April 29, 2024, 03:00:03 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107302 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #630 on: June 20, 2011, 05:01:32 PM »
Certain members of the CFU have admitted to being given cash in brown envelopes as gifts while in T&T and leaving the country with the cash. When they expressed concern that they may be questioned about said cash at the airport they were told don’t worry all you need do is call a certain number and you’ll be okay. Yes the media reported this story but it was not speculative story invented by the media and as a result Gibbs as the head enforcer of T&T laws is obliged to investigate if the laws of T&T were broke! If he doesn’t then no one is obliged to respect our laws simply based on the high position they hold!

I swear I wasn't going to comment on this any further... but allyuh getting real ridiculous now.  This is the first time I hearing anything of this sort... do you have a link to this?  Not that it really matters, no one has any basis for accusing Jack of bringing cash into or out of the country illegally.  None.  Football Supporter say how there are reports in the international media that "the illegal transfer of funds across borders MAY have taken place."  This is so silly and speculative.... WHO is thought to have illegally transferred funds?  Because if it's members of the CFU accused of taking the sums out... how do you investigate that?  Ask Customs in Piarco?  They'll tell you they don't know whether it happened or not. 

Did anyone see Burrell or Austin for instance (or their delegates) sneak the cash out?  Minus an eyewitness account you have nothing.  You can't even go ask their banks anything because TnT police cannot force foreign banks to disclose information about foreign citizens.  So what's left... get the police/governments in the foreign jurisdictions to launch an investigation for you?  Satan will sooner sprout wings and play harps in Heaven before anybody put that atop their list of priorities.

Now to Jack... if he is the one who allegedly "transferred sums illegally"... on what basis?  Because he allegedly distributed large sums of cash in TnT?  There just doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to this incessant drumbeat for an investigation.  Sure, it would be nice... but where do you start?  On what basis?  Jack isn't suspected or any criminal activity... let alone money laundering, so there's no basis for using AML regulations to get into his finances... and even then, all it will tell you (if anything) is that he withdrew large sums of cash from his accounts.  If it doesn't tell you that, then you can speculate and say "aha... then he MUST have brought in the cash."  Okay... but where's the proof that HE did?

Hey Bakes, I feel you mixing me up with FBS! I was never part of the illegal transfer of funds argument, that was between you and him!
My argument at this point is that despite FIFA closing the enquiry on Jack, Gibbs is still obliged to investigate regards large amounts of cash being taken out of the country by some of the CFU delegates who have admitted to accepting and taking the cash out of T&T!
Did they pay any due taxes on that money and if not why not?
In other words were the laws of T&T broken and if so who are the guilty parties.
Note here that I have not accused Jack of any wrong doing!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 20, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
Hoss where did you see me accuse Jack of breaking the law in this argument?
My argument is simply hat Gibbs is obliged to investigate because the laws of T&T may have been broken! If his investigation proves Jack or anyone else guilty of a crime then so be t but the laws f T&T should be respected!!

Investigate who?  Broken by whom?  See my post above.  There simply is no evidence that laws were broken.  All we have is evidence suggesting that cash was dispensed in TnT... that's really all we have here.  Other than that is a setta speculation about how the cash came in and how it left.

Some of the CFU delegates have admitted to how the cash left!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:06:31 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
Bakes/Killa  I didn't intendb to spark this up again, I was merely asking if there was sufficient reasons for Gibbs to still investigate.

The reference to providing a contact number was made by a CFU member. Its on this topic somewhere and was commented on by forumites.

And finally, please, please don't keep going on about Jack. I clearly stated that this is not about investigating Jack, its about investigating if a crime was committed by somebody. Until initial investigations take place, a) police will not be able to decide if a crime took place, b) they will not be able to determine if it is possible to bring charges and c) who to charge.

Clearly you two guys believe that either no crime was committed, or if it was, it is not provable. Thats fair enough. But I can't help believing that the 4 sworn affidavits from CFU members constitute a reason to determine if a crime was committed. I can't see why that should be a problem either.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 20, 2011, 05:14:35 PM »
Some of the CFU delegates have admitted to how the cash left!

