April 16, 2024, 12:26:29 PM

Author Topic: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes  (Read 106447 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: The Other Shoe Just Dropped
« Reply #750 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »
Oh Sh*t  :rotfl:  Classic!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 26, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14296987.stm

Bribe investigation just expanded. CFU member association officials given 48 hours to come clean or else. Prisoner's dilemma at it's finest.

Sometimes it's hard to be a CFU official
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times
Doin things that you don't understand
But if you love him
You'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him
Oh, be proud of him
Cause after all he's just a man

Stand by your man
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
when nights are cold and lonely

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

:D Tammy Wynette
no tantie winette cause is now ting start

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »
Lets see how long they'll keep lying. I believe that money was passed, and these associations will be foolish to risk such sanctions for continued denial that such transactions did not occur. Why would these other associations concuct such a scheme then? 

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner charged by FIFA over alleged bribes
« Reply #753 on: July 26, 2011, 04:30:10 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/football/07/26/football.fifa.cfu.hammam/index.html

When yuh see it reach CNN, then de gobar really hit de fan.

Note that the request was directed "to all CFU associations, asking the associations, their presidents, and any of their members with knowledge of anything that transpired during the meetings held on 10 and 11 May in Trinidad and Tobago to provide and report all relevant information in their possession within 48 hours"

This means that Scamps, Rodent, KLL, Cornmeal and any of the others connected to the gravy train will have to sing to save their jobs. Serious development people. 48 hrs and de clock already ticking. Lincoln de "Tiger", if yuh know anything, FIFA wants to hear from you, even if you technically were employed by the govt. They still need your evidence. You can remain incognito and possibly make a comeback as TTFF president after de house of cards falls.

:beermug:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:57:04 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 26, 2011, 05:27:51 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/football/07/26/football.fifa.cfu.hammam/index.html

When yuh see it reach CNN, then de gobar really hit de fan.

Note that the request was directed "to all CFU associations, asking the associations, their presidents, and any of their members with knowledge of anything that transpired during the meetings held on 10 and 11 May in Trinidad and Tobago to provide and report all relevant information in their possession within 48 hours"

This means that Scamps, Rodent, KLL, Cornmeal and any of the others connected to the gravy train will have to sing to save their jobs. Serious development people. 48 hrs and de clock ticking. Lincoln de "Tiger", if yuh know anything, FIFA wants to hear from you.

:beermug:

LP was not part of that! Plus he is no longer an employee of the TTFF.

Camps is the man they want to talk to!
I feel Camps should try to claim ignorance!

Camps can say something like this in his reply letter to FIFA:

Dear Mr Blatter/FIFA Ethics Committee,  

I know you're now out to hang me & my man, special advisor & minister of hard wuk, Jack Horner, after successfully hanging our oil rich & gullible friend Mr Bin Had-man.
But I can assure you that ain’t happening!

I've been in this job as head of TTFF much longer than you have been the head of FIFA!
While you only have 4 more years left in your post and now trying to pretend you transparent to go out with a good image, I on the other hand plan to die in this job as head of the TTFF and there’s nothing you can do about it, so who you really feel is the bigger man between both of us that can take the heat and last the distance? Eh?!!

For your information I have no idea what when down here in T&T and I am claiming ignorance and I am sure my claim will stand up in any court of law if it comes to that!
I have a serious track record of having absolutely no idea what goes on in the TTFF and our offices here in T&T! All these years in the job I have been simply carrying out Jack’s instructions and now that you have banned him from getting involved in any football matters I am totally clueless!
In fact many folks here in my beloved country have argued that I am probably senile and some T&T football supporters have even resorted to referring to me as IT!! Please check the SocaWarriors.net Discussion Forum if you doubt me, them guys on there know what they talking bout!

I have absolutely no idea what when on here in T&T in May and was only woken up from my stupor after Jack was suspended! That’s the honest truth!!!

Please forgive any spelling errors as I don't usually write and my secretary is just as clueless as me but thankfully can make a great cup of tea!!

Yours senilely
Ole Scamps
 :angel:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:22:07 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 26, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »
To be honest, if it was an ordinary Joe, I could understand no investigation taking place. But seeing as Jack is a govt minister, politically, PP, UNC, police and probably also, CFU, CONCACAF & TTFF should be wanting this cleared up to prove they want to expose sleaze. All eyes are on the integrity of these organisations, and a cover up could cause more problems. However, as we know, Jack has a thumb in all these pies and could pull out lots of plums that will embarrass all of the above while saying "what a good boy am I".

Its catch 22. No one knows what Jack could reveal or the consequences of such revelations, but I can't see how a blind eye could be turned on this one. bin Hammam is guilty, but Jack is not, even though the "evidence" says he is? His workers followed his instructions and were punished, but not Jack?

Nah, justice must be seen to be done. At the least, any self respecting minister would resign. 

*sigh*

Okay so this whole investigation crusade is to get some sort of definitive answer on whether Jack paid a bribe to CFU officials?  Is this the case you're making for why he should resign?  Or is there more that I'm missing... because frankly this bribe thing is kinda overblown.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14296987.stm

Bribe investigation just expanded. CFU member association officials given 48 hours to come clean or else. Prisoner's dilemma at it's finest.

