March 29, 2024, 09:29:34 AM

Author Topic: Before Jack Warner.  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Before Jack Warner.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 09:35:11 AM »
Well, what about if its a casio digital watch which says am and pm on it.. :devil:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
Deeks, the short tenure for ken galt was because he suffered a massive heart attack and died. I believe it was actually after travelling somewhere on football related business.
I go hadda check de mums to find out for sure...
Back in Trini...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 10:26:15 AM »
Before Jack we never went no World Cup.

I had a watch that was broken. It was still right twice a day.

I eh sure bout that as a broken watch tells the right time once a day, how two times. ?

If de watch get broken 4am, then everyday 4am it tells de right time, does it have another 4am.

;D ;D ;D

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 10:55:44 AM »
These might be some stupid questions but I'll take the opportunity
1. Is the TTFF private or government owned?  Who do they answer to?
2. Was it always so? 
3. How, when and why did they get formed?

1. private, gov't has nothing to do with it unless they want to put in some money.
2. yes
3. formed in June 1908 by Thomas Boyd, a Scotchman from the Clydesdale FC, first league match in Sept 1908, associated to the English FA in Feb 1909. Known as Trinidad Amateur Football Association back then.

Joined CONCACAF and FIFA after independence in 1963 (believe it or not Haiti and Neth. Antilles were the first Caribbeans to join CONCACAF even though Commander Hayward and Eric James put in a lot of work in terms of Caribbean unity. Hayward formed the CFA in 1952 & Eric James the BCFA in 1957, forerunners of the CFU, which was launched in Haiti in 1978.

Thanks E-man.  If it's private why they always acting like the Gov't entitled to give them money and why we concern about how much money Jack make?   All this time I thinking is some sub-gov't org chart situation. 

From all the very informed reading it seems like it has been real shyte from the beginning.  Do you think if the Gov't ran our football things would be better?  No wonder people vex with Jack they feel he works for the country but Jack works for himself.  If the TTFF is private you need a business man to run it as a business not as a civil service organization.

I cant say that if the gov't was running the football things woulda be better, but it woulda certainly be different.  Where public funds concerned we probably woulda have better accountability.

It would take an astute business man like Jack to dupe the whole country into believing that the business he alone profits from is really a gov't business that he just running for the gov't.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 11:06:10 PM »
These might be some stupid questions but I'll take the opportunity
1. Is the TTFF private or government owned?  Who do they answer to?
2. Was it always so? 
3. How, when and why did they get formed?

1. private, gov't has nothing to do with it unless they want to put in some money.
2. yes
3. formed in June 1908 by Thomas Boyd, a Scotchman from the Clydesdale FC, first league match in Sept 1908, associated to the English FA in Feb 1909. Known as Trinidad Amateur Football Association back then.

Joined CONCACAF and FIFA after independence in 1963 (believe it or not Haiti and Neth. Antilles were the first Caribbeans to join CONCACAF even though Commander Hayward and Eric James put in a lot of work in terms of Caribbean unity. Hayward formed the CFA in 1952 & Eric James the BCFA in 1957, forerunners of the CFU, which was launched in Haiti in 1978.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread for 2 reasons. One because Warner just resigned. Two because I just found a nice color reproduction of the BCFA logo. This is the one the 1959 Caribbean All-Star team used on their tour of England (with Alvin Corneal, Noel Daniel, Ron Gray, Ed Aleong, Willie Rodriguez and so forth)

1]; } ?>