I am not mixing you up with FS... I addressed your allegation that " When (some of the CFU delegates) expressed concern that they may be questioned about said cash at the airport they were told don’t worry all you need do is call a certain number and you’ll be okay".  This is the first I'm hearing that someone with apparent pull at Customs assisted in circumventing the law.  I then addressed the point about the alleged illegal transfer of money.

As to the CFU delegates admitting they took cash out the country... then what is there to investigate?  If they took it out without declaring it (you don't pay taxes on the money from what I know) then what do you investigate?  There are only two parties you can approach... the delegates and Customs.  Customs will tell you that they don't know anything about it, which likely they won't.  If you approach the delegates they'll laugh in your face.  Imagine you in England chilling and some police somebody from Grenada call you asking yuh questions... even if innocent, you really taking the time to cooperate with that?  Let alone if yuh guilty?  What makes a Bajan or Antiguan answerable to Gibbs?  I pointed you to this discussion in my earlier post.  The admission, if so... means nothing to an investigation.

Add to the fact that none of this is a priority for Gibbs... and quite frankly, rightly so.  Not saying nothing like this should ever be investigated... but given the likely yield, this isn't worth the manpower or effort particularly considering all the other pressing concerns the police have in TnT.

---------------------------------

Football Supporter... you're ascribing a higher value to these 'affidavits' than really exist.  An affidavit is no more than a statement given to a notary public.  You show your ID, pay some nominal fee and sign a document before some low level functionary with a stamp.  It's not the same as standing up in court with your hand of the bible making yourself available for cross-examination. 

Besides... all the affidavit would say is that Jack Warner offered them a bribe in the amount of $40,000 US.  Where's the crime again?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:19:41 PM by Bakes »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 20, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »
So leh we hear what Mohammed will do now. Your move Mohammed.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 20, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »
So leh we hear what Mohammed will do now. Your move Mohammed.

Most likely he will also resign for the good of his federation but claim innocence as well and FIFA will close all investigations on him too!

We will not be free from Jack's control of our football until Camps goes!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:01:31 PM by Socapro »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 20, 2011, 08:52:23 PM »
Operation Scampito! Take the TTFF to the Financial cleaners people. Now is de time. Crossroads moment in the history of T&T football. Not that a heavenly sequel immediately awaits but transition is now imaginable to those who could not see.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:30 PM »
Operation Scampito! Take the TTFF to the Financial cleaners people. Now is de time. Crossroads moment in the history of T&T football. Not that a heavenly sequel immediately awaits but transition is now imaginable to those who could not see.

:thumbsup:

Hey Bakes, check the news archive video below from yesterday's TV6 News and pay attention to what Rowley is saying about Gibbs continuing his investigations from 4:49 onwards! He's basically saying what I have been saying!  8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EOkIzsWwL4o&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EOkIzsWwL4o&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 21, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »
Hey Bakes, check the news archive video below from yesterday's TV6 News and pay attention to what Rowley is saying about Gibbs continuing his investigations from 4:49 onwards! He's basically saying what I have been saying!  8)

Rowley didn't say anything... literally nor substantively.  He's just milking this for political mileage... everytime Jack or Kamla fart he calling for investigation, he's no different from either of them.  Everything I said earlier remains unchanged... when either of you can pinpoint where the investigation can start and how to do so then let me know.  Notice he did everything but beg FIFA to cooperate.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 21, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »

Rowley didn't say anything... literally nor substantively.  He's just milking this for political mileage... everytime Jack or Kamla fart he calling for investigation, he's no different from either of them.  Everything I said earlier remains unchanged... when either of you can pinpoint where the investigation can start and how to do so then let me know.  Notice he did everything but beg FIFA to cooperate.