And the hypocrisy continues... sacrifice a few peasants in the name of "transparency and ethics" while kings of corruption sit immune from scrutiny in their gilded offices in Zurich.  Reminds me of a scene I once saw in a movie... "Dragonslayer" I think it was.  The hero battles a dragon and kills it... the next morning when all is quiet the King of the realm calmly rides up to the dragon's carcass, stick his sword into its heart and declares it dead.  Long live the king!

Lol....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
Football supporter thanks for making it clear for bakes! I assume people who are interested in the future of our football and interested in officials being accountable for the actions would have been following the debacle.1 But I realised Bakes wanted me to be more explicit!2
But you said it!
Importation of foreign currency without declaring it.3 Who know how it was facilitated into the country. The list of violations read out by the learned judge on Saturday. Violation of the code of ethics which are also criminal offences in our jurisdiction !4 And what about the excess that was to be returned to Jack for those who did not accept the gifts.5 Which office was the money handed over from? I hope it is Concacaf and not a government office.6 Although it is still on our soil.  Gibbs was told to wait until the final verdict by FIFA. I can only speculate why?

1  You should rely too much on assumptions... one way or another.  I have been following this more than you know, and for longer than you know.
2 ... and I'm still waiting, none of these accusations you raise point to a crime being committed by Jack *shrug*
3 Was money imported without declaring it?  By Jack?
4 Violation of the code of ethics 'are' criminal offences in your jurisdiction?  You not talking about Trinidad and Tobago by any chance are you?
5 Who cares what happened to the "excess"... it's not public money, nor was it stolen... *shrug*
6 Office?  The meeting was held at the Hyatt.  This is what we really clamoring for investigation for?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 26, 2011, 07:12:03 PM »
Question: I'm aware that TTFF is an independent body, but if TTFF are tarnishing the country by its actions, can the govt intervene in some way? After all, they are the countries football representatives. In England they would be dragged in front of a parliamentary hearing (as happened with the 2018 bid team) and in the U.S. I imagine the same thing happens. If the govt have those powers, they should also order Warner to attend and explain his involvement.

Camps and co are further dragging the name of T&T through the mud. This alleged bribery happened here, was allegedly orchestrated by a T&T senior minister and TTFF refused to give evidence.

Makes yuh kinda proud ent?   

Allyuh men getting real crazy with this thing now... TTFF is a private organization and as far as this bribery thing is concerned they broke no laws... what would they be dragged in front of Parliament for?  If the US Congress pulls some stunt like that I guarantee you they will get lambasted for wasting taxpayers money.  English media loves a pappyshow and the English parliament and government loves to keep the tabloids happy... so yeah, something as trivial as this would play large in England... as evidenced by the latest NOTW fiasco.  The coziness of government and the press has given outsized influence to the press, who at times have used that power for good... and at times the rest of us objective folks can only sit back and have a chuckle.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
You see, this is what I don't understand. People on this site always criticising T&T press for not asking the hard questions, yet you criticise the British press for exposing corruption etc (Yes, of course NOTW reporters went too far and acted illegally.)

And then people here bemoan a corrupt and non transparent govt, yet when people calling for investigations you belittle those requests.

Bakes, I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked for your input. I really want to know if there are charges that should be laid at the feet of Warner and TTFF. I cannot believe for a second that a first world country (or one aspiring to be first world) would allow a govt minister to remain in his post while bringing this much shame and embarrassment upon his country.

Its no longer about being right or wrong legally. The man has chosen to avoid giving evidence to defend himself, so even if he is totally innocent, he will always be perceived as guilty. If he had any honour he would put his country first and step away. If he feels he's more important than his country's and party's image, they should ask him to leave. Kamla got enough to deal with without all this drama.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 26, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »
You see, this is what I don't understand. People on this site always criticising T&T press for not asking the hard questions, yet you criticise the British press for exposing corruption etc (Yes, of course NOTW reporters went too far and acted illegally.)

And then people here bemoan a corrupt and non transparent govt, yet when people calling for investigations you belittle those requests.

Bakes, I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked for your input. I really want to know if there are charges that should be laid at the feet of Warner and TTFF. I cannot believe for a second that a first world country (or one aspiring to be first world) would allow a govt minister to remain in his post while bringing this much shame and embarrassment upon his country.

Its no longer about being right or wrong legally. The man has chosen to avoid giving evidence to defend himself, so even if he is totally innocent, he will always be perceived as guilty. If he had any honour he would put his country first and step away. If he feels he's more important than his country's and party's image, they should ask him to leave. Kamla got enough to deal with without all this drama.

Now I'm really starting to feel like we're back on the hamster wheel.... but I'll get to that in a second.

I never criticized the British press for "exposing corruption" in fact I pointedly stated that some of the "power" they have has been used for good... I didn't elaborate, but yes by keeping public officials and others honest.  But some of the influences has been used in farcical situations... such as that typical of the tabloids, prying into peoples lives and creating a public hubub about what is essentially private peccadilloes by human beings no more infallible than the very reporters criticizing the subjects.  This is what I sometimes "chuckle" at the press becoming almost a caricature of itself and in some cases a law unto itself.  Let's not act like the English press is all scrupulous and ethical.

