April 26, 2024, 10:25:57 AM

Author Topic: Devorn Jorsling has his confidence back  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Devorn Jorsling has his confidence back
« on: June 18, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
Devorn Jorsling has his confidence back
By Grace McNair(orlandocitysoccer.com)

Devorn Jorsling finally capitalized on two spectacular goals in the first match of the 2011 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Frustrated with his past performances, Jorsling could finally celebrate what he had been waiting for all season long and help secure Orlando City’s 4-0 victory. 

Jorsling played in nine games prior to this and knew that he needed to take advantage of his time on the field. His impressive diving header to exploit on his first goal was an incredible personal victory for Jorsling and he continued to thrive off the energy he received from that moment.  

“It felt wonderful. It feels like a weight is off my shoulders and I’ve got a bit of confidence going into the game on Saturday. My confidence is high and if I get opportunities again I’ll put them in the goal.”

Jorsling’s diving header was the start of his self-assurance and it escalated even further when he found himself blasting a second goal in the back of the net. He proved to the team and the fans that he was certainly capable of being a game-changer. His confidence will hopefully ignite into Saturday’s match and give The Lions an advantage on their attack.

“With him being a goal scorer throughout his career getting those goals on the score sheet will be a huge boost for his confidence,” said Coach Heath. “Hopefully this could be the start of him really getting in with the team and start scoring some more goals.”

Saturday’s nationally televised match will be Jorsling’s first chance to show that he’s back on form. The game will be broadcast on FOX Soccer Channel. Kickoff is set for 7:30 pm. For tickets and information, call 407-536-5368 before it’s too late!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:40:03 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Devorn Jorsling has his confidence back
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »
Kevin Molino also scored and made an assist in this game.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/sports/2011/june/262848/Orlando-City-Begins-US-Open-Cup-Run-With-40-Romp

Orlando City Begins US Open Cup Run With 4-0 Romp Forwards Devorn Jorsling and Dennis Chin celebrate Jorsling's 28th minute goal By Jeff Radcliffe
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Video Stories
ASC New Stars vs. Orlando City Highlights 

ORLANDO -- 

Orlando City kicked off their first match in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup against the ASC New Stars. Weather was a challenge for this game but it did not stop the 1,139 enthusiastic fans from packing the UCF Soccer Stadium. The Lions outlasted the weather and the New Stars for a dominating 4-0 victory.

Justin Fojo, Dennis Chin, Charlie Campbell and even goalkeeper Sean Kelley gave Orlando a fresh new energy to begin this first US Open Cup match. Orlando established themselves in the first minutes of the game with passionate play from Jamie Watson and Kevin Molino assisting in the midfield to help the attack. The rhythm of the game weakened in the middle of the first half as both teams struggled to get the final ball necessary for a goal. The ASC defense packed the 18-yard box and shut down Orlando’s opportunities for goals.

Orlando City’s energy reignited when Devorn Jorsling finally secured his first goal of the season. Dennis Chin crossed the ball and Jorsling laid out for an exhilarating diving header and capitalized on the goal in the 28th minute to take the Lions to a 1-0 lead.   

Shortly following the goal, Dennis Chin made a threatening run and beat multiple ASC defenders with his incredible footwork. Chin was fouled hard inside the box and gave Orlando City another great opportunity to score. Jamie Watson took the penalty kick, but unfortunately his shot struck the lower right post and rebounded away from the goal. Watson continued to fight hard to redeem his shot and encourage the energy of the Orlando offense.

The first half ended successfully for Orlando City when Kevin Molino blasted the ball into the net in the 42nd minute, giving the Lions an exciting 2-0 lead. Dennis Chin made a spectacular cross and gave Molino his opportunity to score. It was Chin’s second assist for the match as he continuously demonstrated a hard fight going towards the goal.

The Lions began the second half energetic and eager to score. Chin and Watson worked well together to get shots on goal that were just barely deflected by ASC’s keeper. Orlando’s energy and the entire game unfortunately came to a stop in the 58th minute due to severe weather. Lightning delayed the game for one hour and 24 minutes as teams and fans were forced to wait out the storm.

Orlando came back from the long break ready to attack and proved it in the 60th minute with an immediate goal from Dennis Chin. Chin put the ball in the back of the net after battling hard against an ASC defender, pounding the ball low into far post. The keeper had no chance to stop the shot and Chin proved that he was more than capable of being a game-changer.

The Lions were still not finished. Devorn Jorsling capped off the night in the 77th minute with his second goal of the game officially giving Orlando a definitive 4-0 lead. Charlie Campbell assisted the goal by giving a solid cross on the ground.

The game finally concluded with a 4-0 victory for Orlando City in the first match of the 2011 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Despite the weather, Orlando did not let go of their energy and passion to score goals and to prevent anything less than a shutout.

“It felt great. I’ve been working hard this whole time being a rookie,” said Dennis Chin.  “Adrian and all the coaches have been helping me out a lot to transition and it felt good to finally score my first goal.”

“I’ve been dying to be out there lately and it was a really good chance to get out there and have fun,” said Sean Kelley. “It was great to get a good win and a clean sheet.”
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:16:55 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ze-tuFh0unU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ze-tuFh0unU</a>
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:00:51 AM by Tallman »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
I am surprised Devorn Jorsling is still on the T&T team.

Apart from his sloggish play and lack for goals, his attitude stinks and is bad to have around the younger players.

I remember he was sub in Antigua for one of the games and while he was coming off he was cussing very stink.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
I am surprised Devorn Jorsling is still on the T&T team.

Apart from his sloggish play and lack for goals, his attitude stinks and is bad to have around the younger players.

I remember he was sub in Antigua for one of the games and while he was coming off he was cussing very stink.

I agree 100%  As far as im concerned he's an absolute waste of fackin time, don't even know why he's in the team, i would rather kerry baptiste or andre toussant any day on the week.  joslin is slow and can't penetrate, he's woss that jason scotland in the respect.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>