April 27, 2024, 03:42:39 PM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107131 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #600 on: June 17, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
Not sure this helps the CFU case : "discriminated against Capt Burrell and certain members of the Concacaf through his contemptuous and denigratory words since all the persons who were singled out were of a specific race".

It may be true that all were of a specific race, but thats impossible to avoid. After all, if Blazer had commented about Conmebol or UEFA the same could be said. The fact that all concerned were of Caribbean origin is kinda obvious and I feel playing the race card here is just provocative.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 17, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »
Not sure this helps the CFU case : "discriminated against Capt Burrell and certain members of the Concacaf through his contemptuous and denigratory words since all the persons who were singled out were of a specific race".

It may be true that all were of a specific race, but thats impossible to avoid. After all, if Blazer had commented about Conmebol or UEFA the same could be said. The fact that all concerned were of Caribbean origin is kinda obvious and I feel playing the race card here is just provocative.

it depends on what exactly was said. What were his choice of words

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »
Chuck, jack,Sepp.......same khaki pants. All ah them have to go!!!!!!!

Dem went to rob a bank, Jack had all the money and didn't give them what they suppose to get after the Robery so Blazer blow the whistle on he.

Is like a Hollywood movie
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:19:59 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 18, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »
FIFA suspend Belize FA over government interference

FIFA – World football's governing body, FIFA, announced Friday that it had suspended the Football Federation …
– Fri Jun 17, 2:35 pm ET
PARIS (AFP) – World football's governing body, FIFA, announced Friday that it had suspended the Football Federation of Belize (FFB) with immediate effect because of "severe governmental interference".
The suspension means that the return leg of the qualifying tie for the 2014 World Cup, due to be played in Belize on June 19 between the home team and Montserrat, has been postponed.
The first game, played in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago) on June 15, was won 5-2 by Belize.
FIFA said the decision followed the Belize government's informing the FFB on June 8 that it was "not authorised to represent this country in any local or international competition or in any other forum for football on behalf of the Government, People and Nation of Belize".
The Belize government, FIFA continued, said the federation had "failed to meet the requirements for registration with the Council, as the National body for the administration of football in Belize".
FIFA gave the FFB until June 30 to settle the dispute but the Belize government wrote to FIFA on June 16 saying the Belize police would "not be providing any services to the Federation with respect to the security of the visiting team and officials at the match" to be played on June 19.
"Under these circumstances, and due to the interference of the government of Belize, FIFA cannot take the responsibility of letting the match take place," FIFA said.
"The match has therefore been postponed to a new date to be confirmed, but no later than July 10, 2011, provided that the situation is back to normal regarding the FFB and the suspension has been lifted by that date.
"In the event that the match cannot take place by that date, the national "A" team of Belize will be excluded from the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil preliminary competition.
"The suspension will be in place until the Belize government reverses its decision. Any action taken by the government against the office-bearers of the FFB will not be recognised by FIFA."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110617/sp_soccer_afp/fblwc2014concacaffifablz
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2011, 08:25:51 AM »
Wow Jack resigns to stop Ethics proceedings  ???
came across this article

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/FIFA-vice-president-Jack-Warner-resigns-article750037.html

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/media/newsid=1455834/index.html

As a consequence of Mr Warner’s self-determined resignation, all Ethics Committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2011, 08:31:56 AM »
came across this article

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/FIFA-vice-president-Jack-Warner-resigns-article750037.html

As a consequence of Mr Warner’s self-determined resignation, all Ethics Committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained.
20/06/2011

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 20, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
came across this article

didnt see that comming.......FIFA is real jokes oui, once yuh quit de wukk dey does pretend yuh nver do nuttn wrong

Ah well, Jack could focus he skills on plunderin de T&T treasury
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 20, 2011, 08:38:12 AM »
he must have gotten a heads up on where it was headed probably...took front before front take him...doh worry jack u still have that highway to build

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 20, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
came across this article

didnt see that comming.......FIFA is real jokes oui, once yuh quit de wukk dey does pretend yuh nver do nuttn wrong

Ah well, Jack could focus he skills on plunderin de T&T treasury

Most businesses and even city governments do similar.  Often if evidence is overwhelming they will offer the person an opportunity to resign and end the matter.  This saves the organization from having to air it's dirty laundry and get's rid of the "problem" in 1 action.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 20, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »
So Jack falls on his sword, and Gibbs can now say that FIFA will not release any information, so does that mean he will no longer investigate? I know we've had this marathon argument about evidence etc etc, but doesn't this look bad still? After all, you don't USUALLY resign if you're innocent.

