April 28, 2024, 04:29:56 AM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 146659 times)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #300 on: April 30, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »
Bakes you real like to win ah argument boy...
I obsessed with this series and show for several years, so you can't come with no education for me on this.

Your initial comment made it seem as if they barely acknowledge this series on their schedule and promotion had been an afterthought.
Now you can argue that this year's promotion was taken to another level, but I believe it would be false to say that it wasn't heavily promoted previously.
In fact your "relative" comment tie up everything nicely and you could have leave it there.

p.s. Another angle though is that because I am a superfan I would be more aware in noticing and seeking out promotional materials than the average viewer.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 30, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
Bakes you real like to win ah argument boy...
I obsessed with this series and show for several years, so you can't come with no education for me on this.

Your initial comment made it seem as if they barely acknowledge this series on their schedule and promotion had been an afterthought.
Now you can argue that this year's promotion was taken to another level, but I believe it would be false to say that it wasn't heavily promoted previously.
In fact your "relative" comment tie up everything nicely and you could have leave it there.

p.s. Another angle though is that because I am a superfan I would be more aware in noticing and seeking out promotional materials than the average viewer.

I'm not trying to 'win' no argument... and I'm not trying to school you on anything, that's your perception.  All I'm saying is that from any objective standpoint, HBO has not been promoting this show as would befit a series of its standing.  You hear about Boardwalk Empire etc., on Showtime you hear about Spartacus etc. in the mainstream.  GoT by comparison largely enjoyed currency among fans... hardcore and the extended fanbase.  Because you're such a diehard maybe that's why you see it differently... that there's been all this support of the show.  HBO themself have finally accepted that the show has sufficient international appeal to promote it accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:06:09 PM by Bakes »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2013, 12:26:38 PM »
the nudity and sexuality also get tone down a lot as it became more mainstream.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2013, 06:20:58 AM »

Exactly, sex sells and jus like Spartacus, they doing a bait and switch kinda model.  They catch you wid all kinda sex and killer action and then once you on the hook, they keep you wid d story line and far less sex.  On a side note: ah fine doe, they have less sex between m/f and more M/M action and ah cah handle dat, doh mine the m/F/F or even F/F action LOL.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2013, 06:18:38 AM »

Exactly, sex sells and jus like Spartacus, they doing a bait and switch kinda model.  They catch you wid all kinda sex and killer action and then once you on the hook, they keep you wid d story line and far less sex.  On a side note: ah fine doe, they have less sex between m/f and more M/M action and ah cah handle dat, doh mine the m/F/F or even F/F action LOL.

I does think about Sam when I see the m/m scenes   ;)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2013, 07:14:53 AM »

Yu go get buss head

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »

Yu go get buss head

my head jess like Tyrion.  It big and hard.  You eh see how he take a sword to his face and survive that? (even though in the book, he lost his nose)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »
I see a darkness inside of you  :devil:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
Question: Did Jon deliberately take them over the wall instead of through the tunnel?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »
Question: Did Jon deliberately take them over the wall instead of through the tunnel?

Well no.1 it wasn't Jon's plan
and no.2 The tunnels at the watch posts that were abandoned have been long filled in and frozen over.

Unless you mean the main tunnel at Castle Black where all the Night's Watch are... which would be counter to their plans.

They are going over the wall far from Castle Black and then doubling around to attack the Night's Watch from the South and take them by surprise. They then plan to open the main tunnel for Mance and the wildling army
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:50:29 PM by FF »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »

and no.2 The tunnels at the watch posts that were abandoned have been long filled in and frozen over.

Unless you mean the main tunnel at Castle Black where all the Night's Watch are... which would be counter to their plans.

They are going over the wall far from Castle Black and then doubling around to attack the Night's Watch from the South and take them by surprise. They then plan to open the main tunnel for Mance and the wildling army

But didn't all of the Night's Watch ride out with the Commander? End of Season 2 Mormont said the Night's Watch was riding out in force...I guess not?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2013, 05:27:04 PM »

But didn't all of the Night's Watch ride out with the Commander? End of Season 2 Mormont said the Night's Watch was riding out in force...I guess not?

