April 24, 2024, 05:39:59 PM

Author Topic: Clarice Taylor, 'Cosby Show' and 'Sesame Street' actress, dies at 93  (Read 819 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
By Andrea Reiher
Zap2it

Clarice Taylor, most famous for playing Dr. Cliff Huxtable's mother on "The Cosby Show" and Harriet on "Sesame Street," has died at the age of 93, reports People. Clarice played Harriet on the popular children's show for 14 years, while also spending some time as the Huxtable matriarch.

Taylor played alongside Earle Hyman for seven years as Bill Cosby's onscreen quirky parents, Anna and Russell Huxtable. Taylor received an Emmy nomination in 1986 for Outstanding Guest Performer in a Comedy Series for her work on "The Cosby Show."

Besides her work on "The Cosby Show," Clarice also starred in Clint Eastwood's directorial debut, the psychological thriller "Play Misty for Me," and appeared on the stage numerous times, including in the original Broadway cast of "The Wiz" as Addaperle, the Good Witch of the North. Interestingly enough, her future onscreen daughter-in-law Phylicia Rashad was a munchkin in that production.

People reports that Taylor died of heart failure and was surrounded by her family. She is survived by two sons, William and James, and five grandchildren.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Clarice Taylor, 'Cosby Show' and 'Sesame Street' actress, dies at 93
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:27:51 PM »
I remember her well.

RIP
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Clarice Taylor, 'Cosby Show' and 'Sesame Street' actress, dies at 93
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 08:16:26 PM »
RIP...one of my favorite episodes of sanford and son is when she play grady cousin and keep promising lamont and grady "a big breakfast' and ent cook one blasted thing...talk bout kicks

1]; } ?>