April 20, 2024, 04:05:44 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors manager waiting.  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Soca Warriors manager waiting.
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:31:30 AM »
By Ian Prescott (Express).

David Muhammad is awaiting a phone call to find out whether he is still manager of the Trinidad & Tobago senior national team.

"I have no clue," Muhammad said yesterday when asked if he was still the Soca Warriors manager.

"We thought that when the appointment of Otto Pfister as head coach took place on April 5, the technical staff would have been announced also. But that was not done. The Federation (TTFF) haven't been telling us anything. We are all still awaiting word."

Muhammad confessed to wanting to retain his position of national team manager, stating that in the past few years he had gone above and beyond what was required of him.

Among other things, the technical staff had continued to function despite being unpaid for the last 13 matches.

"We still have not been paid," Muhammad said when questioned. "We went to at least four countries without a cent to travel."

Due to communication problems within the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, Muhammad said recently he had to undertake additional responsibility of arranging friendly internationals.

"It must be the first time a manager took on the responsibility to arrange matches," Muhammad said. "After showing that kind of commitment, I would think that I would have a clear case to be retained."

Efforts to contact former T&T head coach Russell Latapy to determine his current standing with the team proved futile.

Latapy has been replaced as head coach by Pfister. But, at a recent press conference, FIFA vice-president Jack Warner admitted that the ex-Trinidad and Tobago captain was offered, and accepted, the position of assistant coach.

However, a media report yesterday states that coaches Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles have been made Pfister's assistants.

Corneal had been assistant to former T&T head coach, Dutchman Wim Rijsbergen, while Charles was assistant to national Under-20 coach, Serbian Zoran Vrazes.

Contacted yesterday, TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes said no official position had been taken as to who Pfister's assistants would be.

However, other TTFF sources confirmed that a selection committee had recommend Corneal and Charles to be Pfister's assistant coaches and that it was a formality that the recommendations would be made official.

"I was interviewed for the assistant coach position, but I have received no official word," said Corneal yesterday.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors manager waiting.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:10:27 AM »
David Muhammad is awaiting a phone call to find out whether he is still manager of the Trinidad & Tobago senior national team.

He eh even get ah text yet?  ;)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:24:58 AM »
A taste of his own medicine. It good for him.....

I am still awaiting a reply from him in over 9 months.... he said he will get back to me on football related matters... ah still waiting, not even a text....  :devil:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:33:42 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 06:43:32 AM »
Surprises me how these men does get these wok.  He is probably the worst manager the team ever had.  He was pissing poor.  He ain't shame to see he waiting for a call.  I would have just let it fizzle out.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 06:56:07 AM »
By Ian Prescott (Express).

"I have no clue," Muhammad said yesterday when asked if he was still the Soca Warriors manager.

"We thought that when the appointment of Otto Pfister as head coach took place on April 5, the technical staff would have been announced also. But that was not done. The Federation (TTFF) haven't been telling us anything. We are all still awaiting word."

Muhammad confessed to wanting to retain his position of national team manager, stating that in the past few years he had gone above and beyond what was required of him.

Among other things, the technical staff had continued to function despite being unpaid for the last 13 matches.

"We still have not been paid," Muhammad said when questioned. "We went to at least four countries without a cent to travel."

Due to communication problems within the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, Muhammad said recently he had to undertake additional responsibility of arranging friendly internationals.

"It must be the first time a manager took on the responsibility to arrange matches," Muhammad said. "After showing that kind of commitment, I would think that I would have a clear case to be retained."

Efforts to contact former T&T head coach Russell Latapy to determine his current standing with the team proved futile.

Latapy has been replaced as head coach by Pfister. But, at a recent press conference, FIFA vice-president Jack Warner admitted that the ex-Trinidad and Tobago captain was offered, and accepted, the position of assistant coach.

However, a media report yesterday states that coaches Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles have been made Pfister's assistants.

