April 29, 2024, 10:09:21 AM

Author Topic: 2011/12 Premier League Thread.  (Read 36490 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/12 Premier League Thread.
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 09:05:18 AM »
Ah cyah find de post but someone on here RECENTLY ... might be less than a week to maybe 10 days ago  (I have 2 suspects in mind ;D) posted Dzeko was shit ... I made a mental note of it but cyah find it ... ah feel it's mysteriously disappeared. Look ting!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2011, 09:09:32 AM »
City looks ridiculously good... it's astounding how much they have improved.  They just drop 4 goals on Spurs in just under an hour of play.  Talk about rampant... you can completely throw out that opening loss to United in the Community Shield, they are a completely different team from just two weeks ago, scary as that is.

Dzeko with the natural hat trick and Aguero with his second in three games.

No lie, I didn't expect them to look this good. If they build on this form.. look trouble. Arry needs to shut he c**t in the press and start concentrating on he team. Man like ah attention whore!

Spurs have real dead weight to get rid off.

This might be an overstatement. I will say this though ... Assou-Ekotto catches the eye EVERY TIME ... good vision, high percentage on his pass execution, comfortable with the ball at his feet in a seemingly effortless way, adds dimension ... like this player.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »
Agree on Assou-Ekotto... funny, I was thinking about the supposed dearth of quality left backs in this league that his name doesn't come up more often.  I don't think he's a defensive rock or anything, but I think he's solid in defense.  What he gives you going forward is what impresses me the most though... his pace and passing is very impressive but he's overshadowed both by the fact that he has Bale ahead of him on the wing, and by the lack of quality players in the Tottenham final third.

-------------------------------------------------

United and Arsenal on now... Arsenal starting the game on the back foot.  Let's see how Webb calls this game.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2011, 09:31:25 AM »
Desk app went to the well too many times. I think his courage to play to ball players in the centre of the park is admirable. Last year Huddlestone and Modeic was first choice and they hold their own against most but Modric and Krancjar against City was probably a step too far.

Playing this City will be the big test for United with their more open middle.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »
Arsenal are poor... no other way to describe them.  They give up a goal to Wellbeck then are awarded a penalty a minute later... only to see Van Persie place it weakly for the keeper to save.  Another minute and Young poison them with a pin perfect strike into the upper right corner.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »
Arsenal are poor... no other way to describe them.  They give up a goal to Wellbeck then are awarded a penalty a minute later... only to see Van Persie place it weakly for the keeper to save.  Another minute and Young poison them with a pin perfect strike into the upper right corner.

Well they've been significantly depleted and it's showing.  Defensively they are at sea, and appear to be lacking confidence pretty much everywhere else. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »

Well they've been significantly depleted and it's showing.  Defensively they are at sea, and appear to be lacking confidence pretty much everywhere else. 

Being depleted doesn't explain the poor execution on both ends of the pitch... such as that weak penalty attempt by their captain, or Coquelin (you don't have to be experienced to recognize a player's strength) allowing Young onto his favored right foot 20-25 meters from goal.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
Being depleted doesn't explain the poor execution on both ends of the pitch... such as that weak penalty attempt by their captain, or Coquelin (you don't have to be experienced to recognize a player's strength) allowing Young onto his favored right foot 20-25 meters from goal.

Yeah, they in a mess right now...The depleted factor shows up in their lack of overall quality...

Walcott will believe that he's given them a lifeline, but based on how this game is going, I'd be surprised if they don't concede any more.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »

Yeah, they in a mess right now...The depleted factor shows up in their lack of overall quality...

Walcott will believe that he's given them a lifeline, but based on how this game is going, I'd be surprised if they don't concede any more.   

Agreed... I could even be persuaded to forgive Coquelin with Young's pace and ability to go left.  But Van Persie??  Your team need a score and that is the mess yuh do?  Just seems emblematic of everything that's wrong about Arsenal.  I said the same thing two weeks ago in the dust-up between Barton and Gervinho. 

There was a photo where Barton had pardna by the scruff of the neck, surrounded by three other Newcastle players, not a Arsenal player in the frame.  In fairness to them a couple came within moments to Gervinho's assistance... but watching the actual clip, you see Van Persie strolling nearby, a passive observer... and he's captain.  I'm just not convinced by that fella.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 08:57:32 AM »
Swansea keeper handed the ball to Arshavin.  Real kicksy mistake 1-0.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 09:36:38 AM »
Dyer & Sinclair for Swansea are very good lil players.

