March 28, 2024, 02:08:54 PM

Author Topic: Warriors face European team August 10.  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors face European team August 10.
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:47:11 AM »
Warriors face European team August 10.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).

New Soca Warriors coach, German Otto Pfister will see his team in international action for the first time against an un-named European opponent on August 10.

This was stated by T&T Football Federation Technical Director, Keith Look Loy. Look Loy has also been tipped to be elected as the new technical adviser of the local federation after Lincoln “Tiger” Phillip vacated the post earlier this month when his contract was not renewed after six years in the position.

The Soca Warriors, who are yet to play an international match for the 2011 calendar year had hoped to kick off their 2014 Brazil World Cup campaign with a match on June 1, but this has been officially cancelled for various reasons according to Look Loy.

“The international Fifa date on June 1 is now out of the question for certain, but we have already been in contact with a European Football Association member about a match on August 10, which looks highly possible.”

Prior to the match on August 10, Look Loy said, coach Pfister is expected to hold a camp in July. “This camp will consist of selected players from overseas and here at home after which the coach will named a squad for the match.”

With regards to the recent trip by the 73-year-old Pfister, to have a look at potential T&T players and have discussions with current players, Look Loy said things have gone well so far.

“He (Pfister) has already seen a few players in action as well as on video so he has a good idea of what he has at his disposal and what he is still looking for.”

While the 73-year-old Pfister had hinted earlier on that he intended to field the strongest possible T&T squad for the international matches, Look Loy noted that this may not be possible for August 10 match.

“Most of the players in Europe are now coming off of their long domestic seasons and by the time July comes around they may be back in pre-season.

“So we will have to hold discussions with them and see who is available or not. In addition, the US Major League Soccer competition will also be in full swing so we will also have to weigh our options when it comes to looking at the players based in the USA.”

Look Loy added, “For this reason I don’t think players like Christopher Birchall (LA Galaxy/USA), Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City/UK) and Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town/UK) have anything to prove to the coach and may be excused from the encounter.”

With the Concacaf Gold Cup set to kick off in the USA on June 9 and T&T failing to qualify for the event, Look Loy said the T&T coach will be heading off to North America to use the opportunity to scout future opponents.

The German currently has a squad of local players in training on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors face European team August 10.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »
“The international Fifa date on June 1 is now out of the question for certain, but we have already been in contact with a European Football Association member about a match on August 10, which looks highly possible.”

So basically we doh have ah match lined up as yet.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »

It appears so. The comedy continues

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:29 AM »
When the TTFF done with Pfister he go be like a canary.

He came here and huff and puff and now he sounding like de only opposition he could play with is he balls...

Keith Look Loy is now Jack Warner Jr.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »
 :rotfl:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »

All yuh eh hear jack get suspended from all football related matters. Thus we eh playin no games till he suspension lifted.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »
Check this out - A Fifa date but no need to see Edwards- Kj Birchill. Well a new coach needs to look at all available players. Same old half baked preparations and waiting to the last moment to assemble the best squad with no chemistry that comes from regular practice and preparation.
 Barca has a academy that eight of its present crop graduated from and played regularly.
 All kind of half baked excuses- I will not be surprised that the August match may just be cancelled

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 11:32:52 AM »
Get ready for a steady dose of local..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:43:51 AM by College »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »
No need to bring them back as there is no morney to pay for the players. Brokes people. Take dem to the cleaners  >:(

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »
If a game is announced, it will be against another CFU team. What I don't understand in Look Loy's statement is that players like Jones etc. "don't have to prove themselves". That makes no sense.

Players like Jones, Birchall, and Hyland having to "prove" themselves is not the point of having these games. The purpose of these games is to help create the best possible chemistry within a team and allow the coach a chance to determine the best possible combination of players and systems. So, you do need to have all your available players.

Also compared to the other dates from September onwards, the August date is the least disruptive to clubs, even MLS clubs.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 11:48:37 AM »
If a game is announced, it will be against another CFU team. What I don't understand in Look Loy's statement is that players like Jones etc. "don't have to prove themselves". That makes no sense.

Players like Jones, Birchall, and Hyland having to "prove" themselves is not the point of having these games. The purpose of these games is to help create the best possible chemistry within a team and allow the coach a chance to determine the best possible combination of players and systems. So, you do need to have all your available players.

Also compared to the other dates from September onwards, the August date is the least disruptive to clubs, even MLS clubs.

