March 28, 2024, 08:59:12 AM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 144539 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #540 on: June 04, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
You know I went back and watch de ending again.

The end was so gruesome, I had fogotten that at first he hit him a right that hand that knock almost every teeth out he mout.

This was an interesting character. Sorry he didn't have more to do in the show.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 04, 2014, 11:08:46 PM »
So is that it for Tyrion?  Hard luck fella.  Theon annoyin me now.

Me too but I think the actor has to get some credit for that.

Talk about breaking donwn and breaking in a man. Like an animal. Even have he sleeping with the dogs.

I want to see if this bitch get even a little bit of redemption.

VB

Well they really drawing out his suffering and they want us to hate Ramsey so hopefully they give us something good at the end of it.
Also Tywin and Cersei look like good candidates for some vengeance after treating Tyrion like that.

Those cannibals real interesting.  They rougher than the wildings oui.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »
Not a bad episode, I was at the edge of my seat a lot with the attack on the Night's Watch at Castle Black. Sam had me cracking up and Jon Snow stood out....But so many questions left to be answered for the season finale....Tryion, Sansa Stark, The Hound & Ayra, Khaleesi????

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 09, 2014, 02:12:36 PM »
Yeah I haven't watched the show in a while but I did watch last night's episode and it was good.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #544 on: June 10, 2014, 06:01:02 AM »
The fight scene was good.
Whe I see the giants and the mammoth, I say "Oh LOrd."

For some novice fighters tney did ok. The key was keeping that tunnel sealed.

Fat man get away. ;-)

I was shocked the whole show was centred arond Castle Black. But then again I am slowly not getting surprised by anything on this show.

Sorry the yute woman died but in a show like this a lot of that is going to happen.

Dem fellas need some new recruits. They took a big hit last night.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 10, 2014, 06:58:25 AM »
well thas it for the Wall for this season...alot will hinge on John Snow killing bossman

sorry for Ygritte tho i think she wanted some snow sex...dey shoulda stay in d cave and do dat ting wid d tongue lol..as a man that had my fair share of feisty gals i rel feel it...dey does b chubble inno but oh gorm we does love dem

fellas in d tunnel had to hav rel defend it to take down that giant

whatever happened to that special knife sam had that he killed the whitewalker with?

on to next week oh gorm ah bummy...think thats it for sansa n dem..think she gonna accept sum bootoo from littlefinger as part of some plan she lookin like she wanna carry out

allyuh brace allyuhselves for next season cuz featuring prominently will be...Dorne!! that go b wildness lol

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 10, 2014, 07:22:20 AM »
Interesting episode, Giants looked awesome.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 10, 2014, 08:37:21 AM »
Overall I find that the producer/s of this show does not do the following well (for the audience)

1. Convey Elapsed Time - how much time has passed between events
2. Show Numbers - EVERY battle scene seems low budget, with the amount of personnel involved in the scenes. for example - outnumbered 1000-1 and it was just a handful of men/women we saw. When Kings Landing was attacked from the sea and pops rode in to help defend.. yet another example of very low numbers (people fighting) and low budget battle scenes.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 10, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
is my boy dat run dong an' hide in d room with d fatman gyal  :D ....but I like dat episode ....time for the usually subdued or disappointing finale.......d white taken dey time to reach d battle boy wais ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »
A little bit disappointing by Episode Nine standards of the past, but overally not bad.  It mirrors the Battle of Blackwater in that there was this huge, almost pivotal battle, rather than having one of the principal cast members die as in Season 1 and 3.  But all in all a good episode.  Ygritte dying was a bit of a downer in the end... I wanted them to take her out, but her hesitation in killing Jon showed that she could have been brought over from the dark side.  Speaking of John... he clean up de cannibal nice.  The Giants and the Mammoths though... I was watching it with the ladyfriend and was like... "they have mammoths??" lol  They f**k around and wait too long to drop fire on de attackers at the gate though... dem giants needed to catch a barrel of oil long time... and send dem mammoths scampering.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 11, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »
is my boy dat run dong an' hide in d room with d fatman gyal  :D ....but I like dat episode ....time for the usually subdued or disappointing finale.......d white taken dey time to reach d battle boy wais ???