Theo Walcott is such a rank shittong jed... 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
Very shaky win for Arsenal.  Very shaky...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
Aguero by 3. Sleep on City at your peril this season. them fellas playing football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
Hernandez is such an intelligent player... particularly for someone so young.  His understanding of space and movement is incredible.  Early goal to put Man U. up 1-0 in the 6'

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 07:47:06 AM »
The concern I have with respect to City is ... what can they bring to the table in the absence of David Silva's engineering?  How does Mancini replace him?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Some EPL owners against relegation
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »
Some EPL owners against relegation
Associated Press
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7114120/foreign-owners-english-premier-league-oppose-relegation-system

LONDON -- Some of the Premier League's foreign owners want to abolish the relegation and promotion system, a senior English soccer executive said Monday.

With half of the Premier League's 20 clubs under foreign ownership, League Managers' Association chief executive Richard Bevan said if more teams are sold to overseas investors they could force a dramatic change to the rules.

"There are a number of overseas-owned clubs already talking about bringing about the avoidance of promotion and relegation in the Premier League," Bevan said at the Professional Players Federation conference in London. "If we have four or five more new owners, that could happen."

Forcing through any change to the Premier League's rules requires the support of 14 of the 20 clubs.

"Certainly you'll find that with American owners and you'll find that with some of the Asian owners (they have been talking about scrapping relegation)," Bevan said on the sidelines of the conference.

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Manchester United and Sunderland are owned by Americans, while Blackburn is under Indian ownership and Queens Park Rangers has Malaysian backers.

Under the current system, the three bottom clubs are relegated each season from the top flight to the second-tier Championship, while three clubs are promoted from the Championship to the Premier League.

Bevan wants The Football Association to implement rules that would prevent the current promotion system from being changed.

"If you look at sports all around the world and you look at sports owners trying to work out how to invest to make money, you will find that most of them like the idea of franchises," Bevan said. "If you take particularly American owners, without doubt, there have been a number of them looking at having more of a franchise situation and that would mean no promotion or relegation.

"Obviously if I was an American owner and I owned a football club or I was an Indian owner I might be thinking I would like to see no promotion or relegation, my investment is going to be safer and my shares are going to go up in value."

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Some EPL owners against relegation
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
why get rid of Relegation??? If you get rid of it from the league then it will make the season very boring cause none would be sent to lower division. Relegation makes a club fight damn hard to stay up in the top flight.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »
I doh see the logic or the merit in this. All that does is just ensure that one set of clubs get a fixed cut in the TV rights.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »
I doh see the logic or the merit in this. All that does is just ensure that one set of clubs get a fixed cut in the TV rights.
...which is all the merit a business man needs.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
This sounds more like Richard Bevan saying what he thinks/imagines the owners want as opposed to what any owners have actually said.

American franchises are set up their way historically and it works for them. It would never work in England especially when you consider the number of "small" clubs currently in the EPL and the big clubs out of it. That is the beauty of promotion and relegation there is always a freshness to each season, the potential (as limited as it is) for a big club falling or a small club rising. Not to mention the fact that it gives half the league something serious to play for and keeps every week competitive.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

giggsy11

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 06:40:52 AM »
Leave the system alone.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 07:00:48 AM »
Some of the Premier League's foreign owners want to abolish the relegation and promotion system, a senior English soccer executive said Monday.

Well now self Tobago United going and enter dat league.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 10:37:44 AM »
Bevan only talking assness... none of the 10 foreign PL owners have said they want to abolish the relegation/promotion system.  Additionally, any change requires the approval (no matter of how many owners vote in favor of it) of the FA anyways, and they've said it will never happen.  Nothing more than British xenophobia rearing it's head again.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2011, 11:42:51 AM »
Is anyone else impressed by Norwich this season. I liking what they trying to do and do in spurt during their games.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »
Shaka commentating this Stoke v Newcastle game on ESPN..

First game i hear him in the main commentator slot instead of the color commentator slot.

He sounding way too excitable for my liking.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:20:22 PM by dinho »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »

First game i hear him in the main commentator slot instead of the color commentator slot.

No trini supposed to find any commentator excitable when we getting a steady dose of Andre Baptiste
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2011, 02:57:59 PM »

Is this ESPN1?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »

Dinho, what ESPN? bc i'm looking @ every espn channel and can't find it. hope yuh hear in boo york so yuh could give me a time warner channel.           positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2011, 03:15:41 PM »

Dinho, what ESPN? bc i'm looking @ every espn channel and can't find it. hope yuh hear in boo york so yuh could give me a time warner channel.           positive.

Is in Trinidad, so i think that is ESPN International.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
There was an exchange during the game today between Shaka and the other commentator when Kenwyne came on as a sub...

Commentator: You got your wish. Kenwyne Jones coming on.. Fellow Trinidadian.
Commentator: Any chance we'll see Trinidad at the World Cup... 2014 in Brazil perhaps?
Shaka: [long pause]
Shaka: I'd love a trip to Brazil in 2014..... If Trinidad is there even better.
Commentator: Can't even beat Bermuda though.. *chuckles*

Ah was shame!!

1]; } ?>