April 29, 2024, 06:23:41 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107446 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »
Must can't study me. Two of alyuh only focus on the most sensational part and ignore the more rational part of what I wrote. Slowly now, what I'm getting at is that things are not as they seem and therefore, it will behoove the government to actively monitor monies coming in and going out the country randomly. Especially in light of the crime situation in T&T, which can be tied in to the movement of money locally and internationally. But you can limit the scope of the discussion.

Which was the more rational part... that because he's ah Middle Easterner the transfer should trigger scrutiny?  I think the part about dynamite and cow shit make more sense actually.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 14, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »
Aye, aye....look Just Cool....come back just so, just so....how yuh been boss??
What's up princes. nothing nah gorn wid we football so ah lorse interest and went on hiatus from the madness.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:59:35 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 14, 2011, 08:32:15 PM »
Must can't study me. Two of alyuh only focus on the most sensational part and ignore the more rational part of what I wrote. Slowly now, what I'm getting at is that things are not as they seem and therefore, it will behoove the government to actively monitor monies coming in and going out the country randomly. Especially in light of the crime situation in T&T, which can be tied in to the movement of money locally and internationally. But you can limit the scope of the discussion.

Which was the more rational part... that because he's ah Middle Easterner the transfer should trigger scrutiny?  I think the part about dynamite and cow shit make more sense actually.

Yuh just being stupid now. If it eh text book yuh cyah deal with it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »

Yuh right... a FIFA VP wires money to a another FIFA VP who just so happens to be a Government MP... but because VP #1 is Arab police should look into to... help clean up de streets nah.

I really cyah deal wid dat type ah logic.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:49 PM »
and this pissing contest being going on so long nobody ent post about Blazer getting send to the Ethics committee.
War and Peace ent have nothing on this saga... :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »

Yuh right... a FIFA VP wires money to a another FIFA VP who just so happens to be a Government MP... but because VP #1 is Arab police should look into to... help clean up de streets nah.

I really cyah deal wid dat type ah logic.

No again you being coy, you said that the police just cannot look into how the money get into the country and even if they ask JW do not have to give them any detail. You said no crime was committed and the question is how can we ascertain that if no investigation took place. Whatever yes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 14, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »
No again you being coy, you said that the police just cannot look into how the money get into the country and even if they ask JW do not have to give them any detail. You said no crime was committed and the question is how can we ascertain that if no investigation took place. Whatever yes.

You need to be clear about what yuh talking about then... doh just throw 'terrorism' into the conversation about Jack Warner and not expect to be clowned.  Even it you're bringing terrorism into it, that is an entirely different conversation from money-laundering.  I also not sure if you're talking about the US or TnT... in the US there are specially crafted laws, specifically targeting terrorism in the wake of 9-11.  The government has used these laws the past 10 yrs to do all sorts of secret monitoring of private activity that more and more the Supreme Court is ruling is illegal. 

What they have done is to subpoena and get warrants for certain groups they suspect of being tied to terrorism.  In these instances a) they're doing so legally (warrants and subpoenas); and b) those warrants and subpoenas are sought after the investigation has already begun... not as the basis for starting an investigation.  In other words, they already have evidence making them think illegal activity is afoot and they want to look further.  A court will give you a warrant on the sufficiency of that preliminary evidence.  You can't put the cart before the horse and go prying without proof as FS is suggesting.  The situation is even worse when your'e talking money-laundering because that way lower on the totem pole than terrorism so you're not going to have as much leeway.

And all of this is in the US... Trinidad ent even have laws like these on the books... how they supposed to just up and look?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2011, 04:01:17 AM »
Any sightings of the Special Adviser
He has been awfully quite recently...... :devil:

And I LOVE IT SO...... ;D

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2011, 08:33:33 AM »
Dude was suspended by an international organization, pending the outcome of an investigation of bribery/attempted bribery in Trinidad and Tobago? Is that not a case to investigate locally? You dismissed FS dead man on the side of the street, let me give you one. Your neighbors (husband and wife) next door is arguing, then you hear something LIKE a gunshot and then all goes quiet. You call the police and tell them about your suspicions, what is the next move from the police?

