April 28, 2024, 02:05:54 PM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 146707 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »
This episode had me on the edge of my seat, mother went out like a G..... Best episode yet.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 03, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »
The first victim and the manner of attack, that's what made it more shocking for me.
I always sensed something was not right at that reception.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 03, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »
It was shocking because nobody saw that double-cross coming... then the way all three ah dem get wipe out.  Shit... the simply fact that so many major characters get eliminated all at once.  That was unprecedented in this series... of course it wsa shocking.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2013, 06:40:20 AM »
It was shocking because nobody saw that double-cross coming... then the way all three ah dem get wipe out.  Shit... the simply fact that so many major characters get eliminated all at once.  That was unprecedented in this series... of course it wsa shocking.

equally shocking in the book too. Having read the book I was anxiously waiting for this episode. Wanted to see how they presented it. I was not disappointed.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »
The author say he want people to be shocked and grieve for his characters when they die.
He say if somebody dies and you go for more popcorn, then it was a superficial experience.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »
The author say he want people to be shocked and grieve for his characters when they die.
He say if somebody dies and you go for more popcorn, then it was a superficial experience.

That's what he want?  Leh he play with people and their characters.  He asking to get a bust head or worst.  Tell meh allyuh didn't want to go in that tv and set things right. 

The most hurtful part is the lil girl...and the wolf.    Them wolf big boy.  They need to conjure 10,000 of them thing.  Forget dragons oui. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2013, 06:41:03 PM »
That's what he want?  Leh he play with people and their characters.  He asking to get a bust head or worst.  Tell meh allyuh didn't want to go in that tv and set things right. 

The most hurtful part is the lil girl...and the wolf.    Them wolf big boy.  They need to conjure 10,000 of them thing.  Forget dragons oui. 

Them ain't mere wolves... but Dire Wolves.  The Dire Wolf is to a wolf what the Saber-Tooth tiger is to present-day Tigers.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2013, 09:59:26 PM »

Them ain't mere wolves... but Dire Wolves.  The Dire Wolf is to a wolf what the Saber-Tooth tiger is to present-day Tigers.

What Sabre-Tooth tiger?  You mean Smilodons.  I'll take 10K in Winterfell and we got this. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
Man, bess eps for the year...Almost as good as Spartacus.  Still shocked that in one ep, he kill off so many good characters.  Yep Moms, went out like ah badess, but I think they should have seen it coming.  Can't wait for next week, but I don't know who to follow anymore.  I want to follow Snow, but we know how that ends.  I guess it's the imp for me and maybe Jamie and Rango Tango or Sam
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2013, 06:39:14 AM »
Man, bess eps for the year...Almost as good as Spartacus.  Still shocked that in one ep, he kill off so many good characters.  Yep Moms, went out like ah badess, but I think they should have seen it coming.  Can't wait for next week, but I don't know who to follow anymore.  I want to follow Snow, but we know how that ends.  I guess it's the imp for me and maybe Jamie and Rango Tango or Sam

Nah, we doh know, plz doh give no hints.

Mums went out like a Champ - that was some powerful acting.
I feel sorry for that little gir. First she see she fadda get beheaded. Then after a year in exile, she was so close to her family and BAM they just dead.

I know ppl who so vex they don't want to watch the show anymore.  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2013, 07:34:32 AM »

Nah, we doh know, plz doh give no hints.

Mums went out like a Champ - that was some powerful acting.
I feel sorry for that little gir. First she see she fadda get beheaded. Then after a year in exile, she was so close to her family and BAM they just dead.

I know ppl who so vex they don't want to watch the show anymore.  ;D

Vb, nah I wouldn't say nutting but like walking dead, no character safe pal....So doh play yu falling in love wit dem.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 08, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »
I was talking to a book geek today, kool fellar, who is into books like this show. He told me about stuff that is yet to come..one being a woman called "lady stone heart". He told me about the Red wedding months ago, but I did not pay much attention, cause he does talk a lot lol. Anyway lady stone heart is Rob Snow mother that gets brought back from the dead by the red priest and she is filled with revenge. She is not the same person as before, sounds like she will be merciless. He said she has the scar on her neck and she covers it to talk. He told me a lot of other stuff. Like I said he talks a lot .

