April 28, 2024, 11:27:09 PM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 146799 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #390 on: June 11, 2013, 06:33:41 PM »
It probably wasn't conscious but unconsciously doing something like that is just as damaging.

And if it were a random sampling of Moroccans why were there so many sub-saharan-looking persons? I would think the majority of Moroccons would look like Zidane and Benzema, as in - Berber.

But that article I posted, the rest of it was going off on some Latino-stereotypes rant...as I was like - ok then....
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2013, 07:17:30 AM »
This might seem ridiculous but I actually appreciated the season finale not on par wth the penultimate episode.
To have to wait 10 months for the next episode is criminal and the sorf ending does lessen the blow for me.

A fantastic ending like  Ep. 9 would make it even tougher to wait out 10 months.

What I appreciated about this season is that a real effort was made to have an idea of what was going on with all the characters from episode to episode. There was greater cohesion throughout the season.

As someone who has not read the books this season was an eye opener. The Stark family is obviously not untouchable.
And I find myself wondering what go happen when the other side bounce up dem Dragons.

I find it hard to believe that the Stark family get overs so. Ah sure somebody go bounce back.
And I cah believe Jon Snow eh ask de woman to come wit him.

I can't wait to see how the character of Jamie Lannister evolves.

Now to dodge allyuh spoilers for the next yr.  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »
The season finale is always a little subdued in Game of Thrones - the climax always(?) happens in the second to last episode - I'm thinking back to Season 1 here when they chopped off Ned Stark's head - season two was forgettable to me - can't remember which episode the climax happened in.

Season Two's climax was also in Episode 9, the Battle of Blackwater.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »
As far as waiting for next season goes, I could wait... the bloom off de rose fuh me.  They dragging out the series with a bunch of bullshit episodes in between, throwing in one or two compelling scenes, great Ep. 9, soft finale.  Then the capper is this whole deification of Daenerys, nauseating in itself minus the cultural/racial "insensitivity".  I still enjoy the series but the minute I have to start countenancing that against the negatives then it ain't the same level of enjoyment.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
Well the problem was them scenes was filmed in Morocco, so thais where they get they extras. And Moroccan extras are going to be shades of brown.
I and all find it look off and wasn't exactly true to the source material but them's de breaks.

Racist? no
Insensitive? probably

EDIT: No way HBO made a CONSCIOUS decision to portray the slaves that way. They call for extras in Morocco. thais all
Also Daario Naharis is canonically very light skin. Meanwhile Daxos from last season was supposed to be white as milk, but in the show he was blacker than 5 past midnight.

But in his (TV) storyline they had him say that he was once a slave...
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »
As far as waiting for next season goes, I could wait... the bloom off de rose fuh me.  They dragging out the series with a bunch of bullshit episodes in between, throwing in one or two compelling scenes, great Ep. 9, soft finale.  Then the capper is this whole deification of Daenerys, nauseating in itself minus the cultural/racial "insensitivity".  I still enjoy the series but the minute I have to start countenancing that against the negatives then it ain't the same level of enjoyment.

Maybe they're dragging it out because it takes the author 10 years to finish one book.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2013, 02:53:31 PM »
Funny... I was just about to come talk about the strange racial feelings in this show.  Glad to see yall sense the the same vibes. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2013, 08:43:37 PM »
At least it have black and brown people in it.  Where de chinee and dem? 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2013, 06:35:21 AM »

They live in a yet to be discovered region.  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2013, 07:18:21 AM »

They live in a yet to be discovered region.  ;D

I would answer this but I know VB against all kinda spoilers  ;)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 13, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
Well the problem was them scenes was filmed in Morocco, so thais where they get they extras. And Moroccan extras are going to be shades of brown.
I and all find it look off and wasn't exactly true to the source material but them's de breaks.

Racist? no
Insensitive? probably

EDIT: No way HBO made a CONSCIOUS decision to portray the slaves that way. They call for extras in Morocco. thais all
Also Daario Naharis is canonically very light skin. Meanwhile Daxos from last season was supposed to be white as milk, but in the show he was blacker than 5 past midnight.