More nonsense!  FIFA is a private organization.  No matter the size and public ability to get a glimpse inside it's still private, so suspension pending bribery investigation inside a private organization is not yet a government nor police matter.  Apart from all of that you seem to be predicating your assessment on US laws which do not apply to T&T.  Unless Bin Hammam is a terrorist suspect how does where he's from even factor into the discussion?  With that kind of irresponsible rationale I will have to believe that you are ok with the concept of black men being pulled over in the US without cause simply because more black people (as propogated by many in power and the media) drive around with drugs and illegal guns.  Your example just like FS is misguided and incomparable as well. 

Consider this, me you and 10 members of this site form an organization.  We draft bylaws and rules of ethics and conduct.  I want to be head and I invite the other 10 and exclude you because you are the current head.  If I give everyone $5K US in cash so that they can vote for me in the next election, what criminal laws of T&T have I broken.  When yuh could point to the correct laws then tell me about Gibbs investigating JW.  Untill then save that emotional "I hate JW" platform that yuh trying to use as rationale with yuh incomplete understanding of how law works.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2011, 10:30:26 AM »
Dude was suspended by an international organization, pending the outcome of an investigation of bribery/attempted bribery in Trinidad and Tobago? Is that not a case to investigate locally? You dismissed FS dead man on the side of the street, let me give you one. Your neighbors (husband and wife) next door is arguing, then you hear something LIKE a gunshot and then all goes quiet. You call the police and tell them about your suspicions, what is the next move from the police?

More nonsense!  FIFA is a private organization.  No matter the size and public ability to get a glimpse inside it's still private, so suspension pending bribery investigation inside a private organization is not yet a government nor police matter.  Apart from all of that you seem to be predicating your assessment on US laws which do not apply to T&T.  Unless Bin Hammam is a terrorist suspect how does where he's from even factor into the discussion?  With that kind of irresponsible rationale I will have to believe that you are ok with the concept of black men being pulled over in the US without cause simply because more black people (as propogated by many in power and the media) drive around with drugs and illegal guns.  Your example just like FS is misguided and incomparable as well. 

Consider this, me you and 10 members of this site form an organization.  We draft bylaws and rules of ethics and conduct.  I want to be head and I invite the other 10 and exclude you because you are the current head.  If I give everyone $5K US in cash so that they can vote for me in the next election, what criminal laws of T&T have I broken.  When yuh could point to the correct laws then tell me about Gibbs investigating JW.  Untill then save that emotional "I hate JW" platform that yuh trying to use as rationale with yuh incomplete understanding of how law works.

Well, I see your point now. A police hears from an informant that this guy called Flickin Killa has just paid out US$50k in cash (TT$300,000). Thats his business, right? No need to be a little bit suspicious, coz, after all, thats only 5-10 years salary for many Trinis. Its not like the police are here to detect suspicious behaviour or keep an eye out for criminal activity, all the police should be doing is collecting dead bodies. Guess those detectives and investigators are there just to keep numbers up!

Just so you know, that was sarcasm. You keep referring to my posts as misguided and incomparable. Well, welcome to planet earth pal. It is an offence for financial institutions not to adhere to AML legislation in USA & UK, not sure about T&T. Yes, Big Brother is watching you. Again, T&T may be different, but trust me, you start flashing round wads of cash in London and you will attract interest. Doesn't matter if you're black, white or anything in between (in fact, most financial crime is traditionally white middle class).
You're getting fixated on a Warner witch hunt, which, if you read back over the posts, does not exist. I am merely expressing my opinion that this incident should be investigated as there are INDICATIONS that laws MAY have been broken. Thats the reason you investigate...to discover if crime has been comitted. It sounds like you feel that unless you have a signed confession, police shouldn't even pull on their boots. 

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »
Well, I see your point now. A police hears from an informant that this guy called Flickin Killa has just paid out US$50k in cash (TT$300,000).