Well that wouldn't make no kinda sense to leave the wall completely unguarded.
Most of the rangers went. Jon was a steward but he beg to go. They would have left a garrison at each of the three manned watchposts, plus the newer recruits, older members, the stewards and builders.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
K.....
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »
I guessin that since Theon is still alive he still has a part to play. Doh spoil it for me, I never read the books.
Joffrey gettin down and dirty and the mayor of Baltimore not eatin nice at all.
Run Jon Snow RUN!  Wilding gyul start makin real assumptions about she and Jon Snow, but like she said if he cross her he go dead lol.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
I guessin that since Theon is still alive he still has a part to play. Doh spoil it for me, I never read the books.
Run Jon Snow RUN!  Wilding gyul start makin real assumptions about she and Jon Snow, but like she said if he cross her he go dead lol.

de man bounce up on he first stage 5 clinger.

one beat and dais he woman yes  :rotfl:

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »
She's an ole fashion lass this one.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »
She's an ole fashion lass this one.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

de man bounce up on he first stage 5 clinger.

one beat and dais he woman yes  :rotfl:

More like she read the situation long time and know how to survive,. Mama eh raise no fool.  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
since streams getting slower and harder to find, for d people dat know how to handle torrents http://eztv.it/search/ just do a search there is usually a large HD version and a 300-400meg version of each file only ting is yuh goh have to remember to clean up yuh hard drive ever so often if yuh doh plan on collecting episodes.
I pity the fool....

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 14, 2013, 04:05:14 PM »
Urgh - that Dragon girl... ::)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 14, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »

She bad as hell eh!   :-* :devil:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »

I don't like her...I don't know if it's the actress or the character...
www.westindiantube.com

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2013, 01:45:02 AM »

I don't like her...I don't know if it's the actress or the character...

She has evolved from the very first season and become more bad ass.

SPOILER ALERT

I have tried hard over the last few episodes not like Jamie Lannnister. I had to remind myself that he threw a child from a window. And what goes around comes around.

But shit .... the man jump into a pit, with one hand and no weapon to take on a Grizzly and defend "Rango Tango." Sheeet!!!! Dat is saga boy - one fo%%ing hand nand no weapon!!!???

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »
Spoiler Alert
In case you want a recap of the last episode....relax fellas it's only acting :rotfl:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5766ea13c1/gay-of-thrones-game-of-thrones-ep-7-recap?rel=featured

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2013, 12:53:08 AM »

Yeah, she real irritating dis rounds... is de pomposity with which they have she speaking de words... de false sense of authority. She almost like Joffrey.  Enough with de "Mother of Dragons" talk.

... Jamie well rehabbing he character dis rounds.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2013, 12:57:50 AM »
Spoiler Alert
In case you want a recap of the last episode....relax fellas it's only acting :rotfl:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5766ea13c1/gay-of-thrones-game-of-thrones-ep-7-recap?rel=featured

rofl... hilarious shit  :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »

Yeah, she real irritating dis rounds... is de pomposity with which they have she speaking de words... de false sense of authority. She almost like Joffrey.  Enough with de "Mother of Dragons" talk.

... Jamie well rehabbing he character dis rounds.

Don't forget, as much as she is different from her brother, she grew up with him and his arrogant sense of entitlement... and since he dead, she have jorah mormont blowing smoke up she arse. "Yes Khaleesi, you are My Khaleesi"
Plus dragons... and a powerful old name... its a surprise she is not ah arse like she brother... but who knows, yeah maybe time yet...

to go either way...  ::)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »
From de time dat Fabio looking Second Son fella start sizing up Khaleesi I know he was going tuh blaze it.  Now is only ah matter ah time.

Things finally picking up ah li'l bit up north... nice twist with Sam and de Dragonglass (Obsidian) spear tip.

De Blacksmith fella Gendry might have tuh buy ah rounds fuh Ser Davos fuh saving him from Melisandre.  He lucky is just leeches and not ah dagger she pull out.

Meanwhile Tyrion find ah piece ah chivalry long enough tuh put away he totee... so Sansa safe fuh now.  Meanwhile Arya like she contemplating ah change ah heart towards The Hound (or is he de Mountain, I could never keep them straight).

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2013, 01:03:00 AM »
From de time dat Fabio looking Second Son fella start sizing up Khaleesi I know he was going tuh blaze it.  Now is only ah matter ah time.

Things finally picking up ah li'l bit up north... nice twist with Sam and de Dragonglass (Obsidian) spear tip.

De Blacksmith fella Gendry might have tuh buy ah rounds fuh Ser Davos fuh saving him from Melisandre.  He lucky is just leeches and not ah dagger she pull out.

Meanwhile Tyrion find ah piece ah chivalry long enough tuh put away he totee... so Sansa safe fuh now.  Meanwhile Arya like she contemplating ah change ah heart towards The Hound (or is he de Mountain, I could never keep them straight).
But big boy run and leave the dagger behind, he does  get me rell mad with his slow ass lol

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2013, 08:20:48 AM »

But big boy run and leave the dagger behind, he does  get me rell mad with his slow ass lol

Best believe dat LOL...Fatman only thinking bout one thing lol

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »

Best believe dat LOL...Fatman only thinking bout one thing lol

Yea de baby

1]; } ?>