The point I'm making Bakes is there are grounds for Gibbs to continue his investigations whether you might think Gibbs will be wasting his time or not, the grounds do exist!  8)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 21, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »
The point I'm making Bakes is there are grounds for Gibbs to continue his investigations whether you might think Gibbs will be wasting his time or not, the grounds do exist!  8)

It's not about whether I think there is grounds or not, clearly Gibbs doesn't think there's a reason for him to waste his time either.  Rowley calling for investigations... into whom?  I feel like I'm talking Greek here... or maybe to a concrete wall.  Who do you and Rowley want Gibbs to investigate... the CFU officials?  I never disputed that there might be grounds to investigate them, but clearly the insinuation is that Jack Warner should be investigated.  Other than irrational calls to investigate him, no one has offered a valid reason as to why. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:29:12 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:04 PM »

Investigations into whom?  I feel like I'm talking Greek here... or maybe to a concrete wall.  Who do you and Rowley want Gibbs to investigate... the CFU officials?  I never disputed that there might be grounds to investigate them, but clearly the insinuation is that Jack Warner should be investigated.  Other than irrational calls to investigate him, no one has offered a valid reason as to why.

I have never argued for Gibbs to investigate Jack, that’s your argument! Lets agree to disagree because I am not convinced by your argument about no grounds for an investigation!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 21, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
I have never argued for Gibbs to investigate Jack, that’s your argument! Lets agree to disagree because I am not convinced by your argument about no grounds for an investigation!

You don't have to agree with it... there are people out there still insisting that the Earth is flat.  You have yet to indicate who you want "investigated"... there are three possibilities: Jack Warner, Bin Hammam and the CFU delegates.  If you're so convinced in your own position as to why an investigation should take place and as to whom, then I imagine that you should be able to articulate that position.  If you can't... or rather not, then fine.. we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 21, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »

You don't have to agree with it... there are people out there still insisting that the Earth is flat.  You have yet to indicate who you want "investigated"... there are three possibilities: Jack Warner, Bin Hammam and the CFU delegates.  If you're so convinced in your own position as to why an investigation should take place and as to whom, then I imagine that you should be able to articulate that position.  If you can't... or rather not, then fine.. we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I have already stated my position and will not waste time repeating myself.
The news item quoting Rowely’s position on the issue is basically summarising what I was arguing. Let’s agree to disagree on this one! I’ve already predicted that FIFA will not cooperate with Gibbs’ request for info now that Jack has resigned but we’ll soon see what transpires.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:51:02 PM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 21, 2011, 05:50:25 PM »

Your entire position is that he should investigate "because the laws of TnT may have been broken."

Okay  ::)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 21, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »

Your entire position is that he should investigate "because the laws of TnT may have been broken."

Okay  ::)

Fact is Gibbs has already heeded Rowely's call and have stated his investigation. He's at the first stage with his request to FIFA for info on the inquiry so tehnically he's already started his investigation so why all the hot air?!
If Gibbs had nothing to investigated why would he have heeded Rowley and started one?!  ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 21, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
Fact is Gibbs has already heeded Rowely's call and have stated his investigation. He's at the first stage with his request to FIFA for info on the inquiry so tehnically he's already started his investigation so why all the hot air?!
If Gibbs had nothing to investigated why would he have heeded Rowley and started one?!  ;)

To get Rowley off his (and Kamla's) back... obviously.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:55:05 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 21, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »

To get Rowley off his (and Kamla's) back... obviously.

I hope you realise that the real reason Gibbs didn't want to start this investigation is because the results could lead to the folks who hired him (the PP government) being embarrassed by their public decision to support Jack and your argument about there's nothing to investigate is just a red herring as far as I'm concerned! With that said I hope you now see that I'm not convinced by your argument so you might as well just throw in the towel as no insults or pretty words will change my view on this issue as it currently stands! As we are aware the investigation has been started by Gibbs so why all this hot air because I agree that there is a need for an investigation! You have your opinion and I have mines, so let’s respectfully agree to disagree and leave it at that!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 21, 2011, 09:50:07 PM »
I hope you realise that the real reason Gibbs didn't want to start this investigation is because the results could lead to the folks who hired him (the PP government) being embarrassed by their public decision to support Jack and your argument about there's nothing to investigate is just a red herring as far as I'm concerned! With that said I hope you now see that I'm not convinced by your argument so you might as well just throw in the towel as no insults or pretty words will change my view on this issue as it currently stands! As we are aware the investigation has been started by Gibbs so why all this hot air because I agree that there is a need for an investigation! You have your opinion and I have mines, so let’s respectfully agree to disagree and leave it at that!