Jack may spin the whole story and say he didn't want to continue the hearing as it was putting FIFA on the front pages for the wrong reasons, but that investigation would have found him innocent of all charges.

But we, and Gibbs, know the reality that it must have been bad for Jack to resign.

So can/will Gibbs continue the investigation? After all, as far as I was concerned, it wasn't about Jack, it was to discover whether US$1 million had been brought into the country illegally and did foreign nationals fail to declare US$40,000 when they left the country, and finally, who was the owner of the mystery phone number that could be used if there was any trouble with customs taking the money out of Trinidad.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »
If jack was found guilty he may have been forced to resign from cabinet as well..

Now he stays and everything just remains unproven allegations
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 20, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »
So Jack falls on his sword, and Gibbs can now say that FIFA will not release any information, so does that mean he will no longer investigate? I know we've had this marathon argument about evidence etc etc, but doesn't this look bad still? After all, you don't USUALLY resign if you're innocent.

Jack may spin the whole story and say he didn't want to continue the hearing as it was putting FIFA on the front pages for the wrong reasons, but that investigation would have found him innocent of all charges.

But we, and Gibbs, know the reality that it must have been bad for Jack to resign.

So can/will Gibbs continue the investigation? After all, as far as I was concerned, it wasn't about Jack, it was to discover whether US$1 million had been brought into the country illegally and did foreign nationals fail to declare US$40,000 when they left the country, and finally, who was the owner of the mystery phone number that could be used if there was any trouble with customs taking the money out of Trinidad.

Looking bad is evidence of something?  If so do tell what.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 20, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »
If jack was found guilty he may have been forced to resign from cabinet as well..

EXACTLY!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 20, 2011, 10:57:08 AM »

Looking bad is evidence of something?  If so do tell what.

There you go again, trying to pick an argument! Of course it must have looked bad. Never in my knowledge has someone resigned from such roles if they are told they would be fully exonerated. So in your opinion, if Jack was your client, you would say if there is no evidence of wrongdoing, resign from world football?

I never said a word about evidence, I said it must look bad. Its an opinion. Get a life.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 20, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »

EXACTLY!!

It was never going to be in FIFA's best interests to have an investigation.  By disclosing the emails from the other FIFA guy, Jack showed he was willing to play hardball.

The scenario was probably something along these lines:

FIFA to Jack - You goin down

Jack - And allyuh comin wit me

FIFA - Hoss....We have you red handed.  We have you so red handed that not only will you be expelled from FIFA in shame, but you'll face criminal investigation and prosecution from International agencies, and your position in the T&T government will be untenable.  Yes, you'll take some of us with you....but not anywhere near as many as you think.  And we'll close ranks and rally as you well know we can do.

Jack - Allyuh go do dat to me?  After all I do fuh allyuh and football?

FIFA - Get off your pity pot and spare me your crocodile tears.  You're done.  However, we don't want a scandal any more than you do even though we can weather it whereas you can't. n But we'll make you a deal.  Resign from FIFA.  That way you get to continue raping your country and we're rid of you.  You can even claim nothing was proved.

Jack - Resign from FIFA?  But ah could keep CFU?

FIFA - ALL International football.  Any football that comes under our jurisdiction....which is pretty much every form of recognised football, you're out Jack.  No football.  None.  You cannot even participate in "passa passa" football.  You're done.  Toast.  Kaput!

Jack - Allyuh real fork up oui.

FIFA - Look on the bright side.  You still get to be a government minister.  If you're wise, you would heed one of your local sayings..."eat yuh biscuit and hush yuh mout".  You're done here Jack. 

