April 19, 2024, 12:56:49 PM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 145519 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
This important as hopefully with DVD sales etc and more buzz... HBO will release more money for the VFX. So we could get more battles, dragons and the direwolves especially... they were underplayed alot this first season due to the difficulty in managing dogs on screen

...although they buss Bran would be assassin throat nice in dat one scene.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
I see Tyrone Lannister going back to the South to be the Hand to the kIng.

He forget he slap up de yute just the other day. Dat yute have a sick streak. He Mother go have to beg for she brother  :devil:

I realize what I will see has already happened (due to the book) so let me hypothosize. Doh spoil it  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 12:32:48 PM »
I see Tyrone Lannister going back to the South to be the Hand to the kIng.

He forget he slap up de yute just the other day. Dat yute have a sick streak. He Mother go have to beg for she brother  :devil:

I realize what I will see has already happened (due to the book) so let me hypothosize. Doh spoil it  ;D

VB

small man vs imp round two!!

joffrey upgrade to king... tyrion upgrade to hand of de king! Battle Royale to commence in one year!  ;D

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 08:30:44 AM »
the king of the North!

but is quite spring of 2012 when season 2 start  :(

boss I finish reading the 3rd book in 2001... it is 2011 and we only get book 4 in dat time to now... but ah feel yuh pain

ah tief dis from a next forum...

"People complaining about a 1 year wait?

Oh my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night, when GRRM hides for years and children are born and live and die all before the next book comes out."

10 years - lawd! well grrm need to pick up de pace. ah used to read de wheel of time series from robert jordan and give up cause like de wheel keep getting new spoke. well robert jordan dead before de series done - leave all de fans hanging.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 08:46:41 AM »
I peep at this thread...and I say lemme see what this ting is about.

I ent have HBO but I have a $10 DVD man on Charlotte Street who hook me up.

Honestly it take me 3 episodes to see what the hype and fuss was about...I find episode 1 and 2 was shit.

Character development, plot, story, everything looking predictable...slow...no action.

Den in episode 4 ting start to come to life in a big way...If you have sense yuh could pick out certain outta timing ting from conversations or lil scenes. But if yuh slow they does read and spell ting for you in later episodes.

The hoes man imp is a real boss in truth, but I like how the story developing. I have reached episode 7 but the DVD man tell me I hadda wait till next week to get the last two episodes.

But Spartacus could give this "cultured" movie a run for its money...It is also inferior to Rome...at least, at this point in time.

But to say its the best since slice bread I disagree...it good but it ent great.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 09:35:18 AM »
I peep at this thread...and I say lemme see what this ting is about.

I ent have HBO but I have a $10 DVD man on Charlotte Street who hook me up.

Honestly it take me 3 episodes to see what the hype and fuss was about...I find episode 1 and 2 was shit.

Character development, plot, story, everything looking predictable...slow...no action.

Den in episode 4 ting start to come to life in a big way...If you have sense yuh could pick out certain outta timing ting from conversations or lil scenes. But if yuh slow they does read and spell ting for you in later episodes.

The hoes man imp is a real boss in truth, but I like how the story developing. I have reached episode 7 but the DVD man tell me I hadda wait till next week to get the last two episodes.
But Spartacus could give this "cultured" movie a run for its money...It is also inferior to Rome...at least, at this point in time.

But to say its the best since slice bread I disagree...it good but it ent great.

Next three episodes breds.

If you could predict what going to happen in Ep. 10 without reading the book or this thread. I want you to buy my lottery tickets.

Agree it eh no Rome  but it good.

V B

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »
Alright I finally watch episodes 8-10.

D show good.

It take a lil while but I warm up to it. I was surprised at what transpired in the last 3 episodes.

On to waiting for season 2.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
This is the rel show here!!

Can't wait for winter to reach!!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
This is the rel show here!!

Can't wait for winter to reach!!

look some trailers of the new season here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GameofThrones

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »
Can't wait!!!

