April 26, 2024, 01:32:05 PM

Author Topic: Who are the neutrals supporting?  (Read 4882 times)

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Who are the neutrals supporting?
« on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:33 AM »
Just wanted to know who the neutrals would support in the Champion's league final. I'm guess a majority for Barca, but thats nothing new :) So, if your a Barca or MANCHESTER UNITED :D fan, stay outta it, Neutrals, who are you backing?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the neutrals supporting?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »
We won't be neutral if we took sides so I backing whoever win!!   ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
 :rotfl: @ the title of the thread just makes no sense.
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »
None...I just going and watch an amazing entertaining game of football.

I hate Manu with a passion...but I hadda back a EPL side vs La Liga.

I ent mind Barca...but they knock we out, we lorse a Final to them  and I still bitter they thief with sending off Van persie.

I ent know which set of fans worse...the now come Barca waggonists who feel they in ting or the damn rabid disrespectful group of Manu imps, the likes of which here in abundance.

Worse yet is to share a space with them on Saturday. I jess cyar handle two setta drunk jackarse braying in a small space....and den they does bring they wife/girlfriend who ent know shit bout ball and the smallies who looking for man does come and ram out the place too talking more shit.

Fire for both of them team yes...may the better team on the day win.

But I feel Manu could win it 1-0 off a corner or a counter attack.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
Messi going Mess them up on Saturday. Look at the magic.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »
None...I just going and watch an amazing entertaining game of football.

I hate Manu with a passion...but I hadda back a EPL side vs La Liga.

I ent mind Barca...but they knock we out, we lorse a Final to them  and I still bitter they thief with sending off Van persie.

I ent know which set of fans worse...the now come Barca waggonists who feel they in ting or the damn rabid disrespectful group of Manu imps, the likes of which here in abundance.

Worse yet is to share a space with them on Saturday. I jess cyar handle two setta drunk jackarse braying in a small space....and den they does bring they wife/girlfriend who ent know shit bout ball and the smallies who looking for man does come and ram out the place too talking more shit.

Fire for both of them team yes...may the better team on the day win.

But I feel Manu could win it 1-0 off a corner or a counter attack.

I goin with Manu for all de same reasons but ah Doh Like dem. I mean I like dem. but ah doh like dem!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
The title (as noted earlier) is a little counterintuitive. Seeing that I hate all teams that aren't Arsenal, but hate United more than Barca it makes my choice easy.

I don't think this game will be the expected Barca blowout though. Barca's midfield dominance might not count for much against a team that doesn't rely on its midfield for attacking thrust. Their typical high line might be the perfect opportunity for a ridiculously fast striker like Chicharito and the Man U wingers will probably get huge amounts of space with Barca's aggressive fullbacks. If they play Park on the left it could blunt a lot of Barca's attacking width as Dani Alves is so intent on attacking, but nobody in world football defends against attacking fullbacks as well as Park. Messi will have to play his deep lying forward role very well as Man U don't really have a great holding midfielder. I think Vidic and Ferdinand could struggle in this game but United can still win. These 2 sides are almost perfectly built to take advantage of each others' weaknesses. I would be very surprised if either team manages a clean sheet.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:06 AM »
Two teams with contrasting styles, should be an interesting matchup. Love the EPL, think its the most exciting league internationally.  Going with Manu...watch Valencia!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »
i backing the referee.. want to see some sending off.. hope buskets gets run over and gets really injured so he dont have to pretend to be.  :devil:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »
I supporting the underdog
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 11:14:18 AM »
I like Barca... but they in desperate need of a comeuppance.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »

thanks!  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

I don't think this game will be the expected Barca blowout though.

I don't think anyone who watches football regularly and understands the game realistically expects a blow out either way.  It can happen of course...either way...but to expect it is to be quite naive in my opinion. 

I'd like to see Barca win it because I think they've been the best team in Europe for the past 3 seasons...I think only 1 European title in this 3 season span of amazing football understates what they have brought to the game.  The stats and history books will do them no justice if they fail to win on Saturday.  On their day they are simply amazing to watch...

On the other hand, Madrid is my favorite squad and despite Man U being the team that everyone loves to hate, you just have to respect them for their achievements....so if Man U run out winners this time around, I won't hate.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 12:11:05 PM »
You're right of course. Both teams are to be respected. I think Inter deserved to beat Barca last year though. However, overall they have indeed been the best team. I hate Man U more because of their history with my side, even though we are developing a history with Barca it won't be as intense.

I don't think this game will be the expected Barca blowout though.

I don't think anyone who watches football regularly and understands the game realistically expects a blow out either way.  It can happen of course...either way...but to expect it is to be quite naive in my opinion. 

I'd like to see Barca win it because I think they've been the best team in Europe for the past 3 seasons...I think only 1 European title in this 3 season span of amazing football understates what they have brought to the game.  The stats and history books will do them no justice if they fail to win on Saturday.  On their day they are simply amazing to watch...

On the other hand, Madrid is my favorite squad and despite Man U being the team that everyone loves to hate, you just have to respect them for their achievements....so if Man U run out winners this time around, I won't hate.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:58 PM »

thanks!  :devil:

He said underdog, not DOG!  :devil:  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »

Your ass doh get sore from sitting on dat fence all de time?

:devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
I think Inter deserved to beat Barca last year though.

Chelsea will feel that they had their number the season before too... So it go.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »

Your ass doh get sore from sitting on dat fence all de time?

:devil:

I like Barca... but they in desperate need of a comeuppance.