Though the series doh follow the books 'to the letter' they have so far not deviated that much from the main arcs of the books. I think this should be one of the more shocking/gripping ep 10's. If things go to plan/order there should be at least two deaths of significant characters.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
Best episode possibly of the whole programme! Stannis thing was too short, but man so many awesome things happened :) Was getting worried Tyrion wouldn't get his 'shot' :p Brianne v The Hound was v interesting, not in teh books at all but very interesting and well done

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 16, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »
Yes overall it was an epic finale, can't wait for next season.

I'm just upset at the way the Hound went, Hound supposed handle himself in that situation.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 17, 2014, 03:02:15 AM »

I'm just upset at the way the Hound went, Hound supposed handle himself in that situation.

Brienne of Tarth is one of the best swords in the realm, so it was an epic fight :) she's up there (but not quite) with the Mountain and The Viper

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »

Brienne of Tarth is one of the best swords in the realm, so it was an epic fight :) she's up there (but not quite) with the Mountain and The Viper

Also doh forget the Hound was ailing from the infected bite on his neck so he wasn't 100%.

I thought they coulda give Stannis a few more minutes to shine. How long now we watching the man brooding over his gigantic living room table. The one time he pull off a big move he get 2 minutes on screen.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
Was real surprise Arya leave The Hound to suffer.  Brienne might be one of the best swords but he had the hand-to-hand advantage and get he ass buss.  I called Tywin's death a couple weeks back, but didn't expect it to come at the hands of Tyrion.  In one night Tyrion gone from loveable imp to cereal killa.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 18, 2014, 08:44:22 AM »
Was real surprise Arya leave The Hound to suffer.  Brienne might be one of the best swords but he had the hand-to-hand advantage and get he ass buss.  I called Tywin's death a couple weeks back, but didn't expect it to come at the hands of Tyrion.  In one night Tyrion gone from loveable imp to cereal killa.

tywin push him to dat and shea didn' do sheself no favours with dat woman scorned scene she was on.......and prove sheself to be "just a whore" in d end ah dat...............this have to be the best finale episode for GoT in a while
I pity the fool....

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 18, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
Interesting comparison of the book and TV version - not sure if it has been posted as I have not been following this thread closely.

15 differences from text to TV in Game Of Thrones

Television Seasons 1 and 2 were my favourite. Season 3 lost me - too slow. Season four picked up in the final two episodes for me.

I have read books 1 through 4 and gave up after reading the first 50 pages of Book 5. That was a few years ago so my memory is somewhat suspect but I seem to recall that Seasons 1 and 2 covered off books 1 and 2. Book 3 was split between Seasons 3 and 4 so perhaps that explains why I felt it was too slow.

I am speculating that as the series gained popularity, the producers so opportunities to protract the TV story telling to get more bang for the buck.

I will have to wait on Season 5 as book 4 introduced new characters and a story line that paralleled the known characters and their adventures. If you were to follow a logical progression, going from book 3 to 5 would allow you to follow the characters you have come to know; reading book 4 was frustrating - very little on the main characters from Book 3.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 18, 2014, 10:19:01 AM »
Actually Pecan the producers are condensing the story rather than protracting. Book 3 was the longest book so it made sense to split it.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 18, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »
I agree with your comment - the TV series is a condensation of the book; what I meant is that for me, something changed between season 2 and 3 with the latter 'missing' a component that I found appealing - the protraction comment I made was in comparison to seasons 1 and 2. I forget, was Book 3 that much longer than Books 1 or 2 (I gave my books away)? Season 3 just seemed to drag on and on. Maybe less violence and nudity to keep me engaged? :)
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2014, 09:27:26 AM »

Also doh forget the Hound was ailing from the infected bite on his neck so he wasn't 100%.

I thought they coulda give Stannis a few more minutes to shine. How long now we watching the man brooding over his gigantic living room table. The one time he pull off a big move he get 2 minutes on screen.

:rotfl:  somehow ah cyah see stannis operating in a place like king's landing.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 19, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

:rotfl:  somehow ah cyah see stannis operating in a place like king's landing.