Can anyone confirm this? O and arie turns out to be a serious killer in a good way I guess.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:42:15 PM by triniairman »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
I was talking to a book geek today, kool fellar, who is into books like this show. He told me about stuff that is yet to come..one being a woman called "lady stone heart". He told me about the Red wedding months ago, but aimed not pay much attention, cause he does talk a lot lol. Anyway lady sone heart is Rob Snow mother that gets brought back from the dead by the red priest and she is filled with revenge. She is not the same person as before, sounds like she will merciless. He said she has the scar on her neck and she covers it to talk. He told me a lot of other stuff. Like I said he talks a lot .

Can anyone confirm this? O and arie turns out to be a serious killer in a good way I guess.

Does the term SPOILER ALERT!!! mean nothing to you?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 08, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
I was talking to a book geek today, kool fellar, who is into books like this show. He told me about stuff that is yet to come..one being a woman called "lady stone heart". He told me about the Red wedding months ago, but aimed not pay much attention, cause he does talk a lot lol. Anyway lady sone heart is Rob Snow mother that gets brought back from the dead by the red priest and she is filled with revenge. She is not the same person as before, sounds like she will merciless. He said she has the scar on her neck and she covers it to talk. He told me a lot of other stuff. Like I said he talks a lot .

Does the term SPOILER ALERT!!! mean nothing to you?

VB
There was nothing to Alert, if I'm trying to confirm the damn thing myself...

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 09, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
I was talking to a book geek today, kool fellar, who is into books like this show. He told me about stuff that is yet to come..one being a woman called "lady stone heart". He told me about the Red wedding months ago, but I did not pay much attention, cause he does talk a lot lol. Anyway lady stone heart is Rob Snow mother that gets brought back from the dead by the red priest and she is filled with revenge. She is not the same person as before, sounds like she will be merciless. He said she has the scar on her neck and she covers it to talk. He told me a lot of other stuff. Like I said he talks a lot .

SPOILER ALERT ... SPOILER ALERT

In response to Triniairman query

Click and drag to  ... Yes, that sounds about right ... over here

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:57 AM »
Once more, Episode 9 for the third consecutive series end up being the most compelling.  The Season Finale was another anti-climax.  Whole season Whitewalkers marching on Winterfell and dey cyah reach yet.

Kinda tired ah de blonde, blue-eyed savior thing they pushing with Daenerys. 

Jamie reach home... John Snow too... Starks and dem decimated.  Season in a nutshell.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 10, 2013, 06:27:51 AM »
Once more, Episode 9 for the third consecutive series end up being the most compelling.  The Season Finale was another anti-climax.  Whole season Whitewalkers marching on Winterfell and dey cyah reach yet.

Kinda tired ah de blonde, blue-eyed savior thing they pushing with Daenerys. 

Jamie reach home... John Snow too... Starks and dem decimated.  Season in a nutshell.

didn't find it all that anticlimactic, not the heights generated by nine, but still good enough, but ah know what  u mean 'bout d white walkers, I thought we woulda be deep in the middle ah dat war from d word go...but.......... :(
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 10, 2013, 10:02:50 AM »
also see Sam have more pieces of d ting dat kill d white walkers loose end tied up
I pity the fool....

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »
Yeah, everybody was vex when they though Sam dropped the only dagger he had that could kill the White Walkers.

And that last scene with Danaerys was nauseating. I've said it before but I don't like how all the slaves and 'savages' seem to be a particular hue of people. I think we've seen the White saviour motif enough times, no?  ::)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 10, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »
Yeah, everybody was vex when they though Sam dropped the only dagger he had that could kill the White Walkers.

And that last scene with Danaerys was nauseating. I've said it before but I don't like how all the slaves and 'savages' seem to be a particular hue of people. I think we've seen the White saviour motif enough times, no?  ::)

yeah dat get on mih nerves a bit
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 10, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »

Yeah it was particularly noticeable and discomfiting this time... the whole "misa/mother" thing was cringe-inducing.  Before FF start... the way the story is written it probably does make sense that the 'brown' people are found in the warmer climes, presumably further south where she traveling, so okay, no brown people of note in the main story/ies.  However, to have her come as this Gran Liberator figure to the unsophisticated, unwashed masses kinda getting tired.  She could easily be amassing her army by forging alliances, rather than by incurring the gratitude of liberated slaves.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 10, 2013, 01:18:52 PM »

Yeah it was particularly noticeable and discomfiting this time... the whole "misa/mother" thing was cringe-inducing.  Before FF start... the way the story is written it probably does make sense that the 'brown' people are found in the warmer climes, presumably further south where she traveling, so okay, no brown people of note in the main story/ies.  However, to have her come as this Gran Liberator figure to the unsophisticated, unwashed masses kinda getting tired.  She could easily be amassing her army by forging alliances, rather than by incurring the gratitude of liberated slaves.