:P

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »
barca...wanna see d english cry..doh like dem an dey league

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »
I think people are been mislead with the 2009 Cup Final in Rome. Fletcherinho was not featured in the final b.c of a bad booking he recieved in the other game, not to mention Ronaldo didn't do what he supposed to do in the final itself.

I think United needs to win this to prove that they are a team without the likes of Ronaldo. One thing for sure, with little pea and the return of valencia this cup final is a whole different ball game. Don't be surprised if United trash Barca, remember they are playing them in England.

Don't be against the reds, ask any bayern fan, the outcome can cost you dearly. I hope United beat them and badly too, Barca dont deserve to be the best team, maybe messi should find another club.

Barca have shown time and time again that they will do anything to win a ball game, pay off referees, stupid dives to get players sent off and unsportsman like conduct when they losing eg against inter last season with the sprinklers and that stupid goalie that tried to wrestle jose out of the pitch.

After that, I lost all respect for them. If it wasnt for Cruff/Messi, I'd never watch barca play.

I don't know which is worse, Pep? Bushkets? Alves? Xavi? Inesta? How can anyone like these fags is beyond me.

My best moment was when sniejder walked past Xavi after securing a 3-1 win at the san siro.

I also remember when you guys made a best midfielder in the world thread, men was quick to point to ronaldinho or messi.. and laughed when i said darren was the best.. thats where the nickname fletcherinho came from.. without darren fergie had to use anderson and well barca won the midfield b.c he was all over place trying to score and not shut down the xavi combo.. and we all know what happened...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:35:18 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 09:54:19 PM »
Doh really follow either team, watch a few Barca games this season though because they actually make mih start really loving the game again; though after a while, is the same thing with them over and over again, not too much pure instinct, so FUH ME, sometimes they could get boring, but believe they still the best out there. A great great side to watch play ball.

Manu was the only European team I coulda maybe identify with only because I saw them live as a youth in Trini. Plus at times they actually play decent(not English oldtime boomkick) football. HOWEVER, right here on this site the obnoxious behaviour of some fans turn me off them completely.

BARCA 20 - 0 MANU
Two islands are better than one.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 06:17:59 AM »
:rotfl: @ the title of the thread just makes no sense.

I clicked on this topic to say the same thing..............LOL
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 06:43:10 AM »
the nuetrals backing FIFA!  :rotfl:

the fact the game is in wembley, massive home support for manu (brits will back an english team against foreign opposition the majority of the time, fueled by the schitzo birt press) and that fergie usually gets his finals right with a bit of luck or skill brings it home.
interesting tho that the last time manu were in a champs final they lost to barca when everyone was thinking manu had the edge

its the same team but different, now

who ever has the least nerves on the day will win

if manu win, this will probably overshadow fergie n manu's treble, simply because they win the champs league over the "best team in the world" at wembly and won the league.

however the rest of us need that like Osama needed an extra hole in the head. the level of arrogance manu fans will reach will make most people think the Rapture has finally arrived, if they do win i'd rather be burried at sea

its fair to say the "neutralss" dont want either to win, but would rather if manu didnt win it

(plus in school ground logic< if barca beat manu and arsenal already beat manu and barca, we coulda win the final :devil:  :beermug:  :rotfl:  :beermug:  :rotfl:  :beermug:  :devil: )
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:49:59 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
. interesting tho that the last time manu were in a champs final they lost to barca when everyone was thinking manu had the edge

Interesting that alot consider Barca to be the favorites -most of the people that I talk to think that Man U is going to win... Man U also has the best CL record this year.  Barca's actually is not that great by their standards. 

I think people look at Barca as having the bragging rights based on the last final and hence the upper hand.  But based on this season's Champions League...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
. interesting tho that the last time manu were in a champs final they lost to barca when everyone was thinking manu had the edge
hubris.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »
hubris.

Jah u band from this thread.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 11:54:23 AM »
hubris.

Jah u band from this thread.
think of it this way, if manu lose they wont be ashamed or feel they underachieved
however if barca fail it woul dbe a bigger lose for them

that said, manu have nothing to fear and everything to gain

but i stil want barca to school them  :devil:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 01:30:54 PM »

Interesting that alot consider Barca to be the favorites -most of the people that I talk to think that Man U is going to win... Man U also has the best CL record this year.  Barca's actually is not that great by their standards. 

I think people look at Barca as having the bragging rights based on the last final and hence the upper hand.  But based on this season's Champions League...

Barcelona are odds-on favourites because they win in 2009, Spain win the WC in 2010 and Messi is the best in the World. I don't think you could look at CL run-up because both teams only had one hard tie to be honest. Also Barcelona has generally played within themselves and raised their game only when necessary. Even the loss in the Copa Del Rey.

That being said it is a football game. United have the tools to win but they will need one of them rare performances where everybody perform at their peak and luck favours them.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
BARCA fans remember one thing missing that was an essential part of the catalan side winning in 09 that they no longer have... eto. yes under-rated.. and ofc messi got all the praises but it was that man eto that made barca champions in 09.

United got this. 3-0

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 01:52:12 PM »
Good point. I think Man U struggled more with the movement of both Messi and Eto'o than they would with just Messi.

Can't see a big win by Man U. Not impossible of course but I can't see it. And a clean sheet? I feel it will be close and both teams will score.

BARCA fans remember one thing missing that was an essential part of the catalan side winning in 09 that they no longer have... eto. yes under-rated.. and ofc messi got all the praises but it was that man eto that made barca champions in 09.

United got this. 3-0

1]; } ?>