March 28, 2024, 10:52:07 AM

Author Topic: 2011 NBA Finals Thread  (Read 24035 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 NBA Finals Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »

Dat will stop when he stop behavin like a drama queen. 2 say people have 2 go back 2 dey pitiful life while he goes back 2 his gr8 life eh go gain him any brownie pts.

WIN or SHUT UP

He said that?  When?

Like I said... doh let facts get in the way of allyuh irrational criticism.

check de post-game interview. this all over the news.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2011, 09:38:13 AM »

Dat will stop when he stop behavin like a drama queen. 2 say people have 2 go back 2 dey pitiful life while he goes back 2 his gr8 life eh go gain him any brownie pts.

WIN or SHUT UP

He said that?  When?

“At the end of the day,” LeBron said after the game, “all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they’ll have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today, and I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do.”

Not sure how Lebron supporters can spin that.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »
Miami Heat lookin like Real Madrid's galacticos.  It will take a while to get it right, but most likely the championships will come.
I was here for the 2006 win and I hope I can witness another one.

Lebron is kicks yes.  Send him to summer camp let him mature a little bit.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »

WIN or SHUT UP

He said that?  When?

“At the end of the day,” LeBron said after the game, “all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they’ll have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today, and I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do.”

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WIN or SHUT UP

He said that?  When?

Did I use"" neva said I was quotin d fella verbatim but that is what his statement meant.

Compare his post gamne interview 2 Wade and Bosh where they talk bout we but he keep talkin bout I. D sayin there is no I in team has been lost on him.
Miami Heat lookin like Real Madrid's galacticos.  It will take a while to get it right, but most likely the championships will come.
I was here for the 2006 win and I hope I can witness another one.

Lebron is kicks yes.  Send him to summer camp let him mature a little bit.

Exactly same reason cyah back Real. Doh like team super teams that assemble just 2 win. Build a team and win it all.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »
Ah sight he 'arch nemesis' Stephenson wearin a juzzy that say
"Hey Lebron how does my Dirk taste"......,,,,,,cold blooded :D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2011, 11:50:17 AM »

WIN or SHUT UP

He said that?  When?

No need to spin anything. That is an honest and true statement.

Millions of people want you to fail at your job and at one of the most disappointing moments of your career, after a year of constant criticism, you get asked a question that paraphrases to "so how does it feel to know that people will be happy that you failed?". That is actually very mild for an honest response.

Lakers get Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. Kevin McHale giftwrap KG for the Celtics. But everybody hate LeBron for going Miami. Anybody ever check the rosters for them old Celtics and Lakers teams?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2011, 12:47:02 PM »
I think Lebron should just avoid the media after this. When you're on the top they sing your high praises but when you fail, they can be very cruel. He should just do like what Kobe did and stay out of the public eye for a while and let his game do the talking next season, none of the gallerying or flashy expressions after a big play, just do what it take to help the team. Turn down every damn interview when reporters ask.

It would be funny to hear what kind of response Charles Barkley would've gave if asked that question in a similar situation back in his day....ESPN would've have to take an impromptu commercial break after Sir Charles start to cuss way everybody and dey mudda.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »

WIN or SHUT UP

He said that?  When?

No need to spin anything. That is an honest and true statement.

Millions of people want you to fail at your job and at one of the most disappointing moments of your career, after a year of constant criticism, you get asked a question that paraphrases to "so how does it feel to know that people will be happy that you failed?". That is actually very mild for an honest response.

Lakers get Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. Kevin McHale giftwrap KG for the Celtics. But everybody hate LeBron for going Miami. Anybody ever check the rosters for them old Celtics and Lakers teams?

Apples and oranges dem comparissons. Not 2 mention Gasol was not able 2 walk into LA and get a ring. So y should Lebron oh yes I 4got he is d KINGGGGGGGGG. Rodney King probably because he was beaten up and d world saw.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »

Thank you Capt. Obvious.