What the f**k are you talking about dude?  You acting like somebody hounding you for your opinion.  I moved on since yesterday, then you came and raised it with me again today.  Rather than ignore you I responded.  We then agreed to disagree hours ago and I left this shit alone until you asked another question, and I answered.  Spare me the persecution complex  ::)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:55:49 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 21, 2011, 10:14:21 PM »

What the f**k are you talking about dude?  You acting like somebody hounding you for your opinion.  I moved on since yesterday, then you came and raised it with me again today.  Rather than ignore you I responded.  We then agreed to disagree hours ago and I left this shit alone until you asked another question, and I answered.  Spare me the persecution complex  ::)

I never asked you anything!! I simply made a comment in one of the threads about Gibbs needing to carry on his investigation and you jumped in trying to argue that I didn’t know what I was talking about so I decided to clarify what I said! I eventually realised that we were both wasting each other’s time so said let’s agree to disagree but you seem to be still at it and want to have the last word so go ahead!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:17:58 PM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 21, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »
I never asked you anything!! I simply made a comment in one of the threads about Gibbs needing to carry on his investigation and you jumped in trying to argue that I didn’t know what I was talking about so I decided to clarify what I said! I eventually realised that we were both wasting each other’s time so said let’s agree to disagree but you seem to be still at it and want to have the last word so go ahead!

Right... and I'm sure you can point to where I said or insinuated as much. I trying so hard to get you to change yuh mind with mih insults and pretty words that you had to call attention to me above about Rowley calling for an investigation. Like I said, spare me the persecution complex.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:25:41 PM by Bakes »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 22, 2011, 04:52:43 AM »

Actually you are wrong because he hasn't started an investigation.  To this point all he's done is made an inquiry into the matter.  The results of the inquiry will determine whether he has enough to launch an investigation. 

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 22, 2011, 06:47:12 AM »

Actually you are wrong because he hasn't started an investigation.  To this point all he's done is made an inquiry into the matter.  The results of the inquiry will determine whether he has enough to launch an investigation. 

As Bakes said, some people still believe the earth is flat!
To each his own yes!
I say to-may-toe & you say to-maa-toe!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:41:51 AM by Socapro »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 22, 2011, 07:39:10 AM »
ESPNsoccernet
FIFA scandal
'Overwhelming' evidence of corruption

June 22, 2011

There is ''comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming'' evidence that FIFA member Mohamed Bin Hammam tried to bribe officials during his presidential campaign and that Jack Warner was ''an accessory to corruption'', according to a secret report by FIFA's ethics committee.

FIFA announced on Monday that Warner had resigned as FIFA vice-president and quit all football activities, and the world governing body said they had dropped all investigations into him and that ''the presumption of innocence is maintained''.

Highlights of the report http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/929739/highlights-from-fifa-committee-report?cc=3888

But the full report of the ethics committee headed by Namibian judge Petrus Damaseb which provisionally suspended Warner and Bin Hammam on May 29 says there was ''prima facie'' evidence that bribes had been paid to officials to support Bin Hammam's campaign for the FIFA presidency, and that Warner had facilitated this.

The pair - two of the three most powerful men in world football - were suspended last month pending a full inquiry. Bin Hammam withdrew as a candidate against Sepp Blatter on the morning of his ethics committee hearing on May 29. Both he and Warner have consistently denied any wrongdoing.

The 17-page ethics committee document setting out their decision was faxed to Warner last week, on June 14, and three days later he informed FIFA he was resigning.

It concludes that there was ''compelling'' evidence that Bin Hammam and Warner arranged a special meeting of the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) on May 10 and 11 in Trinidad and that, with their knowledge, cash gifts were handed over.

Statements from witnesses, described as ''credible and correspondent'' in the report, said they were handed brown envelopes each containing 40,000 US dollars. One of the witnesses, Fred Lunn from the Bahamas, photographed the cash before returning it.

Four witnesses stated that Warner told the CFU delegates on May 11 that the ''money for the 'gifts' allegedly distributed the day before had been apparently provided by Mr Bin Hammam'', the document states.