I don't "belittle" the requests for information... I scratch my head at the tenuous links being drawn to private action and government responsibility.  It's obvious to me the disconnect which is why perhaps I don't entertain it as much as proponents would like.  Look I don't like Jack Warner's personality and his handling of his business affairs and "our" football as much as the next man.... but that said, whatever Warner does in his FIFA role is largely unconnected to his Government role.  I understand what you and others are saying with regards to bribery by a public official, even in his private capacity... and don't disagree at all with that concern.  Its unbecoming of leadership.  But part of me is like... okay FIFA took its ball away from him and all he has now is his government gig... which itself has been marginalized.  And all of that and he's actually doing a "good" job in his portfolio.  Now that doesn't mean that we should forget about whatever happened back in May... I'm just expressing my own personal ambivalence.  On one hand I'd like to see him pay for his corrupt ways, and in the other I'm wondering how much is too much?

Now that is as far as the ethical inquiries are concerned.  If he did anything illegal I think he definitely ought to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  Except I get the sense that people (not calling any names  ;D) getting excited over the criminal equivalent of some traffic tickets.  He facilitated a bribe (not illegal), may have brought money illegally into the country... *shrug* etc.  To me the most serious offense, the one which I'm really interested in is whether he gave some sort of guarantee to the CFU officials to bypass customs... in other words, did he misuse his public authority in order to facilitate a circumvention of the laws.  I definitely would like to see that one investigated.

But we've already been down this road.... hence my hamster wheel comment.

The one thing you suggested that I did think was ridiculous was the dragging the TTFF in front of Parliament thing.  Unless the issue is the misappropriation of public funds then the bribery thing involving Jack... not even the TTFF... Jack in his personal capacity as FIFA Exec.  You want the TTFF to answer what exactly?  The central problem here is that Jack was wearing too many hats until recently, so much so that people having a hard time recognizing when he's acting in which capacity... and that itself was becoming a problem.  Fortunately it looks as though circumstances have stepped in to address that without waiting on him... or Kamla.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 26, 2011, 11:57:31 PM »
Ok, Bakes, good post! 

My reasoning regarding a governmental inquiry is that TTFF represent T&T football internationally and nationally. For years they have been involved in scandal after scandal, usually at the cost of Trinis (WC ticket overpricing, overselling tickets for HC, missing funds, blacklisting players etc and now possibly earning a FIFA ban) No national organisation should be allowed to continue this behaviour without explaining itself, yet TTFF answers to no one.

Heres a scenario that could possibly happen: TTFF refuse to respond to FIFA. FIFA ban TTFF for 6 months. Our 2014 and Olympic preperations will be in tatters. The public should know why TTFF are willing to disrupt our football. Why are they not giving evidence? Only reason is that they are protecting someone. Whether that be Warner, Camps, Groden, whoever, that persons guilt will cause T&T football to suffer. And what can we do? Nothing.

That can't be allowed to happen. These people must answer to someone. Governments have to, police have to, banks and businesses have to, but not TTFF? That can't be right.

But I cannot think of another soloution. TTFF have a stranglehold on our football and have been squeezing away at our throats for years. Enough is enough. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #761 on: July 27, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »
FIFA bin Hammam CFU probe
FIFA awaits T&T meeting report today
T&T Guardian Reports.

The Football Federation of Trinidad and Tobago is one of 25 members within the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) that has until today to submit a report to FIFA. On Monday FIFA started further investigation into the meeting of Caribbean football officials which took place on May 10 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Port-of-Spain and led to Mohamed bin Hammam being banned from football for life.

Football’s governing body has sought information from all Caribbean Football Union (CFU) member associations about the meeting in Trinidad and Tobago on May 10-11. It was during that meeting that bin Hammam was alleged to have offered bribes to Caribbean football associations in exchange for votes in his later-abandoned FIFA presidency bid.

He was found guilty of corruption and banned for life by FIFA’s ethics committee on Saturday. Bin Hammam says he will appeal. FIFA said in a statement: “FIFA has sent a letter yesterday 25 July to all CFU associations, asking the associations, their presidents, and any of their members with knowledge of anything that transpired during the meetings held on 10 and 11 May in Trinidad and Tobago, to provide and report all relevant information in their possession within 48 hours.

“Truthful and complete reporting will be considered in mitigation by the ethics committee when deciding on potential sanctions.” “Any person who has relevant information but does not come forward during this 48 hour period will be subject to the full range of sanctions.” “Following this 48 hour period, the FIFA Ethics Committee will be asked to open the necessary ethics proceedings,” FIFA said.

Cuba was the only CFY member association which did not attend the meeting on 10 and 11 May, where bin Hammam spoke about his campaign to replace Sepp Blatter as Fifa president. Officials from nine associations told investigators last month they were given or offered cash gifts. The other 15 denied receiving any cash gifts or refused to meet investigators. Four associations did not respond to invitations to meet investigators—Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica and Montserrat.

A further 11 associations did send officials to meet investigators but denied receiving cash gifts. They were: Barbados, Guyana, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and United States Virgin Islands.