Appreciate the quote... but I am well aware of what was said and nowhere did he say the things attributed to him by Weary.  If anything it is his detractors who are trying to spin this into a condescending sneer at his critics.  There are different ways to interpret what he said, but in itself it's a factual and innocuous statement and there's no need to "spin" anything as daryn say.  Rooting for him to fail isn't going to change people's lives so why are they expending all that energy?  The most they will get from it is some kinda fleeting satisfaction... then you go back to whatever your existence was, rich, sorry or indifferent. *shrug*

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »
I think Lebron should just avoid the media after this. When you're on the top they sing your high praises but when you fail, they can be very cruel. He should just do like what Kobe did and stay out of the public eye for a while and let his game do the talking next season, none of the gallerying or flashy expressions after a big play, just do what it take to help the team. Turn down every damn interview when reporters ask.

Nah yuh mad or what... if he start tuh act like he even boycotting de media is now self they go be calling him all kinda "childish" and "immature"... like he not human and supposed to keep smiling in the face of people who trying to undermine him or sell stories at his expense.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »
Appreciate the quote... but I am well aware of what was said and nowhere did he say the things attributed to him by Weary.  If anything it is his detractors who are trying to spin this into a condescending sneer at his critics.  There are different ways to interpret what he said, but in itself it's a factual and innocuous statement and there's no need to "spin" anything as daryn say.  Rooting for him to fail isn't going to change people's lives so why are they expending all that energy?  The most they will get from it is some kinda fleeting satisfaction... then you go back to whatever your existence was, rich, sorry or indifferent. *shrug*
Isn't that all of sports? Sports doesn't change our lives. Yet we have a forum here and discuss it and some people check and post everyday. By that measure any athlete can just dismissively say that. Why he mention personal problems? Sports is about people rooting for you and against you. When he wins, does he tell his fans factually that this is a fleeting satisfaction and you will have to go back to your lives and personal problems tomorrow? Because it's equally true then.

That statement is far from innocuous in my opinion. But I done with Lebron talk. I just happy for my Mavs

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2011, 01:56:45 PM »

Thank you Capt. Obvious.

my bad. ah cyah tell when yuh oblivious or just uninformed. is a good ting yuh both most of de time.  ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »
Isn't that all of sports? Sports doesn't change our lives. Yet we have a forum here and discuss it and some people check and post everyday. By that measure any athlete can just dismissively say that. Why he mention personal problems? Sports is about people rooting for you and against you. When he wins, does he tell his fans factually that this is a fleeting satisfaction and you will have to go back to your lives and personal problems tomorrow? Because it's equally true then.

That statement is far from innocuous in my opinion. But I done with Lebron talk. I just happy for my Mavs

ENT but then again me eh know what innocuous mean. I now getting ready to go to school in August. Dey eh my Mavs but I happy 4 dem.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »

Apples and oranges dem comparissons. Not 2 mention Gasol was not able 2 walk into LA and get a ring. So y should Lebron oh yes I 4got he is d KINGGGGGGGGG. Rodney King probably because he was beaten up and d world saw.

A few things
1. What is so different about those situations and this one? Every single team in the league is putting together a team just to win. Nobody rebuilding slowly because it's the right thing to do.

In any case the NBA salary cap prevents the assembling of any clearly superior super team.

2. it have no "should" in getting rings. Their job is to play hard and they all want the ring. People assigning all kinda morality based on cliches in the media about a man they've never meet. If LBJ had ever won a ring in Cleveland it woulda be with the weakest supporting cast in league history. Some people lucky enough to be drafted by a team w other great players (Kobe, Jordan, Bird, Magic...) and other people have to move to find that (Shaq, Drexler, LeBron,...).
Sports is for entertainment and appreciation. The tone of the criticism of LeBron is unnecessarily nasty.

3. There is nothing wrong with comparing apples and oranges. In fact oranges are a very natural thing to compare apples to.  Just hours ago I was in the cafeteria at my workplace and I made the choice to have an apple with my breakfast instead of an orange. Seriously.

giggsy11

« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »
Lebron needs tuh humble he self and stop acting like he reach, work on his overall game so he can at least get close enough to Jordan's jock tuh get a sniff. Talent alone will not lead to championships.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »
When yuh check it, de media need stories, is not enuff Dallas, Kidd, and Dirk win dey 1st championship, need to sensationalize de Mia loss as well.  For a team jus thrown together, they did well in their 1st season, they still have alot to figure out, as an outsider doh look like their roles are completed figured out and their lack of a half court game stifles their offense.

Havin said that and not having met LBJ, doh strike me as more cocky than my franchise player and he was so since before he geh a ring.  Will still say LBJ's biggest challenge is mental strength, you need it when you are very talented, there will always be naysayers
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2011, 06:00:22 PM »

Yes that is all of sports, but the level of vitriol being directed at LeBron James is unlike anything we seen in sports, certainly in recent times... maybe Jack Johnson can relate, but that's about it.  The personal animosity seems directed.  All fanbases have villains, but the vilification of James has a distinctly personal tinge to it and that is specifically what it appears to be that he was addressing.  You say the statement "far from innocuous" and I'm sure you believe what you believe.  But the man clarified his intent today.

"Basically I was saying at the end of the day this season is over and -- with all hatred -- everyone else has to move on with their lives, good or bad. I do too," James said.

"It wasn't saying I'm superior or better than anyone else, any man or woman on this planet, I'm not. I would never ever look at myself bigger than anyone who watched our game. It may have come off wrong but that wasn't my intent."

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2011, 06:19:31 PM »
A few things
1. What is so different about those situations and this one? Every single team in the league is putting together a team just to win. Nobody rebuilding slowly because it's the right thing to do.

Like yuh ent make out the Clippers and the Wizards...  ::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2011, 07:27:30 PM »
as far as I see the man make one mistake in this whole saga and even that I would have to say is just as much on Pat Riley as on him i.e. the hype concert where he say that the games going to be easy once they go up against each other in practice. Even the thing when he say he expect multiple championships is really just par for the course. Shaq predict a championship when he went Miami too; nobody eh say anything. European footballers does make similar proclamations when they get introduced to the fans.
 The organization shoulda never put him in a situation where he answering questions off the cuff in front of a stadium full of ecstatic fans.

For years I was hearing about how Lebron 2010 decision is news. Multiple NBA franchises based all their other personnel decisions on the probability that they could sign LeBron in 2010. After all the hype the man decide to make his announcement a news event. ESPN was glad to do it and lots of people watch, now LBJ is the villain in the piece?

People want to fall back on "oh, it's the way he went about it that have people mad" but the more I observe the level of hate for the man the more implausible that argument becomes. High school football players does make their NCAA signing day announcements live on the same ESPN.

I spend copious amounts of time and energy following the NBA and I never hear LBJ say he better than Jordan or Kobe or Dwade or whoever.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:31:15 PM by daryn »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2011, 08:25:28 PM »
I spend copious amounts of time and energy following the NBA and I never hear LBJ say he better than Jordan or Kobe or Dwade or whoever.

You have time with some ah these people?  James even went so far as to switch his jersey from #23 to #6, saying that the NBA should retire Jordan's number.  And even that he get criticize for, by some idiots who say if he honoring MJ by the switch he disrespecting Dr. J, b/c that is his old number.  Lol, madness.

It's funny to me that people criticizing him for deferring too much to this teammates and yet knocking him for being "cocky and arrogant" in the same breath.  He cocky and mentally-weak at the same time... figure that out one.  James has always been a humble dude, that and his level-headedness is what really make me start to appreciate the fella.  So what he have "Chosen One" tattoed on his arm?  That mean's he egoistic? steups.  People calling him "King James" since high school... is not he give himself the nickname.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:27:07 PM by Bakes »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2011, 07:04:50 AM »
A few things

Like yuh ent make out the Clippers and the Wizards...  ::)

:D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »
as far as I see the man make one mistake in this whole saga and even that I would have to say is just as much on Pat Riley as on him i.e. the hype concert where he say that the games going to be easy once they go up against each other in practice. Even the thing when he say he expect multiple championships is really just par for the course. Shaq predict a championship when he went Miami too; nobody eh say anything. European footballers does make similar proclamations when they get introduced to the fans.
 The organization shoulda never put him in a situation where he answering questions off the cuff in front of a stadium full of ecstatic fans.

For years I was hearing about how Lebron 2010 decision is news. Multiple NBA franchises based all their other personnel decisions on the probability that they could sign LeBron in 2010. After all the hype the man decide to make his announcement a news event. ESPN was glad to do it and lots of people watch, now LBJ is the villain in the piece?

People want to fall back on "oh, it's the way he went about it that have people mad" but the more I observe the level of hate for the man the more implausible that argument becomes. High school football players does make their NCAA signing day announcements live on the same ESPN.

