April 26, 2024, 09:44:51 PM

Author Topic: World Football Challenge 2011  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
World Football Challenge 2011
« on: June 12, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »
Who here going and see Philadelphia Union vs Real Madrid. ?

July 23rd - Lincoln Financial Field.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:48:31 PM by E-man »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Philadelphia Union vs Real Madrid
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:21:12 PM »
I going
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World Football Challenge 2011
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:34:25 AM »
gentlemen,

we have some big time club action once again.

man u playing tonight.

FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City and Juventus in the mix too.

nothing in my hood in the ATL although i tempted to head down to meeeeami for the barca game.

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2011/07/12/world-football-challenge-2011-schedule-and-tv-listings/

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:04:52 AM »
Real Madrid playing LA today allyuh, what station and what time ?

Bull them hard Birchall...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »

ESPN 2 @10pm Eastern Time.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »

ESPN 2 @10pm Eastern Time.

NOW!

http://www.streamhub.tv/ch/V4.php
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
how did birchall play? didnt get to watch it last night.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 12:39:10 PM »
how did birchall play? didnt get to watch it last night.

He was the best player in the LA team. He helped win the corner that set up la to score.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Football Challenge 2011
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »
i just check FSC schedule for the next two weeks. club friendlies galore from asia to america.

looking forward to arsenal vs. ny red bulls. henry returns.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule

also bayern vs. hamburg on espn3.com @ 2:45 PM ET today. total liga cup.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:18:26 AM by Andre »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Barcelona vs Chivas Guadalajara
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 08:29:19 AM »
I witnessed this beatdown last night.  Who else from here went?

I real glad Barca get licks.  It's good when big team is reminded that they can't play slack and still win.
The fans were kinda stupid.  They booed Chivas when their bench players emerged from the tunnel, and they booed whenever a Barca player got hit, whether it was a foul or not. 

Chivas had the first good chance, Barca cleared off the line.  Then Xavi took over.
The man played his game, probing, keeping possession.  Barca really played some nice ball.
What you might not see in the highlights for Villa's goal is that Barca maintained possession for a few minutes before that, going forward and then coming back if there was no room.  The short passes had Chivas on edge, then the ball went back to Pique and he hit a perfect long ball over the top.  Sweet goal.
The crowd started chanting "Barca!, Barca!" and the majority Barca crowd were enjoying themselves.

Barca created several more chances including a Villa lob that hit the top of the crossbar.  Xavi had a couple shots and Barca looked like they could score again.  But then they took their foot off the gas and ended the half with 1 goal and 68% possession.

In the 2nd half a lot of changes were made and a setta children came on for Barca.
Chivas came out of their shell and started to take risks, making more runs and supporting the strikers.
Their 1st goal was a beauty, that shot had Pinto bewildered.  It swerved late into the top corner.
The 2nd one is goal of the year. Make sure allyuh see it. Perfectly executed aerial volley.  That one knocked the wind out of Barca.  This was from the same man who scored the 1st.

At this point they only had a few starters on the pitch and they just were not able to mount a comeback.
They kept going down the left to this blonde fella who was pullin stones.  Iniesta was running around but without good support he couldn't do much.
Chivas' third goal the man actually miskick in front of goal but got a 2nd chance to slot it in.
The crowd then started chanting "Chivas! Chivas!" and the few Chivas fans were in heaven.
The 4th I think it was offside.  It looked like there was only 1 defender between the scorer and the goal when the ball was played to him.

Good win for Chivas and I guess Pep got to see some of his B squad in action.
I was vex they didn't play Sanchez or Affelay.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/YAOfsuVAEPY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/YAOfsuVAEPY</a>
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:47:08 AM by Peong »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FC Barcelona vs Chivas Guadalajara
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 08:40:56 AM »
I witnessed this beatdown last night.  Who else from here went?

I real glad Barca get licks.  It's good when big team is reminded that they can't play slack and still win.
The fans were kinda stupid.  They booed Chivas when their bench players emerged from the tunnel, and they booed whenever a Barca player got hit, whether it was a foul or not. 

Chivas had the first good chance, Barca cleared off the line.  Then Xavi took over.
The man played his game, probing, keeping possession.  Barca really played some nice ball.
What you might not see in the highlights for Villa's goal is that Barca maintained possession for a few minutes before that, going forward and then coming back if there was no room.  The short passes had Chivas on edge, then the ball went back to Pique and he hit a perfect long ball over the top.  Sweet goal.
The crowd started chanting "Barca!, Barca!" and the majority Barca crowd were enjoying themselves.

Barca created several more chances including a Villa lob that hit the top of the crossbar.  Xavi had a couple shots and Barca looked like they could score again.  But then they took their foot off the gas and ended the half with 1 goal and 68% possession.

In the 2nd half a lot of changes were made and a setta children came on for Barca.
Chivas came out of their shell and started to take risks, making more runs and supporting the strikers.
Their 1st goal was a beauty, that shot had Pinto bewildered.  It swerved late into the top corner.
The 2nd one is goal of the year. Make sure allyuh see it. Perfectly executed aerial volley.  That one knocked the wind out of Barca.  This was from the same man who scored the 1st.

