April 18, 2024, 12:44:22 PM

Author Topic: Touching base with Keith Look Loy.  (Read 21490 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Look Loy queries selection of T&T team
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2016, 06:49:32 AM »
Look Loy queries selection of T&T team.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

FC SANTA Rosa coach and owner Keith Look Loy has queried the selection of the national football team, as well as the assistant coaches, for this week’s tour of Nicaragua .

The national team, under recently- appointed coach Tom Saintfiet, were due to face Nicaragua last evening, while both teams will square off again on Friday, at Managua .

According to Look Loy, “to say the least it’s an experimental team.

The selection approach or the selection policy baffles me. I find it a bit erratic. But we hope that this team could do something against Nicaragua because Nicaragua is hardly a world-power of a team or a CONCACAF power.” He continued, “so let us see what they do. The performance and results in Nicaragua will give us an indication of what to expect.” Ahead of the trip to Nicaragua,

Pro League champions and current league leaders Central FC were involved in a club-versus-country row, whereby they insisted that three players (Jan-Michael Williams, Sean De Silva and Nathaniel Garcia) were allowed to play Pro League matches last week, against the national team’s wishes .

De Silva was injured in training while Williams and Garcia played against Morvant Caledonia United last Tuesday, and were subsequently excluded from the team to the Central American nation .

Asked about the stance taken by Central FC, Look Loy noted, “my policy on that is always consistent .

FIFA has rules for the release of players on FIFA dates, five days before (the game). It is at the will of any particular club that a player will be allowed to train or go and represent his country outside the FIFA date. I think that Central were well within their rights .

“Why is there no confusion that players were denied participation by their European clubs. Is it that the European clubs have one standard applied to them and another standard is being applied to the clubs by the coach and the local administration? I think if there is no issue with the foreign clubs, why should there be an issue with the local clubs. There is one rule, there are all professional clubs. If the coach wants to look at players, let him go and watch football.” Look Loy continued, “when the coach of Brazil wants a player, he doesn’t call players to training. He goes and sees a match. (Central FC) are in the middle of a title race .

I wasn’t letting my players go either, to be quite frank. While I’m on that point, I find it hard to fathom that 30 players could be invited and not one player from the National Super League, not even the leading scorer (Andy London of Siparia Spurs, with 26 goals). I find that difficult to accept.”

Defence Force’s striker, Devorn Jorsling, the leading scorer in the TT Pro League with nine goals, was also left out from the training squad. “What is the rationale behind it? You leave out the top scorer in the professional league. So what is the criteria in calling these people. That’s why I’m saying I find the selection approach erratic.” Carlos Edwards, named as captain for the pair of games against Nicaragua, and Cornell Glen were both recalled to the team, after three-year-long spells out of the reckoning .

“It’s not only experience but about actual performance,” said Look Loy. “I don’t look at age.” Former T&T coaches Russell Latapy (now director of youth football) and Jamaal Shabazz (technical coordinator) were named as Saintfiet’s assistants by the TT Football Association (TTFA) .

Look Loy said, “there is no technical justification for Latapy to be appointed assistant coach of the national team when the national Under-17 team was a disaster, that was a couple months ago. If Shabazz is a technical administrator, then let him do that. From the time we start to mix administrators with coaches, then we have a problem.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Touching base with Keith Look Loy.
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »
Cautious, cowardly Soca Warriors.
By Keith Look Loy (Guardian).

There will be much discussion surrounding the selection of the team (chaotic and capricious), the match tactics (overly cautious, even cowardly) and the underwhelming team performance (lethargic and unambitious). Yes, Tyrone Charles scored a magnificent equaliser, but the team looked horrible and Suriname deserved to win. Our team belied their moniker—WARRIORS—and tamely conceded the match to an ordinary Surinamer side.

Discussion of the match and the team, however important it may be, is virtually immaterial. Whether we qualify for the 2017 Gold Cup or not, last night we witnessed yet another painful step in the disintegration of a team that qualified for the quarter-finals of the 2015 Gold Cup, and the current final round of qualifying for Russia 2018—hardly the achievements of a small team.

To put a sharp point on it, the disintegration of the Soca Warriors has run a simultaneous course with the coming to power (in October 2015), and the mismanagement of the TTFA (T&T Football Association) and our national teams by the David John-Williams administration.

Starting with the debacle of sending two women’s national teams to simultaneously and disastrously represent us in two different countries, to the humiliation of our Under-15 girls team (22:0 by USA) in CONCACAF play, through the shameful exit of our U-17 men’s team while hosting their CFU qualifying tournament, to the topsy turvy preparation of our U-20 men’s team, to the ridiculous handling of Stephen Hart’s removal and the appointment of (Tom) Sainfiet, and on to last evening’s (Wednesday) debacle, the John-Williams administration has presided over the destruction of our national teams’ programme.

The John-Williams administration is also failing miserably in its management of the Association. Internal communication is as painful as pulling teeth. Technical programmes are being operated like national security secrets. Domestic leagues are being left to their own devices and to fail without TTFA guidance and/or support.

All of this is the CONTEXT which surrounds last evening’s (Wednesday) failure. But our troubles result not only from administrative politics and issues. The players must also bear blame. Too many of them are too easily content and lack an awareness of their lifestyle and concern for truly professional standards.

Truth be told, our football is in decline. To save it we need a true football revolution at every level. Root and branch. One that is democratic and from below. From the clubs and the players and the ordinary football people. One that will propose an alternative to the absolute disaster that is the current TTFA leadership. If only we would see and act on that.

Keith Look Loy
Former national coach

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2017, 01:07:46 PM »
Look Loy on point!!  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »
If this were politricks....To a degree it can be considered such
A no confidence motion would be the order of this day for this current administration
No if's no and's nor but's about that...A tag to go with them leaving
You should have nothing to do with football for the rest of your existence.....The damage they have wrecked on the game is not repairable...I am saying this because the reality is we are going to be non participants in both the Gold and World cups...That really sucks
Rastafari

1]; } ?>