LOOK LOY is a capital K clown. What u expect.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »

LOOK LOY is a capital K clown. What u expect.

:beermug:

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 11:58:26 AM »
here we go again....

as far as i concerned, our first game will be early round WC qualifying, WHICH IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT IS LATER ON THIS YEAR.

God help us if we hadda play Bermuda again...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
Ah bad start for Mr. Look Boy or Look Toy whatever yuh want to call him. Different Monkey but same khaki pants.  Football Fans still getting bull left and right. Nothing has changed.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »

Ah, the Trinbago psyche.... *sigh*

This is why Jamaica has left us behind and bussing style on us now.

:-\

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
hmm lets see...luxembourg, san marino, or maybe faroe islands take yuh pick!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »

I have it from the man himself that he was mis-quoted, Pfister WILL have the like of Birchall, Jones et al ,as it's a FIFA date and the ONLY way ANY player gets excused is if he is injured. And I believe Look Loy, because Pfister REFUSED to play inferior opposition in June and I'm certain the Coach will also INSIST on having his BEST POSSIBLE team to face Quality opposition. Also the headline is mis-leading too, because the TTFF is additionally still talking to a few South American and one African country in addition to the "unnamed European country".

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 09:52:47 PM »

I have it from the man himself that he was mis-quoted, Pfister WILL have the like of Birchall, Jones et al ,as it's a FIFA date and the ONLY way ANY player gets excused is if he is injured. And I believe Look Loy, because Pfister REFUSED to play inferior opposition in June and I'm certain the Coach will also INSIST on having his BEST POSSIBLE team to face Quality opposition. Also the headline is mis-leading too, because the TTFF is additionally still talking to a few South American and one African country in addition to the "unnamed European country".

Being misquoted is definitely plausible. BUT, that is why you send out press releases. This is certainly an issue worthy of a press release from the TTFF. That way, there is less room for misinterpretation or misquotes.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 06:04:23 AM »
hmm lets see...luxembourg, san marino, or maybe faroe islands take yuh pick!

or Kazakhstan!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
Mr Keith Look Loy asked that I clarify certain things here......

Guys, we need some balance, some good, some constructive agruments and some bad as you wish... Keith says he is trying his best with what he has at his disposal....

Anyways, he asked me to share this....

1) The article headline is very misleading and is not consistent with the article text, which correctly states that a European opponent is a "possibility". In fact, we are also talking to three South American and one African possible opponent. Your forum members are great and some of them need to understand that, while we could get a match against Grenada or Panama tomorrow, it is no simple task arranging a match against a higher ranked team, and, more so, at short notice. We are working on it.

2) I never stated that the coach may not be able to field his strongest team, or that certain players may be "excused". This would be ludicrous since the match of 10 August will be played on a FIFA date and, therefore, any player selected by the coach MUST be made available by his club unless he is proven to be injured. The question of player unavailability does not arise.

3) I consider this article to be an example of very poor reporting.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:33 AM »
Mr Keith Look Loy asked that I clarify certain things here......

Guys, we need some balance, some good, some constructive agruments and some bad as you wish... Keith says he is trying his best with what he has at his disposal....

Anyways, he asked me to share this....

1) The article headline is very misleading and is not consistent with the article text, which correctly states that a European opponent is a "possibility". In fact, we are also talking to three South American and one African possible opponent. Your forum members are great and some of them need to understand that, while we could get a match against Grenada or Panama tomorrow, it is no simple task arranging a match against a higher ranked team, and, more so, at short notice. We are working on it.

2) I never stated that the coach may not be able to field his strongest team, or that certain players may be "excused". This would be ludicrous since the match of 10 August will be played on a FIFA date and, therefore, any player selected by the coach MUST be made available by his club unless he is proven to be injured. The question of player unavailability does not arise.

3) I consider this article to be an example of very poor reporting.

Thank you for posting this. Also, please thank Mr. Look Loy for the clarification Flex. Sometimes, I guess I forget that people outside of socawarriors.net read this site.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »
Mr. Lok Loy, as a member of the TTFF the default position of most harcore fans will be distrust of your words and motives, and rightfully so. Opening communication lines with Flex and socawarriors.net as you have here will go a long way toward developing trust  :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »
I would like Mr LL to start a new precedent and engage in absolute transparency.