At this point they only had a few starters on the pitch and they just were not able to mount a comeback.
They kept going down the left to this blonde fella who was pullin stones.  Iniesta was running around but without good support he couldn't do much.
Chivas' third goal the man actually miskick in front of goal but got a 2nd chance to slot it in.
The crowd then started chanting "Chivas! Chivas!" and the few Chivas fans were in heaven.
The 4th I think it was offside.  It looked like there was only 1 defender between the scorer and the goal when the ball was played to him.

Good win for Chivas and I guess Pep got to see some of his B squad in action.
I was vex they didn't play Sanchez or Affelay.

Dude deserves a turn in his luck. He spent the last month fielding questions regarding the goings-on in the hotel room with the U23s in Ecuador. Won't be long before he's torturing us on the field.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »
I was unable to attend the game, but I had a lot of friends who were there. I was able to watch on television, though, and that second half from Chivas was a thing of beauty, although it was against Barca's youth side.

On a side note, I'm happy that Barca took the "L", though, because Miami is full of Barca fanboys- not the diehard kind of fan who's been supporting Barca all his life, but the kind of fan who has only jumped on the bandwagon since Messi became big. I'm not really a fan of Barca or any other club, but I'm just saying...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 09:13:31 AM »
No Messi No Barca... Imagine Welbeck breed Iniesta during the Man U/Barca game....

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »
ph@ck me that was a volley. Gonna hate to see him against us  :'(

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
No Messi No Barca... Imagine Welbeck breed Iniesta during the Man U/Barca game....

That was Barca F squad dude. That eh no loss. Alyuh getting on like Barca was out there huffing and puffing. Yes "Barca" loss, but Barca did not lose. Wow I swear sometimes. You think that number 30 could even sniff Barca bench.

At the same time that was two amazing goal, makes Rooney bicycle looks like scooter.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 09:50:39 AM »
Sweet scissors kick!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
Sweet scissors kick!

Is 2 Golasso de man put down in de space ah 3 minutes yes. Talk about ah story to tell yuh kids.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 09:58:42 AM »
Sweet scissors kick!

Ent.  De man lie down well before the ball reach him.  I bawl when I saw it last nite.  Gotta give props to the passer as well.  It was the perfectly weighted pass that created all that.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
GoalS boy!!!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »
Good report Peong. Great atmosphere and lots of Barca waggonist with Messi jerseys in abundance. One has to give credit to Chivas. They parked the bus and employed the counter attack well with two speedy wingers and two brilliant goals. I felt Chivas was in awe of Barca in the first ten minutes, I even counted forty passes with Chivas not touching the ball.Credit to Chivas coach . If the truth be told they missed Lionel but it was a good evening of entertainment. My disappointment was the way Barca wanted to walk into the goal with their passing- Small goal mentality, rather than pull the trigger in the 8 yd box. Well I was part of history 70,00080 fans. The announcer said it was the biggest turn out to a soccer game in South Florida

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »
As great as Barca is, they're not that deep.  Their quality (and experience) falls off significantly after the first 16.  It was the ONE area where people generally thought Man U had the advantage over them last season...of course that advantage doh mean squat in a one-off game...

I think Pep is giving his lower level B squad a more significant run in the pre-season this summer because due to a relative lack of depth, Xavi & co. haven't really had much of a rest in the last 3 seasons..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »
As great as Barca is, they're not that deep.  Their quality (and experience) falls off significantly after the first 16.  It was the ONE area where people generally thought Man U had the advantage over them last season...of course that advantage doh mean squat in a one-off game...

I think Pep is giving his lower level B squad a more significant run in the pre-season this summer because due to a relative lack of depth, Xavi & co. haven't really had much of a rest in the last 3 seasons..

What is scary is, it seems that they are actually selling players who got some run last year, to finance a possible purchase of Cesc. Which could leave them with less depth.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:38:58 AM by Giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:59 AM »
Sweet scissors kick!

Is 2 Golasso de man put down in de space ah 3 minutes yes. Talk about ah story to tell yuh kids.

When he shaped up to hit the first one, it did not look like it was on target and I thought to myself he should have passed the ball. Then when it caressed the underside of the bar and dropped in you know it was sweetly hit. 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 01:43:08 PM »

That was Barca F squad dude. That eh no loss. Alyuh getting on like Barca was out there huffing and puffing. Yes "Barca" loss, but Barca did not lose. Wow I swear sometimes. You think that number 30 could even sniff Barca bench.

At the same time that was two amazing goal, makes Rooney bicycle looks like scooter.

Barca had 6 starters from Wembley start the friendly... we had 3

better check yourself before you wreck yourself

FACT

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
Peong....Affelay tear he hamstring in de friendly against Man U, he go be out for about 5 weeks.....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Peong....Affelay tear he hamstring in de friendly against Man U, he go be out for about 5 weeks.....

Thanks.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »

FACT

Small mag me eh have to argue with de man. I had front row seats to the practice and the game... During the Barca practice session Van De Sar was sittin in front of me watching the practice and taking notes. It was obvious that Xavi was going to be the engine room fuh dem. When the startin line up get name I was like Sir Alex giving dem ah win or what....

BTW Small Mag yuh know Frederico and you could pass fuh brothers...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »

FACT

Doh even start that talk because you, like anyone else who has a clue about the game knows that there is really no relationship between the CL final at Wembley and the pre-season friendly at RFK unless yuh trying to sell papers. One was a real match, one was a glorified training session in front of the fans....

FYI Man U was further into their pre-season preparation than Barca was at the time of that game....but again there's really no relationship between the two games....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
When the season starting again ?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »

FACT

:rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>