Former Asian Football Confederation chief bin Hammam was the most senior official to be banned by Fifa in its 107-year history, but told the BBC on Sunday: “Let me make this clear—I have never paid money for votes in all my life.” The 62-year-old intends to take his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland.

TIMELINE

•March 18, 2011—bin Hammam announces Fifa presidency campaign.
•May 25—Fifa announces it is to investigate four officials - including Bin Hammam and vice-president Jack •Warner—following bribery allegations.
•May 27—Bin Hammam suggests Blatter knew about alleged bribery payments, and there is a conspiracy to stop his campaign.
•May 29—Bin Hammam withdraws his candidacy but vows to clear his name over allegations. Fifa suspends Bin Hammam and Warner from all football-related activity and opens full investigation.
•June 1—Blatter re-elected as Fifa president
•June 20—Warner resigns from posts in international football, therefore avoiding investigation
•July 23—Fifa bans bin Hammam from football-related activity for life

“Truthful and complete reporting will be considered in mitigation by the ethics committee when deciding on potential sanctions. “Any person who has relevant information but does not come forward during this 48-hour period will be subject to the full range of sanctions. “Following this 48-hour period, the ethics committee will be asked to open the necessary ethics proceedings.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 27, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
I've been wondering if FIFA will ban the federations that was involved in this bribery scandal from the very beginning. ppl talkin all kinda ting about jack warner blazer and bin hammam, but no one eh study the real issue, what fifa might be trying tuh do to CFU members, and not necessarily the federation presidents , but the federation it self.

this could spell another stint of suffering for football lover in T&T, BC we dun know dat camps and dem doh care if the ship go down wid dem, as ah matter of fact they would rather it so.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 27, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »
I've been wondering if FIFA will ban the federations that was involved in this bribery scandal from the very beginning. ppl talkin all kinda ting about jack warner blazer and bin hammam, but no one eh study the real issue, what fifa might be trying tuh do to CFU members, and not necessarily the federation presidents , but the federation it self.

this could spell another stint of suffering for football lover in T&T, BC we dun know dat camps and dem doh care if the ship go down wid dem, as ah matter of fact they would rather it so.

Anything and I mean anything that brings about change and a new regime or a revamped TTFF is a good thing!!

I would personally welcome a 6 months ban if it means that Scamps and crew have to go and we can put a new more transparent & accountable regime in place!

What on earth yuh talking about another stint of suffering? The suffering hasn't & will never stop with that current unaccountable regime in place!

I personally will celebrate if we get a 6 months ban once it means that old regime has to go and we can put a new accountable & more professional crew with fresh ideas in place once the dust has cleared! :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:49:36 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 27, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
Ok, Bakes, good post! 

My reasoning regarding a governmental inquiry is that TTFF represent T&T football internationally and nationally. For years they have been involved in scandal after scandal, usually at the cost of Trinis (WC ticket overpricing, overselling tickets for HC, missing funds, blacklisting players etc and now possibly earning a FIFA ban) No national organisation should be allowed to continue this behaviour without explaining itself, yet TTFF answers to no one.

Heres a scenario that could possibly happen: TTFF refuse to respond to FIFA. FIFA ban TTFF for 6 months. Our 2014 and Olympic preperations will be in tatters. The public should know why TTFF are willing to disrupt our football. Why are they not giving evidence? Only reason is that they are protecting someone. Whether that be Warner, Camps, Groden, whoever, that persons guilt will cause T&T football to suffer. And what can we do? Nothing.

That can't be allowed to happen. These people must answer to someone. Governments have to, police have to, banks and businesses have to, but not TTFF? That can't be right.

But I cannot think of another soloution. TTFF have a stranglehold on our football and have been squeezing away at our throats for years. Enough is enough. 

Aaarrm.....I think we already in tatters.

I think that the right questions are not being asked (or being ignored). We are confusing morals & ethics with what is the law. If Jack broke the law, then it is up to the laws of T&T to decide his fate (which in Trinidad is no scene).

With regard to the said meeting, obviously somebody packed the envelopes (either Jack without bin Hammam knowing, bin Hammam himself, or Jack and MBM in collusion). The precise scenario may never be known, but we cannot forget the dirty politics behind the scenes. Why is FIFA on this witch hunt, and why is Blazer at the forefront in all of this yet immune to questioning with regard to his exact role?

We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 27, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
Ok, Bakes, good post! 

Breds... the quicker you set aside this delusion, the sooner you'll start safeguarding both your mental health and your peace of mind.  TTFF "represents" TnT football the way FIFA "represents" world football.  Nobody vote them in, ask them to serve, nominate them... they appoint themselves and as such are accountable to no one.  They good at laying a guilt trip on government in order to get financial support but as soon as the money hit their accounts they does bawl "ha haa... SUCKERS!"

Dai'z TnT football.  TTFF is a FIFA franchise... until government grow a pair and fans band dey belly for some tough decisions... until local footballers willing to "band dey belly" as de ole people does say... then 'we' football will never be "we football".