1. Should distance himself, if possible, from all the alleged corrupt activities of Jackula, Scamps and Rodent.
2. Help to engage in a new transparency and show that you stand for it with public statements.
3. Indicate who is paying your salary and distance yourself from any brown envelope culture.
4. Indicate if the TTFF has any plans to utilize LP's services or say whether he will be sent packing out of T&T.

If no intention to address any of these issues, then be prepared to stay on the highly distrusted list.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 11:58:10 AM »
I would like Mr LL to start a new precedent and engage in absolute transparency.

1. Should distance himself, if possible, from all the alleged corrupt activities of Jackula, Scamps and Rodent.
2. Help to engage in a new transparency and show that you stand for it with public statements.
3. Indicate who is paying your salary and distance yourself from any brown envelope culture.
4. Indicate if the TTFF has any plans to utilize LP's services or say whether he will be sent packing out of T&T.

If no intention to address any of these issues, then be prepared to stay on the highly distrusted list.

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »
Look Loy - props for the communication.
We know that administrators can't bother with every tom dick and harry on this site, but the fact that you shared communication with the site is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

This may be somewhat unprecedented.

Look Loy now added to Tiger and Shaka as men who get props recently.....

Mr Nigel Simon of the Guardian . . . . . .

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 07:19:16 AM »
I know Keith Look Loy pretty well and I can tell you first hand he is good at playing with both hands.

Watch him Flex, what you pocess here is a great tool for T&T football whether they recognise it or not.

Anyone who friends with the Corneals, Gorden and Camps cannot be trusted.

Look what happened to Kyle Bethel, spent hundreds of dollars for a trips with his parents to trial with the youth team after Look Loy confirmed the trial dates and venue with him and yourself and poor Kyle was left out in the dark after months of planning.

His parents (Trinis) had to go above and beyond to make contact after days of trying, Kyle was there for 7 days and managed to get only one training session.

So as you can see the unprofessional ways in our people who runs or are part of our federation, its them, no one else.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:21:41 AM by Insider »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »
Sports administrators are too unprofessional in Trinidad.We can't blame men when they choose to represent other countries.This is not an isolated incident there are quite a few stories like this including Robbie Findlay who is now on the US team.The sad thing is,its not only in football.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:53:26 AM by royal »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 08:07:07 AM »
Ok, this is just an idea I'm throwing out at y'all!

T&T have had no games this year and the first looks like its going to be in August, so we're kinda 8 months behind in preparation for 2014.

Lets not worry at this point about blame. Lets draw a line and move forward.

The Pro League teams will soon begin pre season, so why not organise 4 or 5 matches against them? Pfister will have a double advantage as he can see the locals play the locals. Sometimes a guy will perform much better for his team than in the national set up for various reasons including familiarity with team mates and his club coach knowing his strengths and weaknesses intimately.

At least this will aid team building and Pfister will get to see a lot of players (players would not play against their club team)

To add to this, the local football organisations can be given free tickets so youngsters can come along. In fact, the matches could be free to everyone. Get some musicians to do a free p.a. at half time for the benefit of their country. Create a vibe. Don't drag the flag. Show that football doesn't depend on Warner & Camps.
The matches could even make some money from sales of food & drinks. Players would not get a match fee...this is pre season training and a chance to solidify their status for 2014.

This can all be done. Mr Look-Loy, Minister Roberts, talk to me, nah.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »
Ok, this is just an idea I'm throwing out at y'all!

T&T have had no games this year and the first looks like its going to be in August, so we're kinda 8 months behind in preparation for 2014.

Lets not worry at this point about blame. Lets draw a line and move forward.

The Pro League teams will soon begin pre season, so why not organise 4 or 5 matches against them? Pfister will have a double advantage as he can see the locals play the locals. Sometimes a guy will perform much better for his team than in the national set up for various reasons including familiarity with team mates and his club coach knowing his strengths and weaknesses intimately.

At least this will aid team building and Pfister will get to see a lot of players (players would not play against their club team)

To add to this, the local football organisations can be given free tickets so youngsters can come along. In fact, the matches could be free to everyone. Get some musicians to do a free p.a. at half time for the benefit of their country. Create a vibe. Don't drag the flag. Show that football doesn't depend on Warner & Camps.
The matches could even make some money from sales of food & drinks. Players would not get a match fee...this is pre season training and a chance to solidify their status for 2014.

This can all be done. Mr Look-Loy, Minister Roberts, talk to me, nah.

Good idea F.S.!  :thumbsup:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »

COSIGN STILL ON MY KLOWN LIST

1]; } ?>