March 29, 2024, 02:21:07 AM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 144580 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Game of Thrones
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »
anyone following dis HBO series or read de books?

that dwarf tyrion is a boss.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »
anyone following dis HBO series or read de books?

that dwarf tyrion is a boss.

been watching it.  Plan to read the books.  It is picking up steam.  Plus some nice scenes in it if you get my drift.  :o :o
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
yeah. ah following from de start. good entertainment. real buss throat men on dey woi! de imp is ah real hoes man.  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »
Speaking of buss throat... how about that scene in the last episode where Khal Drogo rip out de fella tongue thru he throat, lol  Two episodes ago in "A Golden Crown" he pour molten gold on he would-be brother in law head and kill him.  Dem writers sick lol

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
Speaking of buss throat... how about that scene in the last episode where Khal Drogo rip out de fella tongue thru he throat, lol  Two episodes ago in "A Golden Crown" he pour molten gold on he would-be brother in law head and kill him.  Dem writers sick lol

But all that graphic violence is balanced with romantic dialogue

Khal: Moon of my life
Khaleesi: My sun and stars

yuh eh see the look of adoration in Khaleesi's after he ripped out the man tongue?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 08:53:35 AM »

Yeah K. Drog is ah beast! And speaking of sick after watching de last scene in de first episode ah had to go online and research de storyline because ah couldn't believe what ah see going down between de Queen and her twin. Dem Lannisters is ah sick bunch. De series rel entertaining tho.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »
I've been enjoying it. Think there are only 10 episodes this season. But season 2 already planned.

The short man is real kicks and a scene stealer ;-)

I notice the Queen is yet to do full nudity. I patiently await  :(

VB
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:48:11 PM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:33:41 PM »
I've been enjoying it. Think there are only 10 episodes this season. But season 2 already planned.

VB

Yuh couldn't give a spoiler alert?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:15:54 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 04:48:53 PM »

Was sorry to see the "dance instructor" get killed.  But he and all after he manners six men with a wooden sword he eh go pick up a real one to keep fighting.

VB

Yuh couldn't give a spoiler alert?

Sorry for the spoiler, I edited it. You should edit your quote as well.

VB

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 06:07:27 PM »
I read the first 3 books many years ago, but George Martin takes so damn long to write, ah forget half of the happenings and couldn't find it the pick up the 4th book... the series is real boss though, plenty, plenty twists and turns.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
aaaah look my thread here!

grimm01 get me into the books ten years ago. It is my favourite book series and I do not even like fantasy!

the man does really take he dam time to write... the 4th book come out in 05 and the 5th book now coming out on July 12th...

I recommend the series to all... and if allyuh feel allyuh see bacchanal... allyuh ent see nothing yet!

BACCHANAL
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 02:00:13 AM »

grimm01 get me into the books ten years ago. It is my favourite book series and I do not even like fantasy!

the man does really take he dam time to write... the 4th book come out in 05 and the 5th book now coming out on July 12th...

I recommend the series to all... and if allyuh feel allyuh see bacchanal... allyuh ent see nothing yet!

BACCHANAL

The only thing that could shock me  now in that show is beastiality.

VB

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:47:27 PM »

BACCHANAL

The only thing that could shock me  now in that show is beastiality.

VB

The only thing that could shock me just happened!! >:( >:(
Ketch footballitis

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »
**SPOILER ALERT - Do not read if you missed last Sunday's (06/12) episode**

I still cannot believe they allowed Ned to die. Never saw it coming and it is a terrible move. It may be part of the book (never read the books), but you find a way to let your star boy live. Especially in a TV series. They went overboard on the shock value dey. To me, they kill the show right there, since his was the most interesting character.
Looking forward to seeing what they do next, but I'd be surprised if they don't lose a lot of fans after this season.
Ketch footballitis

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 09:53:06 PM »
**SPOILER ALERT - Do not read if you missed last Sunday's (06/12) episode**

I still cannot believe they allowed Ned to die. Never saw it coming and it is a terrible move. It may be part of the book (never read the books), but you find a way to let your star boy live. Especially in a TV series. They went overboard on the shock value dey. To me, they kill the show right there, since his was the most interesting character.
Looking forward to seeing what they do next, but I'd be surprised if they don't lose a lot of fans after this season.

Surprise!! he was never the main character... and his death was necessary... the rest of the story would not make sense without his death. Everything before this was introduction... the story NOW start as you will see in the next episode

give de books a try... the tonic for formulaic and predictable fiction
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:58:53 PM by FF »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 11:45:36 PM »

*SPOILER ALERT  II*

I never knew anything about the books so I can't say how it will affect the story... but Ned was always a placeholder, if not fuh de Malfoy-looking young fella who had him executed, then for one of his sons.