Don't get me wrong... you are looking at it the way any logical person would.  The problem is you cannot logically analyze an inherent illogical and broken enterprise.  I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated it makes me when I really stop and think about where the TTFF is... compared to where it should be.  Forget about the product on the field... from a sheer business perspective, the TTFF is a subsidiary of a hugely profitable multinational corporation, which over the past 10 years has turned a profit of around US$9bn.. and today sits on a US$1bn war chest.  Yet taking a page out of the "How to Shoot Yourself in the Ass" handbook of management, Jack Warner and Camps  et al have squandered whatever share of that money right down the drain.  They chose to cut off their nose in order to spite their face on this WC bonus issue, not realizing that whatever they had to pay the players could easily have been recouped in two WC cycles.  Instead, we're going into our second cycle, football and pockets skin out like ah George St. jammette on ah Friday night.  It hard to force change from the outside so, man just have to continue shaking they head as they bid their time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 27, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
Why is FIFA on this witch hunt, and why is Blazer at the forefront in all of this yet immune to questioning with regard to his exact role?

Nobody ent questioning Blazer because is them who either set the train in motion, or who grease the skids to make sure it keep rolling once it started.  Which is why I can't take them serious... all the trumpet they trumpeting this "ethics" talk.  Blazer is a CONCACAF executive... in corporate terms he's an insider.  Yet he set up a company in the Caymans (outside US oversight) and somehow manage to set up a contract between that company and CONCACAF for the company (Sportsvision) to market CONCACAF TV rights.  He paid himself a 10% commission for 'arranging' the deal... US$2m... $2m CONCACAF dollars straight into his pockets... ontop of his CONCACAF salary, the CONCACAF expense account (Amex black card), and FIFA salary.

I said something about it on Bill Archer's blog over on Bigsoccer.com and all ah dem jump on mih case... how I talking nonsense.  Archer self, that c**t... even tell mih "I have no argument" before blocking me from posting on his blog.  FS... THIS is what I was talking about back when this thing first started... none of these fackers give's a mangy rat's ass about corruption.  They replaced the corrupt Trinidadian with the corrupt American and all is well in the universe.  Now that Bin Hammam has been banned all they concerned about is whether this means FIFA will now take the 2022 Cup and give it to the US.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 28, 2011, 06:58:22 AM »
I agree, its like watching two Mafia families, with one ratting on the other. One trying to be legitimate, while we all know the empire was built on funny money. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 28, 2011, 07:46:23 AM »
I agree, its like watching two Mafia families, with one ratting on the other. One trying to be legitimate, while we all know the empire was built on funny money. 
      You agree with that !!!!!!! doh make me laugh here  :devil:

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 28, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
This is my reading of the way FIFA operates too!
You should read the book- How they stole the game by David Yallop. Mafia, politics in football!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 28, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »
One day, I promise to sit down and read de back and forth between Bakes and FS on this thread....one day.......soon..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 28, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »
The FIFA report on Jackula is out and circulating people. 

Very reliable sources say is real dangerous finger pointing info. Jackula gorn tru. Uncle Seppos not easy nah. Like he wha' kill de man or wha'.....   :'(   What a ting.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:09:54 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 29, 2011, 04:29:48 AM »
The FIFA report on Jackula is out and circulating people. 

Very reliable sources say is real dangerous finger pointing info. Jackula gorn tru. Uncle Seppos not easy nah. Like he wha' kill de man or wha'.....   :'(   What a ting.

Why the crocodile tears?! I would have expected tears from Jack Horner, not you!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:31:23 AM by Socapro »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bin Hammam Wins Appeal in FIFA Bribery Case
By GRAHAM DUNBAR
GENEVA abcnews.go.com
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/bin-hammam-wins-appeal-fifa-bribery-case-16810469?singlePage=true#.UAgWCGFfF3U

Sports court lifts Bin Hammam's soccer life ban in FIFA presidential election bribery case
The Associated Press

Former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam won his case against a life ban from soccer on Thursday for allegedly bribing voters during his challenge to Sepp Blatter.

However, the Court of Arbitration for Sport said its panel was not convinced Bin Hammam is innocent of corruption — but it overturned the ban because FIFA failed to find conclusive evidence.

"It is a situation of 'case not proven,' coupled with concern on the part of the Panel that the FIFA investigation was not complete or comprehensive enough to fill the gaps in the record," sport's highest court said in a statement.

Despite the legal victory, Bin Hammam's bid to clear his name is far from over.

Bin Hammam faces new charges of bribery at the Asian Football Confederation, which claimed this week that its president's financial management was revealed in a forensic audit of the governing body's accounts.

FIFA responded to the CAS verdict "with concern", saying it will ask its newly appointed independent prosecutor Michael J. Garcia to re-examine the case.

"The FIFA Ethics Committee will then decide based on the reports and evidence presented to it if any action is required to be taken against Mohamed bin Hammam," FIFA said in a statement.

Bin Hammam's victory at CAS will only partly restore his shattered reputation.

The panel, which was split 2-1 in his favor, "is not making any sort of affirmative finding of innocence in relation to Mr. Bin Hammam," the court said. "It is more likely than not that Mr. Bin Hammam was the source of the monies that were brought into Trinidad and Tobago" at an election campaign rally in May 2011.

FIFA got evidence from Caribbean whistleblowers who said they were offered $40,000 cash bribes during the 63-year-old Qatari's electioneering visit.