Oh by the way.....you need to find your own way to the airport.  And here's the expenses for your hotel stay and flight.  We only take payment in Euros.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #615 on: June 20, 2011, 11:18:10 AM »
By   letter dated June 17, 2011, and effective on that date - as confirmed by the   world football governing body - I resigned the positions I had long held as   FIFA Vice President, President of CONCACAF and President of the Caribbean   Football Union.

This   decision is by my own volition and self-determination; albeit it comes during   the sequel to the contentious Mohammed bin Hammam meeting in Port of Spain in   May with CFU Delegates.

I   am convinced, and I am advised by Counsel, that since my actions did not   extend beyond facilitating the meeting that gave Mr. bin Hammam an opportunity   to pursue his aborted bid for the FIFA presidency, I would be fully exonerated   by any objective arbiter.

I   have, nonetheless, arrived at the decision to withdraw from FIFA affairs in   order to spare FIFA, CONCACAF and, in   particular, CFU and its   membership, from further acrimony and divisiveness arising from this   and related issues.

I   am gratified that FIFA has acknowledged my service to international and   regional football over several decades.

It   is also a special source of satisfaction to me that during my tenure,   capacities and facilities in the Caribbean were upgraded to levels that   enabled the region to host several FIFA World Cup Finals.

I   sincerely hope that the Caribbean Football Union will continue to fight above   its weight in FIFA and CONCACAF affairs.

With   my withdrawal from service in international football, I shall, henceforth, be   concentrating exclusively on my lifelong commitment to the service of the   people of Trinidad and Tobago, currently as Chairman of the major party in our   governing coalition and as a Cabinet Minister in the Government of our   Republic.

I   shall continue to encourage the youth of the Caribbean and the world to deepen   their involvement in football, which has lifted so many young people out of   hopelessness and risk to personal achievement, while bringing glory to their   respective countries.

Respectfully   submitted

Jack   Warner
June 20,   2011

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 20, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »

EXACTLY!!

It was never going to be in FIFA's best interests to have an investigation.  By disclosing the emails from the other FIFA guy, Jack showed he was willing to play hardball.

The scenario was probably something along these lines:

FIFA to Jack - You goin down

Jack - And allyuh comin wit me

FIFA - Hoss....We have you red handed.  We have you so red handed that not only will you be expelled from FIFA in shame, but you'll face criminal investigation and prosecution from International agencies, and your position in the T&T government will be untenable.  Yes, you'll take some of us with you....but not anywhere near as many as you think.  And we'll close ranks and rally as you well know we can do.

Jack - Allyuh go do dat to me?  After all I do fuh allyuh and football?

FIFA - Get off your pity pot and spare me your crocodile tears.  You're done.  However, we don't want a scandal any more than you do even though we can weather it whereas you can't. n But we'll make you a deal.  Resign from FIFA.  That way you get to continue raping your country and we're rid of you.  You can even claim nothing was proved.

Jack - Resign from FIFA?  But ah could keep CFU?

FIFA - ALL International football.  Any football that comes under our jurisdiction....which is pretty much every form of recognised football, you're out Jack.  No football.  None.  You cannot even participate in "passa passa" football.  You're done.  Toast.  Kaput!

Jack - Allyuh real fork up oui.

FIFA - Look on the bright side.  You still get to be a government minister.  If you're wise, you would heed one of your local sayings..."eat yuh biscuit and hush yuh mout".  You're done here Jack. 

Oh by the way.....you need to find your own way to the airport.  And here's the expenses for your hotel stay and flight.  We only take payment in Euros.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 20, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
Socapro, yuh ever heard the saying, it's better for your own flees tuh bite yuh? trust me when i say jack warner was very good for CNCF and caribbean football, and if i was you i would pray that burrell or the bajan fella take over CNCF instead of that stanta claus looking dude, BC @ the end of the day, those ppl never want tuh see ah caribbean in charge of their affairs.

i feel this was ah big set up by the british and americans as revenge over the WC bid, and another thing, don't be surprised if qatar's bid is investigated and recalled then given to either england or USA.

santa claus set up jack tuh get he wuk, yuh want tuh bet he gets the nod to lead CNCF? 

now we could forget about that 4th WC spot.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 20, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »

There you go again, trying to pick an argument! Of course it must have looked bad. Never in my knowledge has someone resigned from such roles if they are told they would be fully exonerated. So in your opinion, if Jack was your client, you would say if there is no evidence of wrongdoing, resign from world football?

