April 19, 2024, 02:26:50 PM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 145522 times)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
ah going and bandwaggon with allyuh and agree... for the non book readers this must be very disappointing especially after all the bacchanal last year.

It look like they made deliberate decisions this year in attempts to appease fans and the stars. 3 examples are Robb, Jon Snow and Daenerys, whose plot lines were extended and drawn out as they are becoming big stars. However in doing this they cut down on plenty action that they probably figured the fans would not have been interested in. I feel they make a wrong gamble there.
For instance Arya whole story line was plenty more pace and action, with her ending up in and getting out of Harrenhal. Stannis get cut down and Bran as well.

Hopefully the last two episodes do the series justice... and not just a big pick up in episode 9 and then another let down in the finale
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
ah going and bandwaggon with allyuh and agree... for the non book readers this must be very disappointing especially after all the bacchanal last year.

It look like they made deliberate decisions this year in attempts to appease fans and the stars. 3 examples are Robb, Jon Snow and Daenerys, whose plot lines were extended and drawn out as they are becoming big stars. However in doing this they cut down on plenty action that they probably figured the fans would not have been interested in. I feel they make a wrong gamble there.
For instance Arya whole story line was plenty more pace and action, with her ending up in and getting out of Harrenhal. Stannis get cut down and Bran as well.

Hopefully the last two episodes do the series justice... and not just a big pick up in episode 9 and then another let down in the finale

That is the rub right there, and quite frankly their storylines aren't that interesting.  Daenerys plot move a total of two inches... from roaming the desert, to sanctuary in Q'arth to losing the dragons.  An entire season??  And quite frankly, her pompous postulating about how she's the "Mother of Dragons" kinda getting tired... she ent shit with she aides and allies.

Rob spend ah entire season looking vex lyricsing Charlie Chaplin granddaughter... while John somehow figure out a way to get heself and de rest ah de Black Watch captured.  Contained in a single episode and it wouldn't be so bad... but we on blasted Episode 8 and still dealing with dis shit?  Steups.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
Boy ever since I see the two yutes burnt, I had a mind it was a set up. But I was too frighten to come here for the "Book Men" to spoil it for meh.

Have to admit I cool with the flow but yes seeing that it's only 10 episodes maybe it could have a little more to it. What hurts is man have to wait ten months for it to start again.

I see the nurse finally drop she dress. Nice form.

I love the way Arya is being developed. Like a kinda undercover spy.
Just when I start to like the Queen a little bit she get real nasty. I actually have sympath for this woman. I think she simply a bitter product of the circumstances she has suffered.

I eh read no book, but I have the joy of trying to understand wtf going on and to predict what's next.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »
Look the preview for next episode... it giving meh chills.. ah hope it live up to de hype!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYFP6P_n_W8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MYFP6P_n_W8</a>

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2012, 09:34:05 PM »
Hot Pie for Iron Chef

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2012, 05:26:39 AM »

I still two or three episodes behind and I never read the books but tis is a common problem with TV serializing fiction. TV viewers root for characters and they need to recur regardless of what went on in the source material.

What makes some of these books good is the “realism” of the multiple characters interacting and the ease with which characters get killed/leave/replaced. In a book, you could instantly jump to an obscure or new character, fill out backstory, follow the character and tell a good story separate from the main characters. It much harder to do with TV where you have to have everybody under contract.

I see something similar with the Walking Dead. Most of the 2nd season was nothing happening while in the book the story moves at a quick pace. Also they hold on to characters on the TV show much longer than in the book. In the book anybody could get pass out without notice at any time.

Not surprisingly some of the best TV shows in recent memory like the Sopranos and The Wire had big casts, told multiple story lines and regularly got rid of big characters or had serious tragedy hit surviving characters. Although even these shows had an untouchable core and there was no book for people to compare them to.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:54 AM »
Bess episode...of de season!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »

Maco Meh man Jeoffrey run like ah biatch :rotfl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 28, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
I am two episodes behind.  Finding it slow.
But it sounds like it will pick up soon . hope so.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 28, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »
I didn't like this episode so much. Too much long-winded speeches from that hard-pan queen.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
Jeoffery is really a waste yes. I doh he go last much longer.

VB

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »
well I outa luck it look like tv-links get busted
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2012, 11:41:30 PM »

What did my mother say!?  Did she require me for urgent business?

She didn't say anything like that.  She just said to come.  You can't go my Grace!

A couple seconds to pause.........

You!  Stand in and represent the King!  Be brave and fight hard.  All with a straight face eh

Turn and run to hide behind mommy skirt without as much as a glance at Uncle Tyrion  ;D ;D

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2012, 12:46:40 AM »

What did my mother say!?  Did she require me for urgent business?

She didn't say anything like that.  She just said to come.  You can't go my Grace!