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
4 covers on Entertainment Weekly this week.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »
I only hope that now that a wider audience is getting hip to it that the writers eh start getting ridiculous with the script.

Can't wait!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »
I only hope that now that a wider audience is getting hip to it that the writers eh start getting ridiculous with the script.

Can't wait!

I couldn't resist and went onto wikipedia and read up on the characters...and I kind of want them to change some of the stuff that happened. I would be very sad. lol But I doubt they would.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »

Can't wait!

I couldn't resist and went onto wikipedia and read up on the characters...and I kind of want them to change some of the stuff that happened. I would be very sad. lol But I doubt they would.

yuh spoil yuhself...   ;D

small things will have to change as in any adaptation but if they change some of the bigger plot points it wouldn't be the same series, and I would be disappointed.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:52:35 PM by FF »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »
Yeah fuh real... they can't change, that's what makes the series so dynamic.  I sure everybody jaw drop when "the King's Hand" get he head lop off.  Up to de minute de axe drop ah know man was watching de horizon looking fuh de cavalry (or 'calvary' as we does say in TnT  ;D)to come rushing een.

I think only Tyron and de Khaleesa (with she fine self) kinda untouchable right now.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »
What's the actual pronunciation of Arya? Like they can't decide whether it's A-ya or A-ry-a  :-\ She's my fav. This is a really good cast btw.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
FF, oye! So what yuh think of the THEORY of Jon Snow actually being the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen?

Also, I find myself in a dilemma. I bought the first book and I'm going to read it, no problem. But I'm wondering whether I should watch season two before reading the second book. I think if I read all the books first the series will be ruined for me as my expectations might be too high. Whereas watch the series first won't impact the books at all, actually it might make me appreciate the books even more having all the details and characters fleshed out more.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2012, 08:56:23 AM »

Also, I find myself in a dilemma. I bought the first book and I'm going to read it, no problem. But I'm wondering whether I should watch season two before reading the second book. I think if I read all the books first the series will be ruined for me as my expectations might be too high. Whereas watch the series first won't impact the books at all, actually it might make me appreciate the books even more having all the details and characters fleshed out more.

when I first read the books I thought they have to make a tv series out of this!! Now that they have, I can't wait for every season and episode to come out... to see these books come to life and not just in my imagination.
But I can't tell you what to do... or what would bring you the most satisfaction. I can tell you though that for one, television brings so much to the forefront and also visually depicts many facets that are only casually described in the books. HOWEVER, the show misses out on a lot of subtext as well as the internal thoughts and dreams of many characters... there is so much foreshadowing in the book and so many hints as to what is going to happen that you only pick up on a second or even third read.

For example that theory you put above... (which kinda spoilery eh) it is barely, barely hinted at in the show if at all... however if you are aware of it... even in the first book alone, you see so much evidence for it. But it is so well done that most people do not see it, without a hint or being spoiled online.
Personally... and when you complete the first three books you will see... I think it is the theory that makes the most sense.
From Rhaegar's prophecies, to the tales of the Tournament at Harrenhal and the Knight of the Laughing Tree and Ned's dreams and memories of the Tower of Joy. It is clear.

Some ppl even say GRRM will change it, because ppl figure it out or never reveal the secret for spite. Hopefully we will find out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
FF, oye! So what yuh think of the THEORY of Jon Snow actually being the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen?

Please be aware that some of us have not read the book............utilize the Spoiler Alert.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
Buh A-A. I doh see how it is a spoiler if I said it was a theory - a theory that may or may not be true.

And I doubt he will change it even if it is true because it is clearly the sub-plot of the entire series.

Just like how JKR didn't change the Snape/Lily story-line just because fans had figured it out.

But so far into the first book the TV series is very faithful to it. Although I find the switching back and forth between POVs is kind of boring and I'm already biased. My favourite POV is Jon and I'm not that interested in reading Tyrion's. I also have a deep dislike for Catelyn because of the way she treats Jon. She's a biyotch.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
Buh A-A. I doh see how it is a spoiler if I said it was a theory - a theory that may or may not be true.

