April 29, 2024, 05:17:24 AM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 107395 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #660 on: June 22, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »
The 17-page ethics committee document setting out their decision was faxed to Warner last week, on June 14, and three days later he informed FIFA he was resigning....this is the statement that has me riveted to this soap.
Will warner escape unscathed ? will Blatter be able to show " new politics " ? Will the report , now public knowledge, be used to witch hunt down warner ? will warner's visa to the USA be revoked ? Will Warner's diplomatic passport be revoked ?  Will wade Mark repeat his statement that " if you google jack warner, all you will see come up is corruption ?
Will Warner prove them all wrong and sue FIFA and the T&T Minister of national security ? Tune in tomorrow ....same bat time ...same bat channel ....din a, din a , din a,  din a . din a , batman ! batman ! batman !
leh we see how good warner could bat on dis sticky wicket ...

Yes this better than any soap right now going on on prime time tv!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »

How the presumption of innocence is maintained but FIFA's own report linking him to corruption??....ah know I eh the most objective person on this issue so help mih please dear forumites??

Ah next thing, if Jack not supposed to be involved with football at all, then doesn't it follow that he can no longer be involved with local football??  So what it is I read that Om Lalla say he still in charge of CFU and is still the Special Advisor to the TTFF??

Again.....ah confused.....

Jack lorse he fangs , he bite dull now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 22, 2011, 09:03:07 AM »

FF yuh is a real clown yes boy!!!.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 22, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »

FF yuh is a real clown yes boy!!!.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

ENT but I glad 2 c my boi Magic
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 22, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »
all dis and Bin Hammam didn't even run.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #665 on: June 22, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
Jack Warner and Mohamed Bin Hammam involved in bribery after Fifa finds 'comprehensive evidence'
By Paul Kelso (The Telegraph).

Fifa’s ethics committee has ruled that there is “comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming evidence” that Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner colluded in the payment of bribes to Caribbean football officials, according to a secret report seen by Telegraph Sport.

The ethics committee’s report, which prompted a full investigation into the allegations, found there was a “compelling” prima facie case that Bin Hammam was engaged in an act of bribery, and that Warner was “an accessory to corruption”.

The revelation of the ethics committee’s findings comes two days after Warner resigned as a Fifa vice president, which prompted the governing body to drop its investigation into him and declare that "the presumption of innocence is maintained".

In fact the findings against Warner states that there is “prima facie” evidence that bribes were paid, and concludes that it is likely that Warner and Bin Hammam were involved in an attempt to buy influence ahead of the Fifa presidential election, in which the Qatari was a candidate.

It is understood that the ethics committee’s findings were sent to Mr Warner last week, three days before he resigned from all football posts.

The ethics committee findings were compiled by Namibian judge Petrus Damuseb, who based his report on a evidence prepared by US attorneys on behalf of Fifa executive committee member Chuck Blazer, and following evidence given by Warner and Bin Hammam in personal hearings at the end of May.

Jack Warner still faces questions after resigning from all Fifa posts

Jack Warner’s retreat from the Fifa henhouse comes with investigators, led by former FBI director Louis Freeh, close to finalising their examination of bribery allegations against him and former presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam.

The Freeh investigation is expected to be completed by the end of this month, and while Warner cannot face sanctions following his resignation from Fifa his role will be considered in the final report.

Warner and Bin Hammam are both still scheduled to be interviewed in Zurich in the next 10 days, along with Fifa executive committee members Worawi Makudi of Thailand and new boy V Manilal Fernando of Sri Lanka.

As disclosed by Telegraph Sport, Makudi and Fernando were at the Trinidad meeting in May at which $1 million in bribes is alleged to have been offered to Caribbean football officials.

One man who appears to have escaped the Fifa corruption bloodbath is general secretary Jerome Valcke, who has been cleared to remain in post despite saying in an email that Qatar “bought” the 2022 World Cup.

In a statement issued on Monday, three weeks after the allegation first surfaced, Fifa said there were “no pending issues” relating to Valcke and that he and president Sepp Blatter “look forward to working together in full confidence and trust in the next four-year cycle, as they have done for the past four years”.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

truetrini

« Reply #666 on: June 22, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/22/jack-warner-corruption-fifa-report

Lord Have Mercy..Jack making me a Christian.

Jack Warner was 'accessory to corruption', says leaked Fifa report
 Press Association - guardian.co.uk
Wednesday 22 June 2011

There is "comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming" evidence that Fifa's Mohamed bin Hammam tried to bribe officials during his presidential campaign and that Jack Warner was "an accessory to corruption", according to a secret report produced by Fifa's ethics committee.

Fifa announced on Monday that Warner had resigned as a vice-president and retired from all football activities, resulting in the world governing body dropping their investigations into him, with "the presumption of innocence maintained".

However, the full report of the ethics committee, which provisionally suspended Warner and Bin Hammam on 29 May, says there was "prima facie" evidence that bribes had been paid to officials to support Bin Hammam's campaign for the Fifa presidency, and that Warner had facilitated this.

Bin Hammam withdrew as a candidate against Sepp Blatter on the morning of his ethics committee hearing, but both he and Warner have consistently denied any wrongdoing.

The 17-page ethics committee document setting out their decision was faxed to Warner on 14 June, and three days later he informed Fifa he was resigning.

The report concludes that there was "compelling" evidence that Bin Hammam and Warner arranged a special meeting of the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) on 10-11 May in Trinidad and that, with their knowledge, cash gifts were handed over.

Statements from witnesses, described as "credible and correspondent" in the report, said they were handed brown envelopes each containing $40,000 (£24,800). One of the witnesses, Fred Lunn from the Bahamas, photographed the cash before returning it.

Four witnesses stated that Warner told the CFU delegates on 11 May that the "money for the 'gifts' allegedly distributed the day before had been apparently provided by Mr Bin Hammam", the document states.

Warner's evidence to the 29 May hearing is described as "mere self-serving declarations" and that he "failed to provide the Fifa ethics committee with a plausible explanation".

The report states: "The comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming evidence permits to conclude prima facie that the accused [Warner] has initiated and arranged a special meeting of the CFU member associations for Mr Bin Hammam.

"Furthermore on the occasion of this meeting it seems Mr Bin Hammam offered, at least indirectly and under the pledge of secrecy, to each of the member associations an envelope containing $40,000.

"The Fifa ethics committee is of the primary opinion that the accused [Warner] had knowledge of the respective payments and condoned them.

"It seems quite likely that the accused [Warner] contributed himself to the relevant actions, thereby acting as an accessory to corruption."

The report adds: "The committee is also of the opinion that the respective money gifts can probably only be explained if they are associated with the Fifa presidential elections of 1 June 2011.

"Therefore it appears rather compelling to consider the actions of Mr Bin Hammam constitute prima facie an act of bribery, or at least an attempt to commit bribery.

"It appears prima facie impossible, in the opinion of the Fifa ethics committee, that the accused [Warner] could have considered the money distributed... as legally or ethically proper and without any connection to the upcoming Fifa presidential election. Consequently, the accused would at least be considered as an accessory to the aforementioned violations."

The ethics committee report goes on to say that the facts "eventually lead to the primary conclusion that Mr Bin Hammam appears to have intended to influence the voting behaviour of the CFU member associations on the occasion of the Fifa presidential elections in his favour".

The revelations contained in the secret report have provoked a call for Fifa to re-open the case against Warner.

Damian Collins, the Tory MP who is campaigning for a reform of Fifa, said: "This makes Fifa's claim that Jack Warner can be presumed innocent absolutely incredible. I believe Jack Warner should be made to answer these charges – it's not enough just for him to resign.

"This shows it was a big error of judgment by Sepp Blatter to call off the inquiry and cover this up. Fifa should also confirm that Mohamed bin Hammam should not similarly be allowed to resign in return for having the investigation dropped."

Responding to news that Warner is set to receive a generous pension from Fifa, Collins also called for the organisation to state that he is not eligible for such payments.

Bin Hammam said in a statement: "There is nothing I can say more than I deny the allegations and insist that I have not done anything wrong during the Special Congress at Trinidad."

Warner is yet to respond to the report being made public, but earlier this week maintained he would be cleared of wrongdoing.

Warner said: "I am convinced, and I am advised by counsel, that since my actions did not extend beyond facilitating the meeting that gave Mr Bin Hammam an opportunity to pursue his aborted bid for the Fifa presidency, I would be fully exonerated by any objective arbiter."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:28:13 PM by Flex »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 22, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/22/jack-warner-corruption-fifa-report

Lord Have Mercy..Jack making me a Christian.

I don't think the English media is going to stop until they are able to send one of their top journalists to interview Jack in prison for a book on his life story, most likey Andrew Jennings!!  8)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:43:15 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 22, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »
The question now is: How is Kamla going to deal with this pressure. By tomorrow this will be top news in every single country. She cannot simply continue the mantra of innocent until proved guilty. The PP executive must meet to deal with this, but what can they really do? Ride the storm?

But theres more to come, maybe. The judges decision on the court case, will there be a settlement before 30th June? Will the judge order forensic audits (how can he not, when he himself said the accounts were unaccountable and now with the world watching he's kinda made a rod for his own back. How can he follow FIFA and brush this under the carpet?) Then theres the possibility of Gibbs investigating. He must request a copy of this leaked decision. Then theres Freah's investigation.

