April 27, 2024, 12:22:41 AM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 146447 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
Season 1 was still the best yes. I guess they really need an actor of the calibre of Boromir (forgot his real name - Sean something ah think).

Or a character to hold all the disparate (yet related) plots together. Right now the show feels like it's going in any and every direction.

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
Mother of Dragons need to strip..The people are getting restless. They are close to revolt. ;D ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
Season 1 was still the best yes. I guess they really need an actor of the calibre of Boromir (forgot his real name - Sean something ah think).

Or a character to hold all the disparate (yet related) plots together. Right now the show feels like it's going in any and every direction.

Ned Stark came closest to doing this... den they chop off he head.  Agreed that Season One was the best.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2013, 04:37:25 PM »
The main character is Westeros. There is nothing like this on television where every show have a starboy or stargirl to fall in love with.
The story is meant to be the star in this work.

This is what happens when you take a work that was actually and purposely meant to be unfilmable and try to put it on screen WHILE trying to stay as true to the source as possible.

The only thing I could recommend for allyuh is to go ahead and read the books. I know some people are loathe to do that with TV shows, and prefer to enjoy the medium as it is presented... but the fact that allyuh enjoy season 1 the most, shows me that the visual narrative was better for the casual fan when it was easier to follow with less characters and locations.

The fact is it may only get worse  :(  depending on how much of the future story they keep. As a dedicated fan to the books and series I hope you all could hold on throughout. I expect quite a few ppl may become exhausted and stop following or may already have.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »
The main character is Westeros. There is nothing like this on television where every show have a starboy or stargirl to fall in love with.

This is what happens when you take a work that was actually and purposely meant to be unfilmable and try to put it on screen WHILE trying to stay as true to the source as possible.

The only thing I could recommend for allyuh is to go ahead and read the books. I know some people are loathe to do that with TV shows, and prefer to enjoy the medium as it is presented... but the fact that allyuh enjoy season 1 the most, shows me that the visual narrative was better for the casual fan when it was easier to follow with less characters and locations.

The fact is it may only get worse  :(  depending on how much of the future story they keep. As a dedicated fan to the books and series I hope you all could hold on throughout. I expect quite a few ppl may become exhausted and stop following or may already have.

You know what it is FF, apart from no longer having a central new Stark-like character, another difference is that with season 1 you felt an actual build-up, crescendo/climax that season 2 and 3 has lacked. I think they should go back to that format instead of treating an entire season as one further step in the overall plot...if I explained that correctly.

But as a fan of the books, are you pleased with how it's been transferred/adapted to the screen? I know people usually aren't e.g Harry Potter.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 22, 2013, 05:06:53 PM »
It have a whole heap of book purists bent out of shape. I am not one.

There are small things here and there that make me think, man they could have translated that better or what they fack they did do that for? Especially in Arya's story and lately with how Danaerys acquired the Second Sons. However, there is no way to please everyone and your budget, so I think they are doing a great job.

You don't think Season 2 had a build up and climax to the Battle of the Blackwater in episode 9? I thought so.
What hurt season 2, and we've discussed this before was the stretching out of Dany's and Robb's stories, which moved very slowly.

The problem with season 3 now is that it is only telling half a book story so of course the natural build-up, crescendo/climax is lost. The producers have decided now to construct a season arc out of roughly half a novel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 22, 2013, 05:23:11 PM »
It have a whole heap of book purists bent out of shape. I am not one.

There are small things here and there that make me think, man they could have translated that better or what they fack they did do that for? Especially in Arya's story and lately with how Danaerys acquired the Second Sons. However, there is no way to please everyone and your budget, so I think they are doing a great job.

You don't think Season 2 had a build up and climax to the Battle of the Blackwater in episode 9? I thought so.
What hurt season 2, and we've discussed this before was the stretching out of Dany's and Robb's stories, which moved very slowly.

The problem with season 3 now is that it is only telling half a book story so of course the natural build-up, crescendo/climax is lost. The producers have decided now to construct a season arc out of roughly half a novel

Oh yeah, there was that climax to Blackwater...but, I hope they do their best with the rest of the series - I'll still watch it.

I want to know who's Jon's mother. :)

I read ahead and there is still a lot of intrigue.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 22, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

Or maybe the screenwriting, production and direction has gotten more slipshod... as you yuhself say, not everything is translating perfectly on screen, so this is not necessarily about the story itself, but rather the production.  Yes, the books... but also the series as presented by HBO. 