I never said a word about evidence, I said it must look bad. Its an opinion. Get a life.

What would Gibbs use as legal justification for investigating Jack Warner if he gets nothing from FIFA regarding the matter?  Don't start taking it personal with your get a life nonsense.  You've been advocating an investigation under a miriad of unjustifyable legal positions, I just wish for once you'd make sense of it from a legal standpoint and not an emotional one.  Jack's resignation is not proof within itself that there was CRMINAL wrongdoing.  So again upon what platform would Gibbs have the right to investigate JW any further?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 20, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »

What would Gibbs use as legal justification for investigating Jack Warner if he gets nothing from FIFA regarding the matter?  Don't start taking it personal with your get a life nonsense.  You've been advocating an investigation under a miriad of unjustifyable legal positions, I just wish for once you'd make sense of it from a legal standpoint and not an emotional one.  Jack's resignation is not proof within itself that there was CRMINAL wrongdoing.  So again upon what platform would Gibbs have the right to investigate JW any further?

Gibbs can continue his investigations but he will get no help or evidence back from FIFA!
However he is still obliged to find out and report to T&T citizens if cash was brought into and taken out from T&T illegally and who was responsible and if they should face charges for breaking T&T laws!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:35:25 PM by Socapro »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 20, 2011, 03:18:17 PM »
Gibbs can continue his investigations but he will get no help or evidence back from FIFA!
However he is still obliged to find out and report to T&T citizens if cash was brought into and taken out from T&T illegally and who was responsible and if they should face charges for breaking T&T laws!

Based on what law, code or statute?  You doin the same nonsense fella.  Allyuh feel execution of legal process is based on whim and hunch oui.  Is there a valid legal position from which Gibbs has cause to investigate without actual evidence of wrongdoing?  Why do you believe Gibbs wrote to FIFA to request documents instead of launching a full scale investigation?  Allyuh add stuff to the legal code that wasn't there when this started so that Gibbs is unaware or something?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »

Based on what law, code or statute?  You doin the same nonsense fella.  Allyuh feel execution of legal process is based on whim and hunch oui.  Is there a valid legal position from which Gibbs has cause to investigate without actual evidence of wrongdoing?  Why do you believe Gibbs wrote to FIFA to request documents instead of launching a full scale investigation?  Allyuh add stuff to the legal code that wasn't there when this started so that Gibbs is unaware or something?

What I don't understand, not being a legal fella, is this: there have been reports in the global media that the illegal transfer of funds across borders MAY have taken place. There have been several witness statements published together with an alleged photograph. What constitutes enough suspicion to make the police investigate whether a crime has been committed?
I mean, if you had a business and you read in the papers that people witnessed other people stealing from you and there was even a photo, surely you would check this out and inform the police?

I mean, in the same scenario, if you went to the police and said here are 4 statements saying some guy stole money, you would expect the police to interview the witnesses, gather the evidence they produce and then decide whether to proceed. So why can't Gibbs do this and then report back on whether he believes a crime was committed? At no point at this stage has anybody been accused.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 20, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »

Based on what law?! Don’t we have laws in T&T governing the declaration of certain amounts of cash being brought into and taken out of the country so that the right amount of taxes are paid or am I deluded in thinking so?!

If the laws of T&T are to be respected regards declaring cash coming into &out of the country then as the Police Commissioner enforcing T&T’s laws Gibbs is obliged to investigate if the laws of T&T were broken and who broke the law if that is the case! What is so difficult to understand there!

As I understand it certain individuals have admitted to receiving large amounts of cash in brown envelopes and leaving the country with the cash and being told if you get any trouble at the airport then call a certain number and your problem will be resolved. That in itself is worth investigating if you want ordinary folks to respect the laws of our country, don’t you think?!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:57:08 PM by Socapro »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 20, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »
What I don't understand, not being a legal fella, is this: there have been reports in the global media that the illegal transfer of funds across borders MAY have taken place. There have been several witness statements published together with an alleged photograph. What constitutes enough suspicion to make the police investigate whether a crime has been committed?
I mean, if you had a business and you read in the papers that people witnessed other people stealing from you and there was even a photo, surely you would check this out and inform the police?