Any other govt would force Jack to resign to save any further embarrassment. But we know this ain't that easy. Jack won't want to lose all of his power, and he probably has huge leverage over all of the PP parties. I really don't know how this will play out, but for T&T I'm sure that the reputation and concerns of T&T business and citizens is way down Kamlas list of concerns right now.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #669 on: June 23, 2011, 04:09:44 AM »
Jack blasts FIFA leaK
...Denies he was 'accessory' to corruption
By Renuka Singh (Express).

Works Minister Jack Warner yesterday lashed out at "sections" of world football body FIFA for feeding "misleading" information to the international media in a bid to undermine his legacy and Caribbean standing in FIFA affairs.

A 17-page document from FIFA's Ethics Committee leaked to the international press alleged that FIFA had "compelling" evidence that Asian soccer chief Mohamed bin Hammam and Warner conspired to bribe voters in the organisation's presidential election before it suspended them from world soccer's governing body.

FIFA's ethics committee concluded that the allegations bin Hammam offered US$40,000 cash payments to Caribbean officials "constitute prima facie an act of bribery".

Officials from the Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Turks and Caicos Islands provided witness statements that were "coherent, credible and detailed," the panel decided.

A report into Warner's case, seen by several international news organisations including The Associated Press and Bloomberg said Warner was an accessory to bribery who offered "mere self-serving declarations" at a hearing last month.

The report was sent on June 14 to Warner, a 28-year veteran of FIFA's ruling executive committee who led the North, Central American and Caribbean regional body since 1990.

British media reported that parts of the document were first shown by the UK Press Association.

The ethics panel, headed by Namibian judge Petrus Damaseb, studied witness statements from officials representing four Caribbean federations who were allegedly offered brown envelopes stuffed with US$100 bills after hearing bin Hammam's election pitch on May 10 at a meeting at the Hyatt Regency (Trinidad) Hotel in Port of Spain.

Warner resigned on Monday as FIFA vice president and that of President of Concacaf and Caribbean Football Union.

The international media reported information allegedly culled from a FIFA Ethics Committee report which stated that Warner received the report on June 14 informing him of FIFA's findings that there was "comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming" evidence that he was involved in the controversial bribery scandal.

The whistleblowers said Warner told delegates that "the cash gift had been provided by Mr bin Hammam.

"The accused further stated that he had advised Mr bin Hammam to bring the cash equivalent of any gift he intended to bring to the delegates," Associated Press, stated quoting from the report.

FIFA declined to comment yesterday on the leaked report, which was first revealed by Britain's Press Association news agency.

Warner immediately responded yesterday, saying:

"It is my information that the purported "decision" document was not released by FIFA; nor was its circulation authorised by FIFA."

"As far as I was able to establish, the FIFA Ethics Committee report, which is being scurrilously circulated, summarizes the considerations on which the FIFA Ethics Committee decided on suspensions and a full hearing involving the subjects of the allegations on bid-rigging," Warner said.

Warner said it was interesting to note that investigations into the allegations were still "ongoing" and any suggestion that this was the Ethics Committee final findings was "false and misleading".

Warner said in accordance with "due process", FIFA Ethics Committee sent four copies of the preliminary investigations on May 29, one each by fax and a courier, one to his lawyer and another to the Concacaf office in New York, United States.

"The copies sent to me and my attorney could not possibly have been accessed by any scurrilous party bent on the malice manifestly intended in the anonymous leaks to the media in an investigation that is still ongoing," he noted.

Warner said he "had absolutely no doubt" that this latest development was an attempt to destroy the standing of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and undermine its influence in FIFA affairs.

"It is now evident that there are those in a section of the FIFA fraternity who, in the face of FIFA's stated position and its voluntary recognition of my contribution to world football and by definition to FIFA, will stop at no lengths to destroy my legacy and destabilise the Caribbean region," he said.

Warner said he fully expected these "vicious attacks" to continue from people with "hidden agendas".

"I, Jack Warner, did not partake in the distribution of any cash gifts to my members," he said.

He said when he announced his decision to resign on Monday, all the procedures regarding him and the FIFA Ethics Committee was "discontinued".
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #670 on: June 23, 2011, 04:10:24 AM »
COP members chant 'Fire Jack' at City Hall
By Anna Ramdass (Express).

Fire Jack!

This was the chant by some members of the Congress of the People (COP) as the candidates on the leadership race focussed on the Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner at an election debate at City Hall, Port of Spain on Tuesday.

Three of the four contenders for the political leadership post — Anil Roberts, Prakash Ramadhar and Vernon De Lima were questioned on Warner's recent resignation from FIFA.