Warner's evidence to the May 29 hearing is described as ''mere self-serving declarations'' and that he ''failed to provide the FIFA ethics committee with a plausible explanation''.

The report states: ''The comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming evidence permits to conclude prima facie that the accused [Warner] has initiated and arranged a special meeting of the CFU member associations for Mr Bin Hammam.

''Furthermore on the occasion of this meeting it seems Mr Bin Hammam offered, at least indirectly and under the pledge of secrecy, to each of the member associations an envelope containing USD 40,000.

''The FIFA ethics committee is of the primary opinion that the accused [Warner] had knowledge of the respective payments and condoned them.

''It seems quite likely that the accused [Warner] contributed himself to the relevant actions, thereby acting as an accessory to corruption.''

The report adds: ''The committee is also of the opinion that the respective money gifts can probably only be explained if they are associated with the FIFA presidential elections of 1 June 2011.

''Therefore it appears rather compelling to consider the actions of Mr Bin Hammam constitute prima facie an act of bribery, or at least an attempt to commit bribery.

''It appears prima facie impossible, in the opinion of the FIFA ethics committee, that the accused [Warner] could have considered the money distributed... as legally or ethically proper and without any connection to the upcoming FIFA presidential election.

''Consequently, the accused would at least be considered as an accessory to the aforementioned violations.''

The ethics committee report goes on to say that the facts ''eventually lead to the primary conclusion that Mr Bin Hammam appears to have intended to influence the voting behaviour of the CFU member associations on the occasion of the FIFA presidential elections in his favour.''

The revelations contained in the secret report have provoked a call for FIFA to re-open the case against Warner.

Damian Collins, the Tory MP who is campaigning for a reform of FIFA, said: ''This makes FIFA's claim that Jack Warner can be presumed innocent absolutely incredible. I believe Jack Warner should be made to answer these charges - it's not enough just for him to resign.

''This shows it was a big error of judgement by Sepp Blatter to call off the inquiry and cover this up.

''FIFA should also confirm that Mohamed Bin Hammam should not similarly be allowed to resign in return for having the investigation dropped.''

There have been reports that Warner is entitled to around £20,000 a year as pension from FIFA and Collins also called for the organisation to state that he is not eligible for such payments.

Bin Hammam said in a statement: ''There is nothing I can say more than I deny the allegations and insist that I have not done anything wrong during the special Congress at Trinidad.''

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 22, 2011, 07:50:53 AM »
so Jackie resign and his name still getting call? FIFA say all charges drop but de media get a hold of the report that has his name floating out there for everyone to see  ???......... GUILTY   

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 22, 2011, 07:55:40 AM »
When they are out to get you they are out to get you and there is no escape!!

Maybe Jack should hire Bakes as his new lawyer as I am not sure his current lawyer will be able to handle the media questions relating to this!  ;)

Yuh see what lying to Prince Williams is causing!?  8)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:01:01 AM by Socapro »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 22, 2011, 07:59:37 AM »
Again, I eh bright eh them FIFA fellas apparently brighter than me.....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-22/fifa-report-says-compelling-evidence-on-warner-bin-hammam-in-bribe-case.html

FIFA Says It Has Compelling Evidence on Jack Warner, Bin Hammam Corruption
By Tariq Panja - Jun 22, 2011 9:34 AM GMT-0400

FIFA suspended Mohamed Bin Hammam, the head of Asian soccer, and former vice-president Jack Warner because it had “compelling” evidence against them in a bribery investigation, a report into the case said.

Evidence was found that Bin Hammam tried to bribe officials to vote for him in a presidential election, and that Warner was “an accessory to corruption,” according to a report sent to Warner by FIFA’s ethics committee and seen by Bloomberg News.

Warner quit FIFA this week after almost 30 years with the Zurich-based organization before the results of a fuller investigation into him and Bin Hammam by former FBI Director Louis Freeh is complete. The men were suspended May 29 after the ethics body heard allegations that Warner arranged a meeting where Bin Hammam offered gifts of $40,000 to Caribbean officials for their votes in FIFA’s presidential election. Sepp Blatter retained the post unopposed after Bin Hammam withdrew.