Ent!

It was just overkill. I wonder if they know they're making her a dislikeable character. I don't know if it's the actress, the character or the script/direction...

And I can't believe Jon leave out Ygritte so cold...lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:10 PM »

nah I was actually disappointed with the ending too  ;D

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 10, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »

Ent!

It was just overkill. I wonder if they know they're making her a dislikeable character. I don't know if it's the actress, the character or the script/direction...

Toppa ah bet yuh woulda shoot him too ent?? Not like she coulda put out all he clothes

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 10, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »

Jon blazing that normal next season.  Yuh eh see Ygritte ress three Tobago love arrow in he tail... dem is love taps whey she come from :D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »
Yeah that was boring.  The most imminent thing to look forward to is the Greyjoy girl ridin for the janitor.  Can't believe they leave Theon woodless.

Arya's scene was good too. Dog sit dong and start to eat the men food yes.  He does real crack me up.

And I see they settin up the Warden of the North to be another disliked character.  Lots to look forward to next season but this was a shitty finale.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:36:39 AM by Peong »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 11, 2013, 01:49:15 PM »
Yeah that was boring.  The most imminent thing to look forward to is the Greyjoy girl ridin for the janitor.  Can't believe they leave Theon woodless.

Arya's scene was good too. Dog sit dong and start to eat the men food yes.  He does real crack me up.

And I see they settin up the Warden of the North to be another disliked character.  Lots to look forward to next season but this was a shitty finale.

The season finale is always a little subdued in Game of Thrones - the climax always(?) happens in the second to last episode - I'm thinking back to Season 1 here when they chopped off Ned Stark's head - season two was forgettable to me - can't remember which episode the climax happened in.

And yeah, Theon's sister riding for him was a great scene. I don't exactly feel sorry for Theon, but Tamsay's treatment of him doesn't seem like 'justice' - it's just sadistic.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 11, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
Racism In Game of Thrones’ Season 3 Finale?

Game of Thrones, HBO’s blockbuster show based on the A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series by George R.R. Martin, wrapped up its third season on Sunday evening. But the closing scene of the episode may have left some of the reported five million viewers uncomfortable with the scene’s cultural insensitivity and potentially racist tone.
The scene shows heroine Daenerys Targaryen appearing before the thousands of Yunkai slaves she has just liberated. The fictional city of Yunkai’s main trade is slaves, and Martin’s books note that Yunkai slave traders have captured a broad spectrum of individuals throughout the years. As such, one would expect the Yunkai slaves to be diverse in appearance, notwithstanding the scorching sun.
Well, that wasn’t the case.
From the first wide-angle shot of the crowd of slaves, to the close-ups of the slaves as Daenerys walks among them, it is all a sea of ethnically brown and black individuals.

The question is… Why? Why did HBO make a conscious choice to portray the slaves almost exclusively as brown and black, particularly when the book does not describe them as such and, on the contrary, notes the slaves of Yunkai hail from all over and thus reflect a variety of ethnicities?
Making the scene even more culturally insensitive was the visual of these dark-skinned slaves raising in adoration a platinum blond, blue-eyed individual as their savior. The undertones of colonialism are evident.
In contrast, while apparently skewing the books in order to portray slaves as dark, the show has done the opposite for a key figure: Daario Naharis, a main character introduced this season, is understood by book readers to have dark skin. HBO instead cast a blond, blue-eyed Calvin-Klein-model type.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/opinion/2013/06/11/racism-in-game-thrones-season-3-finale/#ixzz2VwHaiMdY
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:52:51 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 11, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »
Well the problem was them scenes was filmed in Morocco, so thais where they get they extras. And Moroccan extras are going to be shades of brown.
I and all find it look off and wasn't exactly true to the source material but them's de breaks.

Racist? no
Insensitive? probably

EDIT: No way HBO made a CONSCIOUS decision to portray the slaves that way. They call for extras in Morocco. thais all
Also Daario Naharis is canonically very light skin. Meanwhile Daxos from last season was supposed to be white as milk, but in the show he was blacker than 5 past midnight.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:24:06 PM by FF »

1]; } ?>