Thats his business, right? No need to be a little bit suspicious, coz, after all, thats only 5-10 years salary for many Trinis. Its not like the police are here to detect suspicious behaviour or keep an eye out for criminal activity, all the police should be doing is collecting dead bodies. Guess those detectives and investigators are there just to keep numbers up!

Just so you know, that was sarcasm. You keep referring to my posts as misguided and incomparable. Well, welcome to planet earth pal. It is an offence for financial institutions not to adhere to AML legislation in USA & UK, not sure about T&T. Yes, Big Brother is watching you. Again, T&T may be different, but trust me, you start flashing round wads of cash in London and you will attract interest. Doesn't matter if you're black, white or anything in between (in fact, most financial crime is traditionally white middle class).
You're getting fixated on a Warner witch hunt, which, if you read back over the posts, does not exist. I am merely expressing my opinion that this incident should be investigated as there are INDICATIONS that laws MAY have been broken. Thats the reason you investigate...to discover if crime has been comitted. It sounds like you feel that unless you have a signed confession, police shouldn't even pull on their boots. 

So Gibbs needs to go with his gut right or maybe yours and Elan's right?  What has Gibbs done wrong so far?  I am not fixated on no witch hunt so don't diminish my offerings to some emotional hunch fella.  I am arguing about DUE PROCESS and CAUSE for action.  All you have are suspicions that are not even founded on any solid facts.  You nor I have no clue about JWs finace or his holdings and dealings.

I know your above example was an attempt at sarcasm so humor me with this because I get the feeling that we not seeing why there maybe special issues relative to this whole thing that negates some of the suspicions you believe the Police Force should be acting on.

Since we using all these incomparable examples lets add some details and questions step by step:
1. Who is the man that did it? (me as an example ok cool.  Let's imagine I have 50 cent money and his arrogance as well)
2.  So given 1 that would mean I am making let's say like 200M TT per year (arbitrary figure), does that now change the level of suspicion that would otherwise be attributed if the average Joe was handling that amount of currency?
3. What if the person I gave it too is a contractor who is building my mansion in T&T.  I gave it to him in what was believed to be the privacy of his office.  Does that not affect the level of suspiscion compared to if I was seen giving it to a local gunta?
4. Now tell me what crime am I suspected of committing thus far?
5. On what grounds do the police have a right to investigate or monitor my activities? 
6. Is it because I have cash US money?  Is that a crime, if yes do tell where in the world exactly please.
7. What if it's declared income, then what? 
8. What if I being 50 and all always have about $200K US when I travel?
9. Please advise me up to this point all that has been against the law.

Waiting to hear how incomparable this now makes it as if anything else was comparable  :devil:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 15, 2011, 12:20:36 PM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 15, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »

What are these "INDICATIONS"... and what laws do you think "MAY" have been broken?  I've asked this over and over again in this thread and I'm still not sure I've gotten an answer.  You keep coming up with shifting justifications as to why Jack should be investigated... and I think this is why, to me at least, your desire to see an investigation seems more personal than cursory.  You claim that he 'may' have violated the Exchange Control Act's requirement to declare US cash in excess of $5,000... yet there isn't even an allegation that he brought cash into the country.... just conjecture... a guess that he 'may' have.

You next focused on the possibility that he "may" have violated anti-money laundering laws... based on nothing more than the fact that large sums were wired into an account (Jack Warner's?  CFU's?  TTFF's?... we don't know) and that Jack 'may' have withdrawn funds from that account.  Mind you, the man has several legitimate sources of large income... but he should be investigated, "if he's innocent then he should have nothing to hide", right?  Exploring this logic I even suggested you invite the police into your home for a "pre-cautionary" search whenever they feel like it.  I don't believe I got a direct response... the analogy possibly lost on you. 

You even brought up the notion that the US (and even ribbit decided to stick his nose in to state the obvious on this one) has AML laws requiring disclosure.  Maybe in the UK they go about poking their noses into people's affairs in a haphazard way, but at least in the US there are guidelines and procedures. 

