March 28, 2024, 08:09:33 AM

Author Topic: 2011 NBA Finals Thread  (Read 24032 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 NBA Finals Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2011, 08:31:37 AM »
ah wuh de conspiracy men to tell mih how dis ting go end
dallas winning and mark cuban hugging the refs and david stern

truetrini

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2011, 08:38:54 AM »
I saw Le Bron in Miami and said:  Hey Le Bron can I have some change?

He said yeah bro..and he gace me 75 cents.

I said what the f**k Le Bron, all that dough you making and you give a MAN 75 CENTS, CAN i AT LEAST GET A DOLLAR?

HE TURNED TO ME AND SAID SORRY BRO..i DON'T HAVE A 4TH qUARTER!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »
That is a boss site Bakes. Very heavy on individual plays and match-ups though, less on overall strategy.

Miami doesn't really have and offensive setup right now to allow the big three to be a true triple-threat. Maybe Riley should have coached  ::)

Still trying to figure out how Dallas is able to make the points dry up in the 4th qtr. That's 4 games in a row they've been able to switch off Miami's offence. When it happens is a strategic decision, but even though Miami know's it's coming, they don't seem to have any answer.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 11:28:21 AM »
That is a boss site Bakes. Very heavy on individual plays and match-ups though, less on overall strategy.

Miami doesn't really have and offensive setup right now to allow the big three to be a true triple-threat. Maybe Riley should have coached  ::)

Still trying to figure out how Dallas is able to make the points dry up in the 4th qtr. That's 4 games in a row they've been able to switch off Miami's offence. When it happens is a strategic decision, but even though Miami know's it's coming, they don't seem to have any answer.

Excuse me :)

Down the stretch isn't really about strategy as much as it is about execution of set plays. And Dallas has been good at them all season and continue to be good at them. When you have Dirk and can spread the floor with shooters and have well-practiced set plays, it's tough on the defense.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »

Down the stretch isn't really about strategy as much as it is about execution of set plays. And Dallas has been good at them all season and continue to be good at them. When you have Dirk and can spread the floor with shooters and have well-practiced set plays, it's tough on the defense.

Yessir  dallas drawing up different zone defences....the video coordinator from the heat cyah match it, he have the talent on his team but like he eh know how to use dem

Who is de ole fellah dat does flex the bow ties behind miami bench?...ah make out bob mcadoo but ah cah figure out who he is?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
That old guy in the bow tie, I think is a former assistant coach of the Houston Rockets when they won 2 championships and now he's with Miami. He's always very stylish and dresses up as if he's a player or even pimp. Never knew his name but always seen him on the bench.

Anyway Dallas do have plays in the 4th where they stretch the court to draw defensive players out by moving the ball outside the 3pt line, running picks and most importantly hitting their shots. They execute well and have been doing so throughout the playoffs. Miami does well to stay in the game but they become stagnant in the final 3-4 mins. Lack of experience maybe??? Who knows but they have to design some better plays to get points in the paint intead for jacking up shots in the end of the game.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
LeBron basketball IQ is still very low and from game 2 on you can see as much. Game 4 showed perfectly how LeBron cannot/is not at the next level. Wade took the game to the next level and LeBron could not match it, so he had to be a role player and look on.

With Wade out for Game 5 at a crucial juncture, LeBron again could not maintain the level of the game that Wade had elevated it to. Maybe in a couple years he will get there, but this series has shown that 1) He can never be better than MJ or Kobe and 2) that LeBron needed Wade more than Wade needed Lebron.

If Miami are to move on and win this thing it will be inspite of "King" James.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »

Hard luck dey, Sorry.

Boss Site. :salute:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »
That old guy in the bow tie, I think is a former assistant coach of the Houston Rockets when they won 2 championships and now he's with Miami. He's always very stylish and dresses up as if he's a player or even pimp. Never knew his name but always seen him on the bench.

Anyway Dallas do have plays in the 4th where they stretch the court to draw defensive players out by moving the ball outside the 3pt line, running picks and most importantly hitting their shots. They execute well and have been doing so throughout the playoffs. Miami does well to stay in the game but they become stagnant in the final 3-4 mins. Lack of experience maybe??? Who knows but they have to design some better plays to get points in the paint intead for jacking up shots in the end of the game.

Dat "old guy" is Keith Askins.. and he go cuss allyuh fuh calling him "old".  He was part of the late 90s Heat teams that used to tussle with the Knicks.  He was their defensive stopper back in the day and if I remember correctly he's a member of the NOI, hence the bow tie.

LeBron basketball IQ is still very low...

I hope you realize you on ah island by yuhself in de entire basketball world (Cleveland excepted) on that one, eh?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:06:54 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »

Dat "old guy" is Keith Askins.. and he go cuss allyuh fuh calling him "old".  He was part of the late 90s Heat teams that used to tussle with the Knicks.  He was their defensive stopper back in the day and if I remember correctly he's a member of the NOI, hence the bow tie.

LeBron basketball IQ is still very low...

I hope you realize you on ah island by yuhself in de entire basketball world (Cleveland excepted) on that one, eh?

As always, I don't know what I talking about. Guess I will have to stay on that Island by myself. While D.Wade trying hard to win a game, LBJ trying to indulge him in Children games *cough* *cough*  Deflecting his shortcoming with some comical theatrics.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
As always, I don't know what I talking about. Guess I will have to stay on that Island by myself. While D.Wade trying hard to win a game, LBJ trying to indulge him in Children games *cough* *cough*  Deflecting his shortcoming with some comical theatrics.

Fella I never tell yuh yuh doh know that yuh talking about, that is insecurity whispering in yuh ears not me... I just telling you that you (and his detractors) would be the only ones who follow this game to say LeBron James doesn't have a high basketball IQ.  You can see it in how he reads and plays the game... the passes he makes, the way he gets teammates involved offensively... his defensive understanding and positioning are incredible.  Not to say that he's perfect... it is clear he still needs to work on certain things, but to question his baskeball IQ... you'd have to come with some really convincing proof to convince any objective person of that.

Your criticism of the "*cough* *cough*" incident is also revealing... you say that James using that to deflect his shortcoming... when in fact it's Wade who instigated it (blown out of proportion as it is).  James clearly is going to be criticized no matter what he does.  He clowns with teammates in Cleveland and take some imaginary pictures before games... he immature and not taking the game serious enough.  Walk off the court against Orlando two years ago without shaking hands... he unsportsmanly.  Lose against Boston last year... he quit.  Win against Boston this year.. he celebrate too much.  Playfully jab Wade in the abs against Dallas in Game 3... he celebrate too early.  Struggle in Game 4... he invisible in the clutch.  Have a triple-double in Game 5... not enough, he need to do more.  He baskeball IQ low... he deflecting.

When you really listen to the criticism you see that is just petty gripe after petty gripe.  But that comes with the territory... when it's all said and done,  and barring injuries or something else unforeseen, he'll emerge in the end as one of the greatest ever.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2011, 05:39:26 AM »
Serious cold front on de east coast, wonder when de heat coming back  ???
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2011, 10:02:42 AM »

Heat in Miami all now  ;D

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2011, 02:41:36 PM »

Fella I never tell yuh yuh doh know that yuh talking about, that is insecurity whispering in yuh ears not me... I just telling you that you (and his detractors) would be the only ones who follow this game to say LeBron James doesn't have a high basketball IQ.  You can see it in how he reads and plays the game... the passes he makes, the way he gets teammates involved offensively... his defensive understanding and positioning are incredible.  Not to say that he's perfect... it is clear he still needs to work on certain things, but to question his baskeball IQ... you'd have to come with some really convincing proof to convince any objective person of that.

Your criticism of the "*cough* *cough*" incident is also revealing... you say that James using that to deflect his shortcoming... when in fact it's Wade who instigated it (blown out of proportion as it is).  James clearly is going to be criticized no matter what he does.  He clowns with teammates in Cleveland and take some imaginary pictures before games... he immature and not taking the game serious enough.  Walk off the court against Orlando two years ago without shaking hands... he unsportsmanly.  Lose against Boston last year... he quit.  Win against Boston this year.. he celebrate too much.  Playfully jab Wade in the abs against Dallas in Game 3... he celebrate too early.  Struggle in Game 4... he invisible in the clutch.  Have a triple-double in Game 5... not enough, he need to do more.  He baskeball IQ low... he deflecting.

