Jack Warner to allow Bin Hammam to lobby for votes. Bin Hammam and Warner have been suspended by FIFA pending the investigation. Both deny wrongdoing.

Caribbean officials, led by acting CFU President Horace Burrell, have complained about the choice of a U.S. investigator. They argue that because American soccer official Chuck Blazer made the initial bribery allegation, an investigator from another country should be selected.

FIFA’s head of security, Chris Eaton, said Freeh’s probe would continue whether the officials cooperated or not.

“Talking is one way of investigating, that’s all,” Eaton said in an interview. “There are other ways to do an investigation and I’m fairly certain that the professionals at the Freeh Group will do that. There are a lot of options available.”

Complaint to FIFA
Five officials told Chicago-based lawyer John Collins they had been offered money. Collins filed the complaint to FIFA on behalf of Blazer, the general secretary of Concacaf, the body responsible for soccer in North and Central America and the Caribbean, which Warner had run since 1990. Twelve CFU members provided letters denying they’d seen any money change hands at the meeting.

The statement from the Trinidad & Tobago police, made to the country’s minority party and issued in a news release, said the lack of evidence beyond media reports currently made it “impracticable” to pursue a criminal investigation into the bribery allegations.

“Notwithstanding the above, it is our intention to write to FIFA requesting information which they may have in their possession which may afford us the opportunity of commencing any investigation(s) into any alleged criminal activity within our jurisdiction,” the police service said.

Editors: Bob Bensch, Christopher Elser.

To contact the reporter on this story: Tariq Panja in the London newsroom on at tpanja@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Chris Elser at celser@bloomberg.net

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 10, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »
Watch nah,

As I follow this fascinating story, it is becoming clear that this cancerous filthy double dealin' by Jackula is going to cause a toxic drip-drip daily corrosion of his already poor credibility and permanently damage his cowardly yes-men as they get stuck being forced to lie and retract as pressure builds for people to ask what really goin' orn with dis and dat ... de brown envelope ... de travel angency .... de missing 100,000 dullas .... who took de call to say "call meh if yuh any worries when yuh pass tru Piarco wit' de suitcase" ...  "Breaking news from Suriname reveals confession that a brown envelope containing 40,000 UD dullahs was actually accepted by Mr X ...... Scamps say, the "TTFF books clean, I eh know nutten about any missing morney. Addidas, Lucozade an' dem nevah give me no cheque hoss" ...  :rotfl:

What a bunch of dutty kakaholes. They all going dong .... hard!! Mark my words. Coop's yuh hearing?
Iz only so much bullshit, lies, that the newly internet savvy, international community can take from yuh boys.

Coop's seems to have gone into hiding!!

He's probably wondering if his loyalty to Jackula over the last few years will still pay-off with a nice corrupt FIFA  position now that the $hit seems to be hitting the fan!  8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:05:13 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 10, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »
http://www.sportsfeatures.com/soccernews/story/48821/exit-may-be-on-the-horizon-as-warner-aims-to-give-fifa-inquiry-a-miss

SportsFeatures.comPOSTED: June 9th 2011
NewsUpdate

Exit may be on the horizon as Warner aims to give FIFA inquiry a miss

Jack Warner: at a FIFA crossroads / Fotosports.com
KEIR RADNEDGE in La Paz / Sports Features Communications

LA PAZ, Jun 09: Football and FIFA will have seen the last of controversial Jack Warner if the suspended head of CONCACAF goes ahead with his refusal to meet bribery allegations investigators.

Trinidadian Warner and Qatar’s Asian confederation president Mohamed Bin Hammam was banned pending a full ethics committee hearing into whether they colluded to hand out $1m ‘buying’ 25 Caribbean votes in the recent FIFA presidential election.

The storm has overshadowed the early stages of the Central and North American Confederation’s showpiece Gold Cup which is under way in the United States.

Several of the Caribbean federations have issued contradictory statements on whether they believe they were offered bribes or not at a CFU meeting on May 10-11. Warner, who has denied the allegations, has said: "I have not received any summons asking me to speak with them [the investigators] nor do I plan to."

Not that Warner’s statement may be taken with full credibility. Last weekend he reneged on an ealier promise to publish an email damning to FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

Some 18 federations which rejected FIFA’s invitation to give evidence in Miami to a inquiry panel led by former FBI director Freeh have now been offered a venue closer to home in the West Indies.

One of those federations to deny having been bribed is Barbados whose own president, Lisle Austin, is currently suspended from the role of acting president of CONCACAF.

Austin took over after Warner’s suspension and immediately clashed with CONCACAF general secretary Chuch Blazer, the bribery allegations’ whistleblower. Austin has pleaded for FIFA to come to his rescue.