According to the Bank Security Act banks, bank holding companies, and their subsidiaries are required by federal regulations to file a suspicious activity report with respect to:

• Criminal violations involving insider abuse in any amount.
  • Criminal violations aggregating $5,000 or more when a suspect can be identified.
  • Criminal violations aggregating $25,000 or more regardless of a potential suspect.
  • Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more, if the bank or affiliate knows, suspects, or has reason to suspect that the transaction:
  • May involve potential money laundering or other illegal activity (e.g., terrorism financing).
  • Is designed to evade the BSA or its implementing regulations.
  • Has no business or apparent lawful purpose or is not the type of transaction that the particular customer would normally be expected to engage in, and the bank knows of no reasonable explanation for the transaction after examining the available facts, including the background and possible purpose of the transaction.

Pay particular attention to the bolded.  I fail to see which of these applies to the alleged transaction at issue.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:46:08 PM by Bakes »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
....after reading the first 20 pages of this thread, ah feel ah should get a credit and bypass the first year of law school ... ::)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 15, 2011, 05:40:17 PM »

What are these "INDICATIONS"... and what laws do you think "MAY" have been broken?  I've asked this over and over again in this thread and I'm still not sure I've gotten an answer.  You keep coming up with shifting justifications as to why Jack should be investigated... and I think this is why, to me at least, your desire to see an investigation seems more personal than cursory.  You claim that he 'may' have violated the Exchange Control Act's requirement to declare US cash in excess of $5,000... yet there isn't even an allegation that he brought cash into the country.... just conjecture... a guess that he 'may' have.

You next focused on the possibility that he "may" have violated anti-money laundering laws... based on nothing more than the fact that large sums were wired into an account (Jack Warner's?  CFU's?  TTFF's?... we don't know) and that Jack 'may' have withdrawn funds from that account.  Mind you, the man has several legitimate sources of large income... but he should be investigated, "if he's innocent then he should have nothing to hide", right?  Exploring this logic I even suggested you invite the police into your home for a "pre-cautionary" search whenever they feel like it.  I don't believe I got a direct response... the analogy possibly lost on you. 

You even brought up the notion that the US (and even ribbit decided to stick his nose in to state the obvious on this one) has AML laws requiring disclosure.  Maybe in the UK they go about poking their noses into people's affairs in a haphazard way, but at least in the US there are guidelines and procedures. 

According to the Bank Security Act banks, bank holding companies, and their subsidiaries are required by federal regulations to file a suspicious activity report with respect to:

• Criminal violations involving insider abuse in any amount.
  • Criminal violations aggregating $5,000 or more when a suspect can be identified.
  • Criminal violations aggregating $25,000 or more regardless of a potential suspect.
  • Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more, if the bank or affiliate knows, suspects, or has reason to suspect that the transaction:
  • May involve potential money laundering or other illegal activity (e.g., terrorism financing).
  • Is designed to evade the BSA or its implementing regulations.
  • Has no business or apparent lawful purpose or is not the type of transaction that the particular customer would normally be expected to engage in, and the bank knows of no reasonable explanation for the transaction after examining the available facts, including the background and possible purpose of the transaction.

Pay particular attention to the bolded.  I fail to see which of these applies to the alleged transaction at issue.

Hooray, at last you understand what I've been saying!!  But first, you keep erronously stating that I find it suspicious that money was wired into the country. I don't, because aside from the imbalance between bin Hammams US$360,000 and Jacks stated costs of US$260,000, I know nothing about any wired amounts. In fact, I recall that it was you who suggested the "bribe" money may have been wired. I believe, and always have believed that bin Hammam may have carried US$1 million personally into the country. Contrary to your beliefs, police are supposed to prevent and detect crime. As said countless times before, if they think US$1 million may have been illegally brought into the country, they have a duty to investigate. Why is this so hard to understand? They wouldn't be accusing anyone of anything. They would be investigating a very high profile incident.