When you really listen to the criticism you see that is just petty gripe after petty gripe.  But that comes with the territory... when it's all said and done,  and barring injuries or something else unforeseen, he'll emerge in the end as one of the greatest ever.

Me I eh insecure. I don't know much about basketball other than LeBron can NEVER be better than Kobe. Man all them excuse for someone who suppose to be KING of the NBA. The fella eh do nothing in this finals, Wade been the man setting the pace and getting things done. Is either you are good or you are not. Talk and Hype can only get you so far.

We will see tonight.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »

Heat in Miami all now  ;D

I eh so sure nah bro  :beermug:  Still early doh, 2+ qtrs to go
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »
The ITCZ move north, plenty rain, the heat getting cool off.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »
She warming up....

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
ah tell allyuh meh money on dallas.....dirk deserve this championship
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2011, 08:43:43 PM »
Where Bakes, the fella don't have it in him. Let me hear excuses now.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ttV49VF2sFU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ttV49VF2sFU</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
Taxi for the Heat! Alright Mavs! Well done, and well deserved!  :applause: :applause: :applause: The Heat went out with a whimper.......no heart!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:00:17 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
DALLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CAVS 4 MAVS partying as I type.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
Poor Wade was unable to carry Bosh and James tonite. He must be wondering what the arse he get himself into with dem two. It seem like both of them was waiting for Wade to take over and win the game. Useless!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
LeBron basketball IQ is still very low and from game 2 on you can see as much. Game 4 showed perfectly how LeBron cannot/is not at the next level. Wade took the game to the next level and LeBron could not match it, so he had to be a role player and look on.

With Wade out for Game 5 at a crucial juncture, LeBron again could not maintain the level of the game that Wade had elevated it to. Maybe in a couple years he will get there, but this series has shown that 1) He can never be better than MJ or Kobe and 2) that LeBron needed Wade more than Wade needed Lebron.

Poor Wade was unable to carry Bosh and James tonite. He must be wondering what the arse he get himself into with dem two. It seem like both of them was waiting for Wade to take over and win the game. Useless!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »
Where was the heat tonight  ??? they were cold
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2011, 09:25:32 PM »
Congrats Mavs :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »

James went to Miami so he wouldn't have to take on the responsibility of being the man. So this showing shouldn't be a surprise. As much as I don't like him Kobe is an assasin whereas James is the lookout man for the assasin.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »

wade have the most heart...if he had go chicago i bet u he woulda have another ring now, b/c that chicago team full of heart (noah) and heart and talent (rose)

i am a knicks fan but as usual i grew to love a team in this playoffs--the mavs. i am glad j kidd and nowitzki get a ring, dem fellas classy, real understated, unassuming guys.  in this game 6 when i see the mavs winning half time and 3rd quarter i say, hm they not losing.   terry come out with guns blazing tonight, barea real get on too...(is he the 1st boricua to win a ring??)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »
well deserved win for mavs especially kidd, nowitzki, terry and carlisle.

heat is still my favorite to take it next year until my bulls ready to takeover if we can find a scorer to relieve the pressure on rose.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
I doh have time fuh de bandwaggonist Mavs fans who now finding dey voice to criticize LeBron right now... he will have many more opportunities to come.  Time to leave the spotlight where it properly belongs, on the Dallas Mavs.  Extremely happy for my boy Dirk, more than anything.  Happy still for Kidd, Terry, Chandler... man like Brendan Haywood and Caron Butler... and de Boricua Barea... on National Puerto Rican Parade Day no less!!  After party still jumping in Manhattan.

Then there's Mark Cuban... validating my support of and faith in him.

- 13 Fines for keeping the NBA honest about its officiating: $1,665,000

- 4-year contract to keep your German All-Star in Dallas: $80,000,000

- Winning the first NBA Championship in franchise history... and insisting that franchise founder Donald Carter share in the moment: Priceless

For some NBA teams there are owners who try and pretend they're above it all, for the rest of us, there's MC... Mark Cuban!

1]; } ?>