Bin Hammam denied wrongdoing, claiming Blatter helped orchestrate a scandal to guarantee his election victory unopposed a few weeks later.

The ruling Thursday followed a two-day hearing in April at the court in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Bin Hammam, who refused to attend FIFA hearings that enforced the life ban, did not attend or testify. Blatter gave evidence by video link from FIFA headquarters in Zurich.

FIFA's failed prosecution used evidence gathered by an investigations agency led by former FBI director Louis Freeh, which was hired to conduct the probe.

Freeh's team reported that it found "substantial credible evidence that cash was offered to and accepted" by Caribbean Football Union delegates after Bin Hammam made his election pitch at a hotel in Port of Spain.

FIFA's code of ethics prohibits officials receiving any cash gifts, yet Caribbean officials were given brown envelopes stuffed with piles of $100 bills.

On Thursday, the CAS panel published its dissatisfaction with the quality of evidence.

"No efforts were made to trace the source of (the) banknotes that were photographed," the court said. The panel "recognizes that it is possible to infer that the failure of Mr. Bin Hammam to carry out that relatively simple exercise in the course of these proceedings might be explained by the fact that it would have confirmed that he was the source."

Elected to lead Asian soccer in 2002, bin Hammam launched his bid to lead the world governing body last year just months after helping Qatar win 2022 World Cup hosting rights.

Bin Hammam and Blatter were locked in a tight race for the presidency and 25 CFU countries were thought to hold the balance of power among the 208 FIFA member nations.

Whistleblowers testified that FIFA vice president Jack Warner, the longtime strongman of Caribbean soccer, told them he advised bin Hammam to bring cash instead of formal gifts to the meeting.

The AFC allegations, concerning bribery and mismanagement of commercial contracts, will block bin Hammam from an immediate return to his office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The AFC imposed a 30-day suspension on him this week. He is also prevented from retaking his seat at FIFA's executive committee table.

Bin Hammam has represented Asia on FIFA's executive committee since 1996. He was elected AFC president in 2002, and was serving his final four-year mandate when the FIFA election scandal rocked soccer.

United Arab Emirates Football Association President Yousuf al-Sarkal called for the AFC to reinstate its leader.

"This is to be fair to the man," al-Sarkal, who is a member of the AFC's executive board, told The Associated Press. "He has gone through enough of allegations and accusations. It's not fair for an individual who has served football in the right way."

Bin Hammam had once been Blatter's close ally and worked as a campaign manager for his previous FIFA election victories in 1998 and 2002.

However, the Qatari official expressed growing frustration in claiming that the now 76-year-old Swiss reneged on promises to step down.

———
AP Sports Writer Mike Casey contributed to this report from Dubai.
———
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 19, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
By GRAHAM DUNBAR
GENEVA abcnews.go.com
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/bin-hammam-wins-appeal-fifa-bribery-case-16810469?singlePage=true#.UAgWCGFfF3U

Sports court lifts Bin Hammam's soccer life ban in FIFA presidential election bribery case
The Associated Press

Former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam won his case against a life ban from soccer on Thursday for allegedly bribing voters during his challenge to Sepp Blatter.

However, the Court of Arbitration for Sport said its panel was not convinced Bin Hammam is innocent of corruption — but it overturned the ban because FIFA failed to find conclusive evidence.

"It is a situation of 'case not proven,' coupled with concern on the part of the Panel that the FIFA investigation was not complete or comprehensive enough to fill the gaps in the record," sport's highest court said in a statement.

Bin Hammam faces new charges of bribery at the Asian Football Confederation, which claimed this week that its president's financial management was revealed in a forensic audit of the governing body's accounts.

FIFA responded to the CAS verdict "with concern", saying it will ask its newly appointed independent prosecutor Michael J. Garcia to re-examine the case.

"The FIFA Ethics Committee will then decide based on the reports and evidence presented to it if any action is required to be taken against Mohamed bin Hammam," FIFA said in a statement.

The panel, which was split 2-1 in his favor, "is not making any sort of affirmative finding of innocence in relation to Mr. Bin Hammam," the court said. "It is more likely than not that Mr. Bin Hammam was the source of the monies that were brought into Trinidad and Tobago" at an election campaign rally in May 2011.

FIFA got evidence from Caribbean whistleblowers who said they were offered $40,000 cash bribes during the 63-year-old Qatari's electioneering visit.

Bin Hammam denied wrongdoing, claiming Blatter helped orchestrate a scandal to guarantee his election victory unopposed a few weeks later.

The ruling Thursday followed a two-day hearing in April at the court in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Bin Hammam, who refused to attend FIFA hearings that enforced the life ban, did not attend or testify. Blatter gave evidence by video link from FIFA headquarters in Zurich.

FIFA's failed prosecution used evidence gathered by an investigations agency led by former FBI director Louis Freeh, which was hired to conduct the probe.

Freeh's team reported that it found "substantial credible evidence that cash was offered to and accepted" by Caribbean Football Union delegates after Bin Hammam made his election pitch at a hotel in Port of Spain.

FIFA's code of ethics prohibits officials receiving any cash gifts, yet Caribbean officials were given brown envelopes stuffed with piles of $100 bills.