I mean, in the same scenario, if you went to the police and said here are 4 statements saying some guy stole money, you would expect the police to interview the witnesses, gather the evidence they produce and then decide whether to proceed. So why can't Gibbs do this and then report back on whether he believes a crime was committed? At no point at this stage has anybody been accused.

Hoss media job is to speculate so all the reports of what May have occured is them doing there job.  There speculation however is not cause enough to launch a criminal investigation.  If a source in the bank, customs or from somewhere else with (even) anonymous details of what occured then that would be enough to initiate.  But to start an investigation based on media speculation would be irresponsible and grounds for removal.  And please stop with all these examples and questions because quite frankly they are absurd.  You using an example of someone directly telling me a CRME occured as opposed to inuendo by the media.  All you doing is attempting to avoid saying three words in response to my questions.  I DON'T KNOW!  Try it it's not so hard.  Does the picture of the money have anything that ties Jack to it?  Is there a photo with Jack handing over the envelope?  Is there secret photos of someone passing a briefcase after arriving at piarco?  What eveidence is there really?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:09:35 PM by Flickin Killa a/k/a Mad Scorpion »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2011, 04:17:44 PM »
Based on what law?! Don’t we have laws in T&T governing the declaration of certain amounts of cash being brought into and taken out of the country so that the right amount of taxes are paid or am I deluded in thinking so?!

Is there evidence to support any assertion that these laws were broken?  Any at all?  If not then how does that factor in at this moment other than based on your suppositions and emotional agenda?

If the laws of T&T are to be respected regards declaring cash coming into &out of the country then as the Police Commissioner enforcing T&T’s laws Gibbs is obliged to investigate if the laws of T&T were broken and who broke the law if that is the case! What is so difficult to understand there!

There has to be evidence of wrong doing?  If I have a stash of cash in TnT and I give it to a family member to build a house for me am I automatically supposed to be investigated because the figure is exorbidant?  There is no law against having cash no matter what the amount and I think this is where you and Supporter seem to be getting confused.

As I understand it certain individuals have admitted to receiving large amounts of cash in brown envelopes and leaving the country with the cash and being told if you get any trouble at the airport then call a certain number and your problem will be resolved. That in itself is worth investigating if you want ordinary folks to respect the laws of our country, don’t you think?!

If they leave with it is that Jack doing wrong and breaking the laws or them?  Think about it carefully and get back to me.  There actually is something obvious that can be potentially used but because you and the next one so emotional and uninformed somebody could write it on ah sledge hammer and beat you with it and you still wont get it.  Gibbs is an officer of the law, he cannot without evidence of criminal wrongdoing launch an investigation.  Add that anything to do with what you guys are suggesting is outside of his immediate jurisdiction and must be initiated by customs and excise.  So until that point what is he investigating again?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »

Hoss media job is to speculate so all the reports of what May have occured is them doing there job.  There speculation however is not cause enough to launch a criminal investigation.  If a source in the bank, customs or from somewhere else with (even) anonymous details of what occured then that would be enough to initiate.  But to start an investigation based on media speculation would be irresponsible and grounds for removal.

Certain members of the CFU have admitted to being given cash in brown envelopes as gifts while in T&T and leaving the country with the cash. When they expressed concern that they may be questioned about said cash at the airport they were told don’t worry all you need do is call a certain number and you’ll be okay. Yes the media reported this story but it was not speculative story invented by the media and as a result Gibbs as the head enforcer of T&T laws is obliged to investigate if the laws of T&T were broke! If he doesn’t then no one is obliged to respect our laws simply based on the high position they hold!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 20, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »

Hoss media job is to speculate so all the reports of what May have occured is them doing there job.  There speculation however is not cause enough to launch a criminal investigation.  If a source in the bank, customs or from somewhere else with (even) anonymous details of what occured then that would be enough to initiate.  But to start an investigation based on media speculation would be irresponsible and grounds for removal.