As for the BSA act, you just proved exactly the point I was making.

•Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more, if the bank or affiliate knows, suspects, or has reason to suspect that the transaction:
◦May involve potential money laundering or other illegal activity (e.g., terrorism financing).
Is designed to evade the BSA or its implementing regulations.
◦Has no business or apparent lawful purpose or is not the type of transaction that the particular customer would normally be expected to engage in, and the bank knows of no reasonable explanation for the transaction after examining the available facts, including the background and possible purpose of the transaction.

I don't care if bin Hammam and Jack Warner are viewed as the twin second coming, walking around with US$1 million is neither normal or without suspicion. Please give me an example where, lets say, Flickin Killas' contractor needs US$1 million in cash. Why? There are so many reasons why this shouldn't happen (risk of robbery, tax evasion, money laundering) but what would be a legitimate reason for a legitimate businessman, or even Warner, to carry that cash around?

And yes, I have come home to find a police notice saying my house has been entered and searched by the police looking for illegal drugs and firearms. It was a shock, to be sure, but after calling the detective who led the search, and who was very polite and courteous, I accepted his reasons. And look, here I am, no harm done, no scars, no shame (except my wife wondering if they discovered her vibrator)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:43:02 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »

Hooray, at last you understand what I've been saying!!  But first, you keep erronously stating that I find it suspicious that money was wired into the country. I don't, because aside from the imbalance between bin Hammams US$360,000 and Jacks stated costs of US$260,000, I know nothing about any wired amounts. In fact, I recall that it was you who suggested the "bribe" money may have been wired. I believe, and always have believed that bin Hammam may have carried US$1 million personally into the country.

You "recall" that... really?  From where your active imagination?  Because I certainly never suggested that Bin Hammam brought cash in. In fact at the very start of the debate (when I posted "Brilliant") I pointed to the fact that Bin Hammam likely was in the clear since he wired the money to Jack and Jack took care of the rest.

Contrary to your beliefs, police are supposed to prevent and detect crime. As said countless times before, if they think US$1 million may have been illegally brought into the country, they have a duty to investigate. Why is this so hard to understand? They wouldn't be accusing anyone of anything. They would be investigating a very high profile incident.

Again... where did you fish this nugget from, your hindquarters?  I have no problem with police "preventing and detecting" crime... I have a problem with them employing tactics that violate my individual rights, such as prying into my affairs without reason.  There is nothing from the facts that we know that suggests $1M IN CASH was brought into the country illegally.  Just because cash was (allegedly) distributed illegally in Trinidad doesn't mean that cash was brought in illegally, especially since the alleged source of the distribution is himself a multi-millionaire.

As for the BSA act, you just proved exactly the point I was making.

•Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more, if the bank or affiliate knows, suspects, or has reason to suspect that the transaction:
◦May involve potential money laundering or other illegal activity (e.g., terrorism financing).
Is designed to evade the BSA or its implementing regulations.
◦Has no business or apparent lawful purpose or is not the type of transaction that the particular customer would normally be expected to engage in, and the bank knows of no reasonable explanation for the transaction after examining the available facts, including the background and possible purpose of the transaction.

Actually no... I "unproved" your insinuations by cueing you into the bolded line  " in the bank suspects, or has reason to suspect that the transaction: May involve potential money laundering or other illegal activity".  What is the illegal activity that the bank would/should be suspicious of?  I've already pointed out to you that bribery (if the allegations are to be believed) is not a crime.  What should they be suspicious of... that Jack involved in "money laundering"??  Based on what?  You keep making the same charges over and over again without offering any facts in support.  That's called conclusory reasoning.

I don't care if bin Hammam and Jack Warner are viewed as the twin second coming, walking around with US$1 million is neither normal or without suspicion. Please give me an example where, lets say, Flickin Killas' contractor needs US$1 million in cash. Why? There are so many reasons why this shouldn't happen (risk of robbery, tax evasion, money laundering) but what would be a legitimate reason for a legitimate businessman, or even Warner, to carry that cash around?

"normal" and "suspicious" are two different things.  It may not be "normal" to have that much disposable cash on hand either... or to even receive money transfers to the tune of US $400,000.  As for that being suspicious... it need not just arouse suspicion to trigger an inquiry... but specifically, suspicion of criminal activity.  For all the bank knew, he was making a withdrawal to deposit elsewhere... another bank, put in his freezer, put in his mattress... put in a hole under his house... a safe.  And none of them illegal.  You don't have to accept that as "legitimate" reasons, but they go against your assumption that the large withdrawal should automatically give rise to an inference of criminal activity.

And yes, I have come home to find a police notice saying my house has been entered and searched by the police looking for illegal drugs and firearms. It was a shock, to be sure, but after calling the detective who led the search, and who was very polite and courteous, I accepted his reasons. And look, here I am, no harm done, no scars, no shame (except my wife wondering if they discovered her vibrator)

They entered and searched your house without a warrant?  And you were cool with that??  No wonder yuh wife need a vibrator  :devil:

jokes... jokes, I couldn't resist
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:52:53 PM by Bakes »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2011, 06:57:04 PM »
somebody get a measuring tape for these two nah....geezz!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »

If you and College and whoever else doh like de conversation:

1) Report it to the moderators
2) Stop reading the thread

... it really not that hard.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2011, 08:51:23 PM »

True.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 16, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
Bakes after this comment, I'm not going to bother to reply to your stupidness anymore. You just want to argue, well thats fine, but browbeating someone into submission doesn't make you right. You contradict yourself all over and then invent things to make your case.

Example:  "But first, you keep erronously stating that I find it suspicious that money was wired into the country. I don't, because aside from the imbalance between bin Hammams US$360,000 and Jacks stated costs of US$260,000, I know nothing about any wired amounts. In fact, I recall that it was you who suggested the "bribe" money may have been wired. I believe, and always have believed that bin Hammam may have carried US$1 million personally into the country.

You "recall" that... really?  From where your active imagination?  Because I certainly never suggested that Bin Hammam brought cash in. In fact at the very start of the debate (when I posted "Brilliant") I pointed to the fact that Bin Hammam likely was in the clear since he wired the money to Jack and Jack took care of the rest."

See? I never suggested that you suggested etc.

"They entered and searched your house without a warrant?  And you were cool with that??  No wonder yuh wife need a vibrator "

When did I say there was no search warrent?
"And yes, I have come home to find a police notice saying my house has been entered and searched"
 Of course there was a search warrent, thats how I knew they had been in my house. Contrary to pulp fiction, the police do not smash up houses when they search, they have to ensure no damage is done where possible.

And please, please explain (in a PM if you prefer) how me being cool with police exercising their legal rights somehow causes you to comment on my sexual prowess. If you believe women only use toys when they are sexually unsatisfied I suggest you step away from your Amish religeon and enter the 21st century.

Write what you want in reply, coz I'm done with this. (Huge sigh of relief from the forum!)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 16, 2011, 05:27:26 AM »
My bad fella... no wonder we haven't been seeing eye to eye, all this time I didn't realize yuh was blind too.  Next time I'll type in larger font.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 16, 2011, 08:50:19 AM »
 :rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 16, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »
FIFA Whistle-blower Blazer Under Investigation After Complaint Filed by the Jamaica Football Federation

on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 10:28am

Mr Blazer had prompted a probe into Mohamed bin Hammam and Jack Warner

The man who blew the whistle on alleged bribery within FIFA could find himself under investigation after a complaint from Caribbean football chiefs.

Chuck Blazer, the US' representative on football's world governing body, confirmed to Sky News he had received an inquiry from the organisation's Ethics Committee. It was prompted by a letter, obtained by Sky News, from members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and filed by the Jamaican Football Federation (JFF).

They allege that in a meeting in Zurich on May 30, Mr Blazer made statements containing what they called "contempt and slander" against officials from his federation.