And I doubt he will change it even if it is true because it is clearly the sub-plot of the entire series.

Just like how JKR didn't change the Snape/Lily story-line just because fans had figured it out.

But so far into the first book the TV series is very faithful to it. Although I find the switching back and forth between POVs is kind of boring and I'm already biased. My favourite POV is Jon and I'm not that interested in reading Tyrion's. I also have a deep dislike for Catelyn because of the way she treats Jon. She's a biyotch.

Well that's allegedly she man outside child so she has a reason to be bitter.  But I does feel sorry for him in trute. De only time dat woman does make a ass outta she self is when she have to deal with that yute.

VB

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »

Well that's allegedly she man outside child so she has a reason to be bitter.  But I does feel sorry for him in trute. De only time dat woman does make a ass outta she self is when she have to deal with that yute.

VB

You reading/have read the books too?

How many are there left to come out in the series? I cah take that 10-years wait nah.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
Maybe we should stick to discussing the show and not the book... as a compromise?  Personally I haven't read any of the books and would rather not get any foreshadowing or anything like that.  That's not to say people can't discuss the book if they so inclined, I will easily read past those comments and stick to discussion of the TV series.... if something get "spoiled" in the process then I'll live, but...

Just a suggestion.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »

Yeah but that theory is built on information available in not only the 1st book/season but also in subsequent books / seasons... that is why it should be considered a spoiler...

Also with the POV thing... take the time to get into all the chapters... there are people who you will hate, who you will come to love... and vice versa... it have one POV that is introduced in book 2 that i hated and find was real slow all the way until the 5th book and now he/she is one of the most kick ass in my view.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »

How many are there left to come out in the series? I cah take that 10-years wait nah.

Almost 20 years ago it was first going to be a trilogy. After GRRM wrote the first book he realised he needed at least 4 or 5 books. After the 3rd book he say ok 6... then all the well documented problems with the 4th/5th book came. He ended up splitting the 4th book in two. The first of those came out in 2005 and pheeeeewwww the next part in 2011... jeezan... He say no more than Seven though... which will be poetic because of the Seven Kingdoms, Seven gods etc etc

1996 - A Game of Thrones
1998 - A Clash of Kings
2000 - A Storm of Swords
2005 - A Feast for Crows
2011 - A Dance with Dragons
20?? - The Winds of Winter
20?? - A Dream of Spring

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »

Almost 20 years ago it was first going to be a trilogy. After GRRM wrote the first book he realised he needed at least 4 or 5 books. After the 3rd book he say ok 6... then all the well documented problems with the 4th/5th book came. He ended up splitting the 4th book in two. The first of those came out in 2005 and pheeeeewwww the next part in 2011... jeezan... He say no more than Seven though... which will be poetic because of the Seven Kingdoms, Seven gods etc etc

1996 - A Game of Thrones
1998 - A Clash of Kings
2000 - A Storm of Swords
2005 - A Feast for Crows
2011 - A Dance with Dragons
20?? - The Winds of Winter
20?? - A Dream of Spring

Hmph...I cah take dah waiting ting nah.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
I am now 1/2 way through Book 4.

I saw Season 1 before reading book 1. Then I read book 1 and found that it filled in the 'blanks'. So I am now in the process of re-watching Season 1.

I would recommend reading the books before watching the shows.  I don't think it will detract from the show; it actually enhanced my viewing experience as I watched it a second time.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »
Come Toppa... declare your allegiance!
Are you a Lannister, a Stark, Baratheon, Greyjoy or Targaryen.
(HBO outdoing themselves with all these previews)

House Lannister
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jg1ISNSXZHY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Jg1ISNSXZHY</a>

House Stark
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9cqABojhqr4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9cqABojhqr4</a>

House Baratheon
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mDlEqdKe0g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-mDlEqdKe0g</a>

House Greyjoy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5Nwnqz_iEY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R5Nwnqz_iEY</a>

House Targaryen
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JAQcQQ2H-A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8JAQcQQ2H-A</a>

1]; } ?>