Corneal had been assistant to former T&T head coach, Dutchman Wim Rijsbergen, while Charles was assistant to national Under-20 coach, Serbian Zoran Vrazes.

Contacted yesterday, TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes said no official position had been taken as to who Pfister's assistants would be.

However, other TTFF sources confirmed that a selection committee had recommend Corneal and Charles to be Pfister's assistant coaches and that it was a formality that the recommendations would be made official.

"I was interviewed for the assistant coach position, but I have received no official word," said Corneal yesterday.
That there have to be a joke right ??????

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 07:21:32 AM »
:rotfl: dey lost he BBM PIN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 08:26:14 AM »
Why he eh go and wait by the airport for the call.... skidmark!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »
and the professionalism continues

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 10:03:16 AM »
NEXT!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »
haha Muhammed f**k off... If he gets back that job after all the shit he did I will be amazed

THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME THE TTFF HAS EVER HIRED

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
haha Muhammed f**k off... If he gets back that job after all the shit he did I will be amazed

THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME THE TTFF HAS EVER HIRED

Ever heard bout d Peter Principle

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
I hoped he would have  realised that he got the job because of his radio show ...that the PP govt wanted him on their side... now however that his show was interrupted because of this job ...he is no longer needed.

In fact listening to his criticism of the govt these days I wonder how intelligent he really is ?? You expect to bite de hand dat feed you ...and come back for more ?? Jack is ah govt Minister !!! and he doh forget !

Like this fella never hear bout Tino singh or what ? well he  sign and still singing .... so is either you want de TTFF wuk and toe de line or you remain true to your beliefs..... you eh gettin both
 Ah well ...just another bridegroom waiting at the altar ...for Jack to show up !!!  
Jack ? Jack ? way Jack ? ...SAD !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
Valentino Singh singin all d parts in d song tenor, base fuss he singin. He doin d females parts as well.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

He eh even get ah text yet?  ;)

Yuh mean bbm.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 10:55:22 AM »
buahahahaha , send him a text
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »
Muhammad should concentrate on his radio show, it is an excellent and well researched radio show!

I don't think he has the time to concentrate on doing both jobs properly as one or both jobs may suffer as we have seen in the past!

Keep up the good work Muhammad, I love your radio show!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »
While yuh waiting, yuh should order some KFC to nourish your athletic body :devil:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors management still vacant
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »
Soca Warriors management still vacant
T&T Express

There have been no moves by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) to fill the three remaining vacant positions on the senior national team.

The TTFF recently appointed a technical staff to assist German head coach Otto Pfister. However, the post of manager, assistant manager and trainer remained open.

Peter Rampersad has been holding on as interim manager.

Former manager David Muhammad stated he was very much interested in the job, but no word had come from the Football Federation.

When confirming the appointment of Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles as Pfister's assistant coaches, a TTFF press release stated that the vacant posts will be filled in due course.

However, when asked if any new staff had been recruited, TTFF technical adviser Keith Look Loy washed his hands of the matter.

"I have some responsibility for technical matters. I was asked to find a coach and a technical staff which I have done," Look Loy said. "There are other persons in the TTFF who are responsible for selecting management staff. That needs to be attended to."

Look Loy directed the Express to TTFF general secretary Richard Groden, but several attempts to contact Groden were unsuccessful.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors management still vacant
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 07:37:47 AM »
Brokes!!!!

The signs are all there. Take them to the cleaners. Now is de time.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
Look Loy directed the Express to TTFF general secretary Richard Groden, but several attempts to contact Groden were unsuccessful

This man like big bird imaginary pardner snufflupagus, does he even exist?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:29:46 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
Look Loy directed the Express to TTFF general secretary Richard Groden, but several attempts to contact Groden were unsuccessful

He sometimes exist but it usually just to collect his wages!
Now that the TTFF is broke why should he bother to make a magical appearance?!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »

:rotfl:

1]; } ?>