I'm sure he can ship the table over :p

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 28, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »
I'm not a follower of GoT, but, having read comments here, I am curious. Went to Dunluce Castle some days ago and learned that it was incorporated into GoT in a modified way. Had no idea because this series has been off my radar.

However, it came up again today. Viewed the Brazil-Chile fixture at the Nook at the Giant's Causeway. Seated next to me was a family who had just come from special access to the filming site in Belfast, courtesy a relative involved with the series. They were not allowed to film aside from at one location just before exiting.

Find it interesting how much convo this series stimulates.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:11:14 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 29, 2014, 05:46:07 AM »
I'm not a follower of GoT, but, having read comments here, I am curious. Went to Dunluce Castle some days ago and learned that it was incorporated into GoT in a modified way. Had no idea because this series has been off my radar.

However, it came up again today. Viewed the Brazil-Chile fixture at the Nook at the Giant's Causeway. Seated next to me was a family who had just come from special access to the filming site in Belfast, courtesy a relative involved with the series. They were not allowed to film aside from at one location just before exiting.

Man the books are even worse - there are forum threads nearly a hundred pages long (and some way over) debating theories about the characters, some of which were confirmed others not yet. The world is so rich with intrigue and dynasties that you can easily get absorbed by the drama :).

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 29, 2014, 06:13:29 AM »

Man the books are even worse - there are forum threads nearly a hundred pages long (and some way over) debating theories about the characters, some of which were confirmed others not yet. The world is so rich with intrigue and dynasties that you can easily get absorbed by the drama :).

all i kno is that Dorne will b featured heavily...and u know what does go on in Dorne...put yuh kids to bed ppl

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 30, 2014, 03:57:21 AM »
Haha, yea Dorn is super-cool, the only region to resist Aegon's conquest of Westeros and descendants of immigrants from warmer climes. You'll get to see some of the Eight Sand Snakes - 8 bastard daughters of The Red Viper. And they're pretty awesome :). The four youngest are the daughters of Ellia (the lady who accompanied Oberyn to Kings Landing), and all 8 are pretty pissed about his death :)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 26, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PSYCHED

Nine new characters added to Game of Thrones cast
BBC News

Nine new characters have been unveiled for the fifth season of Game of Thrones.

The announcement was made via a video during a press conference at the Comic Con event in San Diego.

Among those joining the HBO show will be Jonathan Pryce, who played a James Bond villain in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Alexander Siddig, who's starred in 24, and Oscar nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes will also feature.

More than 6,000 people attended the Game of Thrones press conference.

Existing cast on the panel included Kit Harrington (Jon Snow), Gwedoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark).

No plot details were revealed but a blooper reel was played, as well as a video announcing the nine new characters and who will play them.#

Pryce will play the High Sparrow while Castle-Hughes will appear as Obara Sand.

Siddig is Doran Martell, the lord of Dorne and older brother to the late Oberyn Martell.

Toby Sebastian has been cast as Prince Doran's son, Trystane Martell, the heir to Dorne.

Nell Tiger Free is Myrcella Baratheon, DeObia Oparei is Areo Hotah, Enzo Cilenti will be Yezzen, Jessica Henwick is Nymeria Sand and Rosabell Laurenti Sellers is Tyene Sand.

Looks damn interesting - Happy to see less whiteness in the cast, and glad they had the courage to change Hotah's race to do it.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 26, 2014, 03:39:14 PM »
steups i was watchin d bloopers real who tell me read d comments...steups..ppl only bussin mark...i dont know wha it is with the bookreaders that gives them pleasure in spoiling it on purpose for everyone else....now i cant get what i saw out of my head...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 27, 2014, 08:52:51 AM »
steups i was watchin d bloopers real who tell me read d comments...steups..ppl only bussin mark...i dont know wha it is with the bookreaders that gives them pleasure in spoiling it on purpose for everyone else....now i cant get what i saw out of my head...

Man I'm sorry to hear that :( but think positively - you can watch everyone else get shocked while you have your poker face :p

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 12, 2015, 08:47:06 PM »
this supposed to start tonight but apparently 5 episodes get leaked and most streamin sites have dem
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>