On Thursday, the CAS panel published its dissatisfaction with the quality of evidence.

"No efforts were made to trace the source of (the) banknotes that were photographed," the court said. The panel "recognizes that it is possible to infer that the failure of Mr. Bin Hammam to carry out that relatively simple exercise in the course of these proceedings might be explained by the fact that it would have confirmed that he was the source."

Elected to lead Asian soccer in 2002, bin Hammam launched his bid to lead the world governing body last year just months after helping Qatar win 2022 World Cup hosting rights.

Bin Hammam and Blatter were locked in a tight race for the presidency and 25 CFU countries were thought to hold the balance of power among the 208 FIFA member nations.

Whistleblowers testified that FIFA vice president Jack Warner, the longtime strongman of Caribbean soccer, told them he advised bin Hammam to bring cash instead of formal gifts to the meeting.

The AFC allegations, concerning bribery and mismanagement of commercial contracts, will block bin Hammam from an immediate return to his office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The AFC imposed a 30-day suspension on him this week. He is also prevented from retaking his seat at FIFA's executive committee table.

Bin Hammam has represented Asia on FIFA's executive committee since 1996. He was elected AFC president in 2002, and was serving his final four-year mandate when the FIFA election scandal rocked soccer.

United Arab Emirates Football Association President Yousuf al-Sarkal called for the AFC to reinstate its leader.

"This is to be fair to the man," al-Sarkal, who is a member of the AFC's executive board, told The Associated Press. "He has gone through enough of allegations and accusations. It's not fair for an individual who has served football in the right way."

Bin Hammam had once been Blatter's close ally and worked as a campaign manager for his previous FIFA election victories in 1998 and 2002.

However, the Qatari official expressed growing frustration in claiming that the now 76-year-old Swiss reneged on promises to step down.

———
———

??? :o Hold on....but doesn't this whole thing hinge on BinHammam bringing money to bribe? Then if he is cleared of that, or at least they can't conclusively prove that he did that, then doesn't the whole so called "bribery" scandal go away?? What ah missing? Yuh can clear the man who supposedly bringing the money to bribe, but still convict the "bribees"?? And now they want him get reinstated, which to be fair......

This is some crazyness.......LOL

Doesn't this mean that Jack could "rise again"?? Look trouble.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 19, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
By GRAHAM DUNBAR
GENEVA abcnews.go.com

The Associated Press

———
———

??? :o Hold on....but doesn't this whole thing hinge on BinHammam bringing money to bribe? Then if he is cleared of that, or at least they can't conclusively prove that he did that, then doesn't the whole so called "bribery" scandal go away?? What ah missing? Yuh can clear the man who supposedly bringing the money to bribe, but still convict the "bribees"?? And now they want him get reinstated, which to be fair......

This is some crazyness.......LOL

Doesn't this mean that Jack could "rise again"?? Look trouble.
More proof that yuh cyah kill Jackula even when yuh think yuh drive ah stake thru his heart!

Could Jackula raise from the dead again and be more powerful than ever?
Will he officially announce that his real name is Renraw the Prince of Darkness who is also Minister of Nation Insecurity?
What will Andew Jennings have to say or will he suffer a heart attack?
Tune in next week at the same time on this same T&T Channel! :devil:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:13:49 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack on CFU support for FIFA's Blatter as Bin Hammam's ban thrown out
« Reply #777 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:06 PM »
RELATED NEWS

Jack on CFU support for FIFA's Blatter as Bin Hammam's ban thrown out:
By Renuka Singh (T&T Express).

FATHER, FORGIVE THEM

National Security Minister Jack Warner yesterday said he felt "relieved" and vindicated after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) annulled the FIFA-imposed lifetime ban on former FIFA presidential candidate, Mohamed Bin Hammam.

Warner, accompanied by his legal adviser attorney Om Lalla, who is currently a legal member of CAS, spoke on the issue at a media conference at the Ministry of National Security in Temple Court on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain, yesterday.

"I waited a little more than a year for this day and now I feel, not only in a sense relieved, but I feel comforted," Warner said, adding that a few friends, including Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, never lost faith in him during the difficult time.

Warner said if he had not resigned as FIFA vice president in June last year, he too would have been found not guilty by the CAS.

"But I was not prepared to go through this charade," Warner said.

Just over a year ago, both Warner and Bin Hammam were suspended from FIFA after reports alleged that several Caribbean Football Union (CFU) associates were offered bribes of US$40,000 during a meeting at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Port of Spain last May.

Warner and Bin Hammam (who had challenged Sepp Blatter for the FIFA presidency), were accused of giving the bribes to delegates of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU).

No action was taken against Warner as he resigned his executive position while a lifetime ban was imposed against Bin Hammam.

"Very early, I said to you all wait and even today I tell you again, more is coming, so wait, guys, wait," he said.

Warner claimed current FIFA president Sepp Blatter controlled "every rung" of the internal FIFA ladder including the Ethics Committee. He said the only reason he did not stay and fight his case alongside Bin Hammam was because he "could not afford it".

"I felt, therefore, the best course was to leave FIFA alone. Look, I don't even want to go close to FIFA anymore. They send magazines, I don't even read them. I want nothing to do with them," Warner said.