A couple seconds to pause.........

You!  Stand in and represent the King!  Be brave and fight hard.  All with a straight face eh

Turn and run to hide behind mommy skirt without as much as a glance at Uncle Tyrion  ;D ;D

Tyrion is a real "half man" boy ;-)

I have to admit the invading King led from the front and dey just buss it and leave he ass.
I just doh see Jeoffery holding on to that throne. He is such a waste.

VB

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »
hafman kyah get de fighting till de bitter end  in tac nah! man get anneddah knock oui. at least dis time he get tuh chop orf ah man leg and crack open dey chess before he get cut and passout. hafman hafman hafman

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
hafman kyah get de fighting till de bitter end  in tac nah! man get anneddah knock oui. at least dis time he get tuh chop orf ah man leg and crack open dey chess before he get cut and passout. hafman hafman hafman

You have to admire the bravery though ;-)

And he have  a nice woman.

VB

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
No updates on the Khaleesi, Rob Stark, John Snow, Theon, or Arya.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »
No updates on the Khaleesi, Rob Stark, John Snow, Theon, or Arya.

we wanted action.... doh seem to have much of dat goin on dey, d bolded is real surprise given dat a war is being fought
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:03:33 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »
I know allyuh fellas love allyuh Khaleesi and I liked her too in season 1, but now she just rel annoying.

www.westindiantube.com

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2012, 08:10:23 PM »
I know allyuh fellas love allyuh Khaleesi and I liked her too in season 1, but now she just rel annoying.

I find the writers annoyin.  They take a whole season to make her go from wandering in the desert to losing her "babies".

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2012, 11:54:31 AM »

Yuh hattuh check de comments  ;)

... as fuh de episode

I stay away until ah could watch it... nuff action tuh make up fuh all ah last month wasted space.

De Mountain say "if any of them flaming f**king arrows come near me I will strangle you with your own guts!"

He talk all kinda gun talk tuh Tyrion pardnah... and chop dong rell men in battle.  Soon as he see ah man rushing him aflame doh de fight seep out he body.

"f**k the City.  f**k the King's war... f**k the KING!"

Man duss it yes... gone and hole up in Sansa bedroom lol

De wildfire pyrotechnics... lawd.  Nuff man get lick up, including Ser Onion.

Joffrey say "allyuh hold fast and fight in de name ah de king... mammy want mih" lol

Nice plot twist tuh have Lannister and dem ride tuh de rescue when everybody tort they was up North engaging Rob.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »

... as fuh de episode

I stay away until ah could watch it... nuff action tuh make up fuh all ah last month wasted space.

De Mountain say "if any of them flaming f**king arrows come near me I will strangle you with your own guts!"

He talk all kinda gun talk tuh Tyrion pardnah... and chop dong rell men in battle.  Soon as he see ah man rushing him aflame doh de fight seep out he body.

Joffrey say "allyuh hold fast and fight in de name ah de king... mammy want mih" lol

Nice plot twist tuh have Lannister and dem ride tuh de rescue when everybody tort they was up North engaging Rob.

Is not the Mountain is he brother the Hound.... but yuh whole synopsis have meh in tears though  :rotfl:

Allyuh remember when man mother used to come and call dem out of dance long time... dais wha Joffery get.

"King Joffery yuh mother waiting for yuh outside! Time to go home"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »

... as fuh de episode

Is not the Mountain is he brother the Hound.... but yuh whole synopsis have meh in tears though  :rotfl:

Allyuh remember when man mother used to come and call dem out of dance long time... dais wha Joffery get.

The only difference is that little punk was happy mommy call him.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

truetrini

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »

truetrini

« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2012, 03:57:06 PM »

Mother of Dragons?   Khaleesi

truetrini

« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2012, 08:05:18 PM »

Yeah yuh right is the Hound ("Dog" as Joffrey keep calling him).  What happen to Mountain... he died earlier this season, right?  Ah guess now we know how Hound get he scars though... fire traumatize he ass lol

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »

Yeah yuh right is the Hound ("Dog" as Joffrey keep calling him).  What happen to Mountain... he died earlier this season, right?  Ah guess now we know how Hound get he scars though... fire traumatize he ass lol

Didn't dey say in earlier eps, dat the mountain end up bunning be brudda de dog and dias hoe he get the he good looks?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »

Didn't dey say in earlier eps, dat the mountain end up bunning be brudda de dog and dias hoe he get the he good looks?

Yes, Littlefinger told Sansa the story (in the TV show adapatation).
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
But the season finale was not so bad.

LOVED seeing Khal Drogo again and that baby was too cute.

Khaleesi finally did something worthwhile after being a waste of space all season.

The White Walkers looked kind of cool in a way...piercing blue eyes. Winter now reach!!
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>