April 26, 2024, 05:09:22 PM

Author Topic: Diaries of a Spoil Child  (Read 1490 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Diaries of a Spoil Child
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
I say spoil child because dat is de impression everybody else gets about little ole TnT and how possibly could we be the spoil child of football with we 1.5 mil personas? Because we daddy is de Wealthiest man in de region. Rich in de pocket and wealthy with his mighty sword ; his pen! Who is we daddy.. Well Jack Warner of course.
I like, so many other spoiled sons use to think that it was cool being "the rich boy" The boy who everyone is forced to like because well within this social fascist sub-reality that we pass off as life - the guy with the props always comes out on top, right? Even now there are those that would say "Oh shut up" allyuh born wid a gold spoon; but yuh want to come down here in de ghetto and wha poorer folk feel sorry for allyuh.

But as all born rich could tell.. being de rich boy isn't always fun now is it. As a matter of fact, many times ah woulda rather trade it in for a fighting chance equaling a fighting spirit among st our concacaf peers. But not me! Me personally, I grow up thinking I dont have to train to hard, I dont have to try to hard, I don't have to work to hard. Why? because if all else fails, I could dial 1-800-Jack Warner and he will come put a bandage on de bobo. But never a real fix is it? No but he have more bandage than Johnson and Johnson. On the flip side.. As I watch Jamrock playing Grenada in de Gold Cup ah sayin to myself. boy when yuh daddy is de Teacher of de class it does be hard boy. Anythin that have to happen is me does have to get de sidelined. A boy feel sick and have to go by the principal office is me dey callin to carry him. One man too many on the field lunch time sweat and is me have to come off; well because my daddy run de program. Any matrix have to take place to let another in and well we have to sacrifice time and time again. Well at least we would have de best development programs in house right? Wrong.

The perception that we always can, means that we most times don't, just because we always can. Maybe that's why the lion sleeps so much because anytime he feels like it, he can get up and eat ah food. But we can't anytime get up and eat ah food can we? We can't even qualify for a regionally tournament but yet still have to be regarded in the international spotlight as a spoil child. We daddy always out fighting some war so.. no play time at home - so development sucks. Mommy disenfranchised so she doh want to put in no effort either I.e the private sector. De governments stance is well yuh is de sugar daddy Jack so hook dat shit up. We shouldnt have to do much. Somewhere someone might feel sorry for daddy but he never tries to talk to me and share the burden, the love or the wealth. Instead he rather tell us stories about how he only had a slippers and cardboard to go to school in; as he prepares to set off for another trumped up war leaving us here to suffer. Well leh we at least play some games while yuh gone nah daddy? Nah boy, sorry ah go have to take dis ball and give it to Haiti.. they never had a ball. But it have 3 ball daddy. Ah know but de other 2 is for Grenada and panama. What a life! and I suppose to be the rich boy, de spoil child and I constantly wind up with nothing.

But ah not worrying because a big name coach go come and pull we out of de whole.. de bandage ting nah and as soon as he does ( even though we still have to scrape tru) everyone go forget how hard things is for we and we revert to de gold spoon routine. Yes I am a product of de gold spoon so now de ideology is inherent. It has now become we heritage and we have all bought into it. God is a Trini huh? Well I feel I rather go and check out Budha or Allah or something because then God doh take care of his own.
Don't worry bout me, soon gold cup will be over, qualifiers will begin and all these feelings of animosity will subside. We goin Brasil, Daddy say so, so who am I to say different; I'll tell you who I am - I'm just a disgruntled son  who knows different!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:50:17 AM by davidephraim »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Diaries of a Spoil Child
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:14:47 PM »
we daddy?? who we?? maybe yours. Look TT win the CFU about 8 times. The players were good and they work hard, despite the ineptness of the TTFF. Where was JA when we were winning. Now we going to thru a rut with a lack of talent, we calling our boys lazy and prideless. Look at them Jamaicans. look allyuh have some serious inferiority complex.  Everything goes in cycles. I wish allyuh was in them boys shoes with jack dangling a carrot and then pulling it back. your daddy has to go. 

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »
we daddy?? who we?? maybe yours. Look TT win the CFU about 8 times. The players were good and they work hard, despite the ineptness of the TTFF. Where was JA when we were winning. Now we going to thru a rut with a lack of talent, we calling our boys lazy and prideless. Look at them Jamaicans. look allyuh have some serious inferiority complex.  Everything goes in cycles. I wish allyuh was in them boys shoes with jack dangling a carrot and then pulling it back. your daddy has to go. 

Thats the point Deeks. that our daddy has to go. TnT win de CFU abut 8 times and our players were good, comparatively. However the disparity between the region has decreased in leeps and bounds. Why yuh think people so dumbfounded by a Grenada beating? If Grenada, St. Vincent, Barbados, Cuba got closer to us and we didn't get closer to the top, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Canada,Panama, Honduras. Then I ask you who increased and who decreased? Incrementally I mean? As a matter of fact it looks like the top grew!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 12:29:10 AM »
nice rant david.

food for thought:

Name one major Concacaf side that's worse off now than it was 15 years ago.

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 12:31:28 AM »
nice rant david.

food for thought:

Name one major Concacaf side that's worse off now than it was 15 years ago.

TnT - TnT - TnT - TnT - TnT
And this is my point. It would seem as de spoil child we should have it going on but we don't so It seems like being a spoil child isn't all that it's cracked up to be!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »
oh god.... giant wall of text!!

Put some damn paragraphs nah david
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »
MaxG go find dat real easy readin :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »
oh god.... giant wall of text!!

Put some damn paragraphs nah david

FF it was a rant. A rant supposed to be a one waller! Adjusted for better reading however.. Thanks very much.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 10:53:51 AM »
MaxG go find dat real easy readin :devil:

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>