But in his (TV) storyline they had him say that he was once a slave...
as it was in the books as well. He was a black actor playing a role that was originally written as a white character. I see what you alluding to eh

but look how funny it is.. It have people on fan sites blue vex that they make Xaro Xoan Daxos black, Sallador San the pirate became black, Jeyne Westerling became Talisa, a coloured woman. All Syrio and all because he hair was kinky. They say it wasn't true to the books and its just political correctness gone awry. So ppl vex either way

They have a thread here going on 55 pages on the topic of racism and also misogny on game of thrones. You might be interested in it
http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3204403-racism-misogyny-and-other-incendiary-topics/page-1

it have some good posts starting on about pg 53 arguing why GoT the show, while perhaps not purposely, is still participating in reinforcing stereotypes and offensive tropes
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:10:24 AM by FF »

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 13, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »

building dey own wall
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 13, 2013, 01:18:32 PM »

building dey own wall

that is from arrested development ent.  :rotfl:  i think they are mongolians.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 13, 2013, 01:22:34 PM »

building dey own wall

that is from arrested development ent.  :rotfl:  i think they are mongolians.

ha ha ha the mongolians mash up cinco de cuatro  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 15, 2013, 12:36:49 AM »
I could post the article... but I think it works best in it's original setting/format.  Discusses the racism/colonialism aspect of Daenerys' sojourns among the brown peoples.

Daenerys' whole storyline on Game of Thrones is messed up

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2013, 07:09:29 PM »
Yes @ that article.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »
just finished watching season 3. ah glad to see grey worm hold he own in yunkai. is grey worm a character just for the series or is he in the books as well?

baelish 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2013, 02:59:29 PM »
just finished watching season 3. ah glad to see grey worm hold he own in yunkai. is grey worm a character just for the series or is he in the books as well?

baelish 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

Grey Worm in the books.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2014, 11:42:27 AM »
Game of Thrones Season 4 Preview
Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5iS3tULXMQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/J5iS3tULXMQ</a>

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:47:37 AM by FF »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2014, 03:50:13 AM »
As someone who's read ahead, I'm looking forward to this series. I just find Daeneyres (whatever spelt) incredibly boring. Seriously I was in two minds about skipping her chapters every time I get to them. I'm hoping in the new book something interesting happens with her.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 07, 2014, 02:06:38 PM »
So nobody eh watch it?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 07, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
So nobody eh watch it?

It was a good beginning to the new season. Plans were being made for the royal wedding. Dragons getting bigger. Did you watch and if so what are your initial thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:37:01 PM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
So nobody eh watch it?

It was a good beginning to the new season. Plans were being made for the royal wedding. Dragons getting bigger. Did you watch and if so what are your initial thoughts?

I haven't watched it properly yet. Only the first 30mins or so.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »
fair start hope it continue to intensify and not lull into a boring drag for the middle 8 episodes like normal.
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 07, 2014, 11:07:29 PM »
I thought it was a good start. I'm interested to see how that Stark girl turn out, I think she'll grow to be a killer.

On another note, I just recently found out that a co-worker of mine sister was a character on the show, Talisa Stark, the one who was pregnant for Rob Stark. They're from Spain and his sister went to a big time acting school on England. Anyway her brother said that up to this day he still can't watch the scene when she died. Even though it's acting he's says it's too gruesome and she always tell him to suck it up and get over it lol.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 08, 2014, 07:04:31 AM »
Does anyone have an online link for season four?

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 08, 2014, 07:30:52 AM »
I thought it was a good start. I'm interested to see how that Stark girl turn out, I think she'll grow to be a killer.

On another note, I just recently found out that a co-worker of mine sister was a character on the show, Talisa Stark, the one who was pregnant for Rob Stark. They're from Spain and his sister went to a big time acting school on England. Anyway her brother said that up to this day he still can't watch the scene when she died. Even though it's acting he's says it's too gruesome and she always tell him to suck it up and get over it lol.

Your co-worker come from a renowned family. Charlie Chaplin would be his grandfather and Eugene O'Neill his great-grandfather.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 08, 2014, 07:35:18 AM »
Megashare.info

The Talisa Stark is played by Oona Chaplin.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 08, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
Goodish episode, definitely looking forward to Oberyn Martell's story :). Absolutely loved the scene with Clegane and Arya ;

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 08, 2014, 10:31:24 AM »

Your co-worker come from a renowned family. Charlie Chaplin would be his grandfather and Eugene O'Neill his great-grandfather.

Yea I didn't even know all that because his last name is Chaplin as well, every time we talk it's about Real Madrid. I was like all these years and you didn't even tell me about your sister???

1]; } ?>