The letter goes on to question whether Mr Blazer, who is also general secretary of Concacaf, the football federation which represents North America, Central America and the Caribbean, had violated Fifa's code of ethics.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 16, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »
good!!!!! throw all the bums out.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:14 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=reu-fifatrinidad

PORT OF SPAIN, June 16 (Reuters) - The police commissioner of Trinidad and Tobago has written to FIFA requesting information on possible criminal activity which may have taken place in the Caribbean country.

A statement from the police’s public affairs unit on Thursday said the letter from police chief Dwayne Gibbs to soccer’s global governing body was a first step to seeing if an investigation was required into the allegations of bribery in Caribbean soccer.

The allegations have led to the suspension of Caribbean soccer chief Jack Warner and two staff members of the Caribbean Football Union—all citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.

“Please be informed that the Commissioner of Police has dispatched a letter to the Federation International of Football Association (FIFA) requesting information they have that may assist the TTPS (Trinidad and Tobago Police Service) into commencing any investigation/s into any alleged criminal activity within our jurisdiction,” read the statement.

The statement did not explain what information Gibbs was seeking but his letter to FIFA comes after opposition leader Keith Rowley criticised the police to investigate whether money was brought into the country without being declared.

FIFA are currently investigating a meeting of the Caribbean Football Union which was held in Port of Spain on May 10-11 with Asian soccer chief Mohamed Bin Hammam.

After the meeting between the Qatari, who was at that time running against Sepp Blatter for FIFA president, some federations say they received cash gifts of $40,000 in brown envelopes.

Suriname and Puerto Rico have confirmed receiving the cash, the Bahamas has said it turned down the offer of money while others, including federations from Barbados and Jamaica, have denied receiving or being offered any such payments.

Warner, who is also Minister of Works and Transport in the Trinidad and Tobago government, and Bin Hammam have both denied any wrongdoing.

The opposition People’s National Movement has been calling for an investigation to determine whether there were possible breaches of laws which prohibit the importation of money to the country.

Large sums of cash can only be brought into Trinidad and Tobago with the permission of the Central Bank and on arrival any amount over $780 has to be declared on customs forms.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 16, 2011, 03:52:27 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=reu-fifatrinidad

PORT OF SPAIN, June 16 (Reuters) - The police commissioner of Trinidad and Tobago has written to FIFA requesting information on possible criminal activity which may have taken place in the Caribbean country.

A statement from the police’s public affairs unit on Thursday said the letter from police chief Dwayne Gibbs to soccer’s global governing body was a first step to seeing if an investigation was required into the allegations of bribery in Caribbean soccer.

The allegations have led to the suspension of Caribbean soccer chief Jack Warner and two staff members of the Caribbean Football Union—all citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.

“Please be informed that the Commissioner of Police has dispatched a letter to the Federation International of Football Association (FIFA) requesting information they have that may assist the TTPS (Trinidad and Tobago Police Service) into commencing any investigation/s into any alleged criminal activity within our jurisdiction,” read the statement.

The statement did not explain what information Gibbs was seeking but his letter to FIFA comes after opposition leader Keith Rowley criticised the police to investigate whether money was brought into the country without being declared.

FIFA are currently investigating a meeting of the Caribbean Football Union which was held in Port of Spain on May 10-11 with Asian soccer chief Mohamed Bin Hammam.

After the meeting between the Qatari, who was at that time running against Sepp Blatter for FIFA president, some federations say they received cash gifts of $40,000 in brown envelopes.

Suriname and Puerto Rico have confirmed receiving the cash, the Bahamas has said it turned down the offer of money while others, including federations from Barbados and Jamaica, have denied receiving or being offered any such payments.

Warner, who is also Minister of Works and Transport in the Trinidad and Tobago government, and Bin Hammam have both denied any wrongdoing.

The opposition People’s National Movement has been calling for an investigation to determine whether there were possible breaches of laws which prohibit the importation of money to the country.