“It appears rather compelling to consider that the actions of Mr. Bin Hammam constitute prima facie an act of bribery, or at least an attempt to commit bribery,” said a section of the full report that led to Bin Hammam and Warner’s suspension. There was “comprehensive, convincing and compelling evidence” that Warner “had knowledge of the respective payments and condoned them.” FIFA didn’t respond to messages seeking comment.

Bin Hammam, in a text message today, denied all the allegations against him. He failed in an appeal to lift the suspension 10 days ago.
Corruption Allegations

Warner, who’s previously denied wrongdoing, didn’t immediately reply to an e-mail seeking comment today. In an interview two days ago he said he was quitting all his posts in soccer, including heading the Concacaf regional body since 1990, because people within FIFA and Concacaf “sought to undermine me in ways that are unimaginable.” The disciplinary action against him was dropped after he resigned.

The suspensions of Warner and Bin Hammam, two of soccer’s most senior officials, came amid corruption allegations against several members of FIFA’s hierarchy.

Sponsors and partners including European soccer’s governing body UEFA have demanded FIFA take reform measures. Blatter, who was re-elected to a fourth term, announced the creation of new panels to deal with unethical behavior.

The 17-page report detailing the case against Warner was faxed to the Trinidadian on June 14, with a separate report going to Bin Hammam. It contains witness testimony from some of those present at a meeting of the Caribbean Football Union at Port of Spain’s Hyatt Regency hotel, where Warner arranged for Bin Hammam to address soccer officials in May.
Brown Envelopes

The report said witnesses from the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Turks and Caicos provided “credible and correspondent” testimony that they were handed brown envelopes containing $40,000 in four stacks of $10,000 made up of $100 bills. Fred Lunn, a soccer official in the Bahamas, photographed the cash and submitted the pictures to FIFA.

Warner provided written and oral evidence to FIFA’s ethics committee, headed by Namibian judge Petrus Damaseb, before its decision. FIFA’s report said his defense contained “mere self- serving declarations” that “failed to provide the FIFA ethics committee with a plausible explanation.”

Still, in confirming Warner’s resignation, FIFA in a statement said his “presumption of innocence is maintained” and that the 68-year-old would no longer be under investigation.

How the presumption of innocence is maintained but FIFA's own report linking him to corruption??....ah know I eh the most objective person on this issue so help mih please dear forumites??

Ah next thing, if Jack not supposed to be involved with football at all, then doesn't it follow that he can no longer be involved with local football??  So what it is I read that Om Lalla say he still in charge of CFU and is still the Special Advisor to the TTFF??

Again.....ah confused.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10:25 AM »
Still, in confirming Warner’s resignation, FIFA in a statement said his “presumption of innocence is maintained” and that the 68-year-old would no longer be under investigation.

How the presumption of innocence is maintained but FIFA's own report linking him to corruption??....ah know I eh the most objective person on this issue so help mih please dear forumites??

Ah next thing, if Jack not supposed to be involved with football at all, then doesn't it follow that he can no longer be involved with local football??  So what it is I read that Om Lalla say he still in charge of CFU and is still the Special Advisor to the TTFF??

Again.....ah confused.....

In all seriousness I think Jack needs to sack Om Lalla and hire Bakes!!
Om Lalla is only going to help get Jack into deeper trouble with some of his reckless statements!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 22, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »
The 17-page ethics committee document setting out their decision was faxed to Warner last week, on June 14, and three days later he informed FIFA he was resigning....this is the statement that has me riveted to this soap.
Will warner escape unscathed ? will Blatter be able to show " new politics " ? Will the report , now public knowledge, be used to witch hunt down warner ? will warner's visa to the USA be revoked ? Will Warner's diplomatic passport be revoked ?  Will wade Mark repeat his statement that " if you google jack warner, all you will see come up is corruption ?
Will Warner prove them all wrong and sue FIFA and the T&T Minister of national security ? Tune in tomorrow ....same bat time ...same bat channel ....din a, din a , din a,  din a . din a , batman ! batman ! batman !
leh we see how good warner could bat on dis sticky wicket ...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 22, 2011, 08:15:13 AM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>