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 22, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »

Or maybe the screenwriting, production and direction has gotten more slipshod... as you yuhself say, not everything is translating perfectly on screen, so this is not necessarily about the story itself, but rather the production.  Yes, the books... but also the series as presented by HBO. 

I think the source material is just getting more challenging. They have gotten alot more budget as compared to season 1 and production is becoming more efficient. They still were not sure what they were doing with season one still feeling their way around.

The sheer explosion of characters and locations is just difficult to wield. This past season was filmed in 4 countries, many simultaneously. These 4 countries represent 11 groups of characters in 9 locations. That is dizzying. We ent even start to talk about Dorne, or Braavos or Oldtown. Father!! This was really an impossible task. The production is barely handling it.

As a comparison Season 1 was filmed in 2 countries and represented 7 groups in 6 locations.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:52:22 PM by FF »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 22, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »

I think the source material is just getting more challenging. They have gotten alot more budget as compared to season 1 and production is becoming more efficient. They still were not sure what they were doing with season one still feeling their way around.

The sheer explosion of characters and locations is just difficult to wield. This past season was filmed in 4 countries, many simultaneously. These 4 countries represent 11 groups of characters in 9 locations. That is dizzying. We ent even start to talk about Dorne, or Braavos or Oldtown. Father!! This was really an impossible task. The production is barely handling it.

As a comparison Season 1 was filmed in 2 countries and represented 7 groups in 6 locations.

As I said... the production has been slipshod.  Is nobody fault but their own that they trying to do more than they capable of successfully achieving.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
They hadda show more of Khaleesie nekkid

Setta marching through the desert shit...giwwe some zammy scenes.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2013, 08:06:22 PM »
WHAT THE f**k !! That episode was too much...I am coasingggg

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »
fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
this episode completely f**ked me over....oh shit

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2013, 11:21:49 PM »
Vicious

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2013, 11:49:33 PM »
I don't even know where to start with this one....it had me on the edge of my seat

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2013, 12:51:34 AM »
That's when you live in a world without Jesus.  :)  Lord Fadder.  Where is karma when you need it?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 03, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
As Chinua RR Martin might say... Kings Fall Apart

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 03, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
Take care of the potential heir one time.  Arya lucky Dog drag his feet outside the city.  And it look like Brann is suddenly much more important.
Good episode.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2013, 12:50:47 PM »
Will definitely go down as one of the most dramatic tv episodes ever..

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
WOW. . the Baccannal reached here
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
It suddenly dawn on me that there are no adults left in the Stark family... unless you count John Snow and Theon.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »
It suddenly dawn on me that there are no adults left in the Stark family... unless you count John Snow and Theon.

and nobody ent want Theon anyway

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/78juOpTM3tE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/78juOpTM3tE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »

It real shocking... considering that the Starks far and away are the most loved family in the series. 

**Spoiler Alert**

I read today that the book doesn't have Talisa and the baby dying at the banquet... dai's true?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2013, 05:10:31 PM »

It real shocking... considering that the Starks far and away are the most loved family in the series. 

**Spoiler Alert**

I read today that the book doesn't have Talisa and the baby dying at the banquet... dai's true?

I dodged this thread like a mofo 'til I saw the show.
Unfortunately the torrent I download gave insight into a helluva ending.
So when I see the mother scopsing everybody hard, I suspected. It reduced the shock for me.
I wish them torrent ppl could hull dey ass.
Khaleesi starting to look more bad ass now.
John Snow might shock we.
I feel sorry for that poor girl, she family right on the others side of the wall and they get slaughter.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »
Bakes yse its true. She wasn't named talisa, she wasn't from volantis and she is still alive in the books today.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2013, 07:02:17 PM »
Bakes yse its true. She wasn't named talisa, she wasn't from volantis and she is still alive in the books today.

Well whatever the rationale... suffice to say it real shake things up.  One of the most shocking episodes in the history of television I feel.  Surprising how many hits the Starks thinking, relative to the other households.  Targaryen's lost Daenerys brother in de infamous "Crown of Gold" episode.  Lannisters lost Robert Barratheon (if yuh want to count that), and Jamie's hand of course.  Nobody else hemorrhaging icons like the Starks though.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »
Season three finally reeling me back in.

I had almost given up hope.  Good episode.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 03, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »
Have to admit that this was well acted, but I'm not sure why it was so shocking.
I thought Ned's death was more shocking and disturbing than this.
We were more invested in him I thought.
I guess after he died, I was like expect anything.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 03, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
The first victim and the manner of attack, that's what made it more shocking for me.

1]; } ?>