In a statement Austin, whose earlier comments had been issued by Warner’s own media operation, said: “The organization is under attack from within by those who refuse to respect the statutes of Concacaf and have no regard for the rights and interests of the members. I will not stand idly by while this happens and hope, through FIFA intervention or other means, to restore order to CONCACAF as soon as possible.”

CONCACAF has asked FIFA to extend Austin’s ban worldwide until a full hearing on July 13. His full statement: “Earlier this week, I advised FIFA President Sepp Blatter of the actual course of events related to the governance of CONCACAF since 29 May 2011 and urged his intervention to ensure that the Statutes of CONCACAF are honored.

"Any and all guidance from FIFA in resolving the unfortunate situation at CONCACAF is most welcome.

“I am committed to protecting the institution of which I am Acting President and asked Mr. Blatter to recognize my rights in that role. Further uncertainty will only serve to frustrate the goals of transparency and reform not only for CONFACAF but for the sport of association football.

Appointment confirmation

“I succeeded to the position of Acting President of CONCACAF on 29 May 2011, pursuant to Article 29 of the Statutes of CONCACAF.  I confirmed this appointment in a letter to Sepp Blatter dated 1 June 2011.

“On 31 May 2011, I exercised my authority as Acting President and terminated the General Secretary of CONCACAF. I convened two meetings of the Emergency Committee of CONCACAF, to ratify and confirm the termination of Mr. Blazer as General Secretary and to revoke his signing authority over the bank accounts of CONCACAF.

“I have also made known, in the spirit of transparency and reform, my intention to direct a forensic audit of CONCACAF’s finances for the  five-year period prior to 2011.

“On 2 June 2011, a lawyer from a New York law firm approached me and stated that I had been suspended by the Executive Committee of CONCACAF.  That lawyer was not validly acting on behalf of CONCACAF.

“On 3 June 2011, Mr. Alfredo Hawit issued a statement purportedly on behalf of CONCACAF stating that I had been suspended by the Executive Committee and that Mr. Hawit had assumed the position of Acting President.  Both of those claims are in utter disregard of the Statutes of CONCACAF.

“Under the Statutes of CONCACAF, the Executive Committee has no authority to ‘suspend’ the President.  The President is elected by the Congress. Only the Congress can remove the President, and only FIFA can suspend the President of CONCACAF.

“These actions and additional statements questioning my leadership are being engineered by a faction of CONCACAF attempting to unlawfully seize control. The actions and statements of these persons are beyond their authority and are neither the actions of, nor binding upon, CONCACAF.  As Acting President I will take all appropriate steps to remedy these actions.

“The organization is under attack from within by those who refuse to respect the Statutes of CONCACAF and have no regard for the rights and interests of the Members at large. I will not stand idly by while this happens and hope, through FIFA intervention or other means, to restore order to CONCACAF as soon as possible.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords · FIFA · CONCCACAF · Warner · Blatter ·

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information contact:
Laura Walden (lwalden@sportsfeatures.com)
Keir Radnedge (kradnedge@sportsfeatures.com)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:49:01 PM by dreamer »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 10, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
and the beat goes on

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »

As football supporter implied, a number of changes will be orchestrated by Blazer and all he would need is to get half of the CFU countries to find something in those changes that are beneficial to their federations or their personal interests. One thing I can't understand in the concern about whether the CFU will be marginalized under new management. What program of significance did the present CFU introduce that truly improved football in the Caribbean. Better yet, what has the Centre of Excellence done to extend itself to the grassroots development of football in T&T? It is a facility that is FIFA financed but somehow the only group that benefits is Joe Public and the Warner family. So, if a new management within CONCACAF comes in and creates a system that truly supports football development in the Caribbean then God bless them.

Flickin Killa is absolutely correct... you are indeed confusing politics with sport on this front.  Obama may not want to upset Qatar but that has nothing to do with the USSF.  Can the Qatari government ask the US government to intercede and press its case with the USSF to drop any efforts to rescind the bid?  Yes it can, but such action would be at the discretion of the USSF.  To say that a rescission will not happen because of US political interests in the area grossly exaggerates the importance of the issue to the USSF.

Second... I challenge you to substantiate your charge that questioning the motives of Blazer et al is "enabling and indicates a lack of belly"?  I won't hold my breath because I know you cannot... plain and simple.  No one here (that I have seen) is ennabling Jack.  With the exception of one very deluded poster, no one here is lamenting Jack Warner's impending demise within FIFA.  So how then is preaching caution about Blazer's motives the same as "enabling"?  Where is the lack of belly?

Blazer ultimately may do good... it remains to be seen.  However, any benefit to Caribbean football will be incidental to American interests... of that I can most certainly assure you.  Moreover, given Warner's ties to TnT, it is a very safe assumption what we will be in CONCACAF's doghouse for as long as Blazer (as President) can reasonably keep us there.  Call my concerns selfish if you will, but at this point we have the most to lose therefore that's where I'll focus my concerns.

1]; } ?>