He said in its 108 years of existence, FIFA has never lost an appeal or disciplinary hearing.

"I must go in that?" he asked, adding that FIFA was run on Blatter's hearsay and not by the law.

He said CAS, comprising of three "qualified judges", lifted the ban against Bin Hammam because they found FIFA's evidence to be "insufficient" to convict him.

"When you check that the head of FIFA Ethics Committee is Blatter's good friend and all of them who he hand-picked imposed a ban for life, three qualified judges said it was not so," he said.

"The crime committed in Blatter's eyes was that an opponent (Bin Hammam) was going against him to change the structure of FIFA. That is why I opposed Blatter in the election," he said.

"I was his right-hand man until I said enough was enough," he said.

Warner said he would "never" return to the world of football as long as Blatter sat at its helm.

"I left football, I dust my feet off football a year ago and that is a permanent position," he said.

"I want nothing from football and I do not expect to go back to football in the long term or the short term," he said.

Warner was magnanimous towards the CFU members that took Blatter's side during the height of the split between Blatter and himself.

"When last you hear anything about the CFU? I would say Father forgive them for they know not what they do," he said.

He said the CFU committee did not have the bigger countries under its purview anymore, which was Blatter's way of undermining the voting strength of a regional football confederation.

He predicted that because of this move, regional football had a "dim" future.

He said FIFA's "reprehensible conduct" was becoming "unmasked".

"And I will tell you that no weapon formed against me shall prosper, none whatsoever," he said.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:54:20 AM by Flex »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 20, 2012, 12:17:12 AM »
This is a slightly different version of events. Although the appeal was won, there is strong suspicion of wrongdoing and another example of poor evidence collecting. Note the comments in bold.

(Reuters) - Former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam has won his appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against a life ban from all soccer-related activity over bribery allegations.

However, CAS said the decision did not amount to an "affirmative finding of innocence" for Bin Hammam, saying that FIFA's investigation had not been through enough, and that the case could be re-opened with new evidence.

FIFA said it noted the outcome "with concern".

Qatari Bin Hammam remained suspended from the game after the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), which he previously headed, opened a disciplinary case against their former boss over alleged financial wrongdong earlier this week.

He was banned for 30 days, which was extended to a worldwide ban by FIFA on Wednesday.

"The CAS has upheld Bin Hammam's appeal, annulled the decision rendered by the FIFA Appeal Committee and lifted the life ban imposed on Mr Bin Hammam," the CAS statement read.

Bin Hammam, a former member of FIFA's executive committee, challenged Sepp Blatter for the presidency of soccer's world ruling body last year.

He withdrew his candidacy, and was then provisionally suspended, days before the June election over allegations that he had tried to buy the votes of Caribbean officials by handing them $40,000 each in brown envelopes at a meeting in Port of Spain.

Blatter was subsequently re-elected unopposed for a fourth term as FIFA president, while Bin Hammam was found guilty of breaking seven articles of FIFA's ethics code, including one on bribery.

He was banned for life and subsequently lost an appeal at FIFA. Proceedings against former CONCACAF president Jack Warner, also present at the meeting in Trinidad & Tobago, were dropped after he resigned his post.

CAS said the three-man panel voted 2-1 in Bin Hammam's favor but added that his behavior was "not of the highest ethical standard."

"It is more likely than not that Mr. Bin Hammam was the source of the monies that were brought into Trinidad and Tobago and eventually distributed at the meeting by Mr Warner," said CAS.

"In this way, his conduct, in collaboration with and most likely induced by Mr Warner, may not have complied with the highest ethical standards that should govern the world of football and other sports," said CAS.

"This is all the more so at the elevated levels of football governance at which individuals such as Mr. Bin Hammam and Mr. Warner have operated in the past.

"The Panel therefore wishes to make clear that in applying the law, as it is required to do under the CAS Code, it is not making any sort of affirmative finding of innocence in relation to Mr Bin Hammam.

"It is a situation of 'case not proven', coupled with concern on the part of the Panel that the FIFA investigation was not complete or comprehensive enough to fill the gaps in the record."

CAS added: "In its conclusion, the Panel noted that FIFA was in the process of reforming its ethics committee and that, in the event new evidence relating to the present case was discovered, it would be possible to re-open the case, in order to complete the factual background and to establish if Mr Bin Hamman has committed any violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics."

IMAGE PROBLEM

The decision is a further blow to FIFA, which is struggling to clean up its image after years of corruption allegations.

Last week, court documents were released which showed that former FIFA president Joao Havelange and former executive committee member Ricardo Teixeira took multi-million dollar bribes on World Cup deals in the 1990s.

Earlier this week, FIFA named two renowned crime-fighters from the United States and Germany to head the two divisions of its recently-reformed ethics committee.

FIFA said in its statement: "At FIFA level, all relevant files will now be handed over to the new FIFA Ethics Committee, which will start operating on July 25.

"The FIFA Ethics Committee will then decide based on the reports and evidence presented to it if any action is required to be taken against Mohamed Bin Hammam."

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 20, 2012, 05:21:45 AM »
thank you FS ... and people laughing yes
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>