Matters not who strted d 3 ring circus but it was a 3 ring circus announcing on espn that u signing wit x is different from dissing x 2 go and sign wit y. D stadium ting is nutten as compared 2 d announcement. He must say he comin 2 win championships what else he would have said.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »
Face it, the NBA is basking in this publicity. TV ratings are up, fan interest has risen tremendously and all because of Lebron/Miami. Everybody and dey mother have dey two cents to add.
I have never seen an athlete's words and actions twisted and morphed into constant negativity.
I know he is an athlete and it "comes with the territory" but I wonder what type of ridicule his kids go through on a day to day basis.  :(
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »
LeBron and his marketing team put him in that situation, so who needs to deal with it? To tell me the fan that I have to go back to my life with my problem epitomizes the mental capacity yuh dealing with. Then he come back couple days later with some spin to say he mean something else :bs:  Very child-like.

This is PROFESSIONAL sports, not college, amatuer or High School, PROFESSIONAL. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is who won the championship > results.

Remember this :bs:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9BqUBYaHlM&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e9BqUBYaHlM&amp;feature=related</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:54 PM »
This is PROFESSIONAL sports, not college, amatuer or High School, PROFESSIONAL. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is who won the championship > results.

In one fell swoop you have belittled every single team's contribution besides the champions.
Classy!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2011, 04:34:39 PM »
Ah sight he 'arch nemesis' Stephenson wearin a juzzy that say
"Hey Lebron how does my Dirk taste"......,,,,,,cold blooded :D

Was that before or after he was getting outta jail?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »

In one fell swoop you have belittled every single team's contribution besides the champions.
Classy!

Let's all hold hands and skip down the Yellow brick road. SMH

As much as LBJ did not belittle us poor folk or non superstar folks.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
imagine the heat lose and lebron is the most popular topic whil dirk and de mavs are side stories.

here is my take.

lebron statement is the truth and i dont see anything that is fundamentally wrong with it.

should he have said it?  NO....u wouldnt hear MJ or tim duncan saying what he said.
however lebron is young age wise but nba experience of 8 years makes sort of old enough but he has time to mature.  look at kobe, he has toned down a bit over the years.  his statement makes u wonder what he thinks about his fans?  he should remember that most of the ppl who hating him now are cavs fans, they same ppl who made him rich for 7 years.  so his comment can be viewed as wrong based on that fact.

his statement could be interpreted several ways and of course the press would run with the worse interpretation.

does he deserve the criticism?  NO

does de heat deserve a beatdown?  Yes

why? they promise 8 titles in their stupid party/free agent conference.

will lebron be better than MJ?  it is possible

will it happen?  i doubt.

he is the most talented player in the league but kobe and wade are still better than him right now

at the end of the day i doh care because as lebron said, my life is the same after the finals as it was before the finals.  ppl need to to leave the man alone because he is free to make DECISIONS about his own life and we are free to do the same in ours.

the same way kenwyne jones choose to lock off this website.  he made a DECISION and it is his life.

fans need to know when to draw the line and leave the athletes business alone.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:51:13 PM by Nightmare »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2011, 06:58:53 PM »
Kenwyne do even worse than LeBron... "The Decision" doesn't even compare to refusing to put on yuh uniform and go out and represent the club, as Kenwyne did in forcing a transfer from Southampton.  Leh we eh even bother going into what happen in Nashville 3 years ago, or get into the fact that some of the same people who was defending KJ in here now cussing LJ.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
Let this ball jumbie put in his 2 sense nah. Honestly I both happy and sad. I wanted Miami to win so that it would shut up LBJ detractors. Yes he should have been more sensitive when he made the move. But he gave Cleveland everything he got for 6 yrs. He was no locho. So he deserved to make a move that he thought was right for him. Also like to point out the hipocracy about Wade, Bosh and LBJ being a high money make up team. Like someone mentioned, Boston, LA and NY being doing that for years and the media would be in a joy. But who is Miami to go for all them superstars.

I really happy for Dirk and Kidd. Them fellas real good. I like watching them play. After seeing men like karl Malone, Patrick Uwing, Albert King, David Thompson, George Gerving, ok Charles Barkley not winning a ring after all their toil, I really glad for them 2. LBJ, Keep your head high, stay out of trouble and hopefully you will win one. You did not diss you fans with your comments, you dissed the detractors. Who deserved to be dissed. .......Morons!!!!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>