Warner and Asian football head Mohamed bin Hammam, who eventually withdrew his nomination for the post of FIFA president, were accused of offering bribes to members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) at a meeting in Trinidad, in May, in exchange for votes. Both men were suspended by FIFA and pending an investigation by FIFA's Ethics Committee. After Warner's resignation on Monday FIFA issued a release stating the presumption of innocence on Warner's part would be maintained.

Roberts, who had previously defended Warner saying he should not step down in the face of a probe, said at the debate that he would not have resigned but stayed on to ensure that his name was cleared.

"I would have ensured that the investigation went to its complete conclusion to ensure that not only my citizens in Trinidad and Tobago but the world at large would have known that I had nothing to do with such allegations, that they were unfounded and untrue," said Roberts.

"...Clearly one must understand when allegations are made at any point in time I would prefer that they follow their full investigations to clear my name because your name is all you have," he added.

He stood his ground, however, saying, "Furthermore I think it is irresponsible to suggest that if allegations are made against anyone and they deny those allegations that they should stop serving the people until an investigation is completed because that means that their work would be thwarted by those who have mischievous intentions".

Roberts denied that Warner was financing his campaign.

De Lima said that Warner should resign as a Government Minister as his controversy was negatively impacting on the image of this country.

"The reputation of our beloved Trinidad and Tobago has been tarnished...is Trinidad and Tobago more important than Jack Warner, the answer is yes, for me it is and in my respectful view Mr Jack Warner should step aside", said De Lima.

Ramadhar, who was criticised by Warner for saying he should step down said the people will judge Warner.

"I will not be judged by Mr Warner, let's make that very clear. I will be judged by the members of the Congress of the People," said Ramadhar.

He said he stands by the position of the COP, "Our view is the standard that has been set is that anyone, including myself, anybody in public life must step aside to allow an investigation to go on.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 23, 2011, 06:42:42 AM »
Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Turks and Caicos Islands, PR and DR will be the dissenters in the future CFU!!!!!! Possibly Suriname.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 23, 2011, 08:44:45 AM »
Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Turks and Caicos Islands, PR and DR will be the dissenters in the future CFU!!!!!! Possibly Suriname.

I expecting dat since dis whole ting start.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 23, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »

That eh no big thing because them ent no world-beaters anyway.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:26 AM »

That eh no big thing because them ent no world-beaters anyway.

Yeah buh if Blazer get een, dey go be tryin to shake loose a few more so that he can do the same thing Jack use to do in flexing his voting muscle.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 23, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video?video=channels/339821/1385038&cc=4716

Nice video link! And nice balanced input from Shaka!

I think everyone needs to see this video, especially my good friend Bakes!!  ;)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 23, 2011, 05:10:02 PM »

Thanks!!   :beermug:  I tried to watch this while I was in Bim but the volume was giving trouble on this channel that day....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2011, 05:30:37 PM »
Funny how our copy and paste media didn't copy and paste this.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »

Thanks!!   :beermug:  I tried to watch this while I was in Bim but the volume was giving trouble on this channel that day....

Browns, you was in Bim? You mean bin? bin Hammam was in you? You was in bed with bin Hammam? Ah confused.  ??? You are the T&T version of Nikita and you slept with bin Hammam to get some pillow talk on Jack? Yuh real wanna see this man gone!! :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »
embarrassing,embarrassing,embarrassing

The whole world seeing it.

country

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »
gotta love Tommy

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »

Thanks!!   :beermug:  I tried to watch this while I was in Bim but the volume was giving trouble on this channel that day....

Browns, you was in Bim? You mean bin? bin Hammam was in you? You was in bed with bin Hammam? Ah confused.  ??? You are the T&T version of Nikita and you slept with bin Hammam to get some pillow talk on Jack? Yuh real wanna see this man gone!! :rotfl:

just so....      pop corn material ... :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »

Ahem, Bim = Barbados.....just so we clear....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »

country

:-[ :-[ :-[  :'( :'(

Not according to Jack's lackeys though.....he is still innocent till proven guilty.  Yuh eh believe mih??  Ask Anil and Kams....well no not Kams, give she till next week when we know for sure the huzzy out the hospital....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #685 on: June 24, 2011, 12:08:20 AM »

Them fellas on here does get dong real deep boi!!. This site is like no other, it is the best place for some real sh*t talk at times. Socawarriors.net need a star on the Hollywood walk of fame oye!!!!!!!!!  ???
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:13:55 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 24, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »

country

Doh use meh boi Mickey use Bozo d clown instead.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #687 on: June 27, 2011, 04:22:11 AM »
The 40 gran.....

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 27, 2011, 04:46:02 PM »
The 40 gran.....

cyah make out the name on the envelope .... looks like Bermuda?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 28, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
Quiet before de storm.
Stay tuned for Thursday June 30th.
Open de books for de judge. All now, is only shred dat Scamps and Rodent shredding
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>