Certain members of the CFU have admitted to being given cash in brown envelopes as gifts while in T&T and leaving the country with the cash. When they expressed concern that they may be questioned about said cash at the airport they were told don’t worry all you need do is call a certain number and you’ll be okay. Yes the media reported this story but it was not speculative story invented by the media and as a result Gibbs as the head enforcer of T&T laws is obliged to investigate if the laws of T&T were broke! If he doesn’t then no one is obliged to respect our laws simply based on the high position they hold!

But that wouldn't have been Jack breaking the law.  That would have been whoever attempting to leave with the cash and whomever in customs helping that are breaking the law.  Having knowledge of someone who can make things happen is not a crime, is it?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2011, 04:25:45 PM »

Is there evidence to support any assertion that these laws were broken?  Any at all?  If not then how does that factor in at this moment other than based on your suppositions and emotional agenda?

There has to be evidence of wrong doing?  If I have a stash of cash in TnT and I give it to a family member to build a house for me am I automatically supposed to be investigated because the figure is exorbidant?  There is no law against having cash no matter what the amount and I think this is where you and Supporter seem to be getting confused.

Hoss where did you see me accuse Jack of breaking the law in this argument?
My argument is simply that Gibbs is obliged to investigate because the laws of T&T may have been broken!
If his investigation proves Jack or anyone else guilty of a crime then so be it but the laws of T&T should be respected by all!!
by all!!
If they leave with it is that Jack doing wrong and breaking the laws or them?  Think about it carefully and get back to me.  There actually is something obvious that can be potentially used but because you and the next one so emotional and uninformed somebody could write it on ah sledge hammer and beat you with it and you still wont get it.  Gibbs is an officer of the law, he cannot without evidence of criminal wrongdoing launch an investigation.  Add that anything to do with what you guys are suggesting is outside of his immediate jurisdiction and must be initiated by customs and excise.  So until that point what is he investigating again?

My argument is simply hat Gibbs is obliged to investigate because the laws of T&T may have been broken! If his investigation proves Jack or anyone else guilty of a crime then so be t but the laws f T&T should be respected!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:32:29 PM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2011, 04:46:11 PM »

I swear I wasn't going to comment on this any further... but allyuh getting real ridiculous now.  This is the first time I hearing anything of this sort... do you have a link to this?  Not that it really matters, no one has any basis for accusing Jack of bringing cash into or out of the country illegally.  None.  Football Supporter say how there are reports in the international media that "the illegal transfer of funds across borders MAY have taken place."  This is so silly and speculative.... WHO is thought to have illegally transferred funds?  Because if it's members of the CFU accused of taking the sums out... how do you investigate that?  Ask Customs in Piarco?  They'll tell you they don't know whether it happened or not. 

Did anyone see Burrell or Austin for instance (or their delegates) sneak the cash out?  Minus an eyewitness account you have nothing.  You can't even go ask their banks anything because TnT police cannot force foreign banks to disclose information about foreign citizens.  So what's left... get the police/governments in the foreign jurisdictions to launch an investigation for you?  Satan will sooner sprout wings and play harps in Heaven before anybody put that atop their list of priorities.

Now to Jack... if he is the one who allegedly "transferred sums illegally"... on what basis?  Because he allegedly distributed large sums of cash in TnT?  There just doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to this incessant drumbeat for an investigation.  Sure, it would be nice... but where do you start?  On what basis?  Jack isn't suspected or any criminal activity... let alone money laundering, so there's no basis for using AML regulations to get into his finances... and even then, all it will tell you (if anything) is that he withdrew large sums of cash from his accounts.  If it doesn't tell you that, then you can speculate and say "aha... then he MUST have brought in the cash."  Okay... but where's the proof that HE did?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 20, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »
My argument is simply hat Gibbs is obliged to investigate because the laws of T&T may have been broken! If his investigation proves Jack or anyone else guilty of a crime then so be t but the laws f T&T should be respected!!

Investigate who?  Broken by whom?  See my post above.  There simply is no evidence that laws were broken.  All we have is evidence suggesting that cash was dispensed in TnT... that's really all we have here.  Other than that is a setta speculation about how the cash came in and how it left.

1]; } ?>