Large sums of cash can only be brought into Trinidad and Tobago with the permission of the Central Bank and on arrival any amount over $780 has to be declared on customs forms.

ah taught fifa does handle dey own affairs and cyar deal with gov'ts?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 16, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »

easy fella ... it's really not that serious

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 17, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
ah taught fifa does handle dey own affairs and cyar deal with gov'ts?

It is a request that they can comply with or deny, they aren't obligated to do anything as it isn't a formal criminal investigation but simply an inquiry.  Further they have rules that they choose when they want to enforce with regard to officers and federations being intertwined with their respective governments, that has nothing to do with a matter of this nature.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #598 on: June 17, 2011, 12:18:43 PM »
Fifa Whistleblower Blazer Accused Of Slander
Richard Conway, Sky News producer

The man who blew the whistle on alleged bribery within Fifa could find himself under investigatation after a complaint from Caribbean football chiefs.

Chuck Blazer, the US' representative on football's world governing body, confirmed to Sky News he had received an inquiry from the organisation's Ethics Committee.

It was prompted by a letter, obtained by Sky News, from members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and filed by the Jamaican Football Federation (JFF).

They allege that in a meeting in Zurich on May 30, Mr Blazer made statements containing what they called "contempt and slander" against officials from his federation.

The letter goes on to question whether Mr Blazer, who is also general secretary of Concacaf, the football federation which represents North America, Central America and the Caribbean, had violated Fifa's code of ethics.

I will respond to the committee fully and I am confident of a positive resolution. Just because someone is asking a question doesn't mean there's an investigation.

Mr Blazer told Sky News: "I have received an inquiry from the secretary of the Ethics Committee to respond to a complaint filed by the Jamaica Football Federation.

"I will respond to the committee fully and I am confident of a positive resolution."

Mr Blazer's allegations of bribery against Fifa members Jack Warner and Mohamed bin Hammam in May led to both men being temporarily suspended from all football activity pending a full investigation.

Mr bin Hammam, who was a rival to Sepp Blatter for the Fifa presidency, pulled out of the race just hours before facing the Ethics Committee hearing that subsequently suspended him.

Both men deny the accusations against them.

Sky News understands the letter sent by the CFU to Fifa is supported by the majority of the union's 25 members.

It alleges Mr Blazer made statements that "served to impugn the integrity, discriminate against and infringe upon the personal right of officials of Fifa members associations in attendance" at the Concacaf meeting in Zurich.

It also claims Mr Blazer told members at the Zurich meeting that all CFU member associations were under investigation over allegations they had each been paid or offered $40,000 in bribes by Mr Warner and Mr bin Hammam.

The letter quotes Mr Blazer as telling members: "What you should realise is that half of those who are speaking are under investigation… in fact, all of you are under investigation."

It goes on to say: "The statement of Mr Blazer flouts the principle of a natural or legal person being innocent before being proven guilty."

The letter also says Mr Blazer "violated the personal rights" of Captain Horace Burrell, the president of the Jamaican Football Federation, whom Blazer had blocked from becoming active vice-president of Concacaf.

It alleges Mr Blazer said: "I am afraid that Captain Burrell will not be able to be nominated since he is under investigation as to his involvement into activities that took place at the special meeting of the CFU."

The "special meeting of the CFU" is a reference to the meeting of CFU members in Trinidad on May 10 and 11, when the bribery allegations concerning Mr Warner and Mr bin Hammam are said to have been made.

The letter goes on to allege that Mr Blazer "discriminated against Capt Burrell and certain members of the Concacaf through his contemptuous and denigratory words since all the persons who were singled out were of a specific race".

As well as asking whether the actions of Mr Blazer constitute a violation of the Fifa Code of Ethics, the CFU letter asks committee chairman Claudio Sulse if "a further investigation is necessary to determine what judgement if any should be handed down to Mr Blazer based on the facts presented".

Mr Blazer told Sky News that "just because someone is asking a question doesn't mean there's an investigation", adding he was "not concerned" about the complaint.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 17, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
Chuck, jack,Sepp.......same khaki pants. All ah them have to go!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>