What was kinda dotish to me was de way Drogo nearly meet he maker... you go tell me ah man who grow up battling all of ah sudden nearly dead from ah li'l flesh wound... he never get cut before?  Make matters worse, is he press he chest up against de blade tuh prove he machismo.  Unless ah miss sumthing whey de fella he kill dip he blade in cow dung or sumting  ;D

Ah also want to see what coming out ah dat tent following de "blood sacrifice"... because what went in was already ah beast as it is.  Ah also want to see what go happen to de baby (ah next Damian??) who coming into this world amidst all dis black magic.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:48:31 PM by Bakes »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 01:49:11 AM »
*SPOILER ALERT  II*

I never knew anything about the books so I can't say how it will affect the story... but Ned was always a placeholder, if not fuh de Malfoy-looking young fella who had him executed, then for one of his sons.

What was kinda dotish to me was de way Drogo nearly meet he maker... you go tell me ah man who grow up battling all of ah sudden nearly dead from ah li'l flesh wound... he never get cut before?  Make matters worse, is he press he chest up against de blade tuh prove he machismo.  Unless ah miss sumthing whey de fella he kill dip he blade in cow dung or sumting  ;D

Ah also want to see what coming out ah dat tent following de "blood sacrifice"... because what went in was already ah beast as it is.  Ah also want to see what go happen to de baby (ah next Damian??) who coming into this world amidst all dis black magic.

I guess if dey following de book. Dey following de book. However, as one who had never read the books, I was shocked no ass. Always liked this particualr actor to boot.

Re. Drogo I was thinking the same damn thing.

VB
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:26:46 PM by vb »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »
the king of the North!

but is quite spring of 2012 when season 2 start  :(

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
the king of the North!

but is quite spring of 2012 when season 2 start  :(

boss I finish reading the 3rd book in 2001... it is 2011 and we only get book 4 in dat time to now... but ah feel yuh pain

ah tief dis from a next forum...

"People complaining about a 1 year wait?

Oh my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night, when GRRM hides for years and children are born and live and die all before the next book comes out."

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »

"People complaining about a 1 year wait?

Oh my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night, when GRRM hides for years and children are born and live and die all before the next book comes out."

Lol... good one.  I ent no maven but even I get that one.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:01 PM »
Well ah finally calm down after episode 9. 
Ah didn't sleep good that night nuh. This show is something else.
Sean Bean- always liked him but what a performance in season I.
Ketch footballitis

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 10:21:14 PM »
Well ah finally calm down after episode 9. 
Ah didn't sleep good that night nuh. This show is something else.
Sean Bean- always liked him but what a performance in season I.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 01:09:35 AM »
^^^ So which do you value more?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 09:17:16 AM »
I haven't been watching much TV lately except for sports (NBA & soccer) and Khloe & Lamar but anyway last Sunday I just happen to switch to HBO and notice this show when I see man tongue getting cut out and a midget have ah woman striping down fuh him and ah say buhwheydeassisdis.....Yuh believe I end up watching 2 episodes cuz ah get hook. I surprized to come on here today and see dis thread, now I have to catch up with season 1.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 09:21:31 AM »
I haven't been watching much TV lately except for sports (NBA & soccer) and Khloe & Lamar but anyway last Sunday I just happen to switch to HBO and notice this show when I see man tongue getting cut out and a midget have ah woman striping down fuh him and ah say buhwheydeassisdis.....Yuh believe I end up watching 2 episodes cuz ah get hook. I surprized to come on here today and see dis thread, now I have to catch up with season 1.

http://www.hbogo.com/?camp=GoG5&tracking_ID=13670&K_CLICKID=51ca79a6-5ac6-3f89-a2ba-00000868d07e#home/

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
The finale set a ratings high for the series!

Topping 3 million viewers for the initial airing and previous epiosdes average total viewing of 8.3 million in DVR and on demand etc.

This important as hopefully with DVD sales etc and more buzz... HBO will release more money for the VFX. So we could get more battles, dragons and the direwolves especially... they were underplayed alot this first season due to the difficulty in managing dogs on screen

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »

http://www.hbogo.com/?camp=GoG5&tracking_ID=13670&K_CLICKID=51ca79a6-5ac6-3f89-a2ba-00000868d07e#home/

:beermug: Thanks...I will take it in now

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 10:58:21 AM »
Tyrion Lanister does make dis show fuh me.

Pure kicks when he rally de troops to go to war...give big speech and ting...and den as dem stampedin to go and fight he get likk dong and knock out.  When he wake up...battle done yes.

I nearly pee meh pants wit laff  :rotfl: :rotfl:

I haven't read the books but to me this story is bout the kids and strong women...

King Geoffrey

De lil Stark girl dat like sword (keep allyuh mind out de gutter) and she sister who go do fuh Geoffrey one day

De lil Stark boy who get pelt out de window after he ketch Jamie Lanister peltin prick on he sister de Queen

De bastard Stark son and de nex Stark son who rallyin he troops to battle

Stark mother...."let's get our girls back first...THEN we kill them all"

De Queen

Meh boy Tyrion de Imp

And of course...Khaleesi

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »