March 28, 2024, 02:10:54 PM

Author Topic: 2011 NBA Finals Thread  (Read 24040 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 NBA Finals Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 09:35:37 PM »
This is a hell of a 4th qtr. I hope the commish send down the ruling for extra games.  ;)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »
This is a hell of a 4th qtr. I hope the commish send down the ruling for extra games.  ;)

Chandler with 16 boards... right on cue.

Bench step up too... Terry and Stevenson, but they cyah buy ah shot here at the end.  Nowitzski battling thru illness... and just tell Van Gundy tuh shut he pie hole.  "Too early" my left foot.

EDIT:

Was holding mih breath on that Miller shot... arc was perfect, aim was about 4 feet wide.  Heckuva effort by Wade to save that ball to Miller though.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:48:01 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »
Stern give Wade the signal... We need a game 6!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »

Dai'z why Wade went for the dunk with 9 secs left instead ah trying tuh tie it up?  ;)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 09:12:44 AM »

Dai'z why Wade went for the dunk with 9 secs left instead ah trying tuh tie it up?  ;)

The dribble off the foot at the end was a nice touch. Miller could have done better on his last shot. You have to miss more convincingly. Sell it!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
ha ha, all yuh is some real conspiracy theorists yes
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 09:58:35 AM »
Yea Wade did well to get a pass to Miller and get something from his blunder. Miller had time and could've ever dish off to Chalmers on top of the arc but oh well game 6 it is. I wouldn't lie, fans and analysts alike real crucify James this morning on Mike & Mike for his 8 points...ah mean de man didn't shine offensively last night and didn't need to IMO with Wade and Bosh racking up the points. I expect James to come out aggressive next game.

And yes when Love makes it deep into the playoffs, where stars are made, we'll see how good he really is and how his how many redbounds he can pull with intense defenses.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
The dribble off the foot at the end was a nice touch. Miller could have done better on his last shot. You have to miss more convincingly. Sell it!

True talk.... he coulda at least let de ball bounce in de back court first instead ah diving like superman as though he was really trying.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »

True talk.... he coulda at least let de ball bounce in de back court first instead ah diving like superman as though he was really trying.

I mean Miller. The shot was so far off, people might begin to suspect something, if it had at least hit the backboard, it would have been more convincing. Wade make it look good and then Miller didn't even try, spoiling all that good work.

But serious talk though, if anybody had doubts about who the real King of Miami is... Until the meltdown in the 4th. Wade was putting on a show.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
But serious talk though, if anybody had doubts about who the real King of Miami is... Until the meltdown in the 4th. Wade was putting on a show.

I biased because I'm a LeBron fan... but I think people are conveniently overlooking LeBron's other contrbutions in the game.  People ar too mercurial.  Against the Bulls it was LeBron and Bosh taking turns carrying the Heat... all while LeBron was being guarded by the Bulls best defender (Deng), and while guarding the Bulls best player at the end of the game (Rose).  Now all ah sudden to hear folks (not saying you) tell it, LeBron is overrated and can't come up big when it matters.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »

I biased because I'm a LeBron fan... but I think people are conveniently overlooking LeBron's other contrbutions in the game.  People ar too mercurial.  Against the Bulls it was LeBron and Bosh taking turns carrying the Heat... all while LeBron was being guarded by the Bulls best defender (Deng), and while guarding the Bulls best player at the end of the game (Rose).  Now all ah sudden to hear folks (not saying you) tell it, LeBron is overrated and can't come up big when it matters.

Lebron carried the Heat in both the Celtics and Bulls series. I think is just a case that either Wade was conserving his energy for the Finals or Dallas does not have the 1 v 1 defenders that he saw in the earlier rounds.
I want Lebron to win a ring just to spite Barkley.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »
People just getting carried away because Lebron wasn't himself the past two games, more so last night. Even though he may not have had the stats to show it, if you watched the game you would've seen is defending was on point and his passes were on the money esp in transition.
I'll give the Dallas coaching staff credit in designing a defensive zone strategy to keep him in check, they might've stifled lebron but it opened up holes for Wade to exploit. Also for all the garbage ppl (not on here)were speaking about Stevenson shutting down Lebron, this is the first time I could ever remember Stevenson having a good game against him and this is going back to when he played with the Wizards with Arenas vs the Cavs. And no, I'm not a Heat supporter just a neutral fan of this series, which has been a damn good one thus far :beermug:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »

Lebron carried the Heat in both the Celtics and Bulls series. I think is just a case that either Wade was conserving his energy for the Finals or Dallas does not have the 1 v 1 defenders that he saw in the earlier rounds.
I want Lebron to win a ring just to spite Barkley.

As they say, is all about match ups. Dallas lets Wade get free - or maybe he's just showing why he's a former Finals MVP. I think is sad, that what he did in the last 3 games is upstaged a bit by the constant Lebron talk. The man was a beast last night (until he get the signal)

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »

As they say, is all about match ups. Dallas lets Wade get free - or maybe he's just showing why he's a former Finals MVP. I think is sad, that what he did in the last 3 games is upstaged a bit by the constant Lebron talk. The man was a beast last night (until he get the signal)
[/quote]

True...Wade had an magnificent game yet again and he does deserve credit for his performance.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »

Truth is that Dallas have to pick their poison... they don't have the horses to run with the Heat, and specifically don't have the defenders to guard both LeBron and Wade.  Now, I give Kidd a TON of credit, the job he's doing on James should not be overlooked.  Fact is though that I haven't really seen the Heat looking to go to James... hard to when he's the one initiating the offense from up top.  Wade is looking to be aggressive, and most of his shots are coming in the paint.  Two bo' rat cyah occupy the same hole, so if Wade looking to drive LeBron can't take his defender in there to further clog up the lane.  As a result, Wade either getting buckets or kicking it out.. to LeBron.  Problem is that many of the kickouts come with time winding down on the clock so LeBron ends up putting up a rushed shot.  That affects your rhythym and confidence when you start shooting rushed bricks at the end of the shot clock time after time.  That's the main reason why he's in the mini-slump he's in.

All that said, he had 23 pts in Game 1, 20 in Game 2, 17 in Game 3 and 8 last night... for an average of 17pts per game.  To go along with 7 boards, 6 assists and 2 steals per game in the Finals.  You'd swear he was pulling a Carlos Boozer, to listen to the histrionics in the press.  I wouldn't even give Dallas credit for keeping him in check... he's just missing shots. 

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
my money on dallas.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »
my money on dallas.

This have 2 b Armagedon we bckin d same side.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »
winner of tonight's game gets two chances on what is close to a neutral court.

giggsy11

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »
Chris Bosh and Snoop are twins seperated at birth.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »
Let's go Dallas. ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
This is funny to type, But Dwayne Wade need help. Dallas reducing the Big 3 to the Big 1. is almost like they letting wade score until he bun, but starving Bosh and Lebron.

Chandler playing like a man possessed.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »
The Heat might have let the clock run down too far there. Down 6 with more time if you foul. Down 7 now with 33 seconds left. Is all about the clock now.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »
It would be interesting to see a breakdown of what Dallas does at the end of the 4th to go on these runs. Miami have been stifled scoring-wise in every game in this series.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »
OK Dallas good win close it off in game 6.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »
What de jail is dis again?
Again Miami was weak in the 4th quarter.  WE did that to the Bulls, it sucks to have the tables turned on us.
Real good series.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
It would be interesting to see a breakdown of what Dallas does at the end of the 4th to go on these runs. Miami have been stifled scoring-wise in every game in this series.
Great insight after all the games: http://nbaplaybook.com/

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 11:26:57 PM »
Dallas take a king with no ring and turn him into a queen. On Sunday the front of his jersey reads P.T.A = please turn around,the back reads queen. Well.. the queen's team has arrive. ha,ha..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:34:10 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 11:40:23 PM »
winner of tonight's game gets two chances on what is close to a neutral court.

Hahaa... what yuh saying about de Miami fans lol

Anyways... I know more LeBron hate and criticism coming down the pike but only a superficial analysis will leave anybody with the notion that LeBron "disappeared" in the 4th again. It's really on the coach. When Wade was in the locker room getting treated what offense did they run??? LeBron on the box, set after set. Wade comes back and starts dominating the ball, driving and getting to the line every possession... or passing to a cutting big man... what's LeBron supposed to do... fight the ball out of Wade's hand?

Wade is playing the Alpha male by dominating the ball... it's Spoelstra's job to run sets for LeBron just as he did when they didn't know if Wade would come back. Had Wade not come back we'd be singing a different song because it would have been all LeBron.  There's only one ball and unless the coach calls plays involving LeBron (or even featuring him, like they did in the 3rd) then that leaves it up to LeBron to go to Wade and demand the ball from him.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2011, 07:42:48 AM »
ah wuh de conspiracy men to tell mih how dis ting go end
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »
Hahaa... what yuh saying about de Miami fans lol

Anyways... I know more LeBron hate and criticism coming down the pike but only a superficial analysis will leave anybody with the notion that LeBron "disappeared" in the 4th again. It's really on the coach. When Wade was in the locker room getting treated what offense did they run??? LeBron on the box, set after set. Wade comes back and starts dominating the ball, driving and getting to the line every possession... or passing to a cutting big man... what's LeBron supposed to do... fight the ball out of Wade's hand?

Wade is playing the Alpha male by dominating the ball... it's Spoelstra's job to run sets for LeBron just as he did when they didn't know if Wade would come back. Had Wade not come back we'd be singing a different song because it would have been all LeBron.  There's only one ball and unless the coach calls plays involving LeBron (or even featuring him, like they did in the 3rd) then that leaves it up to LeBron to go to Wade and demand the ball from him.

I understand your points and LeBron played facilitator and deflected to Wade. But 11 4th quarter pts in this series - not good enough and LeBron will tell you that too.

1]; } ?>